Explain this Sup Forums

Explain this Sup Forums
>Only 6 percent of scientists identify as Republican
>whereas 55 percent identify as Democratic

Other urls found in this thread:

people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/
youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE
youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2853855/Scientist-discovered-DNA-forced-sell-Nobel-prize-shunned-inflammatory-race-comments.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>source: my ass

it's pew
people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

>only 1 percent of journalists identify as leaning right
>whereas 99 percent of journalists identify as leaning left

really makes you think

wtf i'm with her now

That leaves 39% smart enough to not give any kind of shits.

>really makes you think
that's not how this meme works, retard. You post it in response to shitty infographics, not to actual stats

>>only 1 percent of journalists identify as leaning right
>>whereas 99 percent of journalists identify as leaning left
that's irrelevant to the stats about scientists tho. rlymakesyouthink huh?

Scientists are hostile to republicans which keeps republicans from choosing to become scientists.

kill yourself

>not giving a shit about the world around you is smart
k

go back to the forest Varg, where there are no liberals to show you what reality looks like

Democrats tend to support more funding for scientific research projects.

In this age it is. The more narcissistic you are, the more useful you are for marxist society.

>Telling someone how a meme works

wut

what? you mean the experts on Sup Forums aren't actually professional scientists?

I'm just fucking shocked, let me tell you...

because they realize scientific people who don't believe in magic books can come from any culture to create a large variety of cures and discoveries with their potential environmental knowledge

Identifying yourself as a conservative in academia is a great way to get blacklisted.

>666

nice try Ayn Rand

This actually.

Republicans are very anti-science compared to Democrats, and if we're not talking about military technology, then Republicans have 0 interest in it.

>scientist intellectuals

>scientists grew up in wealthy places with good schools
>went to private schools
>never had to deal with poor people
>only minorities they met were also intelligent, nice people in similar positions
>never had to deal with the hordes of feral niggers and spics
>no idea of what life is like outside of cushy existence
>no idea of the true nature of lesser races

Stick a democrat scientist in Detroit for 6 months and he/she will come out of there either dead or a Republican.

this

Where does most funding come from?

wtf i hate trump now

>work in pharmaceutical industry
>everyone I know is republican or heavily right-leaning "independent"

I literally have never met a person in this field who left leaning outside of academia.

Why wouldn't scientists support Democrats when they throw tax dollars at them in the form of grants and expanding the power of the Dep't of Education?

Gee OP, do you think they follow the money?

Scientists are fucking redditors when it comes to anything not in their particular field.

Pretty much this

Most research in govt funded.

In russia during the soviet era there was a great purging of none kike intellectuals

there are a lot of idiots in russia as a result of this today

"Scientist" in the West is now basically a welfare job for people who produce left-wing ideology. You can see the shift from academic science that actually discovered stuff starting in the 1960s, the new developments after that have mostly come from the corporate world while Western universities have become basically institutions more interested in covering up emprirical evidence that contradicts Marxism.

None of the past pioneers of discovery like Newton, Aristoteles etc were professional "scientists" the way we have "scientists" today and there's no reason to expect "scientists" to have anything worthwhile to say about anything.

>tfw surgeons are more conservative than physicians

>theys givin us a hard time for our ideologies and sheeeeeiittt

kek
Carson was a brain surgeon right?

Scientists are just blind zealots.

t. Republican Mathematician

That's actually really cool. Is it supposed to be some overcomplicated walker?

It's because the republican party has been ruined.

THERE ARE NO PARTY THAT IS FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

The republicans had it right at first.

We need to fight for the freedom of speech, the only thing that can save the west from becoming the third world, instead of the third reich.

UNCONDITIONAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE

This is going to sound like a shitty response, but many scientifically minded people are absolutely shit at common sense, and many other things. There are many kinds of intelligence, and scientists tend to be more technical. That's why they don't make good polititians, generals, ect. because all those things require a certain kind of intelligence that are seperate from the other.

>dat webm

It was cute when the asian girl did this, it's just looks gross with a white girl tho

Yeah, scientists support who will give them grants, and thus the pro-science party. Plus, scientists are often part of academia, and people who go into academia tend to be people who put their passions before money. That mindset tends to align more with liberal policies.

>psychiatry
>doctor
AHAHAHA

Also lel at all the liberals making comparatively shit.

>Republicans are very anti-science compared to Democrats

No, they're not. They just don't think the government should fund it.

To get your answer you have to get the answer to these questions:
Who funds the scientist?
Who funds the scientists more?
Answer 1: the government
Answer 2: the Democrats
picture unrelated

Was gonna link a post and say "this" but too many posts. Science is funded by government so of course scientists would be big government voters.

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk

They're focusing more on science than they are on politics

>works in pharmaceutical industry

using the most crooked, criminal industries as an example doesn't really add onto your point comrade.

>he doesn't know the difference between psychiatry and psychology
Seriously, the stupidity on this board is becoming unbearable. A psychiatrist went to med school, you retard.

This

I work in a biochemist lab at university and there are a multirange of people, still predominately white. most of them either lean left because they are in a diverse group of sciency friends or choose independency. it seems they aren't against being republican but more displeased with how much more vocal against science the the far right is than the far left (most of them are agnostic or very casually christian, don't go to church and do tons of degeneracies but believe in god) than again i live in jew york so their views are probably skewed

Which leaves 39%, 39% who might not have spoken out for being republican as being republican can damage your carreer, wheras being democrat is the "norm" in public life, and for public figures translates as "I'm one of the good guys".

The additional gap could be accounted for when you recognize that colleges are notorious liberal indoctrination camps. So people who spend more time in them are more likely to fall for it, even though being educated in sciences does not mean you have any insight in politics what so ever.

Science has nothing to do with political standing.

About politics.

Yes, nowadays.I fail to see how this proves anything.

They are shunned into not revealing their power level.

Similar to how gays used to be.

So are psychiatrists the ones who try to correct mental disorders and psychologists the ones who try to bullshit the reasoning behind disorders?

>Explain this Sup Forums
>Only 6 percent of scientists identify as Republican
>whereas 55 percent identify as Democratic

because if you identify as a republican in academic circles, you will be considered an outcast. in that profession, having no "friends" is a career killer.

same reason nobody in hollywood admits it. the only people willing to do it are people with no careers to destroy, or people whose careers are too big to destroy (like eastwood).

Yeah psychiatrists are the ones who pump you with medicine and psychologists the ones who try to talk you out of it.

Whereas engineers are more likely to be Republican.

Perhaps its because they deal in objective reality, while science remains a world of fantastical ifs.

"scientist" is a really fucking loose term nowadays

there's gender studies "scientists" all sorts of similar bullshit

psychiatrists give you drugs.

psychologists talk.

They are told too.

If they go against the narrative that we are all equal they get discredited and shamed out of the field.

You pretty much have to be a leftist to be in higher education or no one will fund your research.

As someone trying to make a career in academia, this is true, especially in the arts and humanities

Well apparently scientists are all a bunch of self-destructive cuckolds.

Nerds are cucks

Had this 80 year old engineering prof one time that was rightwing as fuck. We had an oral final exam about stress gauges in his office and while we're waiting in the hall, medicare calls and he starts cussing them out and turned into a completely different person. It was like that movie "Taken" where my prof literally said "I will find you and I will hunt you down and cut your head off." He actually said that while we're waiting out in the hall to do our exam.

>Calling yourself a Republican damages your scientific career

When will you stop deluding yourselves into believing such bullshit? You think when your peers are going to review your paper they will give a fuck if you're a liberal or a conservative?

It just happens that conservatives are mostly anti-science. All anti-science movements like anti-vaccines and global warming denial come from conservatives. Conservatives also enjoy cutting science budgets.

Democrats, left wing people in general, are very intolerant about other people's ideas and if they are close to the majority in an area they will shun those who won't share their opinions.

So you'll probably find republicans hidden in the remaining 39% and even republicans who lied in the 55%.

>I've never done anything in academia

Cool.

>You think when your peers are going to review your paper they will give a fuck if you're a liberal or a conservative?

Yes

>Scientist who discovered DNA forced to sell his Nobel prize after being shunned for inflammatory race comments

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2853855/Scientist-discovered-DNA-forced-sell-Nobel-prize-shunned-inflammatory-race-comments.html

Anti-vaxx is more a liberal thing these days.

most of the scientists i work with grew up quite poor..i think i'm honestly the exception in coming from a higher end family.. your hypothesis is as stupid as you (hint:very).

lmao.. holy shit...this is it, peak Sup Forumstarded. scare quotes, talking out of ass, psuedo-intelligence, broad sweeping generalizations. you're it mate, you hit all the bingo points, passed go, collected 200 funbux. kys

>my broad sweeping generalization that proves my GED actually makes me smarter than someone with a Ph.D that could poke holes in my logic faster than my mom poked holes in the condom that spawned by retarded ass

>A fucking television host

Oh gee whiz, I wonder which party (((he))) prefers.

Yeah, everybody in the whole world will know you are republican because you told it in an anonymous survey...

Most of the companies, government funded medias which will hire you once trained as a journalist are overwhelmingly left leaning. So to begin with people who are right leaning won't think going to a journalism school is a good idea for their career.

Then the few reckless ones who still became journalist will be quickly culled as there are way more candidates than positions to be filled in this profession.

liberals have made college campuses their base of operation. Sad, but true.

Did you watch the video (((idiot))) or do you want to discourage people from watching it for some reason?

Republicans are historically superior for funding.

Why dont they study genetics and race? Are they trying to hide something?

Being a part of the super small fraction of totally redpilled right wing scientists is the best.

Scientists, like all people, think and behave in accordance with the strictures of their profession. In their case, the nature of their profession is that they live on research funding, mostly provided by government. Because of this, whatever clique constitutes the government is who you must whorishly feign a natural and eternal love for.

In other words, when the nation is controlled by Republicans, scientists tend to be Republicans. When the nation is controlled by Democrats, magically they are now "lifelong" Democrats.

It's pretty simple stuff. The challenge comes in seeing past their usual scientist lying and acting, where they pretend like they're sincere and objective people, when they're just streetwalkers in disguise.

Physics major here.
This is completely correct.
You don't talk about it if you ever want a job.

> Liberal Arts Degrees
> Scientists

Oh, definitely.
Remember that guy who landed a space probe but got reduced to tears after everyone gave him shit nonstop for the rather risque shirt he was wearing (that a female friend had actually made for him, no less).

wtf I hate science now

99% of scientists are socially awkward cuckolds. They invent us infinitely useful tools and luxuries, then watch subhumans effortlessly take their women. They earn a PhD and earn 6 figures, just for a chance at this woman's consideration, but the woman will ditch to suck a 95 IQ dick at the sound of a cat call. Really makes you think.

Yes, because it's impossible to identify the person you're calling...

You obviously never went to uni

mo money fo dem programs

Must be because the GOP is the party of racism and demegogery. Only the uneducated and racist vote for it. Why do you think Trump's doing so well there?

>> under bush hang yourself

that must really suck

they couldn't give less of a shit about other people's petty squabbles so they have to put up and lie about their opinions

i pity the cucks who think politics matter

so what you're saying is 39% of scientists are smart?
Sounds higher than the average population

Most of "science" in USA is stuff like "gender studies", of course all of them are hardcore "democrats".

You did see they only chose members of the AAAS for the survey. AAAS left-leaning organization, so many Republican scientists probably wouldn't like it very much.

In 2003 there were 21,647,000 scientists in the US. In 2006 there were 22,630,000 scientists in the US

The membership of the AAAS was 138,000 in 2000

Thus establishing the FACT that membership in the AAAS is a very tiny fraction of the total number of scientists in America.

This makes a mockery of that survey. I personally believe the AAAS to be mainly a political organization.

Scientist here.

I work in cancer genetics. Just finished my PhD, have a handful of publications.

The majority of other scientists I know are left wing. Some painfully so, but most just seemingly by default.

I'm definitely right wing, and it did worry me for a while that most of my very well educated colleagues disagreed with me so fundamentally.

My theory is that:
1) Scientists are generally very idealistic, which lends itself to a left wing worldview. Right wing solutions are pragmatic but often counter intuitive and seemingly unkind.

2) The most educated people in a particular field can be incredibly ignorant in another. I follow politics very closely, most of my colleagues don't but are just as opinionated.

3) There's a bit of groupthink going on. It's quite taboo to be right wing so a lot of people will just keep quiet.

Plus, importantly, I've met several very intelligent right wing scientists. Numbers don't particularly matter. It's very common in science that the majority are wrong.

/thread

Well, most republicans are bible-thumping autists that want to ban science, so it's not surprising.