Venom #1

Let's talk about this, symbiote fans. Is our boy Brock back in black or is Marvel just trying to make sure the issue sells well by putting him on the cover like they did with Venom Vol. 2 #1?

Other urls found in this thread:

brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/84921065083/when-flash-thompson-was-anounced-as-venom-i
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Lethal Protector
Boo

Whatever it is it can only be better than what we've been getting.

I hope it's still Flash, but that image doesn't seem like it, especially with that tagline.

From a story standpoint, Eddie going back to the symbiote with open arms would be super weird.

I'm buying it regardless, and it's not like I don't like classic Venom.

Well if he does return for good, I'd like Flash to be given another symbiote.
Him going back to being normal Flash Thompson after all the shit that happened to him would just suck.

Bleh. Wake me when they retconned all of Bendis' bullshit.

that says lethal arrival
>sandoval on art
i know Sup Forums has strong opinions about this, but i am hype.

Marvel has invested too much in Flash to abandon now. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Flash loses Bendis' redesign and starts losing control of the Symbiote.

>Venom goes back to Eddie and Flash gets to be Agent Toxin

Y'know, I wouldn't hate that? Still liked Antivenom Eddie best, and Pat Toxin, but I could settle for that.

Sandoval can be decent if he actually wants to be. So I'm not turned off just yet.

New Venom, cool.
Its still Flash, awsome.
If he's done with outer space, much better.
If its Brock for some reason, eh.
If he's with pic related again, im down

Ideally Brock would just become Anti-Venom again.
And even more ideally, Flash/Mania would become canon.
It's my OTP.

Only interested in Flash; if it's more Agent Venom back from Bendis' space nightmare, then I'm sold. If it's Eddie, the book can fuck right off.

wake me up when marvel announces something interesting

Brock becoming Venom would be ideal, though it's not the best thing for his character at this point, it would be the best move to make sure the comic sells and get new readers. Flash has been alright as Venom, but he can't be a hero like he wants to be with Brock's Venom still casting a titanic shadow. This will always be the Venom people know and love so it's probably a good idea to let Flash go to do his own thing, maybe he can be Anti-Venom 2?

Who's Mike Costa and is he a good writer?

Oh great, it's this faggot again.
Also making Flash Anti-Venom completely undermines his own AND Eddie's character arcs.

>and is he a good writer?

Not lately.

all the Guardians are done with outer space user

Isn't she like, 17?

Also Venom dad is best dad.

Did I say something wrong? The fact that this cover is basically Venom: Lethal Protector shows that Marvel wants to return to the more popular Venom. And I already said that it's not best for either of them.

>Costa

Fuck.

Aren't you that same faggot who kept going on about how Eddie was the better character because he was more iconic?
The same one who denied that he was more popular solely because he had more exposure?

What makes him bad?

Which is why I want Mania to rape and femdom him.

wait wut

Venom is going back to Eddie and Flash is getting Toxin so both can fuck off back to obscurity because Marvel has no fucking idea what to do with symbiotes anymore. Calling it now.

No? But isn't Eddie the more popular Venom though? I mean after everyone was freaking out over Space Knight wouldn't seeing this kind of Venom be a relief?

I loved Costa's Scarlet Spiders mini during Spider-verse.

I've still enjoyed him writing Web warriors, but he had obvious problems of focusing on the less interesting spiders like Spider-ham and Spider-gwen, and had pacing issues. We spent way too long on the Electros.

Didn't the last issue of Spaceknight basically have Venom showing Flash that she was a monster all along? Personally, I prefer it that way. Venom works as a jilted lover who is is fiercely protective of her new ones. Space bullshit is fun, but I didn't dig it too much.

He is more popular, but mainly because he's been in a lot of things ever since his creation as a character.
Like I think he's been in something like 20+ video games, 5 cartoons and a movie among numerous other things.

>ywn be scolded by a symbiote

Eddie's only more popular because he's been in more media than Flash. Videogames movies and cartoons. According to the poll last thread, more people here preferred Flash as Venom.

That's the problem with Spider-Verse as a whole, though. It was supposed to be a vehicle for more obscure yet beloved Spiders like Anya and Mayday to get exposure. Instead it became Spider-Gwen and Her Amazing Friends.

His G.I. Joe Cobra series were pretty based.

Eddie isn't popular, Venom is. It's an important distinction.
People like Venom because of his look.

>our boy Brock
Lmao

Perfect time to bring back Pat and his son Toxin

DO IT
JUST FUCKING DO IT

>all of these Eddie Brock haters in a VENOM thread

What the fuck goes on in these threads.

Thinking about it now, fuck Flash with Toxin.
The red and black color scheme on him looks terrible.

>Lethal Arrival
>Arrival
>Arrival implies the first appearance or "entering the scene"
>implying it isn't going to be a new minority Venom

Come on guys it's just predictable at this point.

The symbiote is the only reason people ever gave a shit about Eddie and even then the majority didn't care about him and just liked the things the symbiote itself was mostly responsible for.

Yeah they will be on earth after Civil Bore II

I don't think most people here hate Eddie Brock. Like I said, I loved him as Antivenom. I just liked Agent Venom more.

It kind of worked to a point. The whole idea is to be edgy though.

But Flash was the least edgy member of the team.
Would rather have him with Kamen Rider Joker's color scheme.

Couldn't you say that about any hero and their identity though? Fuck, I don't think anyone liked Flash before he became Venom. It just seemed odds that people would hate the person that IS Venom.

Eddie Brock was never interesting to me until he became a crazed symbiote hunter post-Anti-Venom

Not really, at least characters like Peter Parker were still interesting outside of the costume and brought their own merits to the table.
Eddie was nothing special without the symbiote for the vast majority of the time.

I preferred Eddie as Anti-Venom with Flash as Venom. I wish Marvel knew what the fuck they were doing with symbiotes.

I think Tom Brevoort put it best

>I think making Flash into Venom was a master stroke, a brilliant idea from Dan.

>One of the problems with the classic Venom, love him or hate him, is that Eddie Brock, for all of the many, many pages devoted to him, was a fairly thin character. Nobody ever truly made him into an individual that you much cared about. So you were reading VENOM for Venom, not for Eddie.

>But Flash has 50+ years of investment built into him. We’ve seen him in a bunch of different roles over the years–tormenter, friend, accused villain, romantic rival, amnesiac football coach–and all in context to Peter Parker. So making Flash into Venom gives that character a concrete hook into the world and life of Peter Parker in a way that was never possible with Brock. And especially after Guggenheim’s story about Flash’s service and the loss of his legs, he was in about as sympathetic a position as he’d ever been in from a reader point of view.

>brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/84921065083/when-flash-thompson-was-anounced-as-venom-i

>Mike Costa

After being very disappointed with Web Warriors, I can't get excited for this.

>new minority Venom

Fuck you cause I bet this is true.

AntiVenom was the most interesting thing to happen to Brock in years. Much better than being a generic 90's antihero or eating people's brains. Shame they had to go fuck it all up. At least Carnage is getting him back on the right track. Almost like where Flash was during Remnder's run. Only having the symbiote for a short period of time and treating it like a drug.

Isn't it strange that the things that handled Eddie Brock the best weren't even the comics themselves? Like I honestly feel like he was more endearing in the PS1 games.

May be a little to early to celebrate Eddie's return, but what the hell. Let's do a story time of Venom: First Kill because I don't have Lethal Protector.

Aw man, can't crippled count for some privledge points?

Getting rid of Antivenom was the single worst thing to come out of Spider Island. I was so fucking mad when that shit happened.

>celebrate
>implying it's a good thing

It was an awesome call back to the fact that Eddie was a pretty religious person before being Venom. The whole cult thing just took it to the next level.

I'm not gonna argue Flash vs. Eddie, but I grew up with Venom and have more a connection with Brock than Thompson. It's true Eddie wasn't written the best, but he's been pretty interesting in Carnage, maybe he just needs a more modern outlook and writer, it worked wonders for Kaine and Flash.

I may have grown up with Eddie too, but I don't want them to just toss Flash away either.

Venom rankings:

1) Flash Thompson
2) Eddie Brock
3) Shit
4) Sanic OCs
99) Mac Gargan

I don't think they would like they did Gargan, he would probably go back to being a Spidey side character but I know that's not what people want for him after he's been Agent Venom.

>Retconning Eddie into an antihero before he was a villain.

Yeah, him going back to being a civilian is the exact opposite of what I want.
I mean unless he was to do something like going full G3-X.

Whoops, I'm back.
I mean he was always about protecting the innocent, I wouldn't call it a retcon.

That's it. Hope you guys enjoyed and might have warmed up to Eddie a little. I think it's important that we appreciate newer character like Eddie Brock instead of just clinging to older ones like Flash Thompson without giving the newer ones a chance. Kidding.

Any news on Carnage yet? I really want that comic to make it past 12 issues

thanks user
i miss early venom

So did anything important happen in space? I stopped caring about Venom at that point.

Symbiote started going bonkers again so Flash bottled it up and remembered that he left Mania in a sewer on Earth

Not really. The symbiote started going crazy again after bonding with some evil space warlord and Flash built himself a little harem of alien women and a suicidal robot, but that's about it.

Brock.....no...
anit-venom will never come back now.....

Actually, this could end up being exactly what brings him back. The way he became Antivenom in the first place was that his antibodies adapted to the traces of the Venom symbiote still in his body, so making him Venom again could actually just be a roundabout way of bringing back Antivenom.

Not that I actually believe that's their plan, but it is a possibility.

Did you say roundabout?