So despite how good this is, it's never going to make it past 12 issues is it?

So despite how good this is, it's never going to make it past 12 issues is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-qtnALLtbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ranked #40 on the CMX bestseller list (versus Future Quest 2 ranked #22)
>middling reviews
>probably lower initial physical orders than Scooby Apocalypse or Future Quest #1

Fucking hell.

Russell and Pugh are too pure for this gay earth.

You can't know that. The regular Scooby Doo (not the current Apocalypse storyline) usually sell between 6-7000. But wasn't cancelled.

>it's good

Wait, what? Can someone give me a low-down how this managed to be an actual, decent comic?

i say it's that weird balance Life with Archie had; doing a real storyline while embracing the ridiculous shit that comes with the setting.

It's really good though. For this reason better not be biased against a book, before you read it.

It's gotten pretty high reviews as far as I've seen.

Though to be fair, comic book websites hardly have the best standards of review.

Read it yourself.
It takes the "Flintstones" setting and concepts and gives them more modern twists and themes. For example, when Wilma decides to take up painting, her artwork is featured in a local art gallery's exhibition where it becomes the victim of hipster critique; said hipsters vape from actual tree sticks.
Another twist is the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo being changed from a parody of veteran's associations and elder's lodges to being an actual war veteran's support group, helping each other cope with the atrocities they witnessed and committed.

It's a vicious satire of modern America and manages to balance pathos with hilarious black humor.

It's satire.

It's only major flaw is that they gave us a better concept for a story than what we got but we will probably never see it. Fucking Fred and Barny fighting in a war would be great to see

FLEENTSTONES?????

Seeing as how Russel is writing it probably wont make it past six issues.

-snif- I miss Prez

>Flintstones
>Meet...the Flintstones.
>They're the mobbish stone age family.
>From the villa of bedrock
>They're a page right out of Godfather 3

Top three episode, if not number one.

Anyone feel like storytiming this? I don't have the pages, I just hope some kind-hearted user would.

I saw people saying how it was dumb that it was modernized, but that's the fucking point. flintstones are a MODERN stone age family. so they would basically be our current society but with more rock puns

>it's never going to make it past 12 issues is it?

DC doesn't hold none DC Universe books to the same sales standards. It could go on for years even selling at 7k

>I saw people saying how it was dumb that it was modernized

So did I. People are fucking retarded I swear

>You better have a damn. Good explanation for this.

I mean of course in a different society, the flintstones would reflect that one to keep up. again it's in the fucking theme song.

TODOKETE

How did you like the true ending?

YER DEAD TO ME, CAN OPENER!

Can someone storytime please?

Designated Dave already did, fampai.

Wacky Raceland is already down to being a six issue series. Which of the HB titles will be next?

If any of them, Flintstones.

Let's do this.

I read the storytime thread and decided I should buy it. I added it to my pull list. I need a comedy comic.

>wammoth bammoth thank you mammoth

I want to know more about Morp

Ha

Those poor tree people

Thanks user.

I hope there's a Jetsons series that shows the dangers of the singularity

So I bought this today after reading the story time last week. The guy checking me out gave me the weirdest look when I checked out.

Wacky Raceland suffered from shit art and being too distant from the basic concept.

I wonder if they'll continue to do jumps to the present.

variants

fffffuuuuck

From the Flintstones

Holy shit. This is the first piece of flintstones related media I have actually enjoyed. How is it so good.

I read this in all their voices.

This'll come in handy.

I could see it more juxtaposition between what was and what it's percived to be.

Betting a "Back then they had a much closer tie to their natural element, see these animals they lived in communion with." Bit comes up with cuts to Fred and family using the utility animals.

My guess is a lack of intervention from suits. Like they said, "Give us a Flintstones book for adults, no tits" and didn't give a shit about the content so they had free reign to make it good.

WHAT THE FUCK, Sup Forums?

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THIS COMIC WAS SO GOOD?

Wonder if Barney will have a definitive job in this. Instead of ring a general jack of all trades.

Or if that will be a tragic back story to why he can't get a solid job.

>THE FLINTSTONES #2
>Written by MARK RUSSELL • Art by STEVE PUGH • Cover by AMANDA CONNER• Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
>Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. >Please see the order form for details.
>Bone Depot, Tarpit, and other big box stores get Bedrock whipped into a buying frenzy while Fred gets trapped in a vitamin pill scam. Plus, Fred and Wilma experience a crisis of faith when they discover the bird god they worship also makes a great record player needle.

Source? They went to gritty I have to admit

Not even Flash Rebirth gave me so many feels

Good artist and writters. Give now attention for the writters, because they deserve.

We did. However, no one believes us until they read it for themselves.

Too gritty and adding a mystery that didn't need it.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-qtnALLtbE
A fucking classic Birdman episode.

>THE FLINTSTONES #3
>Written by MARK RUSSELL
>Art by STEVE PUGH
>Cover by BEN CALDWELL
>Variant cover by BILQUIS EVELY
>Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. >Please see the order form for details.
>A field trip to the planetarium unexpectedly results in an alien invasion. As interplanetary spring breakers overwhelm Bedrock, Fred, Barney, and the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalos are called into action.

>Green Lanterns was fucking amazing so far
>New Skooks was enjoyable
>Grand Dad - The Brave and Bold is fantastic
I pity the dead who couldn't experience such joys

>Fred gets trapped in a vitamin pill scam

Flintstones vitamins?

They should cancel Wacky Raceland and replace it with the Jetsons.

i don't know why i find a skymall reference in the middle of all this caveman shit so funny but i really do

>bird god
So that's Morp.

The first storytime maxed out from all the people posting their shock. It was a sleeper hit no one saw coming.

They already will do Jetsons.

And to be honest I'm really curious regarding the Raceland world.

Did you not see the thread? Maybe it just got to 500 posts in less than two days so a lot of people missed it.

Jetsons need to capitalize on the satire that existed in the show that never really got play beyond it. George works short weeks and all he does is press a button.

Plenty of play to be done with that. Computer is his overseer and he's got the education that he could reprogram that bucket of bolts in a second. And all he does is press a button.

Maybe have it go Breaking Bad over that unfilled purpose.

How long until we're Flintbros and it's banned from Sup Forums?

I am but they need to adjust a few things. Like more racing.

I kinda hope Mark Russell writes it but I don't know how many books he's on right now other than Flintstones.

They gave it to a smart writer.

I have no idea what I just read but it was brilliant. Why is everything that's not mainstream of such high quality these days?

>UGGH
>John Volcanos
>Pradozoa
>Roc Martens

I love that they kept the stupid puns.

We did! Did you think we were just jerking DC off because we hate Marvel or something?