Is John Wick kino or tryhard?

Is John Wick kino or tryhard?
Everything Keanu Reeves touches is slowly turning to gold.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGpZ9xaQLYQ
youtu.be/QW2a8PwaqYM
youtube.com/watch?v=jSXn3BKkvdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i just don't know why they made him autistic in the second one

>it's a "henchmen with guns run right up to keanu without shooting one-by-one" scene

I never watched the sequel because I have a feeling it won't be half as good as the original.

its borderline retarded escapism and wick is basically a complete mary sue but it was very enjoyable the first time through

first movie was kino

second movie was tryhard

first one was better

youtube.com/watch?v=iGpZ9xaQLYQ

Came to post this

The action is still top notch, but there's far too much kingsman style fucking bullet proof suit pish for my liking

it has common in it

that says it all really

first was 9/10 imo
second was a downgrade but not by much as far as action sequels go

But Cassian was a good character

It's definitely escapism but visually it's enjoyable and struck a sort of Hotline Miami vibe of violence that I can dig.

Kingsman was certainly something, felt like a hark back to simpler child friendly sort of story with a nice amount of violence

>Autistic
I like how everyone is throwing this word around like it's meaningless.

First one is good, second starts cheesy but gets really good when he shops around for gear before a mission. Not deep movies but enjoyable action.

it wasnt. it was ok, and if you are a keanu fan watch it, but you arent missing anything by not watching the 2nd movie

What's the meaning of the very first scene in JW2 ?

First movie has a KINO first half followed by a meh second half.

Second movie has a meh first half followed by an absolute KINO series of set pieces.

They're both good if flawed films.

>Everything Keanu Reeves touches is slowly turning to gold.
My nigga.

You don't watch John Wick for the story, you watch it for the lore and the fight scenes. It's rare to see Jujitsu in action flicks because of how physically demanding it is and it's even rarer to see fight scenes with so few cuts. The movies subvert expectations with a focus on realism. /k/ loves these movies because of all the tactical reloading which is missing in most action films because guns have infinite ammo. In the second movie his shotgun jammed so he pinned a guy to the wall with the barrel while he cleared it for another shot. The second movie also hyped that dyke from Orange is the New Black as the antagonists dragon, but she got wrecked in 10 seconds because Wick out-muscled her. I hope the third movie has an Enemy at the Gates scene where Wick is being hunted by a sniper.

motorcyclists are colossal faggots. thats it. jw was just taking care of business

>he out muscled her
i loved that, how they showed how realistically a chic would get wrecked. i have this sister in law that watches all this shit where the chics are knocking dudes out left and right, and she thinks if she ever comes up against a rapist or some thug that wants her purse she can take them no problem and shes in for a rude awakening

The reason John Wick is so successful is because of how shit Hollywood is at making action flicks. You just mentioned how having the jiujitsu is awesome, how reloading is awesome, how minimal cuts during the action bits are awesome. That's how trash most action movies are, that John Wick is almost considered "breaking new ground."

You saw it, to a lesser extent, with Dredd in 2012. But the Raid also came out that year, and everyone knows that those Hong Kong guys can do action.

Pretty much

It was pleasant.
It was like a serial escalation of all the things in the first, but I think it knew it was doing that. So it was kind of tongue and cheek.

youtu.be/QW2a8PwaqYM

Not everything.

The one-handed press check was so unessecary but it was still awesome
And that's the m.o. for most the movie

Why can't Keanu Reeves grow a proper beard?

>one-handed press check

I frequent /k/ and I got a slight chuckle out out of Wick pissing on the 1911. These movies are clearly made by gun autists for gun autists. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Hickok45 shows up as a gun merchant in John Wick 3.

He can't grow a proper beard for the same reason he looks pretty young for his age; he's half Asian.

Oh shit that explains a lot about his look that I could never place

"We're all Stardust, baby"

Knowing his history this almost made tear up in his recent interview with Fallon

half asian

can confirm

He is the face of 2017- prove me wrong.

happas are all kinds of fucked

I thought it wasn't as good until I finished it entirely. It has some kino cinematography that elevates it to "almost as good", so it's definitely worth watching.

The ones with Asian fathers tend to be well adjusted. Typically they're more readily accepted as Asian by the Asian community. White mothers open minded enough to lay with an asian dude tend to be pretty chill, unlike the greencard wanting gold diggers that latch onto white cucks. White male/Asian Female creates Elliot Rodgers and Mayli tier sluts. Asian father produce Brandon Li, Keanu, and pure daughters.

Why is everyone on this board so wrong all the time? John Wick was high quality candy. Post modern by convenience. John Wick 2 was killer. For a cynical viewer, the walls were probably too thin between mythos and logos, but a cynical viewer will never appreciate mythos anyway, so why does it matter? The levels of resonance of the sequel were mind numbing. It transformed the empty, nihilistic pursuit of the modern action flick into a baroque Sisyphean orgy. The first John Wick has a false foundation as an excuse for making a movie. The second simply exists of and for itself. The underlying forms start pushing through into their idealized shape. The action has become the false front for a temple of narrative and character. John Wick 2 is something new.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSXn3BKkvdU

who ready for john bourne: the identity trials

I really liked this post. I don't understand any of it but I feel smart because I know some of the words

yeah i just think my ideal john wick 3 would kick the violence up even higher to a hotline miami level to the point where you can't even empathize with wick anymore because hes just become such an unstoppable death machine but i don't really expect that to happen since it would alienate alot of the audience.

>Everything Keanu Reeves touches is slowly turning to gold.
Slowly is the key word. JW was kinda the exception. Most of his stuff seems bad at first, but put it back in the pot to stew for a decade or two and it becomes pure Keanu magic.

You're deriving a little bit too much pleasure from that.

What are you, AO Scott? Stop bending over backwards trying to justify to yourself WHY you like the movie and just enjoy the catharsis.

Christ, I mean... I understand your post.. I even agree with some of it, but c'mon. Step 1 - remove head from ass. You're not pitching your nomination the the academy here, you're posting on a Sup Forums board. Half the people reading this have a vocabulary with less than 1000 words in it.

>"We're all Stardust, baby"
explain

I thought Knock Knock was fucking great.

Just go watch the clip, it's a throwaway comment but it just hit me in a weird way I guess

I was hoping for a link when I asked you to explain, I was trying to find it on my own before I posted ;_;

I just saw the clip on Hulu don't know where else to find it, sorry my man

>lore
Stop using this word, you embarrassing fucking faggot.

it was like The Raid 2 was to 1

John Wick is a Mary Sue

Why is nobody talking about this?

not really a mary sue more of a 'having a headshot super power'

I kinda preferred 2 to 1, though they were pretty different

This is the truth but the asian father has to be a bit alpha at least

Or the kid is destined to be a cuck

I liked when he flew and shit

the first one was pretty exciting and fresh. action scenes that were simultaneously over the top but still grounded by paying extra attention to the small details.

the second film is boring as shit because it doesn't bring anything new to the table. what's worse is that usually people are able to overlook a shitty story because the action is so good. yet somehow the creators managed to write a story that was so poor that it's hard to ignore.

Considering that the whole point of these movies is to watch keanu shoot people, him being a Mary sue is expected. Unless you're a retard. I mean, you don't go into action movies looking for plot, struggle and character development, do you?

1st was kino

2nd was bordering on tryhard

source: silenced pistol scene

it may have been half as good as the original but it definitely wasn't 100%

Is it just me or was Keanu's age really starting to show in the 2nd one?

It was shit.
I wish I never watched it.