ME TIE DOUGH-TY WALKER!

ME TIE DOUGH-TY WALKER!

LYNCHEE KINCHY, COLLY MOLLY, DINGO DINGO

I'm still not 100% sure how you pronounce the TY maybe i should listen to the audio tape or something

>grunt

What made these fucking illustrations so good? They hit a weird part of my brain.

The lack of color and the sloppiness of the drawings are what I love about them. They also have this "misty" look to them. It seriously feels like they're drawings from another world.

Who has my liver? Who has it?

all of his drawings have that 'hazy and bleeding' effect.

Why doesn't Stephen Gammell seem to get much work? Scary Stories should have been his big break. I could easily see him doing art designs for video games or movies, or drawing horror comics.

his stuff is TOO scary. that's why they had some faceless hack draw shit art for the reprints of Scary Stories.

He draws mostly non horror kids books.

Am I the only one who always imagines scary stories happening in, like, small rural towns?

ME TIE DOUGH-TY SAUSAGE

Tee

"Tee"

Hell, they didnt even use his art in reprints of the Scary Story books. Too scary for the kids, they said. Which is stupid because the stories were secondary to the art. They were only reason anyone bought the books.

The illustrations give me that
>"This is what the world looks like late at night and early in the morning, before humanity settles in"
Feel

They mostly take place in small rural towns. I live in one that exactly like the kind of towns they use. It's especially creepy when you live in a place they constantly use as settings. Those corn fields and old roads are a lot more of a thrill after dark.

Same here. The scary parts are mainly on the outskirts of town/back roads to the rural part of town/etc. Not to mention in the next town over there's a super old-fashioned prison.

There was a man named Dunderbeck who invented a machine.
It ground out perfect sausages, and it was run by steam,
The pussy cats and long-tailed rats, no more they will be seen,
They're all ground up for sausage meat in Dunderbeck's machine.

Oh, Mr. Dunderbeck, how could ye be so mean,
To ever have invented that sausage meat machine?

Now, one fine day, a little boy came walking in the store.
There was a pile of sausages lying on the floor.
While he was a-waiting, he whistled up a tune,
And all them little sausages went dancing around the room.

One night, the thing got busted, the darn thing would not go.
So, Dunderbeck, he crawled inside to find what made it so.
His wife she had a nightmare, she was a-walking in her sleep.
She gave the crank one big yank, and Dunderbeck was meat!

Oh, Mr. Dunderbeck, how could ye be so mean?
Aren't you awful sorry now you invented that machine?

About the only thing out here is cornfields and orchards and abandoned barns, factories, and gas stations. Place is pretty those Maine towns from King novels. Hell I still get a bit uneasy driving or walking next the fields or buildings at night. Problem is now it's not ghosts or skeltons things or smiling dudes to be afraid, it's meth head rednecks.

We can all agree Harold was the best story and picture right?

See, my town is like a town from those 90s after school stranger danger specials. But there's a ghetto, not too scary desu. The rural part is right by the river, and it's quite scary sometimes because there's a forest and shit.

Our town is right on the NYS thruway, and my grandmother manages a rest stop in the town. Back in the day I'd walk from my grandparents' house to the rest stop and get some Starbucks or tendies from Roy Rogers.Eventually you'd have to walk on this little road right next to the Thruway, separated by a dinky fence. So sometimes I'd stand there in a mask and wave.

sounds pretty based. it also sounds like the begining to anyone of these stories.

Hell yeah. Also, there was this huge yellow house with a Victorian-style yard on a hill like a hundred feet from my grandparents' house. No one ever lived there, not since, like, the 50s. All the furniture is still in there though, and for some reason there's a modern-looking plastic chair on the porch.