Why are such shit d-list characters like foolkiller, solo, prowler, etc. getting ongoings?

why are such shit d-list characters like foolkiller, solo, prowler, etc. getting ongoings?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/fvl0nih6e6lu3yy/91.cbr
mediafire.com/download/a88v4b1ud9o2y8h/92.cbr
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sleepwalker_(Earth-616)
newsarama.com/30093-does-marvel-really-publish-ongoing-series-anymore.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prowler deserves some spotlight.

The others idk. Maybe they need to show that they're using the names so they can keep the trademark?

Because without X-titles and Fantastic Four titles and Avengers sales so low they have no one else to turn to.

Deadpools mercs are separating so it makes sense in a fourth wall way that they get solo series.

yea but still foolkiller just does not seem like that interesting of a character

This. They need more shit for the MCU

Foolkiller was a great character, but just when Steve Gerber was writing him

Also sometimes it's nice to see characters who aren't A and B listers. Usually those are the times when the creative team has less editorial over sight because no one cares

Because most a b and c list hero's at Marvel are un sellable

Steve Gerber's Foolkiller mini is one of the best things Marvel ever published.

I love Gerber's Foolkiller so much, I'm super wary on this

this user knows where it is

Looking for the next breakout success, since they have to feed the MCU more characters. Also

they want to get a lol so random superstar like Deadpool with movie rights they would own.
Gwenpool is also like this.

Fuck why couldn't sleepwalker have been one of the mercs? Then I'd have a sleepwalker series. And he's such a cool unique character he deserves one

You understand that's not what Foolkiller is, right?

Is Gerbers Foolkiller worth a read?

Very much, he's in Man Thing too

>they are going to ruin this GOAT character piece by having him murder republicans and trump supporters

Make it stop

That was original, who was just one-off religious fanatic villain.

Nope, he's going to try to use his psychiatry degree to reform criminals.

He'll be a new guy presumably. Foolkiller IV. Gerber did three different Foolkillers in his various series.

give it time, next Marvel NOW! "season" will probably feature exciting titles such as

>All-New Nomad
>Sleepwalker
>All-New, All-Different Secret Defenders
>Spider-Women
>Doctor Voodoo
>All-New Maverick
>All-New, All-Different Agent X

I thought Salinger shows up late in the run?

No, it's Salinger. He's currently in the Deadpool book.

This is the Greg Salinger Foolkiller. He wasn't created by Steve Gerber.

well, if from the house that think that a retarded Spider Man with a longue tongue and a foaming mouth deserves an ongoing

"Ongoing" is a relative term now. Marvel basically does things in 6 issue chunks and know by like the second issue of an arc whether to keep going or not.

Looking it up, nope. In fact, doesn't look like any of the Foolkillers besides the original had any run-ins with Man-Thing.

It's by Max Bemis, the man who infamously used Crossed as an "SJW" tract, so that... is an actual possibility.

issue links? i don't trust Sup Forums about crossed outside of crossed threads that actually discuss the comic and aren't loledgy

Wait, Bemis is the one who gave us this? It's like Marvel wants me to not buy their books.

well guess WHAT i'm outside of a crossed thread and I'm telling you to avoid anything that isn't written by Moore, Ennis, or Spurrier

I was under the apparently wrong assumption, that this was Kurt Gerhardt? If this is Salinger, where is Gerhardt?

mediafire.com/download/fvl0nih6e6lu3yy/91.cbr
mediafire.com/download/a88v4b1ud9o2y8h/92.cbr

you've passed the first test of "Isn't spouting memeshit about Crossed"

also I feel like Spurrier would do a great Foolkiller

I think he last showed up in Agent Venom.

Before that he was in Way's Deadpool, which is why a lot of people thought that the Foolkiller that joined the Mercs was him instead of Salinger.

gratzi

I think he was in Ways Deadpool run. The arc in the mental hospital I believe.

Thanks. That is why I thought this was still Gerhardt. Now I know. Thanks, Sup Forumsros. Wish they would continue the saga of Gerhardt. I really loved Gerber's 10 issue mini.

>ANTI-CROSSED
>skinless except for a Cross on his face

this is hilarious

Someday

Anything can be interesting with the right team attached.

Throw enough shit onto a wall and something is bound to stick.

I just put the shit down after five issues and called it a day. Not a thing about it interested me personally.

This is true.

Cept with gambit

cos gambits a fag

Sorry y'all, that was pretty good. It does lose a ton of points for not having a proper Crossed ending

>all the 90's rejects getting solos
>no Cardiac solo

But...they CAN use X-Men and F4.

>No Nightwatch ongoing
That's it. I quit!

flood the market to make up for faltering sales

They can but they're dumb so they won't

Cardiac had a semi-big part in Superior so he wasn't totally left behind.

They are going to be cancelled before issue #13

>why are such shit d-list characters like foolkiller, solo, prowler, etc. getting ongoings?
I don't know but I fucking love it. Sure they'll only last 6-12 issues, but a solid 12 issue run is good enough for me when it comes to d-listers.

You're generous.

>Prolwer
>Shit

Don't you have an MCU movie to watch?

Marvel is trying to do their own DCYOU, but this time people will suck their dick because it's Marvel

>defending Literally Whos
When did this place become so tumblr infested?

Tumblr doesn't care about literally whos, tumblr only knows what's popular.

Ah, apparently he was created by Gerber. The issue he debuted in was written by Roger Stern so I thought he created him.

They're going to be in the mcu obviously

What's Sleepwalker deal? It sounds interesting.

I feel like Prowler wouldn't work in the MCU but I have no idea why.

Marvel is trying to make a character like Deadpool to replace Deadpool cause FOX owns Deadpool
>>Solo
>>Foolkiller
>>Slapstick
They all are similar to Deadpool

>I've never read a Spider-Man comic.jpg

>you g genious gets fired from yet another job, gets fed up with everyones shit
>gathers gear together and decides to become a burgler, his first target is the last place that fired him
>comes back home after a successful job but is suddenly filled bad thoughts like "what if I got caught", "what was I thinking", etc
>turns the shit in, gets a reward
>decides that he should just keep doing that: robbing as the Prowler and returning as Hobbie

Maybe not in the movies, but I think he could definitely be a character on AoS or a Netflix show. Don't really know the feel of the Spider-Man movies to tell if he would fit there

This MCU conspiracy shit is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. As if Kevin Fiege takes cues from the comic division.

>The Sleepwalkers were dream police. In that capacity, they apprehended any beings that invaded the sleeping minds of humans. Sleepwalker was tricked by his long time foe known as Cob Web (who like Sleepwalker had a real name that is unpronounceable by human language) into entering the mind of one individual (a New York college student named Rick Sheridan) and became trapped.
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sleepwalker_(Earth-616)

In case you are doubting in Bemis writing skills, he also gave us the worst x-men mini which was good.

>implying tumblr even knows any comic book characters beyond what is shown in the movies and brief wikipedia searching

I want to see the MCU concept artists work on Prowler's costume. They could make it so badass.

He can absolutely work in the MCU if done right.

>never heard of Max Bemis
>read those two Crossed issues posted above
>look him up on wikipedia

>He said he considers himself "a Jew who is also a Christian."[29] He again identified as Jewish in an online fan chat during The Bamboozle fest in 2010.

Batroc ongoing when?

>d-listers solo ongoings
>no d-listers TEAM ongoings
Is it me or Marvel doesn't know how to pull a Doom Patrol?

One can only hope that Marvel has a Batroc the Leaper ongoing on their to do list, but we're just as likely to get ongoings for Forge and Wood God before then.

Does that line-up not sound awesome to you?

But Batroc was in the movies. That already makes him more likely than Forge and Woodgod.

Didn't MCU Batroc die?

Champions

No.

>Cyclops, Spider-Man, Ms Marvel, and Hulk
>D-List

No, just backflip/summersault drop-kicked in the face.

They aren't d-listers tho.
D-listers are completely obscure characters that haven't appeared since the early 90.

The last time we saw him he was captured by SHIELD and interrogated.

Because they don't have to rely on 4 Batman titles and 4 Harley Quinn titles to carry their sales

>tfw those 4 Batman titles are better than the 95% of Marvel ongoings and sell more

Pretty sure they were referring to the OG Champions from 70s. I think they were more in the vein of Doom Patrol.

>Ambush Bug is not having a good day

>doesn't say anything about the 4 Harley Quinn titles

Those are just retarded silly books to gain more shekels, just like Civil War II for Marvel.

There's only two and one is a mini series

I like how even two and a mini series is acceptable for a secondary character like Harley

Who's the other dude, Anti-Foolkiller?

Newsarama made a commentary on this: newsarama.com/30093-does-marvel-really-publish-ongoing-series-anymore.html

bump

I would be OK with most of these as long as they have good creative teams

Fuck I don't know why Sup Forums is complaining about this. Not like Slapstick, Solo, etc have had much exposure in the past 10 years so them trying something new might actually be a good thing

Throw shit to the wall, see what sticks and can potentially be made a movie

Genius Granter

They're just trying to capitalize on successful properties by doing spin offs like usual. See Avengers getting bazillion satellite titles in the aftermath of New Avengers being a hit.

What's wrong with D-listers getting ongoings?

Why is Sup Forums so full of insufferable characterfags? The creative team is all that matters, not the character.

I recently read that and, barring the last issue, it's one of my favorite X-related reads in a long time. And Rags and Riches had cool power synergy.