Pic related is the only anime that I can bear to watch

>pic related is the only anime that I can bear to watch
How do weeaboo fags and anime nerds actually enjoy anything besides this? No other anime has actually held any sort of legitimate themes or motifs like Akira has. Like 99% of other anime is typically just pow pow, action, and big boobies. Literally no better than those cookie cutter Marvel films.
The most ironic part about it is that one of the main themes of Akira is the bastardization and death of Japanese culture. Guess what? You needn't look further than the rest of the anime genre to see this theme in action.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't

I'm not asking for recommendations, ya tardo. I'm trying to prompt discussion on why people enjoy garbage like anime, and how Akira seems to be the only worthwhile anime (film or otherwise) in existence. I never said anything about shonen, as if I even know what the fuck that is.
Can you not offer up something to the discussion? Try and bring something to the table. Have you ever seen an anime, besides Akira, that had any meaningful themes?

We have better taste then you

Your nothing more than a bitchy little faggot who has no life and no friends.

This is ALL you have. Faking the same arguments every day.

Seriously - you and your fellow parasites are fucking pathetic.

Steins Gate was terrible and has as much potential to turn people AWAY from anime than on it.

This should be a banner.

>why people enjoy garbage like anime
Why do people like garbage live-action movies? And there are plenty of good anime. Get this bait of a thread out of here. If you really hold this opinion you should consider killing yourself.

>just pow pow, action, and big boobies

Wow you literally just described Akira you Sup Forumsaggot

>And there are plenty of good anime

>Say anything bad about anime
>Immediately get dogpiled by assdestroyed weebs

So you didn't enjoy any Ghibli films?

What if you were to give this movie to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?

You are half right. Most anime is indeed wifu shit, however there are more anime like Akira. It´s just hard to find but it does exist.

I know you are not looking for recomendations but i´ll recomend you some anyways because i think those may suit your taste. Be free to disregard them if you don´t care but i think watching those will prove my point.

- GITS 1 and 2
- Jin Roh (Wolf brigade)
- Angel´s egg (Tenshi no tamago)
- Memories - Magnetic Rose
- Sword of a Stranger
- Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
- Ninja Scroll or Basilisk
- Baccano
- Jocker´s game

I can't stand most anime. I don't even try to watch any of it since it's so off putting with waifu bullshit.

The only ones I ever cared for were Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Jin-Roh, and that show Planete was breddy gud.

Everything else is objectively shit.

great post Sup Forums

Most of Ghibli is overrated.

And Akira isn't?

>its the reddit spacing Sup Forums autist in every anime thread

You don't know what reddit spacing is

its a surefire way to detect redditors and make them butthurt when you point it out

kek based Sup Forums user
lets hope Bethesda makes a new videogame about it

Right, but normal line breaks aren't "reddit spacing". This post is a better example

I recently watched Akira. I still don't know what happened. It went from silly biker gang shenanigans to some crazy monster shit with his old buddy somehow. I didn't really sense the transition until it had fully changed it up.

>Not watching Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

>tfw only watched 7 of those in the picOf the ones I didn't watch I've heard of Lain and Hellsing but have no clue what the others are. Where's Robotech, Speed Racer, Battle Royale High School and Wicked City in that image?

wow I fucked up green text

>one punch man
doesn't get more reddit than that

we both know Bethesda is shit fellow selfhating Sup Forumsermin

>everybody who doesn't like my generic anime girl stuff is a Sup Forums invader

Who /metropolis/ here

based Bethesda
maybe ubisoft can make the new logo too, Sup Forumsro

i'm the same as you OP, but there are some good ones besides Akira, pic related is pretty nice

What did you do ? Did you cry?

You forgot the lupin movies

>Akira seems to be the only worthwhile anime (film or otherwise) in existence
It seems that way because you're a basic pleb. I bet you haven't even watched 200 animés.

superb taste

i tend to only joy anime films as well.
I just cant get into the series. People on Sup Forums are always talking about what shows are coming out this season and it just seems like to be a "fan" you have to balance 20 different shows and keep up with each new premiere. Its fucking ridiculous.
But some shit in here, Paprika, Akira, Mononoke, Perfect Blue, and Ghost in the Shell, are really great.
The Berserk movies are ok but all the different tv series (and the evangelion movie) i havent seen.
Angels Egg is also great too.

k cool
Glad I have an armchair psychologist to assume every detail of my life for me. Are you actually going to contribute or just shitpost?

This is kino.

Watch out. We droppin' muthafuckin' truth bombs in here.

>anime is named kaiba
>they don't even play duel monsters
shit anime

YUGIOH BABBIES GO HOME

reddit around every corner, under every bed

Thanks for the actual contributions to the thread my niggas.

I've only seen a couple. They definitely have deeper explorations of themes and motifs, so you definitely got me there, but Ghibli films have never been my style. I'll grant you that they're not garbage like the majority of the anime genre, but they've just never been my cup of tea.

>I'm not asking for recommendations
>asks for recommendations
The fact that this thread is still up is proof that we need /film/ now
fuck this new pleb pandering janitor

Ninja Scroll
I used to only like Akira and GitS. Saw Ninja Scroll and it remains the best IMO. Watched another 10 or so anime and was sometimes entertained but quit the genre after too much typical bullshit.

Only things I say you should watch ever at all are Ninja Scroll and Cowboy Beebop. The genre is a bit tedious outside these few gems.

Opinion on Paranoia Agent?

I never understood why Akira is praised so much, the manga is better and there's shit tons of better anime out there. I'm not going to pretend anime is the pinnacle of visual media because I don't think it is, but how many anime have you actually watched OP?

Sup Forums is like Sup Forums where they won't accept anyone talking about certain animes and tell you to go back to Rebbit

>- Jocker´s game
This is actually pretentious pseudo intellectual faux jazzy shit.
You must be underaged or have two digit IQ to enjoy it.

One of the reasons anime is so shit is because there are like 60 new shows each season and because of the japanese fanbase. Japanese otaku are a problem, not because they are autistic or cringy (that's something that even people here are guilty of) but because they have the shittiest taste in the world. Like, see how you complain about western SJWs liking anything with "diversity" or strong wymen on it regardless of its actual quality? Well, the japanese will like even the most generic show as long as it has cute girls and maybe some male character for them to self-insert into. That's why empty, boring and generic shit like idol animuhs or the bajillion "japanese guy is transported to a magical medieval world" shows out there are so fucking popular. The japanese will take the same shit over and over again so the people in charge never feel like doing anything new or taking risks and why would they? It's easier to make the same lazy boring shit knowing it's sure to sell.

Is this Kino?

is getting a new series. I'm very glad about that

Samurai champloo

>- Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal

This was so good. Bought the DVD back in 2001 and literally the only anime I own. Still watch it about once a year.

He probably hasnt seen 10

>scared to post on Sup Forums
lMfAo last time I checked Sup Forums is a bunch of pedos with social anxiety (LOL!!!)

Isn't Sup Forums just full of moeshit?

I like Death Note, Neon Genesis and Princess Mononoke. I feel like I wouldn't be welcome on Sup Forums.

eva threads are 24/7 on Sup Forums

perfect ass for BBC