Chants and Anthems at Sporting Events

I never realised that it's an American thing to do things like pic related and what's in the videos at the beginning of every ball game. A friend told me that this isn't something that Europeans do, is that true?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ksa0Pdt7R10
youtube.com/watch?v=NCB3md8AVd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw7_Rip9z20

If so, what do you think about this, that it's something that you don't experience and witness at your sporting events? Not trolling or anything, but I just can't understand why not. Is it because you don't want to get thrown into reeducation camps, blown up or beheaded, or offend people? I was googling this prior to making threads and literally the only thing that came up was the stuff at US games, even the US anthem in foreign countries, but not foreign anthems. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6LiuFfdrAg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hxo9e5Wr51Q
youtube.com/watch?v=OAEmpdSHC10
youtube.com/watch?v=VwfRitPQZ1U
youtube.com/watch?v=hSBgqueGwQI
youtube.com/watch?v=2KUoajWgOt0
youtube.com/watch?v=iFsRcrPCfXk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lvk8Z43XDk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8uddu2w2Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAYF2i3P-Js
youtube.com/watch?v=qJGfu87vm6o
youtube.com/watch?v=i-6OMx3mCFs
youtu.be/FuPeGPwGKe8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We don't need that level of deluded patriotism.

>he thinks chants at sports are an american thing
>he's never watched a european football or rugby match

We make you look like absolute bitches lad

Here's a video of your average American experiencing the atmosphere at a european sports event

youtube.com/watch?v=f6LiuFfdrAg

Europeans are afraid of large showings of patriotism because of their PTSD from WWII. To them it's better to cuck yourself and not show pride in your country than dare let anyone think you are a "too" patriotic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hxo9e5Wr51Q

I never said you don't chant. I was referring to things like chanting USA USA USA. So answer my question?

It's a sign of group pride. If you don't like Ireland, leave, not vote to import 3rd worlders to destroy your ancestors.

That's not fear in her eyes that's a primal calling to her ooga booga instincts

youtube.com/watch?v=OAEmpdSHC10

>I never said you don't chant. I was referring to things like chanting USA USA USA. So answer my question?

>Europeans are afraid of large showings of patriotism because of their PTSD from WWII. To them it's better to cuck yourself and not show pride in your country than dare let anyone think you are a "too" patriotic.

Why would we chant anything like that when we're playing other British teams? Fans are about tribalism, it's about intimidating other teams. I'm guessing the US doesn't have any tribalism because of the mongrelisation of you people.

We have England vs Wales chants when it's Swansea/Cardiff playing a English team.

But even these chants are louder than yours, lad.

e.g

youtube.com/watch?v=VwfRitPQZ1U
youtube.com/watch?v=hSBgqueGwQI

And then you get English chants

youtube.com/watch?v=2KUoajWgOt0
youtube.com/watch?v=iFsRcrPCfXk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lvk8Z43XDk

>ywn be American
I used to lineup for the anthem at my football games, and I'd cry. That would be the only emotion I'd show on game day. It's beautiful. Sorry I'm a fucking patriot

Well atleast you answered half, but what about anthems at the beginning? And why only at games with other nations, why not just every one?

>but what about anthems at the beginning? And why only at games with other nations, why not just every one?
Why would we do that? If it's two British teams playing against eachother why play God Save The Queen? We wouldn't be competing for her against foreign nations

To show pride in your nation, the entire point I've been trying to make. But Euros are afraid to show national pride.

Probably Americans are the oddballs here.
>Why would we chant anything like that when we're playing other British teams? Fans are about tribalism, it's about intimidating other teams.
This.

We sing the national anthem, but that's it. The best part are the organized cheering "warsongs"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8uddu2w2Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAYF2i3P-Js

Mate that guy has been posting videos that show Europeans have plenty of pride. Just because they don't do things 100% the same as you doesn't mean it's invalid.

Pull your head out of your ass.

>To show pride in your nation, the entire point I've been trying to make. But Euros are afraid to show national pride.

We show national pride abroad or in national games, much more than any American fans could.

youtube.com/watch?v=qJGfu87vm6o
youtube.com/watch?v=i-6OMx3mCFs

It's because we're facing a different tribe and are a homogenous community.

It's about intimidating foreign nations/teams not about circlejerking about how good we are

Second video lyrics, paste it on Google translate
ir até o inferno
atentar o satánas
proeza como essa só a IMPÉRIO é capaz
comer a carne do diabo
jogar os ossos para trás
perguntar se tem mais
e o capeta respondeu
nunca mais,nunca mais
sou sou da IMPÉRIO eu sou
vou dá porrada eu vou
e ninguém vai me segurar
nem a pm
nem a civil
a federal vai pra puta que pariu
sou da IMPÉRIO vim pra matar
sou da IMPÉRIO o terror do paraná
eo eo a IMPÉRIO é o terror

Only a eurofag would think its a 'circlejerk about how good we are' and then do the same to try and 'intimidate' others and claim to be better at it. Here its not about intimidation, it's about pride, something both teams join in and sing together.

It doesn't seem to be very similar at all from how you guys are explaining it.

Pm, Civil and federal are our police forces. There are a fuckload of hate assassinations related to this group.

I'll check it out, thanks m8.

>Only a eurofag would think its a 'circlejerk about how good we are' and then do the same to try and 'intimidate' others and claim to be better at it. Here its not about intimidation, it's about pride, something both teams join in and sing together.

Right... I don't think your getting it.

A group chanting is about the in group collectively coming together to distinguish themselves against the out group.

It's us vs them.

Which is why it doesn't make any sense to chant national songs when two teams of the same nation are against eachother, we know we're all the queen's subjects, why sing the anthem?

We have songs that separate local pride. Swansea will sing there song. Manchester United will sing there song. Chelsea will sing there song.

It's about tribalism, it's about we're better than you.

Singing the national anthem would bring these two teams together and ruin the competition because it would dissolve the tribalism.

Do. You. Understand?

>Singing the national anthem would bring these two teams together and ruin the competition because it would dissolve the tribalism.
>bring these two teams together

And there you go, the difference between Euros and the US

>And there you go, the difference between Euros and the US
Euros like to compete against eachother? We like competition? What's your point?

youtu.be/FuPeGPwGKe8

>Which is why it doesn't make any sense to chant national songs when two teams of the same nation are against eachother, we know we're all the queen's subjects, why sing the anthem?

I don't think you get it. I get your side of it, but you don't get mine, this is why I asked the question that I did.

It's not about separation, it's about coming together. If it were about separation we would sing our state or team songs, we would fly our state flags, we wouldn't come together and sing the national anthem and recite the pledge of allegiance.

It's not about tribalism, it's about nationalism, and THAT, my friend, is what I see missing in Europe, and THAT, my friend, is why I asked my original question.

>If so, what do you think about this, that it's something that you don't experience and witness at your sporting events? Not trolling or anything, but I just can't understand why not
>Is it because you don't want to get thrown into reeducation camps, blown up or beheaded, or offend people?

Instead of linking me to videos of you guys yelling things like "sheep shagger" at the other fans, link me to videos of you all joining in solidarity and singing God save the queen, or reciting your pledge, or just joining in comradery with your fellow countrymen just for the sake of singing it. Is that something that's so hard for Europeans to understand? Because it's not for Americans.

You should watch if you haven't already.