3x3 thread

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ye_JIvnAvA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

only know the top 3 (possession, la jetee and la chinoise), what are the rest?

Story Of My Death
Way Down East
The Falls
Transient Life
The Beautiful Troublemaker
O Sangue

Macbeth is a great pick, one of the greatest soundtracks ever made aswell.
I have a poster of that same picture (expect its white) on my wall.

I second this, I only recognize La Jetée and Possession.

Funniest thing I disliked it quite a bit initially.

b.

Are these just photography

Yes
Do you like Prometheus and Covenant?

Could you post the full sized pic of the #1?

I'm meh on both of them. Tho the med pod scene in Prometheus was some of the better body horror in recent memory.

:^)

le movies women dont understand meme

hahah so epic, shared to reddit

Toastie roastie detected.

Dog Eat Dog was pretty awesome. have you heard about Schrader's next film with Ethan Hawke? sounds pretty neat.

I'm new to PS, so no I had not heard of it.

white boy in his 20s mass murderer-core

Accurate

Sounds like you'd be the right person to give us the snarky, reddit using, low-test, nu-male core.

dunno, I've never been to reddit

hard boiled? really nigga?

I suggest you check out Konchalovsky and Lopushanksy.

Hard to be a God is the craziest, moat demanding movie experience of my life. I got out of the cinema a different man.
I don't know if I liked it or not though.

>people pretending to like these boring ass movies
when will this meme end

When will plebs like you fuck off?

Hard to be a God
Come and See
Possession (the 80's one)
Literally the only movies I needed an intermission for. Complete insanity in these films.

If you're new you're in for a treat! The guy is really great at flawed male protagonists with lots of inner turmoil. Check out Affliction and Auto-Focus.

Not baiting

>russian propaganda

lel

Not an argument.

I already have one from his early career lined up. After Dog Eat Dog I am really interested in his work, it was magnificent film. Light of Day is one I have.

give 2 (two) reasons why is one of your favs

That's a strange one, but his career is full of off-beat choices like that. Enjoy. And definitely watch his stuff he did with Scorsese if you haven't, particularly Bringing Out the Dead

I'm not the user who made the chart, but dismissing it beacause it's propaganda is stupid, do you do the same with Pudovkin, Kalatozov, Einsenstein, etc?
Do you think that propaganda is inherently anti emotion?
Would you deny the great formal and technical achievements in propaganda films such as Triumph of the Will, Strike, and Letter Never Sent?

Did you start browsing Sup Forums last week?

yes

Propaganda can never be art. Art is an intimate expression of the artist. Propaganda by definition is a perversion of art that simply imitates art to further an agenda.

Are you denying the possibility that a propaganda piece can also serve as an expression of the artist about his history and environment?
Also, answer the rest of my questions.

Bottom right?
Even if there are picks that some consider "pleb" doesn't mean they're wrong. They worked for you so that's that. Don't be ashamed for it.
Also bottom right?

Days of heaven nigga wtf

Lady Snowblood

DUDE POPULAR MOVIES ARE SHIT

not that user but tell me something, is days of heaven like latest malick? of his filmography I really liked the thin red line but hate the new world, badlands, tree of life, knight of cups and to the wonder, should I watch DOH?

Never said any of them are bad. It's just that Sup Forums has threads about nearly all of those movies constantly

I can understand why some people wouldn't like his post 2000s stuff but how could you possibly hate Badlands?

It's nothing like new Malick because it's his second film.
Most comparable to Badlands.
Don't expect a lack of narration and nature shots though.

great cinematography but the plot is weak, the characters have 0 motivation and the way they act is really retarded, the dialogue is lame too IMO

the thin red line is beautiful tho

>plot
>characters

Pure coincedence

what do you mean by this?

You obviously know what I mean, pleb.

I really want to know actually

How pleb am I?

Aesthetic emotion > plot/characters

oh ok, I guess it's not for me

Anyone got any recommendations?

>Ordet
Nice. Could you list the rest of your 3x3? I know I've seen the top left, I just remember that it was a pretty good Kurosawa film, but besides that I don't recognize any.

Good taste.

Nice. What's the middle film? I recognize the actor.

>middle film
La dolce vita

Why do people shit on Guardians of the Galaxy but praise Batman vs Superman?
Guardians is probably the most visually imaginative and rich in color blockbuster of this decade.

They're both garbage

I've seen this image hundreds of times and it still fucking triggers me

Kek'd

Ew

Probably has a hard time connecting with women

Middle right?

But none of those movies are particularly boring, in fact, most are pretty entry level

Cool need to watch more of these

I very much approve, watch Showgirls if you haven't.

Noice, you seen any Ozu? Seems like you'd like him. I highly recommend Floating Weeds.

Dude In the Mouth of Madness is sooooooooooo good.

Check out Yang if you haven't

Only a little, if you want something more devastating then Threads watch When the Wind Blows.

seems like "the great beauty"

>Dude In the Mouth of Madness is sooooooooooo good.

Got any similar recommendations

3 women

I haven't seen a single other film like ItMoM, but you're clearly a Carpenter fan so please watch The Prince of Darkness (which is probably the closest thing to ItMoM I can think of) and The Fog if you haven't.

Already seen Prince of Darkness and started the Fog, just never got around to finishing it

>3 women
Which one?

Altman

Thanks, gonna have to check that out

It's not a debate pleb, find another medium to shit on.

well, I don't hate the movie, I'm just saying that is not for me, but I don't hate you either, you can't live with hate, we're both the same, maybe not from the same country and not with the same problems, but we're part of the same thing, together, you and me, me and you, I love you, let's float together with peace in our hearts

Is this kino?

lel
youtu.be/Ye_JIvnAvA8

Haven't watched many movies lately, kinda sad. Zerkalo is still next up though
Very nice, I need to watch more Noe. What's mid right?
Looks like it's time to rewatch Hard to be a God, I don't even really remember liking it or not either
Is that George Washington? Pretty unique, cool movie

Mid right is Come and See

What's the movie on bottom right?