Find a flaw

find a flaw

brotip: you literally can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UXqdCpIUjfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too many whites
No trans representation

Fucking atrocious art style/character design.

>No trans representation

He-She on the left begs to differ

It has probably filled several manlets with unrealistic expectations and delusions.

rhonda is best girl

delete your account

It ended

>girl

If you say so

>6'4" m-m-master race
>6'4" m-m-master race
>6'4" m-m-master race
>6'4" m-m-master race
>6'4" m-m-master race
>6'4" m-m-master race

>that nose

It was a really good show and everything a cartoon about city life and all its eccentricities and dangerous characters should have been. Downtown stunk, by comparison.

GREAT soundtrack youtube.com/watch?v=UXqdCpIUjfQ

This show was my first introduction to jazz and now I have a degree in Jazz Studies and my life is ruined, thanks a lot Hey Arnold!

my guitar teacher has a degree in music. now he has a doctorate, published a book about Miles Davis, teaches a lot, and has a daughter with a beautiful Spanish woman.

>live in the inner city
>one black character

Yes I can, 5 seasons, 100 episodes with only a handful being memorable and the rest just being trash.

Man I Arnold's room sucks now that I think about it

>Sunny day in the summer
>Room becomes a death trap

Unless those roof windows had a cover I never saw

The characters didn't act like kids. I don't know why they set them in elementary school when for all intents and purposes these were 16-17 year olds mentally.

there were retractable metal shutters that he could control with the little remote thing

How did Arnold get around wearing a fucking Kilt in Elementary school in the inner city in the 90's without being mercilessly bullied for it?

I'm sure Stinky slayed on Tinder after he grew out of his awkward childhood phase and became a tall Chad

Ah then it's not so bad then.

It's not a kilt, it's the untucked tail of the shirt he's wearing under the blue sweater.

wtf was his problem?

It's based on Portland.

You what

This. Although it's also based on Seattle, and show itself indicates it's supposed to be set in Washington because of all the place references.

r u whiplash

Arnold becomes much less of a character (and much less of a focal point) as the story goes on and it practically becomes the Helga show but this allows the rest of the cast to grow exponentially becoming fully fleshed out in their own right even if Arnold is left essentially being a mediator to everyone's actions and is just there to give advice. Seriously the change in his characterization is drastic when you watch the first season in compare it to the rest.

they all look like fuckin retards. arnold as a football for a head, and the girl even calls him football head. is that racist? is that biogrty/. is that tht ekind of child cartoon stuff that our chilrdren should be watching? LKike, hey this kid as a football for a head im going to make fun of him for it. And then the kid watching that goes, well this girl on the show is making fn of him for having a football for head, ill make fun of kids with physical deforamtinges at my scool kl

lolwut
The Pig War is definitely a Washington allusion, but how is it not supposed to be Brooklyn?

I barely remember the show, but wasn't there an episode where Arnold or somebody took a ferry to visit a reclusive author on an island reminiscent of those near Seattle?

Yeah but there were also at least five episodes that took place on Coney Island.
Also
>reclusive author
>not east coast
I'm from Washington and never really got into Hey Arnold so I'm interested in any more examples.

yeah isn't NYC the only place where they name schools "P.S. xxx"?

Tbh that transition is when the show was peaking for me. That screencap you post was a cringeworthy moment in the show

Nevermind I googled.
Seattle/Portland/Manhattan
I still think the west coast stuff is less major then the obvious New York setting.

Sorry, but you seem to forget you're not on reddit.
Delete yourself.
Thanks.

Their city is mentioned as being on the Skookumchuck river, Phil worked on the Grand Coulee dam, Harold and Sid sneak onto a train to Wenatchee, Pheobe has a poster in her room for the Tacoma aquarium, and an old man mentions going to Ivar's Fish and Chips in one episode. Pretty much time something location specific is mention it has to do with Washington. Plus, when Helga and her mom are driving back from South Dakota, you can see a sign that says "Welcome to Washington."

I'm not sure why Bartlett decided to base the aesthetic of the show New York, but it's pretty clear that it's supposed to be set somewhere in Washington.

>he doesn't know about Sup Forums premium

>Pretty much time something location specific is mention it has to do with Washington.
I think anything else is NYC specific though.
>Show full of Italians, Jews, and 1st gen European Migrants
>Subway system
>Sewer myth episode
>Coney Island
And then general "vibe" of the show. The idea of kids playing soccer in the street between brick buildings seems quintessentially New York, but maybe that's how Seattle was in the 80s.
I guess the disjointedness was a good idea, it makes for interesting discussion.

What's funny is the show is actually about Helga.

Honestly I was fine with Arnold taking a backseat and my favorite seasons were the later ones. They remind me of the last season of Moral Orel, only much less depressing obviously. We need more shows where the side characters get actual development, and since Hey Arnold is just a kid's show I don't mind that it was at the expense of the main character.

Every time I see this, I think this is clearly the tri state area. But the show description keeps claiming it is the pacific northwest.

the character design isn't sexy enough for me to masturbate to.

Seems like Stinky was originally supposed to be a punk/goth kid, based on the opening. He's got those studded bracelets and an edgy smile. Think Nickelodeon forced a change?

Remember the Aquarium episode? When they release Lockjaw, he swims toward the sunset. The only way there could be an ocean in the west is if the show was set on the west coast.

No part of Seattle looks like that though.

There are parks everywhere, every three blocks is a park.

The school not having a separate field but a large alley is not a est coast thing

Lots of cartoons and kids shows of the era tried to make their setting a vague anytown, USA-type setting. Bartlett's way of doing that was by taking New York aesthetics and placing them in the PNW.

>still believing in round-earth

>voiced by Arnold's original actor
>clearly has Arnold's hair on top

Pure pottery.

The show is set in the fictional city of Hillwood, Washington to answer all your questions

Helga was the main character in the later season. Most monologue were from her

I get the impression the writers said Seattle, but the animators and backgruond artists not knowing a single thing about the place just drew a generic depiction of an inner city.

Or their immediate picture imagined when one hears the phrase inner city.

I like the fact that it didn't really have a focal setting besides his house. I hate shows that rely on one setting, that shit is claustrophobic.
Also it had some ny references like that baseball player

Probably because Arnold is so...dull. He does not really have a lot of character to watch other than incredibly helpful kid helps someone this week. He's just the good natured one that helps a foreign guy or lonely person accomplish something.

Helga gives a much more complex story since she is more like a normal person living a normal life with all the ups and downs.

Reminder that a Helga-based sequel was pitched to Nick but turned down because it was too depressing/edgy.

Also Jungle Movie never ever

The jungle movie is coming out this thanksgiving, it was announced in 2015. You're way behind famalalamdingdong.

I still remember Jennifer Tilly voicing her

arnold was called football head by helga when his head is not shaped like a football at all it's actually shaped like a handegg bit dumb tbqh

Why are they making a jungle movie anyway?

The whole show is about inner city kids, why change the entire setting?

bunny pajamas

Speaking of Hey Arnold, when exactly does someone have to be born to be a "true early 2000s kid"?

The flaw is that my face isn't pressed intro Rhonda's ass.

I'd say a handful means about 35-50 and considering each episode has 2 segments that's a pretty alright return.

The movie and the last two seasons are pretty weak though.

>He does not really have a lot of character to watch other than incredibly helpful kid helps someone this week
They removed a lot of his personality throughout the series, he was a daydreaming kid who pulled pranks and got into trouble and occasionally was the voice of reason but then his character became nothing but a straightman in the later seasons where he was nothing but the voice of reason while the entire episode resolved around the other characters, the only character he doesn't outright preach to is Stinky who had to solve his problems by himself but Sid, Harold, Oscar, and Rhonda were practically trainwrecks without him. They did try the bring back his first season persona in the last season but it felt jarring.

You're right in that Helga was the most complex character on the show and her episodes are almost too real for a kids show (Helga on the Couch).

YOU KEEP DA MONEY!

that scene gave me confidence as a child and i thought it was a legit way to stand up to a bully. fuck i'm autistic aren't I?

Great show. Sometimes guilty of plot contrivances, a few repeats near the end. Made up for by great voice acting and genuine ethos.

I mean it's a kids show so plot contrivances aren't a huge deal. The charm and absurdity is the winner.

it's set in Seattle but they borrowed a more urbanized aesthetic from Brooklyn