Will there ever another be a trilogy like Lord Of The Rings or did it create a bar that cannot be matched?

>Will there ever another be a trilogy like Lord Of The Rings or did it create a bar that cannot be matched?

If there is one it won't be for a very long time, especially with the way pedowood is going now.

Who are you quoting?

In hindsight they're pretty crappy

Why didn't Bobo just file the tax plan with the big guy?

A user from Reddit

>"My friends. You pay taxes to no one."

What was Hackson even thinking?!

YOUR CLAIM?

I think it's a once in a generation phenomenon.

There was massive hype surrounding these movies when announced and it generally managed to exceed expectations. This doesn't happen very often.

I went to see each movie opening night, all sold out showings with people dressed as elves/hobbits/etc with an amazing atmosphere. Will probably remain my greatest cinema experience for a long long time

>Dark Knight Trilogy
>Toy Story Trilogy
>Captain America Trilogy
And soon enough
>John Wick Trilogy
It's already been surpassed, cuck.

Watch the appendices if you have them, interesting stuff. 22 and a half hours of behind the scenes stuff.

Just watched the Two Towers last night, and I must say they movie adaption of Faramir is absolutely disgusting. Bravo Hackson.

>captain America

Treat the movies and the books as separate things

People just aren't willing to pour that amount of work and passion anymore.

>Dark Knight Trilogy
Only the second one truly stands out.
>Toy Story Trilogy
Cute I guess.
>Captain America Trilogy
Go to bed.

>Dark Knight Trilogy
Kek. What? Each movie in the trilogy is weaker than the last.
>Toy Story Trilogy
No. They are not bad, but they are just childrens movies
>Captain America Trilogy
You are trolling right
>John Wick Trilogy
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay fair enough you got me.

Weak troll. Picrelated.
>B-But it's just f-for kids!
That isn't a valid criticism. The target audience doesn't indicate the quality of the film. All of the Toy Story movies are well made. Going by your logic, Lord of the Rings isn't a good trilogy because it's only for D&D nerds.

this must be a troll

Obviously, because nobody can have an actual discussion of film for 5 fucking seconds without going
>Le bait!
>Le troll!
>Le memes!
Fuck off faggot.

Maybe one day we will get an actual good Beowulf movie

Thinking captain America movies are that good is bit a valid opinion

>Dark Knight trilogy
Would be close if the third film wasn't lackluster.
>Toy Story
Is each movie equally admired?
>Captain America
It's not really it's own trilogy because it's part of a larger universe. The three movies are not a beginning, middle, and end.

Are the LOTR films great because
>A: They capture the source material
>B: The source material is great so any movie following it is bound to be good
>C: They are well made films regardless of the source material

Hothead detected

>The last creation of the white European civilisation before being overrun by shitskins from the east was a film about white Europeans defeating shitskins from the east
Ironic.

the man exudes sex

Yeah, ha, the masked men in the sewers. We'll get right on that.

Give it 5 - 10 years when the social justice and identity politics fads blow over.

>Another trilogy like Lord of the Rings
In what, being shit?

Dark souls trilogy based on the first game Tbh

>Captain America

Kek

>BUT MUH POLITICAL THRILLER

>sjw
>identity politics

>blowing over

lmao, are you 18?

Where the FUCK do I find them, can't find torrents and the ones on YouTube are missing most of the content

>all sold out showings with people dressed as elves/hobbits/etc

lmao is this b8

The brilliant score does so much to elevate the movies even further. I love just relaxing and listening to the music

nice bait

If you find images of the full extended dvd set they should be there but i dont know where to find that. They are on separate discs from the movies.

Hippies went away, this shit will too. Nothing lasts forever. I know you were probably born in 2003 but gay stuff got really popular for awhile, to the point they got their own TV network. Now nobody gives a shit. Just be patient.

Not who you're replying to but it's the truth

I have to give Howard Shore credit here. As much as I love the mpvies themselves, they are raised so much higher because of the score.

Absolutely, i listen to the soundtrack often.

yo

Remember when the atheist movement was a
big thing like 7 years ago? glad that's over mostly

The remake will transcend the originals

>soon to be a quadrilogy

nope

pls no

I don't think anything will be close, ever.
Not in terms of fantasy epics anyway.
I watch the extended trilogy at least 4 times a year all one after the other with only piss and smoke breaks.

How can you stand that? that is like 12 hours of nonstop LOTR and while it is great i would probably get exhausted by the 6th hour or so

I enjoyed the Hobbit trilogy desu, it had the air of wonder if little else from the originals.

>he doesn't know about the plans for a remake
Boyoboyoboy are you in for a surprise.

Jamie foxx as legolas?

I've seen the extended cuts, which totals 12.1 hours . Definitely worth watching at least once

They don't even make movies like this anymore. Hollywood's idea of a LOTR movie now is World of Warcraft: a soulless CGI clusterfuck.

I'd pick the guy from Creed.

SLJ as Gandalf
>Gandalf stands before the Balrog
>"HOL UP! Where you think you goin'?"

>who the fuck are you quoting

How can a person be this wrong?

>actual good Beowulf movie
user this film is absolute kino

No, it's going to be an all female cast

lol

The negress from the new ghostbusters as Arwen?

>pic related as merry

But you are wrong, all the orcs will be white males.

>pic related as pippin

>redditspacing
PC shit was huge mid-90's. Just wait.

>this entire post

There are and there will be. I'm watching The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time ever and it is indeed very good but not even in the top 5 films I've seen this month.

With southern orcish accent?

no, not until hollywood crashes, burns and resets

it was entertaining for both the masses and book-fans alike, and all 3 films are at least 8.5/10 and up

they hardly even make movies that are 3 hr long anymore

Looks like meat's back on th' menu, y'all.

it snickered as it clicked on the "post" button `better warm up some more hot pockets' it thought to itself, it was going to be a long night

>I'm watching The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time ever
How old are you?

You can't have movies of such quality without an immense amount of passion and a lack of studio meddling. I'm surprised it even came out as good as it did for its time, but these days? Not a fucking chance.

>there will never be a Lord of The Rings film without Hackson's fanfiction
They're good but I'd like to see someone else tackle the material

epics aren't 'in' right now so we're probably not going to get any decent ones for a long time

Isn't Jackson making the Mortal Engines books into a series now?
If enough time is spent in preproduction, it should at least be a visually incredible experience.

jackson is basically another lucas at this point so don't keep your hopes up that it will be decent.

Really got my noggin joggin.

but this is true

Jackson relies too much on CGI, other than that he is a good film-maker. Hobbit movies are a bit of an exception, he was really miserable doing them and the time constraints etc were really affecting him and the end product

There will only one Return and that is of the Jedi
Lotr will never compete with the original trilogy of Star Wars. Get over it!

I was hoping for a HHGTTG series, but the one film that got made was lame.

And too much fucking meddling. It may have been pretty good as two movies, but three movies ruined everything about it.

If LotR came out today it would be labeled as white supremacist and sexist patriarchal propaganda

We live in dark times my friends.

Yeah by a handful of loud retards who no one takes seriously

Those poor orc refugees... just looking for a safe place

Does he? He didn't use that much during LOTR if I remember correctly. And I assume the reason he did with The Hobbit was due to time.

The cortello trilogy

Return was quite cgi heavy, Fellowship not so much except where it was neccessary. LOTR trilogy was great, i do hope they redo the cgi some day though since it was rendered in 1080p so 4K release is not possible and LOTR might be one of the few series where 4k might be beneficial because of the care taken with costumes, sets etc.

>this guy will never get his own trilogy
>no him soloing Dol Guldur
>no him soloing Erebor to the point Thorin III and Bard II bent the knee

LotR movies are simply the best movies ever made. There will be nothing that can match these films

The reason LOTR is so popular is because it speaks to the aryan soul, it draws from ancient european germanic archetypes and white people just naturally respond to that on a subconscious level

Quite Sup Forums but yeah

Yeah bro. Pepe the epic frog god kek is my master as well as yours eh fellow kekster? Praise kekistan. We are cool!

What was Sauron's tax policy?

Only the disgusting morgul rats get taxed because they are privileged

You should watch the fan cut, that shit was precious literally 8 out of 10.

Hp 1-3 or 6-8 are better but I still think lotr is good/great.

Roger Ebert
FOTR 3/4
TTT 3/4
RoTK 3.5/4

PS 4/4
CoS 4/4
PoA 3.5/4

>Captain America Trilogy
lel

I'm putting a lot of work into planning out a live action ATLA.

I want it to be 5 movies not 3 though.

LOTR has dwarves, elves and orcs. It's a children's movie as well, don't kid yourself.

This