The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 3: New Mutants (Part 36)

Things are about to get hot!

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Everyday Marvel strays further from God's light...

Are you talking about no x-books besides death of X in october ?

The way they drew Magma's lava body on this cover is interesting.

Yes. I am slowly but surely losing faith on that company.

Have faith, fellow followers of the X, for the Uncanny strength of the characters shall guide the writer's back to the true path should they stray for too long...

I don't know man, it does feel pretty hopeless...

>that 3rd panel

Maybe a billionaire will buy the rights from Marvel/Disney some day?

Err... no comment there.

Although to be fair, NY getting fucked up was a pretty common visual back before 9/11.

the fetish maid costumes have taken away the awkwardness from that

While I hate how Marvel treats them these days I don't know if I want to see the X-Men out of the MU. As we'll see along this storytime, the muties have been an important cornerstone of the Marvel universe for a long time.

Trust me, the zeitgeist has a healing factor.
Ideas and concepts always have a way of course-correcting when enough people of goodwill are involved.
That's kinda a principle of constitutional democracy, the foundation of American governance, and if that can keep the U.S, going for over 200 years, I'm sure it can keep something really important, like the X-Men, from self-destructing too.

They've been cancelled before

Let's hope you're right.

Doesn't this lead to a really weird Conan thing happening?

True, but that was back when Marvel couldn't really afford to waste any characters, so they would never be away forever.

What was so weird about Pimp Conan, the barbarian?

How are you guys doing tonight?

That shit was fucking awesome.

Bump

when i first read Claremont I stalled forever because of this issue. Conan don't do it for me.

i wonder if these'll be reprinted ever

How many #1s of Uncanny X-Men are out there? it's gotta be at least five...

>An Age Undreamed Of
That's how you know you're in Conan territory.

I think just 3? Lee/Kriby, Bendis/Bachelo(?), and Bunn/Land. Claremont/Lee was just X-Men

man that's a fucking cliff

I wonder if they planned for Barry Windsor Smith to draw this or an issue in this arc.

Four.

You forgot Gillen/Pacheco.

By the way, is the lack of shirtless men in this line-up fucking bullshit or what?

Shit... what a short run, i guess i assumed he wrapped up the original Uncanny #

That's modern Marvel for ya.

I'll admit this Conan shit really does come out of nowhere but it's fun.

Why isn't Strange solving this problem?

i like this scene of mutant racism

Oh. Smart thinking because Strange ends fools. Dracula and the vampire race found out the hardest way possible.

i'm laughing really hard at him (seemingly) randomly wanting revenge on Spider-Man

that's a fun What If...

Gath and Spidey have crossed paths before.

What if? Strange murdered the entire vampire race one time. The Doc in his prime was NOT to be fucked with.

No, there's a what if where he doesn't and Wolverine becomes a vampire and the Punisher has to Frank vampires.

It may not be from the same story but still Strange vs Vampires.

did he just eat her?

Because of this cover I always think this issue is an Avengers issue crossing over into the Conan story

>Xavier's outfit
Anyone else remember Malvolio's crossed yellow garter's on Twelfth Night?

is this the first tentacle hands? Because it becomes a pretty big claremont trope.

I think so, yeah.

I enjoy they aren't even gonna try and explain how Vision would work in Conan land

wait did he just change star fox's clothes?

>my darling rahne

Claremont doesn't even try to be subtle

Enchanted statue maybe?

Dani and Rahne have a more sister thing iirc.

I would never refer to my sister as my "darling"

Why would you say that? Why would you take this from us? ... We have soo little.