Why did this scene piss off so many people?

Why did this scene piss off so many people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LGopT-KNvlM?t=49m27s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because his beard is uneven

I don't recall people getting angry

People liked the Matrix for the well-shot and edited action, not the philosophizing. The Wachowskis thought it was the other way around, unfortunately.

that whole movie was an abortion

Why?

youtu.be/LGopT-KNvlM?t=49m27s

Skip to 49:27

>inb4 bob

Yeah, but this video actually isn't shit.

Also it's kind of an exposition dump scene and the dialogue comes off really pretentious.

Not many people care for exposition dumps. Especially exposition dumps that vastly alter the nature of a story.

but the first matrix was all about determinism and the illusion of choice

>linking movieblob

A genuinely interesting observation

Moviebob is a better reviewer than most of the actual popular YT reviewers. As in he can actually articulate why he enjoyed or didn't enjoy something and back it up instead of Chris "I grew up with this and there's good acting and I love X Y Z actor!" Stuckmann.

>Why did this scene piss off so many people?
normies found out the dangers of headcanon

First of all, the scene doesn't even make sense. The movie didn't need The Architect. His dialogue is the most confusing word salad besides anime. They used a well-dressed English guy so he would seem stately and informed. The sequels were just so god damn terrible, which is a shame because I adore the original.

What said is correct. Too much blah blah talking that just kept geting more and more bizarre. Seriously, look up the Architect scene and notice how fucking asinine it sounds.

The architect isnt real morty.
Chop your dick off and fuck men.
There is no dick.
Save zionists.

>The sequels were just so god damn terrible

but the freeway chase is one of the greatest action scenes ever

>Liking Bob
Kys

It's pretentious and you find out "The One" isn't special and that there were other "Ones" that ultimately failed.

Also
>TLDW

>Neo risks everything to save Trinity
>She dies anyway in the sequel

Pissed me off.

The philosophy was woven in seamlessly into the story. People really digged the concepts that the Matrix explored because they were incorporated well into the action and plot. But when you have a long, hamfisted, dry and boring scene where everything gets explained word for word, that is when philosophizing gets shitty.

Literally too deep for them

Brainlets, user

Scene? The whole movie fucking sucked.
>deep
HAHAHAAHAAAAHAAAH no

the neo-trinity couple was the most frigid, unpassionate, couple in movie history.

uhh that guy is fucking all over the place with projecting his insecurity
seems like that architect scene went way over his head, and couldnt subtract actual narrative from his head canon meta philosphy of life, then goes on rambling about pepsi commercials, like he knows wtf happened with that.

seems like that dumb bitch would be a little faggot on twitter or reddit that goes "so that happened" because he's got fuck all to actually say, and MAN, what a little passive aggressive bitch insecurely venting his anger in that fake rage bullshit talking real fast, like hes not reading from a fucking script

Only thing I was actually pissed off about was how almost the entire first third is fucking boring filler
which is like an hour fucking long

>most confusing word salad besides anime
It was actually a well-considered philosophical statement.

>The sequels were just so god damn terrible
Between movie 1 and movie 2 is when a dominatrix got into Larry's head and turned him into Lana.

The Matrix is overrated schlock.

It might have been if they set up the plot correctly and we actually gave a shit about what they were fighting about

>live in a perfect utopia where all your needs are fulfilled and your body is recycled when close to death to sustain the machines
I fail to see where the problem was.

Do you think the 12 year olds who made the matrix a phenomenon gave a shit about the philosophical underpinnings or even realize they were there in the first place? It was decoration in between the slomo action scenes

>calls someone a blob
>posts sam hyde
tip top kek my man

Other than it being a literal deus ex machina, it was the most redeeming part of the second movie, and basically the only reason the second movie is worth watching.

>Do you think the 12 year olds who made the matrix a phenomenon gave a shit about the philosophical underpinnings
Were you retarded when you were 12? I remember seeing Reloaded the day it came out and my friends and I were all discussing the lore while waiting in line.

DELET

Sean Connery was supposed to play the Architect, but he thought the script made no sense so they recast him.

It was almost creepy. Their relationship was always unsettling to me.

Ergo

you pleb, they needed the keymaker to access the source, so they kidnapped him from the Merovingian, and his ghost henchmen were sent to chase them down.

lol

it's a 20min KFC commercial

jack and wendy from The Shining is pretty frigid, although Jack certainly has passion

VIS-A-VIS

CONCERTEDLY

ERGO

Spends a long time saying "This has all happened before. You are a bug that shows up in the system and we use a work around to deal with you each time."

>magical black lady says you need to doop de doo to find the source.

the dramatic tension is palpable

lol but thats an horror story about schizophrenia, its to be expected that the relationship depicted would be weird. but neo-trinity couple were the hope for humanity, and they were unhuman, maybe it was intended as that, but it wasnt interestingly unhuman, it was just lame and there was very poor chemistry.

>No, YOU WON'T LET IT! I'M THE ONE WHO TALKS! MOUTH SHUT, EARS OPEN! ERGO! VIS-A-VIS! CONCORDANTLY!

You could argue that they seemed cold and calculating - like a machine. But I'm sure it was just poor chemistry because she's probably gay in real life.

Reloaded wasn't even bad, it was pretty cool. Revelations is the real shitter, and even that had an awesome ending, with one of the coolest fights in the series (the one in the real world with blind Neo, not the dragon ball stuff). They all had their moments and the series is a lot better than some remember.

Kek, was waiting for this.

>As in he can actually articulate why he enjoyed or didn't enjoy something
>nobody enjoyed this movie because it was sexist

yeah no
kys

I liked this scene.

Carrie Ann Moss was fucking horrible. Looks like a Gargoyle and her facial animations are were literally better in the PS1 games.

Why was this girl important to the future, as the Oracle said, and how can she create a sunrise? That I never really got.

No he was approached to play Morpheus when they were making the first movie and Will Smith was approched to play Neo but they both declined because they didn't understand it

>His dialogue is the most confusing word salad besides anime
that was the point, brainlet
he's an analytical AI, he doesn't think like humans

Something about her bringing happiness I think. She was a program created by 2 rogue programs, right?

Will Smith would have been so bad.
He'd have insisted on his favourite writer rewrite all his lines to sound like Fresh Prince, the way he does in all his movies

This is a case of taking something profound (the nature of reality from inside an artificial Matrix imprisoning all of humanity) and mushing it into gobbledygook. The Architect was a memorable villain but in all the wrong ways.

He speaks in exotic barely comprehensive logic-speak. He sits in a room full of monitors and twirls his beard. Bad guys are supposed to be threatening, not stuffy. They should exude some type of inner fortitude, not dribble drabble.

And the Architect is here to overturn everything you thought you knew about the Matrix. He is the puppet master behind the illusion and he bears terrible news: Neo is not special. No, he’s the result of a complex equation trying to balance itself. There have plenty of Ones floating around the Matrix and it’s all part of the game programs like to play. In this one moment everything cool about the Matrix suddenly became a math problem. And that, my friends, is a honking big unforgivable story tumor.

I don't know about you guys, I was 11 when this movie came out in theaters and this part completely fucking lost me with how esoteric it was. I can watch it just fine now as a functioning adult but when I watched this shit as a kid I remember not being able to understand half the vocabulary the dude was using. It was like a different language. Being a kid sucks.

The whole saga is badly overrated. I remember being in high school and there were a couple of kids obsessed with it. I thought the first one was a pretty good scifi flick, but I wasn't nuts over it.

No one understands what the Architect says. Its like Donnie Darko: anyone who says they get it are lying.

>The whole saga is badly overrated
Only the first movie is well liked, and it was so influential it completely changed the map. It spawned lots of copy cats too. It's really a fucking classic, simple but effective story, great pacing, great action, groundbreaking special effects.

That's a piss-poor excuse for avoiding critical thinking.

I literally just rewatched it and understood it just fine. But I also know what the story of the Matrix is so maybe that helps.

E R G O
R
G
O

>This will be the millionth me we have created this thread, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

But that's wrong.

You say that like Keanu was great with the role or something.

>uhh that guy is fucking all over the place with projecting his insecurity

OP asked hwy it annoyed people, the reason given there was exactly why other than morons who can't pay attention and just though it was confusing.

>seems like that architect scene went way over his head

I think 2 minutes of a hour long video went over yours.

Zion parts are just unwatchable.

Too many "difficult" words brought some close to the realisation that they might not be as smart as they think. They did not like that.

Synapses: the scene.
>mfw too american to be expected to gather meanings & plot without help

Dude he was perfect for it, who would have been better? I feel like his awkwardness just makes the character even better. He was just a geeky coder like a year ago, not an action hero.

People get angry with that scene? Not in Brazil they don't.