So, was he Bruce Wayne? How does that make any sense?

So, was he Bruce Wayne? How does that make any sense?

Haven't read this in forever but IIRC my interpretation was that the mantle had been passed down

I don't know, but the suit design was pretty based as far as "practical" interpretations go.

>How does that make any sense?

The way Gordon talked to him after reading the GCPD file it seemed like Bruce was immortal

I don't think it was Bruce, but maybe a grandson or something.. son? I don't remember how many years in the future it was set. One of the best batman books I've ever read desu

Filename

That was the point muther fucker, the whole story centers on Batman as a character that's mythic, and it gives him a "power" of sorts

To me it set up to take simple mistakes or exagerations on older batman comics, and make them into part of his leyend while acepting it goes beyond sense

vampire

Think about it. Does he ever appear during the day?

I rather liked the idea that Bruce was exposed to lazarus pits and magic shit that he couldn't die. Faking his own death and going full Batman.

Am I the only one who thought that Batman was supposed to be black while reading that book?

>it's a DC character is described as mythic or archetypal episode

>it's a shitpost

bruce knowing that he had so many years to fight crime as batman undertook a cloning plan. he cloned himself and at the midpoint of his years as batman he began growing his own clone. when he was old and unable to fight he unleashed the clone who believed himself bruce wayne. the original playing alfred to the clone. and when he died the plan continued.

batman died. but batman rose again.

Yeah, IIRC Scott Snyder came up with that after reading Batman Year 100.

They never really explain it if I remember right and I like the fact that they never really explain it. If I was making this into a movie the audience would never see any of it from Bruce's POV.

I unironically like this.

This

I just figured Bruce was immortal at some point in that universe. Maybe he never a man at all but an avatar of justice dreaming he was a man.

Yes

I liked how year 100 Batman showed up in an issue of Batman Eternal, when Batman was exposed to some hallucinogenic gas and was asked by Ra's if Batman was eternal.

I would like to see a Batman Beyond story (with Terry) where a Bruce clone snaps, becoming a villan, and Terry has to take it down and becomes batman.

Over time he turned into a legend. His immortality is part of that legend, but it is not the same person.