Dan Slott's Reacts to BleedingCool

Get ready to laugh.

theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135760-thanks-to-rich-johnston-only-10-of-cbr-readers-excited-for-marvel-now.html

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=443&view=results&msg=voted
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>linking directly to that shithole

>theouthousers
leave

why does Slutt cares anyways?

Shame on Dan Slott.

And shame to Outhousers, for oppressing free journalism and can't stand criticism about Marvel's crap.

I' m done with Marvel, their fascistic methods, and their butt kissing lackies.

SHAME.

If people aren't excited for Marvel's books, isn't that their fault for making such uninteresting books?

I mean, you can't really force Normies to be excited for the Solo solo (heh). And some of the cover are just plain dumb (like Medusa cutting her hair).

Even if Rich was sucking their dicks calling the covers the greatest covers ever conceived by man, would everyone still be excited for this relaunch?

*pulls butthole aprt adn farts cum*
nice link

I don't think even comic fans are excited about the relaunch. Nothing except renew your vows and Ewing's two books sound exciting. Looks like Marvel wants even Seeley to be DC exclusive now.

From what I've seen it's only been Renew Your Vows.
After that I think Marvel's sales will tnak.

Actually the article tears into marvel pretty good.

comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=443&view=results&msg=voted

Sup Forums defends Rich now? Dudes a jackass, he's wrong all the time and adamant about being wrong.

I don't like Slott either but still.

If it's so good then copy and paste it here.

Even the ComicsAlliance people are mad at Marvel

Because Slot is a bitch, and if he feels bad, I get happy.

Dan tried... even if his writing isn't the best, he tried to salvage the falling kingdom in a failed attempt to save it. This... wasn't the plan.

What does that even mean?

They must be on strike against Marvel or something.

Gays want a Gay pandering comic

Their demand is unreasonable considering DC delivered with Midnighter and the floppy, digital, and trade sales weren't there to sustain it. Marvel already has enough low-sellers subsidized by Star Wars.

I used to post on the outhouse when it was a liferaft from talk@newsarama after they switched board software.

Rich can be very annoying (and that is very much An understatement). But Marvel is blaming Rich for taking the piss out of the books saying they are losing billions of potential fans because he mocked some of their terrible covers and book ideas. Shit, it's not like Rich hasn't given the same treatment to DC comics before. But some people can't take the bantz.

but Midnighter wasn't announced on the View, so it doesn't matter.

The upcoming mini was announced on the New York Times, not that it's going to make much difference sales-wise.

Well, what did they expect?
Splastick? Solo? Foolkiller? Squirrel Girl and Hellcat are still cancelled? 2 Spider-man books, 2 Thor, 2 Capt. America books, 2 Iron-man books?
Do they want to fail? Do they want us to hate them? Do they simply not care?

>DC delivered with Midnighter and the floppy, digital, and trade sales weren't there to sustain it
That's true, but at the same time they still let the book run 12 issues and are now giving him another mini.

Rich is annoying and 95% of the stuff on Bleeding Cool is pointless filler with no news.

BUT it's almost the only comic site what has actual comics news. Everything else is regurgitated press releases + petulant politicized criticism, a weird co-dependent relationship with the big two.

If you actually want to get some news that the companies don't want you to know - i.e. actual news - BC is the only place at the moment.

Companies aren't obligated to take a loss on specific pet projects. They already have Hellcat and Moon Girl taking up space in that niche.

Yeah but the LGBT community doesn't care unless one of the big names turns out to be gay.
It's not that they want some newcomer to be gay, it's that they want one of the big names to be gay.

Thanks for sharing, Rich. Now fuck off

It's not really the LGBT community as a whole, it's a small subset of very vocal people on social media. They either hate something or don't care about it.

>It's not really the LGBT community as a whole

stating that there is a "community" based on what people do with their genitals in the first place is retarded

True.

Gay people are a very small minority, meanwhile people who hate gays are a big majority.

Most gays want to make a straight hero gay out of spite.

what? but there are. fetishists hang together.

Not everybody is a characterfag. They don't have many writers worth checking out.

For some reason DC doesn't count to Comics Alliance.

Either Midnighter/Apollo aren't gay enough, or they weren't going to buy it anyway and just wanted it to exist. In a lot of these cases, people will do anything to have X in these comics, but stop short of actually purchasing them.

This. They have Ewing and Spencer (though the later is merely "okay" in my book), and I'm willing to check out the guys writing Slapstick, but that's about it.

marvel shills everything so it's not really unreasonable for people to ask them to shill a gay character

and anyway the mercs from the deadpool book got ongoings that will last for 6 or 7 issues yet they can't be half assed to let a gay character that'll last 6 or 7 issues again

then again even when angela got one, alonso couldn't even say she was gay and just said "we don't want to put labels on her" so maybe they really wouldn't shill a gay character for whatever reson

A lot of gay readers found Middy to be to violent for their taste.

That's why they're called sissies, user.

This is hilarious, but I still wish twitter wasnt a thing

Septa Unella pls

arn't there dozens and dozens of gay characters now? what does he even mean?

I thought the point of Angela and Midnighter was to have gay characters who weren't spotlighted simply because they were gay.

Like, Marvel/DC wanted people picking up the books for the stories they told, not because they were looking to score points with the SJWs.

Not him but here are some excerpts:

>The comics industry is in crisis tonight following Bleeding Cool rumormonger Rich Johnston's careless publication of every single one of Marvel's San Diego Comic Con announcements in a series of 1-2 sentence clickbait articles earlier today.

>While some might argue that the lack of excitement from CBR readers, easily the most easily excited readers in all of fandom, is due to Marvel's nonstop cycle of boring super-mega-crossover events, #1 issue relaunches and reboots, stunt deaths and other gimmicks, and constantly rising price point, the fact is that this is all the fault of Rich Johnston. Just ask Dan Slott: [pic related]

>Maybe if the simple leak of a press release totally undercuts the entire comic, the comic wasn't that good in the first place? Nah...

>If only there were some way for readers who didn't want to have comics announcements spoiled by Bleeding Cool to avoid reading the website. Wait a minute... could they... not read it?

>No, that would be crazy. Hopefully, Dan Slott can yell Rich Johnston off the internet and make the world safe for multinational conglomerates and the sycophantic media outlets that love them again.

Marvel let a bunch of d list mercs have books that won't go past 6 or 7 issues yet won't have a solo with a gay character.

Also MAC is probably the biggest gay character on any of the covers. Not really seeing that much else.

>Angela
Alonso literally said they "didn't want to put labels on her" when her gayness came up so she's not really the best example to use.

And DC put the Midnighter/Apollo mini on NYT so they're getting better at promoting stuff.

Truoble is that SJW's don't give a shit about stories of a couple of no-names.

Compare what would happen if somebody like Superman came out as gay, SJW's would buy the books non-stop.
It's not about the story, it;s about the character being "progressive".

Enemy of my enemy...

>If only there were some way for readers who didn't want to have comics announcements spoiled by Bleeding Cool to avoid reading the website. Wait a minute... could they... not read it?

He wants a solo with a gay character, especially since Slapstick and other characters that won't last more than 7 issues have a solo.
They already had a bunch of ANAD solos that didn't get past 7 so marvel knows that the random characters they chose this time probably won't go past.

>Marvel wanting people to pick up books because of the stories they told and not to score SJW points.

Mercs for Money #5 38,694
Midnighter #5 13,235

You can see why they're reluctant.

>fetishists hang together.

I am pretty sure that at best is a very loose definition of "community"

DEADPOOL and Mercs for Money

The Deadpool part is important.

I used her as an example because of that, I meant that even though she was clearly a lesbian, Marvel didn't want to just label her gay and move on, they wanted the story to tell that rather than the writer in an interview, I respected Marvel a lot for that.

Yeah, I know the unreasonable section of them look at Kenan Kong and say "We want an All New All Gay Superman" and those people are wrong.

The Vision is about the only story-driven Marvel book I can think of, so point you, user.

lol why is Dan mad
its not as if they'll surprise people with their garbage
might as well leak it and save people from going to their panel

Yes, and Deadpool spun out of X-Force which replaced New Mutants which spun out of X-Men. This is the tried-and-true "throw things at the wall and see what sticks" Marvel method.

How about leaking that magazine all at once? Rich would be BTFO in that situation.

Yeah
That's why people are mad tho

>Either Midnighter/Apollo aren't gay enough, or they weren't going to buy it

I would gather the amount of people who actually BUY comics because of a gay character are far less then the number of people who bitch about having gay characters and even far lee than the people who will avoid a gay character.

It is stupid to pander to SJW retards

>Fucking Rich Johnson! Because of him people aren't excited for the garbage Marvel is telling us to like!

Wait, wasn't Comics Alliance also jumping on the "Deadpool's totes pansexual" bandwagon a little while back? Did they stop labeling Deadpool as queer now?

She's so fucking boring.

So they have an unexciting lineup and are surprised when nobody is excited?

This is all on Marvel.

The one time the DC twitter tweeted about Midnighter a bunch of faggy hipsters and SJW cried about DC being stereotypical with having a gay guy in leather.

Honestly these people don't deserve Midnighter.

It means that Marvel remains very skittish about gay characters compared to DC. While they certainly *have* them, they're notably hesitant to put them anywhere but in youth team books (such as Young Avengers or the X-kids book du jour), and not even in all of them. They have no real equivalent to Batwoman or Midnighter - an openly gay adult hero who has had their own solo title, even for a time, or openly gay heroes in the major teams. Even Captain Marvel, for all the commentary about how she looks more like a butch lesbian with each passing year, remains steadfastly heterosexual, officially speaking.

And trans characters (that aren't shapeshifters)? Fuggedaboutit.

The problem with Deadpool is that they always say he's pan, yet never show anything for it. All of his relationships and one-night stands were with women.

Hey Marvel, still waiting on that Citizen V you said you were putting out the LAST time you did a Marvel NOW release!

Most of the things with men are for joking purposes so I don't really blame them for not counting it if they don't desu

>Honestly these people don't deserve Midnighter.
Fuck'em. I'm straight, but I'm supporting the Midnighter books, because he's the first gay character I like. Well, him and Constantine, though the later's bi.

"Waaaaahhh, this has never happened to anybody else in any other industry before let alone my own, how could I see this coming."

You're going to make Bendis cry.
Northstar did actually have his own mini in the mid-90s.

>do awful things to Spider-Man for over a decade

>awful things happen to you

why is he complaining, this is just

That's more people deciding he is and the editors not really giving enough of a shit to correct them.

i can see why marvel's upset. they have to wait six whole months before they can relaunch again.

Is there a bigger manchild in comics than Dan Slott?

Fucking ouch.

I hear Alan Moore get tossed around in that pariticular discussion.

One can only hope The Clone Conspiracy not having Spider-Man in the title and Renew Your Vows becoming the Amazing Spider-Man book means he's off for good after it finishes.

This is honestly nothing compared to several video game leaks, but I don't see this much whining in comparison.

Wait, Slaptstick is getting his own book?

Don't these chucklefucks know that in order for Slapstick to work, he's got to be FUNNY?

>With friendly internet personalities like Dan Slott behaving so cordially on Twitter, one would expect Marvel's fanbase to be more excited than ever for their upcoming relaunch. However, thanks to no good scoundrels like Rich Johnston, all of it is ruined and Marvel will just have to cancel all these books and relaunch their universe again after only 8 issues, a full 4 issues earlier than they had originally planned.

So nice seeing people taking the piss out of Marvel for a change.

Pfft, what a faggot.

>You're going to make Bendis cry.

Could I?

Look at the cover to see what tone it's going for

It's happened before.

Which is kinda funny considering a common defense for established characters being retconned as gay/bi/etc. is that a character not showing on-screen interest in the same sex doesn't mean they aren't gay/bi/etc.

Though it makes sense: Deadpool became a massive pervert because there's more comedic opportunities to be had by doing so, and labeling him as pansexual was an easy way to try and score brownie points without having to actually change anything. But that obviously wouldn't appeal to the Comics Alliance people and their ilk.

>Van Lente
Not sure if want. He likes to pander to the Internet Meme Machine.

>Marvel producing 90% shit titles
>most of the good titles are marginalised and/or cancelled
>people are losing interest
>DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONTROL!
>BLAME IT ON SOME RETARD WHO LEAKED NEWS AND GAVE US FREE PUBLICITY!
>AVOID TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY!

Slott is a retard.

So it appears the worm has turned at last for Marvel

Everyone's finally getting tired of their shit

It sounds like he's more pissed because everything leaked was the material they were going to announce at their ComicCon panel, but Slott's still a retard if he thinks any of this shit was actually panel material.

>Most gays want to make a straight hero gay out of spite.
Speaking as an actual gay guy, this is hilariously wrong. If they're going to have a gay character, I'd perfer it to be an actual solidly thought out character and not one that suddently became gay for shock value. The people you're thinking of who want to turn existing A-listers gay are straight (predominantly white) women who want to do so because they either think it's progressive or for fanfic value.

So wait do they mean ACTUAL reveals like spoilers or is he whining that instead of a short blurb on some solicit site, his book was announced in a short blurb on some comic blogger site?
Nah we say this everytime Marvel is in some sort of controversy then they still manage owning half the charts the next month.

>The people you're thinking of who want to turn existing A-listers gay are straight (predominantly white) women who want to do so because they either think it's progressive or for fanfic value.

Pretty much. Most of them want their favorite characters to be gay to match their wank material.

Oh, this isn't what I wanted.

Did people get really hurt in his old stories?

I kind of felt that all of the violence was cartoonish and silly.

To be fair, Ewing did try to upgrade Wiccan and Hulkling to the big leagues. I don't know if it actually took though.

DCYou 2.0