Not grounded

>not grounded
>still electrocuted

kek

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/electrocute
engineering.mit.edu/engage/ask-an-engineer/how-do-birds-sit-on-high-voltage-power-lines-without-getting-electrocuted/
miscopy.com/6090/bestgore/man-electrocution-attempt-rescue-electrocuted-india/
youtube.com/watch?v=-s8x2efUY5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not grounded

What? It's an electric fence

This. Explain yourself, OP.

This. The fence itself is pure liquified electricity. It does not need grounding.

electric fences dont work in real life?

>Explain yourself, OP.

OP is a white moron

THIS

FUCK DROOMPF AND FUCK WH*TE PEOPLE

How come the fence didn't electrocute Ellie when she got outside from the raptor in the maintenance shed?

>this is considered b8 on neo-Sup Forums

She was grounded.

Being grounded sux t.bh

kill al white people!

For how long? Do you think she could watch tv or just not go outside?

Are you stupid? If he was grounded he would have electrocuted the entire world.

>"""electrocuted"""
>still wakes up and isn't actually dead

no electricity for one week

Are you pretending to be retarded or merely educated in America?

Being electrocuted doesn't automatically mean you die. Are you stupid?

>tfw I wake up in the morning and am not actually dead

I legitimately don't know what OP is shitposting about. He was holding onto the fence when the power came back on and got shocked. I don't see the issue.

If the rails have different voltages (which they do irl to keep people from just hopping on there and hopping off) it would still work

Though since it's supposed to keep in dinosaurs rather than monkeys there's 0 reason to increast costs and complexity

Am I being trolled? You need contact with the earth to complete the circuit to get shocked

The word electrocuted implies death via shock. The proper term for someone being injured by electricity, but not killed is to say they were shocked.

So you legitimately don't know how voltage works?

>still works well enough to get replies

Something that has bothered me all this time is:

Wouldn't he be glued to the fence once the electricity starts flowing? all of his extremities are touching the fence, why does it just push him back?

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/electrocute
>Injure or kill (someone) by electric shock.

Why are you so autistic

You dont know the voltage between the two rungs he was on

Why do you think birds don't get electrocuted sweetie.

I guess I'm confused. He was holding onto bare metal wires with a current running through them. Wouldn't he have still gotten shocked even though his feet weren't on the ground?

see

Because electrical pole wires are covered in insulation? Unlike electric fences which are bare metal.

>You need contact with the earth to complete the circuit to get shocked
Not if it is liquified electricity

this

How come bug zappers electrocute flying insects?

The insulation doesn't matter, it could perch on bare wire, there's no difference in electric potential

engineering.mit.edu/engage/ask-an-engineer/how-do-birds-sit-on-high-voltage-power-lines-without-getting-electrocuted/

>american education

miscopy.com/6090/bestgore/man-electrocution-attempt-rescue-electrocuted-india/

Electrical engineer here. He will get shocked if the different wires of the fence have different voltages. Otherwise it's the bird-on-a-wire analogy and nothing will happen.

underrated post

>Being electrocuted doesn't automatically mean you die
>words don't mean what they mean anymore
ummm

>I legitimately don't know what OP is shitposting about.
That's because you dropped out of school sometime before physics 1, kiddo. A lot of other things are probably really confusing, too. Don't feel bad though, film directors didn't pass those classes either.

>You dont know the voltage between the two rungs he was on
OK, fair point there. It's a bit of a stretch, but at least it's an explanation.

path of least resistance, the current has no need to run through something as insulated as a body when it can just use the wire

they get killed before they come into physical contact, the voltage is large enough to bridge the gap over air

>electrical engineer
>doesn't know that birds don't get electrocuted because they have rubber feet

>He will get shocked if the different wires of the fence have different voltages
Yeah, agreed. Of course, it would still have to be enough of a difference for the potential to overcome his... y'know what. Nevermind. Just realized I have no idea why I'm bothering to discuss this on /tv.

Electrocution can also mean injured. If someone gets struck by lightning and survives, I would still qualify that as electrocution.

>Yeah, agreed. Of course, it would still have to be enough of a difference for the potential to overcome his... y'know what. Nevermind. Just realized I have no idea why I'm bothering to discuss this on /tv.

this. there is an electrical shield around the bug zapper, consisting of liquified energy.

>they get killed before they come into physical contact, the voltage is large enough to bridge the gap over air
That's only a half explanation. Bug zappers generally have separate wires with different potential. Air is a good insulator, so with just air between nothing happens. But if an insect flies to close the current will arc across the insect, completing the circuit. The little flash is the air / bug heating up as the arc overcomes its resistance.

No you do not, it will complete a circuit from one of your hand to the other passing your heart. Worse still if it's alternating current which will throw your bodies electric cirquitry completely out of whack.

Not to mention, those fences are made for huge dinosaurs. No telling how much they could affect a kid.

So the logic stated by other people here seems sound. He wasn't grounded but he was touching two different wires when the power came back on. Seems like a reasonable explanation. Or at least as reasonable as you can get when questioning a Spielberg adventure movie.

>yfw electrons come from the ground

This is hilarious that finally we get an actual answer, some semblance of normalcy, surprisingly in this troll thread

>No you do not, it will complete a circuit from one of your hand to the other passing your heart.
Except if there's a continuous wire also connecting those two points, which has both lower resistance and a physically shorter path than the kid. Is electricity sentient in your universe?

This is false, yes his body will provide resistance whig means his tissue will heat up, he'd be relatively safe holding on with one hand with thick rubber boots, but with two hands a circuit will complete though his heart. If what you're suggesting were true most home electricity wouldn't work since they're in parallel circuits. According to you all the juice would flow through the appliance with least resistance leaving the rest of the stuff powerless.

wait is that true? I just made that up

kek

>If what you're suggesting were true most home electricity wouldn't work since they're in parallel circuits.
they work because they're all grounded retard. In this case, the body is parallel, yes, but never grounded.

Good thread

best thread on Sup Forums right now

If I jump while putting my finger on the racket while it's activated, will I get shocked?

Why did he throw a piece of wood to see if the fence was active?

You're all wrong. The bug zappers are blessed with holy protection and God smites the insects as they come close.

Because trees generally attract lightning

youtube.com/watch?v=-s8x2efUY5c

Fucking retards.

God IS liquified electricity

Seems reasonable that the rungs on the fence were different voltages. No the dinosaurs weren't climbers but some like the raptors were jumpers.

You people are just so fucking retarded.

He gets electrocuted because his feet were touching a different wire than his hands, and acted as a conductive channel between them.

Had he just been standing on one wire, or was using his hands and hanging from another then this wouldn't have happened.

Turn off your jewish hollywood movies and learn some science

Why do you think birds don't get electrocuted when they stand on electrical wire?

>like a bird on a wire
they use helicopters?

Every other wire is a ground wire.

The real question is why didn't they just crawl through it?

you're grounded, no tendies 4 u

>electric power lineman
is this the next capeshit?

he's not getting electrocuted because he has the equivalent of a faraday cage on.

They do when they try to cross from one wire to another. I've seen it happen, the bird basically explodes, though most places make sure to space the wires far apart enough that the birds can't touch two at the same time.

It doesn't have to be grounded retard, as long as we are talking about your regular 3-phase voltage power lines she would die, since she is holding two different powerlines

>b-but 3 phase voltage lines have the same voltage

Their phase is different, so the moment she grips the power lines, the one at the top has f.e. 20kv of voltage and the other has 10kv of voltage. The circuit is then complete.

the wire beetween the wireing connects it to the ground thus he get shocked

>she
wtf are you talking about its a boy

So how do you all retards explain the shock if she was wearing RUBBER boots!

>repeating shit said in the video

You don't deserve a cracker, Polly.

Several people have already explained this. Why didn't you read the thread first?

because you don't seem to have understood what he said.

>power lines
I don't think electric fences are 3 phase. If they are, for what purpose.

It's over Anakin, I have the ground!

They're not really though at no point does the electricity flow into the ground. The electrons are just oscillating back and forth on the wire if it's AC and flowing continuously in one direction in closed loops if it's DC. Grounding something will short circuit it and blow your fuses.

The kid makes a parallel connection and his resistance is higher which means less power will flow through him than the wire, substantially so, but he's not made of ceramic and the voltage is probably crazy high which means the few amps he's getting is still enough to stop his heart.

Cos what you're not getting is that the kid + the wire has less resistance than just the wire.

>electrical engineer
>doesnt notice all the wires are connected with other wires
>claims they could have different voltage

Pretty sure electric fences are design so that if your hand is touching one line and your foot touches the other you complete the circuit.

hey fucko,
the wires are all connected with the thin wires

so they are all the same phase

He assumed that was a slur against when it only just shows how fucking stupid the morons in the entire thread are. Then he regurgitates info from the video like he won some prize.

Go ahead, take this out of context and turn it back on me because of your knee jerk bullshit.

What makes you think they don't get electrocuted? Birds are serious shit, they don't give a damn

resistance is futile

relax autist, no need to cry about it.

try this faggots

with rubber soled boots

stick a knife in the right side of your socket

nothing will happen

I always use a fork to check for socket-bugs

See . You're the faggot that chimed in without at least skimming through the thread first. Your post was totally unnecessary.

The Faraday cage is only because the helicopter takes a pretty big load of current for it to be brought up to the same electric potential as the wire. If it was only the man, totally grounded from everything, he would only get a quick zap before he is equalized. The helicopter is also constantly losing a lot of electrical potential due to electromagnetic radiation since it has a big surface area. That means it will take in a constant current to replenish the potential.

(you) Sup Forums upvote

At this point this entire board is unnecessary.

All I come here is for Raimi posting, nigger.

Not trolling but isn't that just a regular chain link? You mean the fence door she's hanging on crying right after she got out of the room? Yeah I thought it was just a chain link..although why didn't any other raptors go after her since apparently they were eating Muldoon like a few paces away from her.

You're correct. I'm not sure if that user was baiting or just stupid.