/who/ - Doctor Who General

Comfy Images Edition

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/880492610527297536
twitter.com/Eddie_At_Skaro/status/880721586428489732
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wonder what Nine would have looked like in Ten's suit?

Starring a cake as the companion

Umm, are you forgetting something sweetie? Yea thought so ;)

holy shit what the fuck is that thing

*sips tea*

fake tan fat jenna

I think I have a bimbo/gyaru fetish now

I'm going to say it. Is Moffat part black? because he has black frizzy hair.

This wins. I'm ultra nostalgic for the early Matt Smith years.

comf

hes scottish. loads of them look like that

I'm Scottish, we can have curly hair, but that is full on black esque frizzy or jewish.

oh right fair enough

>jewish
Well, there's your explanation right here.

Pertwee era is objectively comfiest

Speaking of comfy, I wish there were more lecturing scenes in Series 10

this desu
the doctor as a lecturer is ridiculously comfy, and it's been almost completely wasted

Guys let's talk about series 10. With only one episode to go that will most certainly be a divisive clusterfuck that /who/res will either love or hate and a Christmas special that will probably be the same it's pretty much fucking over. What is your overall opinion of the series as a whole?

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. I absolutely loved series 8 and 9 and thought it was probably the strongest run of episodes in NuWho, and I was really hoping for a really kino series to round out Capaldi's era. I remember all the hype there was in the later end of the off-season when all the details trickled in, all the shit about the Monk creatures and a three-parter and Simm Master returning and shit. But the series really just turned out to be mediocre. It really reminds me of series 7 which is a damn shame. The Monk three-parter being a bust was an absolute death sentence since it took up so much space, and outside of it none of the episodes have really been exceptional. There's been some good stuff, like Oxygen and Extremis and World Enough but otherwise it's just felt pretty mediocre in quality. The whole arc with the the vault and Missy turning good could have been really great but it just feels severely under-utilized. I will say that I enjoy Bill and Nardie inexplicably turned out to be completely based so that helps liven the series up a bit, but otherwise I just feel like the series has been a bit bland. Feels bad man.

I agree with your thoughts on series 10, but I thought series 9 was utter shit and series 8 was mediocre.

My computer broke and now I'm stuck using my phone. How should I illegally watch classic who, /who/?

VK.

does Vk have proper episodes, or just spin off stuff? how do i find episodes? (not dailymotion)

vk dot com slash page-5742320_26939298

Has the news broken yet that Luke Treadaway is the 13th Doctor?

GOAT

can someone please inform me what is so bad about the end of time? personally i found it quite comfy bar a tad of cringe at the end

part 1

elaborate

DIIINNNER TIIIME

>IM.......EVERYBODY

yeah jesus christ im remembering
>IM REMEMBERING! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! MY HEADD!!!!

Moffat No More

Overlong. melodramatic. terribly characterised Master not played well by Simm (no actor could have done that well). that fucking ~mysterious woman~ who appears to Wilf is such lazy lazy writing. shitty comedy aliens. Cringey action scenes. Donna-Ex-Machina. that. 20. Minute. Epilogue. Martha + Mickey. Boring generic time lords. Wasted Dalton. THE SECRET BOOKS OF SAXON. Pointless Ood mysticism. I could go on. The thing that kills it for me is the way The Doctor is written and the fact that he never goes through an actual character arc. He's never seemed less like 'The Doctor' to me than in this story.

RTD's worst material he ever wrote for the show.

personally i enjoyed simm as the master but thought it was really stupid at the same time if you know what i mean? but yeah what was the actually identity of that woman in the end?

Can Moffat top it with his last episodes?

Don't get me wrong I think his performance in the Series 3 finale is unironically great but as for TEoT... he did his best.

He already topped it with Heaven Sent and Extremis.

The End of Time might be bad but I can't hate it just because it has a cool name tbqh

It won't be easy, but I have faith in Moffat's ability to write terrible masturbatory stuff.

I had fun with series ten, but it was painfully average and just ''there''. The Monk trilogy and the over abundence of fillers nearly did me in. ''Oxygen'', ''Extremis'' and ''Empress'' were great though

Series nine was fantastic. Why some boardies take issue with it I'll never know...probably just trying to be a cool contrarian or something. Objectively, it's fine and just as good as series five. Hell Bent's great too, no troll/gimmick post there, I enjoy it.

Can someone stream something this late?

Would really love to watch a regeneration story.

Someone stream Planet of the Spiders!

ANTI-PLASTIC

The recurring theme of the series 10 was laziness. No side characters developed, no themes properly explored. Monk trilogy was an attempt to see if they can pretend to be writing for the same show for once, like normal people, but it seems they couldn't be arsed to coordinate their themes or anything.

Somehow my family knew nothing of this story.

It seemed to me as if these terrible events had been completely erased from memory.

Who, if not we, could be a credible witness to the fact that the victims were not, an anonymous mass?

Who, if not we, could name them, and thus help bring down the walls of silence and taboo?

By reversing the anonomization, we give our murdered relatives their identity, and some dignity back.

>probably just trying to be a cool contrarian or something
Grow the fuck up.
I thought series 9 was garbage because frankly there were barely a couple of good episodes and the rest was garbage. I felt the Lake/Flood Girl/Woman, Zygon and Raven stories were all awful, the Dalek opener was subpar, and the final two episodes were the only decent ones - but even then Hell Bent felt incredibly messy plot-wise and had Clara left a dozen episodes prior in an episode that accidentally ended up being a better send-off than the one she got it would've been a lot better.
Obviously you disagree, and that's fantastic, I'm glad you enjoyed it. But don't be a deluded faggot just because I didn't.

get in stream boyos!

planet of the spiders starting!

casualwhostream

Doctor Who isn't about an overarching narrative where every episode should try to share themes and convey a similar message. It's a 'monster of the week' episodic family show with a new story every serial and a new set of characters aside from The Doctor & his Companion(s). Don't dock points for the writers each making their own stories instead of coming together for a pretentious circlejerk were everyone acts like the show is more than it really is. I'm fucking glad you aren't working on this series.

>Series nine was fantastic.
it's a fucking snoozefest that overindulges in trash serials for far longer than it should have. heaven sent being good doesn't redeem the complete and utter disaster that every episode that preceded it and the one that followed was.

Have I finally found someone who also thinkgs that series 9 was shit?

>shit beginning
>shit middle with ashildr the cunt
>shit ending with ashildr the cunt and clara the uggo slag becoming immortal essentially
>they let moffat handle 12 going back to gallifrey

First mistake.

>Empress
>Great

Seriously. Not only were the stories garbage, but for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to give each of those shit stories two episodes. At least in other series, the shit episodes are just 1 in 12, but here they were 1 in 6.

Seriously lads when the fuck is the next Doctor announcement. They're fucking filming the regeneration episode already.

Isn't he regenerating in the christmas special again?

If you are making a story arc you SHOULD coordinate.

I'm not even talking about the disaster that is The Lie of the Land. Let's consider Extremis and how Doctor triumpantly outsmarted monks by mailing recording to himself, only for it to never become relevant.

which is filming atm. We've already had the first doctor appearance leaked. It's only a matter of time before 13 appears.

yeah, they're fucking filming it already

It was great
sucks to be you boardie, I don't follow the herd and that's my victory

Disgusting

>We've already had the first doctor appearance leaked.

WHAT
W H A T

Whose definition of 'punk' is this shit

If Capaldi was a lesbian

>If you are making a story arc you SHOULD coordinate.
You should, except there is barely a story arc, and the extent of the """story arc""" for the whole series is just a bit of foreshadowing on what episodes 11 and 12 will be - It's not a linked plot between every episode, as it should be.

For the record here, if you want to call the Monks trilogy shit, then be my guest. I completely agree.
But, it's 3 out of 12 episodes, and the other 9 episodes shouldn't get the same criticism since they are in no part trying to be linked, they are trying (and succeeding) at being the typical monster of the week show Doctor Who should be.

You claimed Series 10 was lazy because it didn't try to unite every episode under a central theme, but I'd argue that format doesn't suit Doctor Who at all and it's best that the series doesn't follow it, which is a plus on Series 10, not a minus.

I claimed that laziness is omnipresent in this series peaking at the stage where three writers ostensibly writing a story arc can't seem to be arsed to coordinate.

I understand that reading is hard, but try doing it next time.

anti-plastic?

Sarah-Jane a cute!

CUTE!

AAANTI-PLASTIC

>I understand that reading is hard, but try doing it next time.
It seems for you, writing is hard. Might want to work on that.

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/880492610527297536

This meme is so fucking comfy. Love you, guys.

And you ruined it by posting this shit episode.

This idea's actually really grown on me. The only thing is if Bradley can pull it off and if it's not, y'know, shit.

Well if his line delivery on the first farewell is anything to go bye...

But to be fair this time he is playing the Doctor fully so he should get it right.

The thing is he's a really fantastic actor but judging from An Adventure in Space and Time he's just not a great One impersonator, he was pretty solid as Hartnell though. Maybe he's improved his impression a little bit since then

>Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
>Smith Episode
>Tennant's Tardis in the closing shot
God fucking damn it BBC it's not hard

I'm doing this thing where I just watch/listen/read the first five minutes of every Doctor Who story lol

Sophie Aldred is seriously such a cutie

why would you
why would you do that

Does that include each episode to a story?

twitter.com/Eddie_At_Skaro/status/880721586428489732
Ohhh man

Links?

Will be at 3 pm.