Would you be disappointed if your son was like him?

Would you be disappointed if your son was like him?

Be honest, how much do you relate to him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9D8armIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, you would have to be trailer trash to not see him as a disappointment

When he was in boxer briefs and laughing with his friends online as his dad walks past his bedroom it felt too close to reality for me.

Fun fact - The actor committed an armed robbery in 2001 and was put on probation for it

He was an ungrateful little piece of shit who would have been snuffed out by most indigenous tribes before reaching an age of maturity

but at the same time he fucked like 3 legitimate 9/10s throughout the course of the series.

AJ would be an improvement

the guy who played Matthew Bevilaqua committed an armed robbery that ended up with his partner in crime shooting and killing a cop. He almost got hooked on the murder charge but instead was convicted of armed robbery, he got out of jail only a few years ago

I kept hoping that by the time he was a graduate he'd get into crime and be half decent.

I get the feeling that if Tony did die in the finale, AJ would've tried to get revenge but ended up getting killed by accident.

>the guy who played Matthew Bevilaqua
Most people probably know him better as C from A Bronx Tale.

i dont relate to him
he ruins every scene
i would be indifferent
i wouldnt care about him

AJ doesnt have a single redeeming scene in this series. All he ever does is bitch and complain. Meadow is the same but at least shes got a nice face

he had a scene where his friends fucked up a somalian dude and Meadow gave us College

worst character with janice. both of them should not have existed. same with the faggy nigger kid but that's another story.

He couldn't even kill himself properly. He was a fucking disgrace.

This except instead of talking to friends, I was ERPing with strangers on foot fetish forums :(

>I only want characters that I like/want to be
Sure is summer in here

Yeah, really. His parents have guns everywhere. He couldn't grab one and shoot himself?

He's literally /OurGuy/, he was coddled, he was a pussy, but then everyone expected him to grow up to be someone powerful like his dad, but that's not possible.

He's the ultimate pleb filter

fuck off AJ you fucking faggot.

>Reply
Honestly I'd be happy with an AJ kid. He wasn't a faggot or a tranny or a virgin or an addict (miraculously) so who cares

So he was just a failure by Tony/mobster standards?

Yes
A lot

The correct past subjunctive form of "to be" is "were".

I relate more to Tony.

>When he was in boxer briefs and laughing with his friends online as his dad walks past his bedroom it felt too close to reality for me.
But that's because his dad doesn't know what friends are and probably can't use a chat program.

I've started the last season, what the hell happened to Bobby's kids? It's like they've just disappeared completely.

Most smackable cunt ever.

I was him. It was a good character that made me turn my life around. I don't honestly know where I'd be if I saw how much of a faggot he was and then immediately recognized him as myself.

This, Tony was in the wrong here. He would be pissed off if he saw AJ laughing with friends in real life or just being happy in general. Tony hates when people around him aren't as miserable as he is.

tfw you'll never get to suck Blancas mummy milk

She was a Puerto Rican whore

I can see why Tony was disappointed.

>young Tony
>athlete
>ladies men
>charmer
>center of attention

>AJ
>sensitive
>depressed
>needy
>indecisive

Parents want their kids to be better than them and AJ got the worst of the worst genes wise.

>young Tony
>athlete

Don't be an asshole. Those kids from Seton Hall were 7 feet tall.

Why does the food in The Sopranos always look great? Even the shitty commercialized bottles of coke even look good.

Tony did die, so your imaginary scenario is likely true.

He woke up from the coma

AJ drew a swastika of dicks at my school

You fuck off underage summerfag. You need annoying characters in any show. You'll realise that when you grow up a bit.

YOU KNOW WHAT BACALA IS?

ITS SALTED COD

WE TAUGHT THE WORLD HOW TO EAT

tony should have been more proud of AJ than meadow, he was actually a god tier son, considering the circumstances.
he had actual morals, didn't have any dangerous gangster fantasies like jackie jr, and wasn't an SJW cuck like meadow.
he deserved more respect.

The episode ending with Tony and AJ making ice cream sundaes was pretty nice.
I'm surprised AJ's actor hasn't become like Drake Bell at all.

To be fair he did try to murder Uncle Junior out of a family vendetta, and got into trouble quite a bit (not to mention turned into a bit of a leftie during the 6th season but that seemed more like a phase).

My wife's son?

he is a full blown postmodernist

what episode?

Childhood is being pissed at AJ, adulthood is realizing that Meadow is a much more of a cunt.

he never had the makings of a varsity athlete

all tony wanted was to not make him like himself. so it was okay.

This. Sup Forums hates AJ because Sup Forums hates themselves

Elderly years are realizing both of them are complete and utter shits

carmella coddled him. if Carmella ever closed the door and let Tony smack AJ around

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

At least he sort of got his shit together at the end. Meadow was a self-righteous cunt from beginning to end. A hypocritical enabler just like her mother. AJ was true to his nature, a timid fuck-up true, but at least he was genuine.

you fuckin retard, thats not the guy who did that, its a totally different actor. its the dude who Tony gives an orange pop to before shooting him in an abandoned merry go round, idiot

That's the the guy who played Matthew DrinkWater

AJ was a product of his time and environment. He actually turns around pretty good when he is working later on in the series. The scenes of him obsessively watching Iraq war videos really paints a perfect picture of what it was like to come of age during that time. Everything felt (still does) feel utterly aimless and pointless. Tony hated him for being a boxer wearing chatroom dweeb but what do you expect? He was a fat kid raised by a criminal sociopath father and a coddling mother. It's amazing he didn't turn into a complete drug addled shithead.

>Be honest, how much do you relate to him?
a tonne
i think a lot of people do which is why they hate him

she sure was a "mommy" to him, if you know what i mean

>thinks johnny sack is a pussy because he cried at his daughters wedding
>gets teary eyes because of light ball breaking from his cousins

it's a fuckin disgrace

I don't think too many people here had wealthy parents who spoiled them.

just like he tried to avenge Tony when Junior shot him?

did he ever tell the truth about anything? I seem to remember him lying 100% of the time

I would've preferred a character ark in which he actually joined the military school.

On a different note, does anyone know what the original plot of the Sopranos was supposed to be(except the 'Tony trying to convince his mother against testifying against him in the RICO trial')?

I think the really basic premise was that it was just a show about a mob boss that sees a therapist.
The pilot has Tony narrate which is really weird compared to the rest of the show.

No, m8. I'm talking about what David Chase was planning to do with the plot before the actress playing Tony's mother died.

Well, he was going to join the marines but Carmella and Tony wouldn't let him. Instead he degenerated back to his old self. Makes you think.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9D8armIA

This is true. When Tony walked by he knew deep down he failed Anthony.

most teenager do the exact same thing. nothing special about laughing and chatting even my momma does that

why did melfi get freaked out by that article? tony didn't use her to become a better conman, he used her to deal with his past and often as advisor when making decisions. tony did nothing wrong in that regard

It's not a conscious process. The therapy itself helped him become a better conman.

show me example of this happening. he was a good liar from the beginning. he actually used the therapy in positive ways at times, for example when dealing with vito or with uncle jun in the first season

T

YOU LOOK LIKE A PUERTO RICAN WHOAR

why do people always bring this scene up, tony was a cunt and never really raised his kids properly and he gets mad at them for small reasons, its like the trash that own a dog and kick it and get mad that it isnt properly trained

not his fault carmella spoiled them, tony was an alright father

He needed Tony's guidance which as a narcissist (like his mother) he couldn't offer him because he saw AJ's flaws as a reflection of his own weaknesses and so resented him. Narcissists view their children as extensions of themselves not as real people. Do you think Tony ever realized how much he was like his mom

Not him. One could say that he was conning Junior in the first season.

tony was often self centered but he wasn't a narcissist

Yeah, if I'm going to have a son that's a boring and depressed, I at least want him to be smart and successful.

Well I'll learn about that in about 15 years. I'm optimistic.

At least AJ lost weight at the end of the show. I hope my son doesn't end up being a fat fuck.

This, I was also hoping Jackie Jr was going to end up slightly successful after a couple missteps. I thought it would've been cool to see a new generation of the lifestyle forming.
I guess the new generation is just a bunch of overpampered retards though

Aj and janice are two of the most realistic characters on the show

>not chit-chat room

More grateful, self aware and sympathetic, but just as useless

tfw im the aj in my family

Is there much of a new generation in the show at all? I remember Christopher getting shit for being the young guy well after he's made, never really feels like theres anyone coming up after him. Fits into the whole decaying theme of the show with the Mafia just being some old mans game.

The show is mostly about generations - how Tony's mother influences him as a father to AJ and Meadow, how his father influences him as a guide to Christopher (who himself grew up without one)

AJ is the pleb filter of television drama in the same sense Shinji is the pleb filter of animated kino.

but Shinji = Tony and Livia = Gendo

>Would you be disappointed if your son was like him?
Very.
>Be honest, how much do you relate to him?
Not at all, he's a loser's loser.

>Obi-Finn DeTrolio, my archnemesis.

AJ was a better person than his father through his aversion to violence alone. People won't like to hear that, but it's true. He wasn't built for crime, and that's a good thing. Not leading him into 'the life' was Tony's greatest triumph as a father and a man. He spared him the same fate he suffered. You can hate him for being whiny or bratty, but he was a child for basically the entire series. That's what they're like. His negative personality traits were only amplified by his parents showing similar behavior patterns.

AJ gets a raw deal from the audience for some reason - I see him as a very authentic and human representation of a millennial middle-class male, brought up in luxury and given no reason or meaning to live. I see a lot of myself in him, honestly. The pseudo-intellectualism, the laziness, the narcissism, I think he highlights a lot of things modern teenage boys go through. Maybe we just all collectively hate our sons or something. I dunno.

I doubt my son would be like him. A.J. problem came from him being spoiled as hell and ignored by his parents in favor of Meadow.

>I see a lot of myself in him, honestly.
This is why everybody hates him.