i2.wp.com/newsmap.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Bitwa-o-Aleppo-5-VIII-2016.png
>Manbij Aug 5
i.imgur.com/bK9Z1VV.png
>Darayya Aug 5
i.imgur.com/ZYrCX1N.jpg

>SouthFront
youtu.be/SYUV9zZI6xQ

>DEVELOPMENTS AUGUST 5
>S.Aleppo phase 1232345 - rebels gain some ground in Ramousah but are repelled eventually - offensive failed
>Handarat camp ongoing battles
>Darayya gains reported - a western part of the pocket gained by Republican Guard&SAA&NDF
>LATAKIA clashes near Shillif castle/hill as Desert Hawks/Marines/NDF attempt to get fire control over Kinsabba

LAST THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/maytham956/status/762043829361016832
strawpoll.me/10931650
youtube.com/watch?v=RpI3VLIvdTQ
twitter.com/afp/status/761925836643700736
youtube.com/watch?v=-Mg6cad21cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Russia will bomb the shit out of that corridor tbqh

People are just shitposting and not thinking about this. The KIA would be big for jihadist

They're going to blow a bunch of empty fields up.

I hope so, but I doubt they will be able to without the risk of missing and bombing SAA positions, it's not exactly the widest and easiest thing to hit considering it is quite narrow.

The breaking of the siege is just a propaganda victory for the rebels. They will not be able to get anything into Aleppo through that narrow corridor.

To what avail?

They have a wider supply corridor than SAA and they have several roads in and out. The SAA has been pushed north of highway 5 and south and east of railroad tracks.

>don't check /sg/ for 2 days

What the fuck man...

here on /sg/ it is infested with psychotic Assadists and taqiyah loving rafidah fanboys who dick ride every single totalitarian regime and authoritarian dictator out there. It is just great seeing all you putinbot shills and SEA faggets crying over the Sunnis kicking the Baathist scum's shit in. This is just the beginning. Bring on the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans and even more Persian bitches the ahl al-Sunah will never give up no matter how much intel the bitch ass state department gives Assad or how many airstrikes the Russian cowards deliver.

ASSad will lose because the people do NOT support him. He oprders their homes to bhe barrel bombed and has firing squads for any even slight suspected of not supoporting him.

You all say he is based but yuou dont know anything, I have see nit with my own eyes

Agreed with the Shillary point. Her posturing is most likely to appease donors. Can't see her actually escalating with Russia for GCC and AKP interests.

Then again, no one would really have predicted W Bush using 9/11 to drum up support for a disastrous war in Iraq, or Obama overthrowing Gaddafi on a very faulty R2P argument.

>After losing more than 1000+ jihadist and 50+ mechanic units, we liberate East Aleppo from the siege-
>Mehmet! RuAF is coming
>THIS ISN'T WHAT I PLANNED!

Russia isn't going to bomb anything, that would go against the ceasefire Putin enforced.

Austrian posting little girls. Fuck off dude, she isn't for your dungeon.

this whole attack doesn't look like ceasefire either tho

what a cutie, would adopt

:(

Can it be, because of the explosion that blew the ring out?

Who are burgers supposed to be supporting?

Aren't the rebels Islamists, just more moderate than ISIS?

Is Assad really that bad? At least he's secular right?

argue against assad

>omg gotta mention them evil barrels

This coupled with the fact that the SAA supply route up north is pretty much a dirt road where trucks get stuck, flat and under constant rebel artillery fire means that both sides of Aleppo are pretty much starving.

Congrats SAA and FSA. You both won surprising victories and everyone still loses.

That's why Assadist's body must be dragged through the aleppo streets

They got shit through when the road was practically touching Kurdish/SAA positions. They do not wear uniforms and carry shit in their backpacks

This guy is right, none of the Syrians in Langley or Golders Green support Assad at all.

Go to sleep, Kerry!
But before you go, post some pictures of your trip to Syria with Hillary.

We would have said it was impossible to break that siege just a couple days ago
Not even sure what to think now

It's not quite that simple. Assad has a ton of supporters. Just because some are against him doesn't mean everyone in Syria is against him. I'd say more people are with him than against him and he even can afford some fuck ups since the "moderate" rebels like to act like fuckheads too, whipping and killing people etc.

>responding to someone who just wants (You)s

That is the entire fuckign point of this offensive, the rebels knew they couldn't hold on to Mallah farms with the RuAF above them in a bunch of open fields, they knew they would eventually lose those farms and Castello road with them, so they planned an attack on Rasmouh because here they can fight much better when they have many buildings to take cover in.

True. But in Iraq and Libya weren't backed up by what has become a rival military superpower. In order to accomplish anything in Syria means clearing out the Russian Military there and since there is no one competent enough out of the rebels, Kurds, ISIS, or what have you, it would mean the West would have to knowingly and openly spill Russian blood and that can only end in disastrous consequences even if the West and the US manage to accomplish their goal of getting rid of Assad.

It's worse than that, they've got the whole of Ramouseh district. The SAA got BTFO pretty much. Embarrassing desu.

>russian homoairforce
>will bomb the shit out
and why didnt they do that before?

twitter.com/maytham956/status/762043829361016832

Now this is a counter-messure, i glad the fall back to the city.

>bomb coridor
>so SAA terrorists can't reach the REBELS
>profit

Quick poll concerning Sup Forums and reddit:
strawpoll.me/10931650

He's the lesser of two evils from a Western perspective.

He's still a psychopath though and I don't think anyone would shed a tear if al-Qaeda suicide bombed his limo tomorrow.

Is something happening?

Everyone throwing the word "incompetent" as though the Syrians are made up of ex special forces.
The SAA is poor and exhausted to the bone.
Everyone predicted their collapse in 2013 and they to this day they didn't just stay standing they reversed the entire conflict.

If anything, the SAA is the most competent arab army

ye, but he likes Russia more than the US, so he has to be replaced by an US-backed religious fundamentalist dictatorship obviously, because muh democracy

Have you guys seen the video fo the storm ing of the artillery base? Pretty shameful display from the SAA. No one manning the perimeter, rebels charge through a hole in the fence and start grenading them in the buildings.

youtube.com/watch?v=RpI3VLIvdTQ

twitter.com/afp/status/761925836643700736

An estimate of all the dead, on BOTH sides.

i don't get what you're asking for

SAA sucks
as usual

I'm not sure where all the shit-posting is coming from, but official map from the Russian-MOD.

Also, stop posting shitty info from vague sources.

Your government wants you to support the rebels. People like Trump and us support Assad.

Yes Assad is secular and the overwhelming majority of Syrians who are also secular and who weren't cowards and left their country love him.

They left the country.
Their arguments are invalid.

oh, there's more little girls in case you were wondering:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Mg6cad21cg

Because the Russian MoD is a non-involved neutral observer, sure

The perimeter was attacked and assaulted by multiple suicide trucks.

Enough explosive power to flip a tank.

Because they're shit allies. Fair-weather friends. Syria loses tens of thousands of men, but as soon as Russia loses one helicopter they won't provide CAS. Also playing political games with the US over the conflict.

I think you are underestimating the ability of US to increase supply of weapons to rebels. The rebel line in Latakia is 42 kilometers from the RuAF airbase and there are 122mm Grad rockets with 42km and 45km range. Add to that new top down attack Tows. US can make Russians bleed without significantly increasing its support.

The Russians are lying as usual.

They've got the artillery base, Ramouseh and the cement factory in al-Ma'amel.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather Assad than some non-religious rebel group.

Thanks for filling a /sg/ noob in.

Fuck off Mykola
And the non involved neutral observer could make a better map despite the information edge that the Russian MoD has? Sure.

Outdated map friendo

using children for political gain is low
for all we know her father was a rebel or probably is filming her right now

i'm pretty sure miladvisor isn't the russian mod and that the russian mod doesn't make fancy maps with green and red colors.

i doubt it's from the russian MoD. But they would be a better source than some random twitter account

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

It's not just battle fatigue, the rebels have been fighting just as long.

It is designed to be shit. This is how dictators don't get overthrown, they set up the country's military in such a way that there are only a few elite, well-funded, and (most importantly) loyal units, the rest of the army is set up to be poorly equipped and incompetent so that it is very difficult for them to organize a coup.

I know, I saw the drone footage. They had clear sightlines though, they could see them coming. Why the hell couldn't they stop them. It's like Tabqah all over again.

NIGGER WHAT

@miladvisor is NOT an official source

Unless Russia sends helicopters they will not be able to close that passage. Russian/Syrian airs trikes aren't accurate enough. Russia doesn't have enough smart bombs and the ones they do have are hella expensive and are not all that accurate.

if you're a US soldier in some shitty desert county and there is no QRF ready you're shit out of luck if you want helicopter CAS

Where is option: I went there few times by clicking random links posted on Sup Forums, but I don't use reddit.
Clicked no/never

There are photos online of the 1070 apartments, Air Force Technical College, and the roundabout completely under rebel control. Also some video suggests there are clashes deep into Ramouseh industrial district, but that's harder to confirm.

The area surrounding Hmeymim was cleared out by Russian forces first and foremost. Apart from Tartus Naval base, it is the most fortified place in Syria. They aren't going to give the rebels an inch.

Kek, what is this from?

W-was that a FOAB?
Oh, no, wait, is just a guy with sunglasses.

I think that the SAA should definitely bomb the shit out of that place, then storm it and then reinforce everything. It would be a good thing to drop leaflets to tell civilians to stay clear.

If the Hohol map is to be believed, they have the airforce college as well now.

Except you know the rebels have been fighting just as hard and they still manage to pull off impressive offensives without an air force or Russian intelligence.

interview''''surrendered rebels'''''

STAP using kids!!!!!
delete this

Here they are at the Mig monument. That is the Airforce technical college, north of the artillery base.

Kek, links to both videos if possible?

>He has a white beard, it must obviously be him

on a side note, why are turkish soldiers such pussies

you dont understand how conflict works

If it makes anyone feel better, ISIS is contained to a small part of a west end neighbourhood in Manbij. A little longer and they'll be gone - then it's on to Jarabulus.

You don't need "smart bombs" for CAS

Dude, the line doesn't have to move. All that needs to happen is for US to supply the rebels with some Egyptian sakr-45B fragmentation high explosive Grad rockets and the rebels can hit the base from their current position.

>Because the Russian MoD is a non-involved neutral observer, sure
I think they prefer giving information as accurate as possible.
They don't need to sell the war to the Russian people.
They are trying to sell the war to the World(boosts military sells/ego).

You guys sounds like a bunch proxy Turks/kHohols.

It was posted 5~ hours ago

It was in their Russian MOD tweeter account. It's something easily consumed by the public.

No dipshit, /SG/ has been getting retarded shit posts since yesterday. I've been in /SG/ since the war began.
"Assad is finished" - 2013 Obama administration.

SAA barely had any land in Aleppo-2013 and even when "road got cut off" there was a retake.
I'm not particularly sure what you guys are so "happy" or shitposting about.

It's the ISIS has taken Deir-Azzor bullshit all over again.

So far from comparing both sources it looks like the SAA holds the artillery college almost entirely, towards the south the rebels have gotten into Ramouseh and have met their besieged fights but there is no corrider safe for a convey to go inside. Its still a firefight, but the rebels have technically broke the siege for now

>Fuck off Mykola
no you
I'm Russian actually but you cant deny the fact that SAA sucks again
RuAF also sucks
that's pathetic it cant provide any air support due to absence of proper military intelligence

There are a dozens of photos proving that the Russian map is wrong.

>pussy
I'm going to join the army next year
>meanwhile neckbeard aussie still shitposting

They have the artillery college, hell we have pics of them at the MiG monument in the Airforce college north of the artillery base.

Have you not seen the videos where Jaish al Fateh storms the base? Lot of dead SAA and captured artillery. No evidence so far they've lost their gains.

I think that this increasing support to rebels will be the first step. It will happen in January if Hillary wins. She won't get the military to enforce an NFZ right away.

She'll use this support to make Russia to make some concessions. Maybe in Ukraine, maybe in the Baltics. Maybe she'll even get Russia to withdraw from Syria altogether. But I don't think that she'll escalate in a major way until 2018 at least.

I hope that the establishment is smart enough to realize that the USA can't maintain it's current stance towards Russia and secularists in the Middle East. It will end up eliminating all American influence in the area, except in affairs pertaining to Israel.

Attacking through the centre is an ultimate meat grinder that will cost a couple thousand casualties that the SAA cannot afford

Pic is Aleppo in 2013. The SAA reversed most of these before any adequate foreign assistance. The rebels need to do far more to change the tide

Twatter chatter says they're now attacking north.

If they have the troops that push could work, but I doubt it.

SAA have airforse abd Russian intelligence. Beheaders have kamikaze and CIA intelligence. I'd say they even.

The amount of shilling is absurd

Looks like it's really the mother of all batlles in the syrian conflict

GOOD LUCK BASED ASSAD
GOOD LUCK BASED PUTIN

why doesn't russia/assad just carpet bomb the complex these muzzies have claimed?

Good. Only took them all of summer to do so.
Egypt has too many ties with Russia. They aren't going to give any side anything. Plus Hmeymim as been under rocket fire before and everything was fine.
We have a proper Ukrop shitposting under a Russian flag. I thought you were him. No one disagrees that the SAA sucks but the VKS sure as hell doesn't. The VKS has been hitting the Rebel supply lines and providing airstrikes all across the country. They are largely the force that is responsible for holding down the frontlines despite having a limited role on the ground.
Russia isn't backing down to anyone anymore at this point. Shillary will never be able to force them to do anything unless she wants US servicemen coming home in bodybags.

This is before ISIS fucked the rebel positions from behind tho.

Link to the video?

Does Russia even HAVE planes like B52s that COULD carpet bomb?

Alright reading the reports, the SAA has given up on the colleges and Ramouseh district. Which means that rebels can get into eastern Aleppo, but the SAA has eyes on the corridor, so movement through it will not be easy.

The SAA has fallen back to a new defensive line and is preparing for a counter attack I suspect. There is no point in throwing bodies and equipment away in a static defence, elastic defence is where it's at yo.

Also the 1070 apartments are still under SAA hands, just not the buildings that are under construction, so the SAA has a threatening bulge on the corridor. Expect the Nusrats to focus their attacks here next.

Further reports indicate that an absolute swarm of air power is in the Aleppo area and the ground is shaking with the attacks. After like 5 days, I suspect the the rebs ran out of tires to burn, so they can't make an effective smoke cover like on the early days.

The Castello road is still in SAA hands and so soldiers in West Aleppo can still be supplied, supply lines are just longer now.

Because this is central Aleppo.

You need more manpower than the SAA has to pull off that Stalingrad.

Do you think Shillary could sell the public a limited ground engagement of US soldiers in Syria?