*inhales* AHAHAHAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=gvxNaSIB_WI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zJYCw-mE3hs
youtube.com/watch?v=QnTqglRb3_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i like where they try to enact moments that are only passable in anime

So why is Light looking like a school shooter? Why is L a nigger?

>le progressive blind casting

AHAHAHA NIGGER LMAO ISNT RACISM FUNNY??????

Because only niggers take L's

Looks like a good show ruined by Netflix's usual terrible production.

>Why is L a nigger?
because we need more diversity, are you a bigot?

it isn't that funny

we wuz pickle rick ha ha ha kekistan1

Clever, but I'd work on the wording

You ok?

That's not even close to racist by Sup Forums standards, newfriend.

uh excuse me sjw neofag you realize the egyptians were actually white and not pickle rick?

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE AND FUCK RONALD PUMP

WITH WHITE POWER COMES
GREAT WHITE RESPONSIBILITY

Looks ok to me, but then again I'm not some autistic weeb who demands absolute adherence to the source material.

Why are weebshits so mad about this adaption anyway? Didn't Japan make several live action movies based on this? They've already got their coveted live action adaption with Nip actors, so sit down and shut the fuck up.

I hope Hollywood keeps making live action adaptions of anime with white people so that weebs drown in their own tears.

Everything about this adaptation is wrong apart from Willem Dafoe.

I'm fine with L being black and long as the character matches.

L is supposed to be disheveled and almost robotic. This guy is neither of those things

They better include potato chip scene.

>its a netflix joint

>tfw they´ll make L a #blacklivesmatter supporter, even mentions Deray´s tweets about Kira

i don't mind L being a nigger but this guy call press conference, that's too much bullshit

nobody asked for this

>mfw all these triggered weebs
>mfw I don't give a fuck about the show and will see this just for Margaret Qualley

>mfw they put in antifa and BLM iconography

I used to think like you, but then you start to realize that black actors only take these roles because a bunch of Jews in a boardroom decided it must be so.

L is a pale, malnourished, autist whose very existence is only known to like a dozen people around the world...he's not dressing up as antifa, going in front of the cameras, and chimping out over the phone. Also, he's not a nigger.

he also wears shoes

Who gives a shit what race L is. The issue I have with him is that he shows up in public and acts like some kind of great leader when he's supposed to be soft spoken and socially awkward.

Ladies and gentlemen, train wreck of the year

does Sup Forums even give a shit about this? isn't death note their version of entry level pleb?

Can we discuss how they are clearly making Kira into an edgy school shooter white kid?

Race issues aside, looks like they totally butchered L's character. Can't really tell with Light and Misa from just this trailer, but it looks like they're going more for an action movie instead of the cat-and-mouse game of the anime.

Fuck

>Who gives a shit what race L is
Why make it a notebook Light writes in? Why not make it so he has an @Kira twitter account and he hashtags criminals to death? Also, why can't Ryuk be a giraffe

look at this dude

Honestly, the biggest red flag from this trailer was when Light said, "We aren't the good guys anymore."

This is retarded, considering that Light Yagami never thought of himself as anything less than God. Not once did he even consider that he might be in the wrong.

>L is a pale, malnourished, autist

Apparently the Seattle police also let him use their podiums for press conferences.

he even writes in an edgy fashion

Not even the show made this much of a fuss about the original notebook.

Because Ryuk being a giraffe instead of a demon affects the plot. Because a Kira twitter account instead of a notebook affects the plot.

>@Kira twitter account and he hashtags criminals to death?
I would unironically watch this

>a shit adaptation of a shit series
who cares

He could be a demonic giraffe and he could give Kira a demonic twitter account. Honestly, I don't care about these minor details as long as they get the character right

He's an outgoing black guy that raps and is covered in tattoos now.

what an absolute faggot.

Kira/DN in general are incredibly edgy already

it looks kino

It was pretty big when it was serialized and when it aired but has been Facebook tier for almost a decade now.

What? What the fuck are you talking about? I honestly can never tell if Sup Forums racism is a meme or not, but regardless it's fucking retarded and takes away from actual discussion.

Knock it off

I'll watch it for Jill and the voice acting for the death god
which sounds like enough reason to me

>light: We're not the good guys anymore

Jesus christ how could they miss the mark this much? Light never comes to terms that he's a villain.

No you disgusting piece of shit. It's not funny

....what's this?

...a fellow gentleman of intellect?

You, sir. I like you.
*doffs trilby*

>voice acting for the death god
that looks to be the only positive thing I can see from these trailers

Oh, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll get a redemption arc that ends with him giving up the notebook and making peace with L after they decide Ryuk is the real villain.

Totally agreed. It really sucks that they fucked Light up this much.

I mean, even the last name. Turner? At least make it three syllables so it flows similarly to the original name.

Light Williams. Light Anderson. Something other than "Turner".

God damn weebs are pathetic.

It's amazing how they're able to mess things up given how America seems a more natural setting with its crime rate being exponentially greater than Japan's.

No, you see, he needs to be named "Turner" because it symbolizes him *TURNING* evil under the influence of the notebook, and once he realizes this, he will *TURN* back into the plucky helper who stands up for the downtrodden being beaten up by jocks because he's a hero.

in the series that's what he says after he sees a jew who's name he thought he wrote down

have you seen Death Note R?

Good one I also hate jews XD this is funny to me XD

I don't remember this at all are you sure? If I recall correctly Light is completely deluded up until the very end.

>i can't into basic puns
Light's name was a pun too.

What the fuck is this?

>Death Note R?
What?

Abdul Adl Aswad: eats a grenade

What?

>we've contacted twitter admins and they're pulling the account L
>youtube.com/watch?v=zJYCw-mE3hs starts playing
>SIR THERE ARE MULTIPLE KIRA ACCOUNTS NOW!
>WHAT!
>make sure you lock down all accounts with Kira in the name look for strings of numbers at the end
>SIR HE'S TRENDING

>Abdul Adl Aswad
don't think he needed to write that down,I'm sure he would have done it himself

No no, I understood the double meaning to his name. That doesn't stop it from being incredibly on the nose and retarded.

Like I said, having his name flow is more important than a shitty pun.

I don't weab hard enough to know what "Yagami" means.

Lefties love to bitch about "whitewashing", but how do they feel about an Asian character getting 'groided?

In the movie L is an aspiring rapper and he's covered in tattoos much like the actor that plays him. What's difficult to understand?

guess not.
shame.

>That doesn't stop it from being incredibly on the nose and retarded.
As opposed to "DUDE MY NAME HAS GOD IN IT MAKES YOU THINK LMAO"? Yeah, dude, they're clearly adapting some classic masterpiece of subtlety here.

>Asian
He's like 1/4 Asian.

L wasn't Asian, at least not entirely. He had was a quarter Japanese, a quarter Russian, a quarter Italian, and French.

His ethnicity was never important. His importance was what he stood for and his actions he took to achieve his goal.

The people bitching about L being black are morons, through and through.

>The people bitching about L being black are morons, through and through.
It's like you're okay with boardroom marxists and focus groups ruling the day

the whole premise of death note is garbage. Life is short you have to be a huge faggot to use it.

You're just making that up to fit your racist agenda.

Yep. Huge fucking issues all over, including
>Bastardization of Light, making him a school shooter loser instead of arrogant messiah-complex Chad
>Bastardization of Misa, who is nothing more than a tool that Light uses and discards at his convenience
>Having the real L do the press conference scene, which was pretty essential to the story
>Ferris wheel setpiece makes the movie look like they're going for "action blockbuster" rather than cat-and-mouse thriller

It seems to me like they thought that the characters (specifically Light and Misa) wouldn't translate well to American audiences so they made the changes. Unfortunately the story really lacks the same impact if they fuck those up. As the trailer looks now it seems like just another Young Adult "high school couple vs the world" movie in the vein of Twilight/Divergent that is not only schlock, but schlock that is 2 years outdated.

Tbh senpai i'm more annoyed that we won't get this scene youtube.com/watch?v=QnTqglRb3_I than L being black

The rapper part has been confirmed and the actor is covered in tattoos they didn't bother removing. You can see one of his neck tattoos in the trailer.

It would have been better if they made it into a tv series and didn't have L be black.

They're not. L was mixed, and seen as weird and an outsider in the incredibly xenophobic Japan. Black people fit that idea when translated into an American setting.

You're deluding yourself. If Light was black I'd be right there along with you, but he's not. L is the only black character, and it works.

>don't like having an openly racist political agenda pushed by influential assholes top-down
>that makes you a moron
really doing a good job being a useful idiot there, keep it up

>making him a school shooter loser instead of arrogant messiah-complex Chad
it's so that their main audience can self insert

i'll rate that shit black L / 10

won't watch, will give a low rating and bitch about it tho

Funny, I can't find the "L is a rapper" confirmation anywhere. Care to link it?

Honestly, I don't think the Misa dynamic would translate well to America. American women bristle at the thought of living for their man and unconditionally surrendering to his will.
L was primarily European and hardly anyone apart from the task group saw him in the flesh and they all respected him (eccentricities aside). Black people are so coddled and fetishized in American culture that to say they're treated as outsiders is just outright foolishness.

All they had to do was read one panel of the manga to understand this character.

I think both Light and Misa could have translated well into american culture. Make Light the coolest kid in high school because he's a valedictorian prep with perfect features and a god complex. Misa is even easier by just making her an instagram model

Also what the shit this is a movie? I thought it was going to be a mini series. This shits going to be gay as fuck.

>b-but muh racism even thought the character's a cringy amalgamation of whatever the author thought was cool in the first place
It would've taken you 5 minutes to check L's wikipedia page and realize he's not Japanese.

It isn't a racist political agenda. It's diversifying the film by casting a mixed character seen as an outsider as a black person. It works, especially because this film takes place in the US. If it was still Japan I'd agree with you.

Maybe that'd be a good thing though? I mean Misa and Light are both insane so having that sort of a disconnect between the viewer and the characters would be better than making them average kids with above average looks.