Who would win?

Who would win?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9jFfOUvIxWc?t=65
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finn has more experience but steven is not only more powerful but has a pretty OP defense.

>Steven doesn't get help from other Gems or Connie
>Finn doesn't get help from Jake
Finn curbstomps the little shit. He's used to fighting enemies with magical bullshit powers. Besides, what's Steven gonna do to him? Shieldbash him to death? Best he can do is bubble himself and attempt to wait it out, but Finn would find a way to break it soon enough.

>Steven gets help from the Gems and/or Connie, Finn gets Jake
The Crystal Gems and Connie murder the shit out of both of them while Steven runs support.

Been a while since I watched A, but I'm going to assume

Natural abilities only: Steven (I'm counting the shield)

With Weapons: Finn

Steven has way better plot armor in his show, and way better established abilities. Most likely he could just talk Finn down anyway.

I don't know what Finn is capable of nowadays but I'm sure he could slip Steven's shit in core combat.
Steven would bubble himself and reason with him or wait for one his gem/human friends to fight for him.

Theoretically, I think Steven's stronger and more versatile. I don't think he'd be aggressive enough to actually win, though.

jake is actually super fucking competent but is too lazy to use his full potential
if its a death battle and jake is aware of it CG's are fucked

Death Battle rules would make them both ready to kill I think. It's not like Finn would have it in him to kill Steven in normal conditions either. The guy couldn't even crush a neutral ant.

Stevens real strength is his ability to talk his enemies down, he could easily bubble himself for the time fin wants to fight, then just talk to fin while he desperately tries to get in
They'd sit there and chat, probably become friends
then steven would unbubble himself and bam he "won" the fight
Basically, steven would "win" by not winning.

Finn that cursed plant blade is OP as fuck.

Couldn't really work. The entire point of Steven's character is NOT fighting, instead by talking and listening he gains allies.

This
I think in the comics it shows it better

>Finn + Jake VS Steven and Connie (or Steven and Gems)
Depends on how OP and competent they feel like making Jake for the encounter.

Just Finn VS Steven
At the moment either Finn or a draw (this just being if Finn doesn't have an answer to bubble shield). Steven has crazy defense and some other powers but he is still figuring them out. Finn may have magic weapons and is way more experienced (he's also pretty damn strong isn't he? Like he lifted some abomination in Dad's Dungeon right?)

Steven has higher potential, Finn has better experience.

Steven might fend Finn off with his abilities for a bit, especially if Finn's slacking off per usual and underestimates Steven, but once Finn gets serious Steven doesn't stand a chance.

Lincoln Loud would kick both their pansy asses, then he would fuck Connie and PB right in front of them while making them watch.

>cuck house

This is the correct answer.

Alright, now who wins pic related.

This. I bet it can pop the bubble and Steven can't hold the shield for too long.

Even as a bigger SU fan, Finn has it in the bag. Steven is only semi competent with his powers now and his arent offense oriented generally. The only way Steven would win is with "muh prep time" so he could make a plant army, and still- finn would probably win. The trouble further is that Stevens main ability is instapassing every charisma check all the time, and in a death battle- that doesnt apply.
Also Finn is a deity that reincarnates itself Vishnu style, and he rarely loses.
End series Aang vs Finn is a better MC fight

You have to be shitposting. No one could be this much of a faggot. And i'm a person who likes TLH.

also
>A teen with a lot of swords and a magical dog
>A kid with a shield, being able to bubble himself and a powerful trio
>vs
>a unarmed kid

Yeah, linc will totally destroy them.

Finn will win in a cuck competition, Steven will win in a crying competition.

> deformed kid whit excellent fighting skills who vs fat fruity transexual abomination
fin wins becouse the other it is a pussy

It is shitposting you hopeless newfag. You don't reply seriously to shitposting when it's this obvious.

Finn. Steven's powers are only really defense oriented, and he hasn't even mastered them. Finn's fucking deadly as hell.

>newfag
I knew he was shitposting. Just giving him what he wants.

Finn wouldn't fight Steven, hes all about honour and defending the innocent and Steven is innocence personified

They'd probably just bro out, but if it came down to it Finn would probably off himself before he harmed someone like Steven

>84406913
>84406967
>84407089
>it's shitposting because someone injected a fun and alternate opinion to an otherwise shitty pissing contest thread

Wow, I forgot how sensitive both of those fandoms were.

I thought it would be an interesting idea since Lincoln grows up in a house being roughed up daily by his psychotic sisters. He's probably got calluses on his calluses. It would be like Goku stepping out of training in 200x gravity, and Finn/Steven would be Jeice and Burta.

Thanks for the (You)s though, sorry I can't return the favor.

Then why didn't you say that in the first place?

But just saying something like that, you should have know that people are gonna react like that, faggot.

Aang wins by landing on a pointy rock

Better question is which wins more matchups: the Avatar Cycle or the Finn Cycle?

This is Death Battle Rules, faggots. No talking down and bro'ing it out.

You're Kancer with a Kapital K.

The Avatar cycle obviously, all of them have powers while most of Finn's reincarnations are harmless things.

Lincoln would smack both of them with his alpha 300 mile cock made for wincest haha

Finn for one reason
STEVEN
DOESN'T
FIGHT
Steven has only fought like twice on his own (Centapeedle, and something else). It's usually the crystal gems who do the defeating. Steven is usually just the defender and morale support
Finn actually fights.

The general projection seems to be Steven gaining a lot more skill/powers while Finn kind of stays at the same level fighting wise, so in the future Stevie will probably be badass enough to kick Finn's ass, but as of right now I'm still thinking Finn.

Steven's support and he can't do much without any teammates to back up. Finn's entire thing is how powerfully offensive he is. Finn vs Steven will probably be a stalemate for a while but one of them will run out of energy first, and I think Steven's mix of not having the best grasp on his powers all the time and Finn canonically being a bottomless reserve of energy will win it for him.

Lincon's sisters would flock to Finn faster than seagulls to fish in Finding Nemo.

He'd dunk his Pure Aryan thicc hero cock inside Lori and kill her before going straight into Leni and put Lincon's Log to shame.

Fins an expirenced adventurer and dungeon delver he will slaughter steven

>End series Aang vs Finn is a better MC fight
Uh, Finn's a dude with a sword and plucky determination, Aang is a demigod with all the past demigod's person's wisdom at his disposal with near mastery of 4 elemental fighting techniques.

Plot armor aside Finn might last like thirty seconds as long as they're both legit out for blood. Finn vs Aang as the start of the series would be better and even then Aang might win with his novice's knowledge of air bending.

Nobody would win.

Finn couldn't even squish a true neutral ant let alone anyone 'good'. Steven wouldn't harm a rock, nevermind the idea of killing another human bean.

>Giffany can shut down Krieger's Waifu
>Soos gets shot by Krieger
>Krieger can hack Giffany but it takes a while
>But she can hack his lab to have every robot he has made against him
>Krieger gets BTFO
>It ends with the stupid planet of the apes quote that stopped being funny when they used more than twice

Once again proving that 2D > 3D

Yeah I feel like this is kind of Superman vs Batman scenario. People would go to pretend a skillfull human who wins solely because of plot armor, can defeat a skillfull demigod simply by preptime

I dunno. The show's made a point of nerfing him pretty hard as of the last 3 seasons. In Dad's Dungeon he lifted a fucking huge ass monster over his head and into a pit with only a sword like said. In Stakes he threw a tree and was immediately pooped despite being older and theoretically much more faster, stronger and having much more stamina.

Finn might actually lose this one if we incorporate him getting his ass beat by bees, some rouge thief princess, a robot that only shoots cannonballs and other stuff I'm probably missing. And since Steven is a talker, he could talk Finn down mentally with his past romantic relationships and go in for the kill.

That's all put aside for the purpose of these proposed "death battles."

>Steven is a talker, he could talk Finn down mentally with his past romantic relationships and go in for the kill.
Bullshit, Steven isn't mean enough to do something like that, even in a death match.

I'm pretty sure that's ignored for this stuff
Steven has nowhere near the combat expirence of Finn

Fin also knows fancy ice ninja magic

I mostly attribute that stuff to just lazy writing that needs to quickly move plots along and stuff. I guess that is cheating since I'm not going 100% by what the show's said but you gotta put common sense into it at some point I think.

It's like, Pearl got defeated by ketchup in one episode of SU, but I'm not gonna go ahead and say that she can be defeated by that consistently just because it was in one episode. You gotta kind of go by what the show meaningfully says and the impression I get from all those incidents of Finn jobbing wasn't that his hero skills are degenerating and stuff.

Nice fanfiction. Finn is canonically a nu-male beta cuck.

When you say pooped do you mean that episode where he said "pooped" like four times in the really throaghty and exhausted manor? I think he was just being lazy that day. When he gets pumped he just fights for as long as it holds his interest. Like that infinite train of bad guys

Yeah that is a problem adventure time has Finn is just to powerful

Literally none of that matters in the Death Battle set up at least none of it should, fucking Joker vs Needles.
In a death battle that is the only win condition, the opponents death. The only change to either character is their hesitation with killing their opponent, any of which is removed. This will not make Steve-O any more aggressive or competent than normal.

>I think he was just being lazy that day.
Finn's always pumped for bad guys that are stronger than him or ones that threaten his loved ones. Though, it was Marceline's miniseries, so he had to look retarded and weak.

Finn >>>>> POWERGAP >>>> Dogshit >>>>>> Lincon's Log >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brad

tl;dr
Steven refuses to fight and has his shield and bubble up as he talks while Finn tries to break his defenses down. Eventually they stop fighting and go to beach city for a fucking hot dog.

Funny thing about 1 on 1 duels with one who fights with a weapon compared to one who fights with a shield.
Defense always wins.
Shields were naturally made to block weapons and projectiles, the fight was "Won" before it even began, but the real kicker here is what said. Steven doesn't like to fight, but there are times where he just REFUSES to fight, and he makes damn well sure of that. His shield is OP as fuck and the bubble shield is strong as fuck, but not unbreakable. Finn would still have a tough time popping that son of a bitch, but still, that Shield is Captain America levels of bullshit unbreakable and he'd have an earful of Steven talking to him for the entire time he's wailing on him.

What part of DEATH BATTLE do you not understand.

Also, all Finn'd have to do is wait until Steven tires himself out before he goes to town on the fat fucker. And who knows? He might just try and damage Steven from the inside by rolling the ball around and making him smack the sides of it.

>The only change to either character is their hesitation with killing their opponent, any of which is removed.
Then Finn's greatest leg up on Steven is removed, because without Steven's usual pacifist tendencies, his innate powers mash Finn easily. He's much more physically strong, and resistant to injury, with many regenerative and protective abilities. Finn is an experienced fighter, but he gets his bacon saved by his OP transforming dog plenty.

As a huge fan of both shows ', I can say with absolute certainty that Finn would win. Steven is a lover, not a fighter, most conflicts he resolves are without violence.

what are finn's current powers and abilities? I stopped watching after one of those "art" episodes.

>>>Steven tells fin about his GF
>>Finn dies

>tl;dr
>proceeds to post a 900 characters reply

>Finn would still have a tough time popping that son of a bitch
He would if he didn't have the Grass Sword of Bullshit with the ability to appear conveniently when a plot needs to be solved and cut through almost anything. Besides it seems you're forgetting Steven can't keep his shield up for long periods of time.

honestly not much aside from very high agility, strength, and energy. also has a ridiculous tolerance to pain. that and he's been fighting and killing monsters since he was like 11 years old.
people may try to spin his almost always absent thorn thing or reincarnation bullshit into bigger deals but they're practically irrelevant.

>He's much more physically strong
>Steven is stronger than Finn
I don't think so, user.

Since he was a baby. His hat is made from a skinned evil white bear.

Because it was neutral.

>People saying Steven would body Finn
It's fucking Flash vs Quicksilver. And Finn is The Flash.

That's not the case. They are in a death battle.

>and resistant to injury,
I've seen the clues for Steven being strong, but where was he shown to be resistant to injury?

Even Pearl can be kebab'd by a normal sword anyway, so I'm not sure if that even matters here

Steven and Finn are both stronger than an average kid their age would be but I think Finn has Steven beat in that regard. Finn pulls off near superhuman feats of strength fairly often while the most impressive thing I can recall Steven doing is ripping that arcade machine off its pedestal.
There may be things I'm forgetting though, and maybe it will be revealed that Steven can use his gem to give him super strength or some shit.

Steven is more powerful in every regard but he doesn't have that murderous drive that Finn does. I'm going with Finn. Steven would find it difficult to hurt anyone but Finn would maim himself just to win.

The only "regard" Steven is better than Finn in is using magic.

And dating girls.

t. someone who has never fought with a weapon.

If there were a knife and a shield on a table and I had to take one and fight someone with what was left I would pick knife everytime. You're a complete joker,

>Steven is stronger than Finn
What are his feats that he accomplished without the grass sword? I don't remember anything THAT impressive for a normal human. Steven on the other hand does things like casually picking up a teenager and moving her aside without even thinking about it, and tossing a minifridge into a monster's head.

Steven is a more realistic child, which is why Finn would beat his ass in.

The real question is who wins: adult Steven vs adult Finn? Both with better control and ability.

and yes, Steven decides to age in this scenario.

Steven has super strength, super durability (maybe), and can jump good.

>implying Finn wouldn't tear that chubby boy from limb from limb.
Finn kills monsters, and does it infinitely until he dies. Have you ever seen "Dungeon Train,"? He would spend the rest of his life killing monsters spawning forever. Finn is almost impermeable to pain. He can withstand the heat from lava. You break Finn's legs and he say "whatever." Finn is ruthless in a combat situation, have you ever seen the epiosde where he was in a colosseum?

>Finn vs Aang as the start of the series would be better and even then Aang might win with his novice's knowledge of air bending.
Aang started the series as an airbending master. That's what the arrow tattoos signify.

>I've seen the clues for Steven being strong, but where was he shown to be resistant to injury?
In the lion episode, he fell off a cliff saying "catch me! I'll die! above a ledge that would have killed a normal kid, and didn't get hurt almost at all. In "Serious Steven" he fucking jumped out of an amusement park ride that was high in the air, and didn't seem to understand that that's not a thing someone can normally do and walk away from.

>Stevens greatest feats of strength are picking up a teenager without thinking, and throwing a fridge
Meanwhile Finn takes down monsters 5 times his size. Even in hand to hand combat Finn will come out on top, he doesn't need a grads sword, he already is an expert swordsman. Any blade would do.

>Finn pulls off near superhuman feats of strength fairly often
He does high-flying stunts, but he often has Jake to catch him. Unless I'm forgetting something.

If we're going for both of their projected versions of adult Finn and Steven I think Steven would have it in the bag.

I think Finn will just in general be a better version of young Finn, while Steven has a basically bottomless potential of new gem powers and tricks to unlock and learn. Plus he's practically immortal, so doesn't that let him have like millennia to get beefier?
And adult Steven would at some point learn how to kick ass by himself, which is basically young Finn's biggest advantage against young Steven.

I still think Finn>Steven at current ages but I can't see older Finn beating older Steven.

So you're abandoning the line of argument that Finn is stronger than Steven?

see and He fucking ripped the lich's head to shreds using a sweater. He's able to withstand a tremendous amount of physical and mind torture too from magical gnomes torturing him and the "FALL" scene from Escape From the Citidel.

Remember when he got the Demon Blood sword and he lifted that gigantic monster over his head and into the pit?

Even if Steven IS somehow stronger then Finn he doesn't have anywhere near the technique or experience to use it effectively

You could bludgeon with a shield while defending yourself in this hypothetical situation. I'd say you chose poorly. That said, Finn would still mop the floor with Steven. That midget any gonna get any leverage.

Yeah and Finn has all that and more. Dude dipped his head into a volcano once.

Also Steven gets tired running on the beach for five minutes

But even the title sequence says he has a lot to learn.

No

>This is the new Superman vs Batman nerdom

>I'd say you chose poorly
And again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

i always find these threads to be really comfy for some reason.

You kind of did though.

IF it is like that and we forgot characterization. ...

Steven could use his power to control magic plants to take over Finn's arm.

He use Finn own arm to attack him, and kill him with a Akira style mutation taking over his body.

youtu.be/9jFfOUvIxWc?t=65

Pretty sure that monster thing is heavier then a fridge

>and again
First time we've interacted in this thread, user.

Really hard to tell. We have no idea what Steven is capable of, both because we don't know the full extent of Rose's powers and how they affect Steven being half human

Finn would win and you want to know why?
Magic.
When SU first started we were led to believe that the CG's were in fact magical guardians of Earth and their powers were derived from mystic abilities.
However after Sugar went x-files on us we were told that all the gems powers come from sufficiently advanced science that appeared to be magical. The most though that we have been given in terms of science though is that the gems are holographic in nature and interact physically by some means of hard-light.
Now in AT magic is an actual thing and is consistently referred to as magic save for one instance where PB insists that "magic" is in fact scientific in nature and berates the wizards of Wizard City for practicing it without understanding it. In this same episode we see many wizards performing various spells and the like and PB briefly giving possible explanations of what is really behind it. Yet each of her explanations are extremely theoretical stuff and despite her stance she continues to call magic, magic admitting her inability to fully grasp it.
Thus we can infer that as much as Steven thought the gems relatively simple powers were magic, the gems would think AT's reality bending spells are magic.
Now how does this all tie into Finn bodying Steven?
>Uncle Grandpa.
In the crossover event UG takes the gems on a madness inducing ride using his cosmic powers and utterly btfo's thousand of years old warriors.
Finn's plot sword is cosmic in nature and not only would be in the hands of an experienced fighter but would be facing a defense heavy kid who has never tried to use his powers offensively.

All you need to do is parry a single bludgeoning strike or hook a shield to do get lethal or debilitating damage with a short blade.

I ignored it because I though it was bait. The answer is pretty simple No Steven is not stronger than Finn . But even if he was it would be irrelavent. Finn has pulled off that just as easily. He frequently holds women about his size, and does it without thinking. He can deroot trees. The reason being is that even IF we was stronger, it wouldn't mean everything. It's more about technique, Finn is an expert fighter, the physically strongest fighter isn't always the best one. That's like Fighting 101

Steven's got shields and is all defensive while also being very physically strong but if Finn were to cut him good I bet Steven would stand down from a serious injury.