Is it taboo to talk about how someone died?

So a friend of a friend apparently passed away. Young. Mid twenties.

Morbid curiosity made me click his face book profile and see how exactly it happened.

Nobody talks about it. And the few that asked are ignored.

Even in obItuaries of people I knew but didn't know how they passed. Its never mentioned. Best you'll get is "peacefully in their sleep"

Why is this? Is it considered rude? Its the elephant in the room. Everyone wants to know but nobody asks or tells.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/chris-hyndmans-mother-suggests-tv-host-died-while-sleepwalking-but-experts-say-its-unlikely
youtube.com/watch?v=if2RJggrjPo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe the family don't want talk about how He got dismembered and then beheaded. Could be hard for them talk about it to a complete strange.

All the White people died get over it.

Well I don't expect the family to be open. But for like 100 of his friends. For none of them to mention it. Just seems really odd.

I've noticed this with every other person I've known who's passed away.

I think it is just that it doesn't really matter what causes someone's death, there's no changing it and you should be focusing on celebrating and remembering that persons life. If someone was young or died in some spectacular way it usually is talked about. I would ask a non family member if you really want to know, just so you don't cause the persons family more pain and grief.

>Even in obItuaries of people I knew but didn't know how they passed.
Yes, it is taboo. I don't know about American obituaries, but here, obituaries are short, standardized notices with name, date of birth and death, names of relatives, and some information about the funeral. Often, there is a pledge that people donate to a certain foundation, and that is often the best clue to the cause of death - stroke foundations, cancer foundations, etc.

Maybe he was a pedo and killed himself

Try using your brain, he killed himself.

>Nobody talks about it. And the few that asked are ignored.

That's how you know they anhero'd

I'm with you op! I had a friend who killed her self. I fucking HAD to know how she did it. Brother finally told me after getting him drunk. If I ever kill myself I sure as fucking hell want other people to know how I did it...

He killed himself you stupid fucking retard. Use your head.

either a suicide or a drug overdose.

typically when it goes unspoken of in that matter, it was a very negative way of passing away.

when my uncle killed himself, when my friend's mentor killed himself, and when my friend Nick in high school killed himself, it was all treated like that, OP.

Suicide is some pussy bullshit. You really hurt those you love.

Sorry you're going through this.

>things Shillary would say

Fucking pussies ITT.

just fucking ask, if they get salty you just get angry and say you where just fucking asking because you want to know how your friend went out.

jeez guys nut up.

But he was white AF had a decent girl and 2 kids. Also white AF. Makes me wonder even more now if he did anhero.

My dad died of a drug overdose do you think thats going to put that in the obituary or the family will talk about it on facebook?
>so sorry for your dad's crack addiction user

Lot's of people seem happy. Like here the Fag couple steven and chris. The one died after falling out of his apartment window. The mother tried to bullshit and say "he sleepwalks a lot" Trying to imply he sleepwalked right the window

One of the Steven and Chris guys died?
Sleepwalking?

Lol wtf

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/chris-hyndmans-mother-suggests-tv-host-died-while-sleepwalking-but-experts-say-its-unlikely

>Suicide is some pussy bullshit. You really hurt those you love.
Life doesn't get better or improve especially if you're in this male hating society. Other selfishly force you to continue to suffer so they can feel better.

>be me in 9th grade
>one evening the phone rings
>Sup user, are you going to the funeral?
>Eh, what funeral?
>Our classmate got hit by a car while running across the road. So are you coming?
>That fag deserved it and no, I'm not coming
>G'night then
>Cheers
I guess it's part of PC culture but I never heard of someone hiding anything about other's death unless it was suicide.

Sweatin' like a farm animal, cool as a daisy

youtube.com/watch?v=if2RJggrjPo

probably a drug od or died in some sort of criminal act. otherwise it would be common info and people wouldnt be afraid to reply to your posts asking why

he did ask. thats the whole point of the thread.

Well maybe you should first try living in a country where life means anything.

a suicide or od death tarnishes the family image, so that's why they keep it hush hush.

I always think that the less it's talked about the worse/more taboo it was. Like if nobody talks about it, probably a drug overdose or some other degenerate thing.

Is there a gofundme so i can help with funeral costs??

I dont care that i dont know him and i dont care that i dont know how he dies im just genuinely concerned

spot on.

fuck off with suicide is some pussy shit. If you are going mad and insane why suffer mrore

Would the person who died name be Brent Ross?

The guy in question was an asshole and no one actually liked him.
Trust me, if you got run over the result would be nearly identical.
Or are you so bluepilled that you think the whole world will mourn your passing? Don't make me laugh.

Nobody outside your immediate family gives two fucks, there is a word for it but I dont know what it is, something like fake social virtues.

Even your family(immediate family, father, mother, sister/brother, your cousins wont care at all) will move on after a two week, its just the way we are.

Because it's the ultimate act of cowardice. Get help. Not some doc who is going to give you a ton of meds but something that gives purpose and value. Every single person I know who killed themselves was a sniveling spineless cunt who didn't want to put the hard work in to better their lives.

I don't know much info. I barley knew the dude himself. Sorta friends like 15 years ago.

Its just a shock because he was so young and had a wife and kids.

No. Tanner.