Why do people hate new costumes so much...

Why do people hate new costumes so much? It seems like whenever a character gets a new costume the majority of people always want a costume that has minor changes to their original costume 9/10

Is that not boring?

Why would you want to make any changes to perfection?

I actually like the white, but having it with the black web lines is dumb

It's not too bad, also people seems to forget theres usually unlockables in games.

I like the white as well, but it needs a black border around all of it to belong in that thin black web pattern on the rest of the costume.

Well. Unless the white spider is meant to jump out at you in the same fashion as a super hero shield like an S or something. But that was only spidey's deal really with the symbiote costume.

The giant spider-symbol would look shit even if it were all black honestly. I just don't like how it's just plastered on the suit.

>Why do people hate new so much?
Nostalgia/conservatism tends to get stronger as people get older. That means that they both tend to remember things as being "better" than they actually were ( one Thanksgiving my grandfather was saying how much better tv and movies were back in his day to which my father snarked that, indeed, switching to color and 7 channel surround sound was *clearly* a regression ) and they tend to reflexively react poorly to *any* change to the status quo.

So you get people who completely lose their shit over organic web-shooters or 'underwear on the outside' costumes or whatever.

You also get people who tend to like anything that's new just because it's new (although those tend to be much smaller groups they can be much much louder thanks to social media and bandwagon jumping).

At the end of the day you'll get some changes that stick ( like the tangled 'spaghetti' webbing that Todd McFarlane started drawing when he took over spiderman in the late 1980s ) and others ( like the aforementioned 'organic webshooters' from the first two Spiderman movies that were backported to the comics and then eventually retconned back out again ) that don't.

But there will always be churn because artists like to try different things and management knows that every now and then they get something like Spider-gwen or Batgirl that people go nuts over.

people like GOOD new costumes, it's just you never hear them talk about them.

you're not completely wrong but you're still kind of wrong. things do change, but they usually lose something in the process. no TV will ever be as thought-filled as the black and white era was. not all of it of course, but a lot of it.

Well from the sounds of it the costume sounds pretty good already, so it would only NEED minor changes to be closer to perfection.
Diverging from a costume that works
Is that not stupid?

>no TV will ever be as thought-filled as the black and white era was
The Wire, Breaking Bad, Fargo, Mr Robot and any number of other current and recently past serial dramas would like a word with you, user.

the color scheme makes it look like a giant target

'cause changes are usually made for the wrong reasons, like a studio wanting to have their own identity of spiderman so they can market it and not confuse their character with other versions of spiderman

>things do change, but they usually lose something in the process
Not really. I don't remember black and white television as being especially "thought-filled", and even if that is true, it hasn't lost that quality just because the technology has improved. It would be because of people and how they and their tastes have changed as a culture.

>color scheme makes it look like a giant target
More than the old B+W costume (before it decided it wanted it's own book)?

Black spiderman is best waifu

lol
Those trash shows were all you could muster?

Why make unnecessary changes? If they made changes to better I wouldn't complain, but they pick a classic look that has no issue with it, and change for a slighlty different look but worse.

>herr durr
Do feel free to give you own examples of thoughtful tv from either the B+W era or the modern, user.

That's just an ugly-ass design, user. Mostly because of the giant white spider-symbol, which clashes with the classic Spidey color scheme, overwhelms the web-scheme, and draws attention away from his eyes and limbs.

It's not as bad as the new Steve Rogers: Captain America costume...but it takes one of the classic 'sleek but busy' costume designs and turns it 'just plain busy'. Luckily, you'll probably be able to swap into whatever costumes you like after a certain point.

Autistic people hate change

The thing about that costume specifically is that a big white spider is often associated with the black suit and/or Venom. It seems weird that it's just slapped on what is otherwise more or less his classic red and blue.

meh. The game will almost certainly have unlockable or alternative costumes. As all good spiderman games do.

If it can't even do that then it won't be a great spiderman game elsewhere so it won't matter.

All this game needs is
>Large Game map
>Fast Travel Sewer system
>Smooth Swing Mechanics

Spiderman fighting systems have basically been refined at this point.

I'd really love for them to implement GTA/Red Dead's freaks and strangers mechanic, to allow other characters to appear and to give small side stories.

This would also be great in introducing villains who don't narrative-ly fit into the main story

Recurring *Random event* villains would be great too

I'm sure that's the idea behind the game. Obviously, I have no insight to how it'll turn out. But, I'd hope it's like a GTA game with Spiderman powers and a Spiderman story.

>First unlockable: Bagman
>Everyone instinctively switches over to it out of dislike for the default.

I can''t speak for everyone but the white kills it for me. The head looks like 60's cartoon spiderman but the rest looks like they tried to modernize it. But I'm sure the game will be fun.

I disagree with you so much because when I was a kid I loved so many bizarre Spiderman suits that were toy online. I loved seeing new Spiderman costumes.

I'm still iffy on this costume when I don't see it in motion but get why people would hate it. I do, however, hate when people get upset over these super minor changes. Like some batman costumes will be praised and another has a different symbol or a different color scheme for his boots/gloves and people act like the "classic" costume they know got dragged out into the yard and murdered. As long as the design they use for the movie or game is pretty damn close to the most iconic version I'm fine with it.

would be cool as a costume for ben reily

not really for peter parker

I love new costumes, it keeps shit fresh, but that spidersuit just looks bad

I'll only be mad if the game doesn't have alternate costumes, nearly every spider-man game since PS1 era has though. The contrast is good though, it's a game, having your character stand out works for gameplay.

That one is fine.
What the plebs don't understand is that the costume needs the white, otherwise the action will looks like a red and blue blob.

Because fans are resistant to change.

And sometimes because a lot of modern costume design is terrible.