So why don't the Tremblay Bros try out Netflix and finally get to make SWAT Kats Revolution?

So why don't the Tremblay Bros try out Netflix and finally get to make SWAT Kats Revolution?

Cartoon Network lost its balls and soul, Warner Brothers also don't have the balls for it and Hanna Barbera is completely uninterested.

Also SWAT Kats thread.

Well Hanna Barbera got swallowed by WB and is basically just a brand now, AND last time I checked Warner Bros was backing them and probably offering monetary budget for the production in their pitch to CN.

They're trying to produce online content for this so I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they attempt the Netflix angle since WB is still backing them. With how well the new Voltron has done, it shows that it's a place that's willing to take a risk at least.

Hoping they'll try it out soon because the wait is killing me.

Yeah. I'm sure they'll have to have something announced soon.

At least a short.

But seriously, the build-up for Revolution is interesting.

>Megakat City is on the edge due to the SWAT Kats being absent for a long time. Callie is barely holding the city together and Manx is more corrupted than ever.
>The reason they were not around was that their tech is completely obsolete. They are still badass, but they cannot compete against the villains in terms of technology (betting Manx cut the Enforcers' budget hence why they don't get new tech on their junkyard).
>Meanwhile Dark Kat created a villain alliance that slowly is putting his plans into motion.
>The Tremblays said that there will be a hacker girl that T-Bone and Razor will meet and help her out. She won't be a new SWAT Kat, but she will help them get new tech to upgrade their gear and the Turbo Kat to compete with the villains.
>At one point the duo will even go to Viper's murder swamp and meet an old acquaintance from their times among the Enforcers. An old Enforcer who backed them up and stood up to them when Feral was angry at them. They find him being a mindless mutant at first, but manage to restore his mind and make him their second new ally.
>Revolution will go more into the setting and the characters (incoming Dark Kat Origins story), while still maintaining the radical awesome the series had.
>There will be new villains (the kids of the Metallicats...which is a mystery on how did they manage to conceive them).

>The Tremblays said that there will be a hacker girl that T-Bone and Razor will meet and help her out. She won't be a new SWAT Kat, but she will help them get new tech to upgrade their gear and the Turbo Kat to compete with the villains

Guess this girl will be for the one who doesn't gets Callie.

I ship T-Bone with Felina.

I think you're grossly overestimating how much people give a shit about swat kats.

I swear. 23 years and that freaking monstrosity still send chills down my spine.

At least there are people that care about it.

It's great.

Alas poor Morbulus.

You existed to be killed off.

Not many people cared about Voltron either. All it takes is new content to catch people's interest if the idea works. And who doesn't like cats? Cute jet pilot cats at that?

Dark Kat origins story sounds great, but I don;t know about the hacker girl. I'd prefer if Felina was the one involved in maybe helping them out on upgrading since she is in good terms with the Swat Kats and works for the government.

>You existed to be killed off.
Such is life in Megakat city.

>YFW it will be someone related to Felina, most likely her little sister.

It's bound to happen

Nah, it's probably someone related to Turmoil since her whole shtick was having crazy advanced tech all piloted by grill cats.

So jake is getting a gf?

>I'd prefer if Felina was the one involved
With Manx in charge it's very unlikely. Hell, if Megakat City is essentially Mega City One with anthropomorphic cats. The city is essentially a self-sufficient city state where Manx is the highest authority to which even Feral answers.

So if a corrupt, cowardly douche is in charge, then you know Felina would have problems due to budget cuts.

Hell, even though he was a douche, he didn't deserve to be turned into that thing. A worse fate than death is losing your personality and being turned into a mindless monster. And the Giant Bacteria was something like that. A mindless slave to Viper's soullessness and insanity.

Both would be good options.

It is. I loved the design of that damn thing. Though it would have been neat just to have Morbulus around as sort of a C-lister type villain trying to make it in a world of exclusively A and B listers. Kind of like the Swat Kats equivalent of Batroc the Leaper; super competent but inherently not too powerful.

There's always Chopshop.

>Chopshop

Oh yeah, forgot about him. That'd be cool to see him somehow kicking it around with some maybe okay tech while Dark Kat is piloting God knows what.

I remember that guy.

It was like the pilot episode and he ended up eating a bunch of people before they finally killed him.

Bacteria monster was great

But sadly he's completely dead.

Maybe if they gave him a twin brother...

never ever

Ah well. I'm sure they can come up with another guy with a minor power if they ever felt like it.

Don't be so negative.

Indeed.

But you know what? I'd rather if they retconned N.Zyme into being alive rather than being eaten by the Giant Bacteria. But as a tragic villain out for Viper's head.

What is theover under chance on Jake/Callie happening?

Jake/Callie won't happen if Jake finally won't realize that Callie has a crush on him.

Chance/Jake will be simply bromance.

Sadly Chance and Felina will never happen...

>There will be new villains (the kids of the Metallicats...which is a mystery on how did they manage to conceive them).
There is only one way, the old guy who made them, kept their genitals to play with.

Darn. This also raises more questions. As in who keeps organs for themselves if they aren't used for transplantation?

>The Tremblays said that there will be a hacker girl that T-Bone and Razor will meet and help her out. She won't be a new SWAT Kat, but she will help them get new tech to upgrade their gear and the Turbo Kat to compete with the villains

please please please don't be a shitty self insert

Nah. If you look at the likes of Callie, Felina, Molly, Turmoil or any of the other females, Tremblay Bros didn't fail here at all.

Hoping only that cuteness and her hacker skills won't be the only things she will have.

That'd be a pretty crazy twist so I don't know if they'd want to risk it. It could be cool I guess.

I mean as long as she's actually a character then it should be fine. Like Felina would fuck up here and there because she was supposed to be the Enforcers' brash hero and that was cool.

they were from a different era where girl power meant competent women showing their worth instead of people bending over backwards for princesses. I don't know if you can trust writers as much nowadays.

the four main female characters in swat kats are professionals with important jobs, to the point their dedication to it was half their character description. I don't think a character described as "hacker" alone has ever been good.

maybe if it was another enforcer, government agent or someone who was in a place to leak information and do more than type magic into computers.

I could imagine it that N.Zyme previously experimented on some biological regeneration serum and was accidentally exposed to it. The serum did nothing at all even when he made a medical check on himself and he thought it was a failure...until the Giant Bacteria came.

>Bacteria touches him and the substance it was made out of is dissolving him.
>However, instead of being dissolved, the serum kicked in and started to alter the bacterias, resulting in N.Zyme being covered in a organic shell.
>After the Bacteria incident has been dealt with, the Enforcers take the shelled Zyme for study.
>Months later the shell breaks and the good doctor is turned into something that would rival Birkin in the horror department, yet with his mind still somewhat intact (albeit insane and deranged to some point thinking this mutation is punishment for creating Viper in the first place). He escapes and must hide away from society.
>Years pass and the mutated Zyme (who also wears a robe to hide most of his body) is plotting his revenge on Viper and his only way of atoning.
>He would be pragmatic and ruthless in getting his vengeance, and even use Megakat's criminals as test-subjects for his experiments he'd unleash on Viper.
>The only thing that would stop him from becoming another Viper would be the fact that he'd try to avoid involving civilians, though over time he'd slowly become more pragmatic and more ruthless...

Yeah. With what today is happening, the writers would need to work hard to make the females look believable and have actual character, but we should see it when they finally release it.

And I do love me some flawed characters.

Im hoping for weeb kat

>weeb kat
Nah, would go with a punk kat.

Weebs are always done badly these days.

that's a terrible fucking idea
weeb characters are the worst

CUTE
U
T
E

just give Callie and Felina their own swat kat jet and uniforms so we can have more missiles and guns

Punk girls are shit.

I wish that would happen, but I don't see it happening.

So you have a better idea?

And no, don't say goth girl.

Though maybe one kat girl with a perky tech wiz look would do the trick.

At this point he wasn't even himself anymore.

Just a mindless monster made by Viper.

>So you have a better idea?

how about just someone not defined by a garish, retarded "urban culture"

Hmmm. Good idea actually.

Pity. I'm a sucker for cape or cape like villains that aren't necessarily overpowered but have some sort of advantage over the main heroes. His piloting suit looked pretty classic cape villain too, I wish there was at least a full shot of it.

Why do you assume they didn't already try? Maybe they did and show is dead as fuck?

Wait, I thought he was totally devoured by the virus Viper planted on him?

Yeah, he did.

That was from the start of the episode.

Or, to be more accurate, the virus mutated him into the Bacteria Monster.

Felina makes sense. Callie... basically none. She's a desk worker.

>not wanting a chubby weeb kitty

I'm sorry I've got something that even remotely resembles taste,

Doesn't Callie drive pretty good? Its been awhile since I've seen the show. She could be on the ground.

Theyneed a beach episode.

proper scan of bikini callie fucking when

>no glasses

I didn't know Razor and T-Bone had such shit taste.

4u

...I'll be in my chopper backup

>Callie in a bikini
>Chance in a speedo

>Chance in a speedo
>Jake in cute swimming trunks

Does anyone have those images of the original Swat Kats pitch designs? I remember Callie being really fucked up.

One of them ends up losing their suit in the water

Damn Im seriously tempted to grab the DVD collection. I miss Swat Kats. Thanks for hitting me in the nostalgia Sup Forums!

>Bare ass is shown on screen

Holy shit, that is some sweet ass fan art. The cat ears on the robot form are a cute detail too.

Stop, I can only thirst so much.

quit lusting over boys

you'll go cross eyed

Never.

You keep Callie.

I keep Best Boy.

>Hey Chase, you seen the latest episode of Watoshi no Hatoshi no Teshi?
>No. Shut up. I don't care. Do your job.
>...O.K. *hums NGE theme song*

hell and fuck no

Satan, this is your worst post yet.

so back on topic(i hope)

I have not watched the Voltron revival, and it's been mentioned as a good example of a show being brought back successfully to a new audience. What does it do well? What would Swat Kats could take from it?

It reintroduces the concept of Voltron (five lions = big robot man that can kill off legions of evil aliens) respecting its source material while still trying to do its own thing. There's a bit more to it involving re imagining characters and such but the core element of robot man fighting aliens is preserved and not just self parodied.

With Swat Kats Revolution, its a bit trickier since its trying to be both a soft reboot and a direct continuation. But obviously the key should be keeping elements classical to the series (i.e: dogfighting cats) while introducing some new things to keep it fresh. Old and new.

What do you have against weebs girls user?

It doesn't work with Swat Kats' vibe. Swat Kats is more cape inspired than it is anime inspired.

Indeed a pity about him. Really could've been a potential recurring kat villain.

There is no word in the world that would describe how horrid you are Satan.

Started watching it yesterday. Watched the first two episodes and have to say, it's actually fun.

Hell, they actually respected the source material while refreshing it for today's times.

This. As long as they leave the stuff that made the original series rock in the first place and introduce new things to it, then Revolution would rock.

Drawfag with a sketch I'm too lazy to refine further. Maybe...

Well it sure needs refinement...

I thought CN still owns the brand?

>Chance in swimming trunks
Fucking yes

Hanna-Barbera, and by extension Warner Bros.

But the Tremblays have the rights to the TV show, so if they produce a new one they'll get backed up...or that's what I've heard. Dunno how it really works.

>All the sexy fanservice dies when the characters get wet and their fur is a mess

That would be pretty hilarious.

>Callie's Feels when Jake isn't noticing her crush on him

She picks up a gun and joins fights pretty often from what I remember

Yep. She actually goes action girl in certain situations and displays great courage even in the face of truly scary situations.

bump

I swear if the new Turbo Kat ain't going to transform into a mecha in Revolution...

Oh well. Then it won't be more radical.