ITT: forgotten comics

ITT: forgotten comics

>Catwoman's story during the time frame of Batman Year One including scenes from Year One retold from the perspective of Catwoman

Is it good?

It's not bad. It's the Year One version of Selina Kyle though, which some people HATE. If you don't mind that version of the character and you like late 80s "gritty realistic" DC then it's worth reading.

>ITT: forgotten comics

Like 99% of comics. They've been making this shit monthly since the late 30's user. Plus the large majority of neo-Sup Forums is just Sup Forums and Sup Forums users here for capeshit threads that haven't read a single pre-1995 comic outside of Alan Moore and Frank Miller

I imagine most would have read action comics 1 and detective 27

You imagine wrong if you think anyone but the thinnest majority of this board has read any comic published in the Golden Age

I've only flipped through it but it's got Ted Grant teaching her to fight. So there's that.

Ugh. No.

Frank Miller's gritty realistic Batman is pure cancer.

meme

Is this the one where they went backwards to point out to the readers that she wasn't a prostitute and was merely winning money by playing dominatrix (meaning no dick inside vagoo action) for rich lonely dudes?

>written by a woman
probably

Pretty sure she still had a pimp in this, so probably not.

Zen Intergalactic Ninja

In Year One, she WAS the pimp, more or less.

Not really. The pimp was that guy that Batman got in a fight with.

I remember I have the first issue of that.

I feel like that was Holly's pimp, not Selina's. Selina seemed like a free agent who didn't need protection and had enough respect to be left alone.

>realistic
No it's just early days. Miller hates "realism" in comics.

hey it's that Dexstarr cat guy

What are you talking about? We get storytimes all the time and golden age Plastic Man is recommended all the time.

Did he actually say this?

Doubtful.

What the hell is batman playing?

yeah. There is a book that's just a transcribed dialogue between him and Eisner that Dark Horse put out. He basically says reality is all the real he needs compared to Eisner whose work, except the Spirit, is all very centered in the real world.

Even The Spirit is more grounded than most vigilante books.

IIRC, this was pretty shitty. Most of the Catwoman comics were until the first ongoing started.

Nah, it was alright.

nah, he's probably right user. Sure they get storytimed, but how many people on this board ACTUALLY read them.