"Galaxy" class

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ked-Pw0mZyY?t=184
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Faggot" OP

I've always thought it'd be really cool if they managed to pilot a smaller ship inside the weird hollow bit of the warbird, either inside the shields or weapon range, and just tear the fucker up with phasers at point blank.

Isn't that where the blackhole is kept?

>poor little white ship
or on the other side of things, hide a bunch of smaller ships inside the large one that detach to attack, etc

Captain. I recommend a full spread of torpedoes!

>all that wasted space
>still can't defeat the Enterprise unless there are at least two of them
is the Romulan Star Empire trying to compensate?

They did that in one of the novels that Shat 'wrote'.

>"wasted space"
>he doesn't know how warp engines work in Star Trek
GTFO NEWB

No, it's kept contained in the ship.

youtu.be/Ked-Pw0mZyY?t=184

explain the Defiant then

NEGATIVE!

This is so damn sexy. I think this is probably the closest we ever got in the show

Haha, forgot about this book. God it was retarded by the end. V'ger was really reprogrammed by the Borg so Spock having mind melded with it was considered one of the Borg, Cubes which join together to form stupid ass formations, wasn't there a ship crewed totally by Data copies, might of misremembered that one

Shiplets, when will they learn?

It's true

someone add that ancalagon comparison

>Galaxy class
>Smaller than the previous ships deflector

Nothing seen in any episode really gives you the impression they are that huge. They always look to be about the same size as the enterprise.

Can physical things just fly right through the shields like that?

I thought Trek shields were more like cartoon force fields where nothing ever gets through.

I like how it shoots into random empty patches of space, and still manages to make things burn.

>it shoots into random empty patches of space
They're shooting the starboard bow and nacelle.

The first three shots are just burning blank empty spots in outer space between the ships.

They are clearly hitting the starboard (left) bow (side of the ship), which is the opposite side of the ship to where the camera is showing.

I think they changed the way the shields worked throughout the series depending on what they wanted to happen. In one of the TNG episodes the Enterprise was hit on its warp nacelle by another ship and ended up blowing up, in the film Nemesis the Enterprise managed to deflect debris with the shields. In one of the Voyager episodes the Kazon fired their weapons at a very specific part of Voyager to allow a ship to impact the ship.

I hope, that if they make a remastered DS9, they add more varied ships to the cgi sequences. Like more than 1 romulan, 4 klingon, 3 cardassian. The 100 year old fed ships are also quite out of place.

>I hope, that if they make a remastered DS9, they add more varied ships to the cgi
I don't, remasters should be faithful recreations of the original, just better looking.

>The 100 year old fed ships are also quite out of place
They make it clear to fans how fucked they are, they literally threw every single ship they had at the Dominion. And its not like they were the first appearance in DS9, TNG met a few Excelsiors and Mirandas too.

First three shows means firrst three shots the ship fired in the first few seconds of the pic user. Not the last three at the end of the pic.

Think before the Romulan ship even appeared

Niggaa what part of
>First three shots
did you not get?

You're showing the Last Two shots in the video

>I'm talking about a completely different thing that this thread was about but I'm not going to mention it and expect you to realise this

>Fake pic
>non-argument
>troling

try again

Wait

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the start of the thing where the ship is just indiscriminately shooting nothing, and then we jump over to the fighting the other ship part.

>I like how it shoots into random empty patches of space, and still manages to make things burn.

I mean the first few seconds of the pic before it actually hits the Cardassian ship. It is starting fires against nothing.

come on, at least try not to be this autistic when your whole argument falls to shit in mere seconds

the Dreadnought in Into Darkness, was even more retardedly large.

No dunbass, he was talking about how the shots that CLEARLY hit the Warbird somehow missed becusae it was an inch offscreen. Now he is trying to cover his ass like a fucking child

Aren't they shooting at fighters or cardassian defense drones?

Looks like it to me, you can just make out their wings light up when they get hit

>I err. uhh....no, I was talking about something elseee!!!!!!!

fuck off user

GOTY

kek

>retardedly large

Everything in Trek is still a spec next to anything in Star Wars or 40K or BSG or most other sci-fi universes.

This is a picture by Andrew Probert, looks a lot bigger than the Enterprise.

I think the producers wanted it to be a lot bigger so there it was a threat to the Enterprise.