>be american
>be fat
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

big, empty spaces

epic

>Turkey borders Ukraine

That's a new one

What the flip is with that map?

The new world hasn't done their mandatory few millenia of war to create proper borders for themselves yet

Finally a political map that finally recognizes Crimea as türkish clay

Because our countries are based in history and national identity, not just convenient land distribution.

Sounds like a poor way to manage your borders. Convenient land distribution makes land distributed in a way that's convenient to the parties involved.
If it was a map of the EU I'd disagree with you. At that point it's basically like showing our counties.

what do you think our countries are based on? we were simply more proficient at weeding out the small potatoes in out continent's history

>At that point it's basically like showing our counties.
You're missing the point entirely
Counties have no autonomy, and neither do French departaments that's why I didn't iunclude them

Åland is the only autonomous province

>?

Nigga what are you talking about that's the ismoth to Europe, not Crimea. Last time I checked Sevastopol and Istanbul weren't side by side.

That's why I said
>>Finnish autonomous province
See that "s" at the end?
Me neither, cause it ain't there.

Because the United States was essentially unopposed and could take however much land it wanted for most of its history. The US also came at a time where geographic barriers were becoming less relevant to ensuring proper governance. Most countries sizes were checked by countries of equivalent power next door or by geographic barriers.

>Thrace is Crimea
makes sense