Green Party goes full retard

I wanted to give these guys a shot, but they're fucking crazy. Jill Stein wants to ban Wi-Fi and screens from schools.

>In a campaign event, she called the use of technology in education a “corporate ruse.” Apparently, “we should be moving away from screens at all levels of education”. Regarding wireless networks, she said, “should not be subjecting kids’ brains to that.”

>The World Health Organization has stated that radiation “exposures from base stations range from 0.002% to 2% of the levels of international exposure guidelines.” Humans, in fact, absorb “up to five times more” radiation from FM radio and television than WiFi technology.

The VP "human rights activist" Ajamu Baraka is so far left he considers Bernie Sanders an imperialist tool and a borderline racist.

These people are jokes.

Read more at wonkette.com/605128/jill-stein-didnt-want-you-dumb-old-bernie-voters-anyway#6JHOqSguzv8ukXkL.99
thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/290437-jill-stein-the-liberal-pseudo-scientific-demagogue

wonkette.com/605128/jill-stein-didnt-want-you-dumb-old-bernie-voters-anyway#6JHOqSguzv8ukXkL.99

>she called the use of technology in education a “corporate ruse.”
Well, she's not wrong on that point.

Mate in this election cycle there is only one choice.

Shouldn't kids use computers and such to learn?

I actually kind of agree with her on this. Kids are getting brainfucked at an extremely young age by tablets/phones/computers.

I'm a Johnson man. Trump just a GOP puppet now, with pence as VP and endorsing Ryan he's shown himself to be a fraud.

What is wrong with books you fucking faggot?

Is there evidence to this point? Kids shouldn't be using screens all day, but the solution isn't to get rid of them.

I'm a fan of books but computers do many more things than books.

What is most goyim who use these shitty devices?

Why are there faggots on here who are defending this shit? Did we not make it this far without the fucking internet and gadgetry?

I know it's (((Jill Stein)) but she has a point.

this. overstimulation from such a young age will completely impair imagination, it'll turn people into mindless robots.

Teacher here.

Let me shed some light.

Lots of states have been under pressure to change the rules on the way they give funds to schools.

Rather than allotting money towards computers, many states let schools use textbook funds towards computers. The people making decisions in most schools are horribly tech-illiterate, though. They can only follow memes.

And most schools can't just purchase things. They need like, a vendor organization. With sales pitches.

This has created a massive privatization boom that has everyone shilling their terrible products to schools, while other schools are buying ipads in bulk only to not know how to implement them.

The end result is that schools are wasting tax dollars on easily broken low-productivity devices that end up shelved and in closets within a year, or instead of buying textbooks which can last for more than a decade, are getting locked into online curriculum resource subscription plans.

I served on my school's tech committee for five years, but as one voice I was unable to have much effect. When the school wanted to purchase devices for students? First they trialed ipads in the junior high. Shelved within a year. I suggested chromebooks. Then they bought several thousand dollar's worth of android tablets in shitty plastic cases with a proprietary locking mechanism that requires a subscription fee, but is trivial for students to circumvent to do non-productive things with. Then they broke and started filling up closets.

Meanwhile, my school has very few textbooks(I convinced them to buy science books, thank god).

And my engineering computer lab is out of compliance with my fucking program and falling apart because I keep having to explain to people that no, Autodesk Inventor and Multisim won't run on a fucking ipad.

I have a lot of toddlers in my family (8 cousins all 30+ with at least 2 kids each) and most of them are allowed to watch youtube on their parents cell phones and tablets constantly. They are addicted to them, if you take them away they get horrible temper tantrums and when a phone/tablet is absent, they aren't interested in doing regular toddler shit (playing, nearly killing themselves, etc.)

Based Mama Jill! Truly ahead of her time. Some day we'll be putting her on our currency.

>Greens are nuts

News at 11

Of course, but I did fine with books and the benefits of working harder with a pen and paper outwiegha the (((convenience))) from a computer.

Furthest it should go is I.T class. Having a tablet just once again separated White kids from each other and from reality as well.

You don't learn to drive either, nor to swim nor a billion other things you do daily. Why screen stuff?

>t. shill faggot

boomers have to be the worst generation to ever walk the earth

Dear god, it sounds like a nightmare, I never understood why schools and business are so infatuated with Apple's shitty products.

Have fun with your ADHD horde in 4 years.

>considers Bernie Sanders an imperialist tool and a borderline racist
seems spot on

>Jill Stein wants to ban Wi-Fi and screens from schools.

I'm all for that. It causes brain damage, which is apparent by impression I get off this site.

The wireless signal pollution shit is dumb, but I agree kids shouldn't be learning from tablets at school.

Seems like a recipe for extreme ADD in adults.

Also

>So far left he considers Bernie Sanders a racist.

I heard this from Clinton supporters the whole primary season, so I don't think this is an outrageous position.

My experience with technology at school
>lets buy a smart boards for 3k euro each
>30000 euros later
>oops a normal chalk board is faster and easier to use for 80% of the assignatures

I know at least 3 schools in my city who wasted on money on retarded tech trends. There is nothing wrong with learning from books.
I study computer science and I get frustrated that I can't use books to study, I lose focus much easier when I study on my laptop since fagbook and Sup Forums are one click away.

>he considers Bernie Sanders an imperialist tool and a borderline racist
He's right. Sanders talks a lot of bullshit but votes 100% neocon. If it squaks like a neocon and waddles like a neocon then it's a neocon.

So many typo's, I forgot to proof read. Sorry.

It's because Apple spent a lot of time gaining their trust in the 1980's.

I don't think you understand just how big a thing Apple was, and the kinds of insane discounts they give schools.

Dell and HP do it, too.

Most schools prefer PCs, as does mine, but the kinds of people who end up making decisions on this are really susceptible to memes because they are insulated from both technology and the classroom, and instead just have sensationalist periodicals and workshops, both of which are basically advertisements.

Most schools don't have the infrastructure or staff to police student device use.

Most students can't be trusted to use technology responsibly.

Hell, at my school we have a problem where in the junior high students throw their trash INSIDE the computers, stuffing bags of chips in the CD-ROM drives, and in the high school, we caught three assholes taking parts out of computers when nobody was looking just because they could.

When done properly technology is transformative. Smartboards are incredible. My first year teaching, I had a laptop with a stylus and a smartboard and I -LOVED- it. The kids love it, too, if you use it wisely. But those solutions are still expensive and require training.

There is no magical drag-and-drop solution. Unfortunately, school administrators think there are, and want just that.

Administration is full of lazy assholes who have met the bare minimum of classroom hours necessary for their degrees, who just want to soak up money from schools before moving on to ruin the next.

>I wanted to give these guys a shot, but they're fucking crazy.

Nice try, CTR. 51% of Bernie supporters are committed to #NeverHillary. They'll go Stein, for the most part. Your damage control can't stop it.

she has a point about it being a corporate ruse. computers in the classroom was a 90's initiative that continued into the new millenium.

fun fact only the generations that didnt use the computers on a daily basis did better than the previous generation. that ends in 2001

while you state level government was spending money on lap tops for middle-highschool kids they found most of the time they played browser based games and didnt do class work on them.

all so apple could get some corporate welfare and offload shitty mac book airs. standardized test scores fell and the rebound is so little th pinnacle of american education is still reflected in the graduating class of 2000

schools resorted to pumping up grades past 4.0 (straight A's) gpa maxes with "effort" and arbitrarily by california

>smart boards
The professors at my university never use anything on a smartboard that a regular projector can't do.
And yet they seem to keep buying them.

>stuffing bags of chips in the CD-ROM drives
That's bullshit, but I believe it

Yeah I fucking hate the smart board meme. It was frustrating to watch them waste time trying to use some nifty feature that doesn't really add anything to the lesson.

Which votes are those? Like not going to aipac?

>every green party is retarded
oh rly? print a special newspaper about it, no one knows about that.
they maybe love kids a little too much and do too many drugs, let's research on that!
so many things to reveal that nobody knows!

One of my teachers loved using a white board and the next year was forced to use the smart board. She was able to do the same exact thing with the smart board, nothing changed except an expensive medium

>Identifies as a Johnson man
>Wanted to give Jill Stein a chance
Kys. You're diluting the libertarian party even more.

School probably bought them in a package deal.

That being said, they work okay in the lower levels.

My mom does curriculum training for federal preschools and a lot of the stuff she used to do with laminated forms and the like for teaching basic association and vocabulary concepts were easily translated over to the smartboard with my help. And those are tried-and-true teaching techniques.
I didn't want to believe it, either. I even asked my one JH engineering class about it, and they confirmed. I was pretty disgusted. They ended up closing the JH computer lab the second semester because of it(We only had a part-timer in there watching them, and that probably contributed to it. Goddamn cheapass school admins probably just hired a nephew or niece.)

Maybe you should read an actual book on childhood development.

My school did the same thing. The SmartBoards were used as really expensive white walls to project things on.

Green parties are often retarded and have more often the worst environmental policies. The swedish green party had a mayor scandal with radical islamists and terror supporters. I think it was the green party in germany that promoted pedophila. They or often people with a messiah complex or nutjobs in one way or another.

CANNOT HAVE THE KIDS IN SCHOOLS LOOKING UP FACTUAL INFORMATION

Three. Clinton, Johnson, and Stein are all viable.

>"STOP USING COMPUTERS", he posted on Sup Forums.

Patriot Act was a neocon project; Sanders voted against it.

WHAT IF THEY LOOK AT THE SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS OF THE HOLOHOAX AND CONCLUDE IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

>taking away educational tools from students is a Crime last I checked.

Kids back when I was in school never scrapped the computers for parts, the worst I remember was the little mouseballs would be played with, and we would send stupid shit to the printers and fuck around on newgrounds. Yeah these kids are practically raised on computers, next to impossible for a teacher to be at least as competent as them regarding security. Sounds like you might be in an inner city school. Yeah I realize apple was very big in the old days. Ours were still using 95 well into the 2000's.

>goes
>implying the Green Party has ever been ever remotely sane

it's not "wi-fi causes cancer," but rather "google has the public schools by the balls" and "kids get distracted by them"

>my feet feel fine

It's astonishing that the world manages to keep running if one imagines every other system in society being run with similar competency.

I was just finishing sixth form when my school got a bunch of ipads, one each to be owned and used by every kid in the school. Luckily I didn't have to get tangled up in that but I believe the younger kids were made to purchase an ipad from the school with some spiel about how it'd help with learning and that the ipad+software it came with was slightly cheaper than retail price. I can't possibly imagine a classroom full of ipads being anything but a hindrance if they are even put to use at all. I didn't get a chance to see how they might be used in classrooms but outside of classrooms all I ever saw was the kids playing games on them at lunch time.

It's unbelievable that we have to endure a system where career-men impose huge money investments into useless technology for schools in the place of useful and necessary resources so they can tick some boxes and up their salary without any regard for the impact it might have on the functioning of schools and the education of thousands of kids.

>wanted to give these guys a shot, but they're fucking crazy. Jill Stein wants to ban Wi-Fi and screens from schools.

STEM here, I totally agree. Not because of electromagnetic radiation, but because it doesn't help develop brains, thinking, logic, speaking, reasoning, or other skills. Its just a distraction.

And by the way, a huge driver of costs. Schools always want to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and it never helps. Back when computers weren't so ubiquitous it made sense. Now, people need a fucking break. Seriously. People need to be educated in how to think. That means concentration and brain exercises. Reading, writing, speaking, thinking. No computers.

Green party = fucking retarded luddite hippies who are too stupid to even understand what policies are actually good for the environment

I'm constantly amazed how humanity achieved so much prior to computers. People spent time thinking, conversing, having actual relationships, making out and fucking. We made stuff. We figured shit out.

Today? Powerpoint up your ass. Muh cellphone. Graduates who can't think and know nothing.

>Green party goes full retard
Water is wet

My local school got gov grants and just spent it on touch screens and shit.

Its a waste of money.

You're dead right. Computers are useful in school for IT class, a bit of google research now and again, and for the odd homework assignment (e.g. writing a long essay is much more convenient on a computer than reverting to typewriter or handwriting). All of this can be done on out of date, cost effective computers perfectly well. Generally speaking education be done better by pen and paper, discussion, books, demonstration, exercises etc than by stupid interactive games or online quizzes that either don't teach the kids anything or just present information and tests on a bright screen instead of on a sheet of paper.

The sensible thing to do would be to give the teachers the final say on how money is invested into their classroom given that they might have a better idea of what it needs and what would be most useful than some suited administrator with no hands on involvement in education. But the companies want to make money and the fat cats want to advance their career so its the schools, the teachers, the kids, in a word the people who have to take the bill for them.