What are early contenders for MOTY?

What are early contenders for MOTY?

There's this, Song to Song, maybe Okja...

>see OP
>find Z and Okja worthwhile and intend to see them
>get intrigued by S2S by association
>fire up a trailer
>thumbnail is a Sup Forums waifu
>lose interest in finding out more about it
oscarbait; nominee at best

but it's Malick. he's always worth looking at, like Haneke.

Good follow-up, interest waxing again

It was weird seeing Charlie in something I didn't hate him in. It's a good movie. Everyone puts in good performances.

I always liked Charlie Hunnam since he was a prettyboy airhead in Undeclared. Never understood the hate he gets other than I guess people being tired of him popping up in so many things. Well, he's been in a string of flops so it appears he won't be in too much more for awhile.

He is cast in roles that just don't seem to fit him. I don't see him as a leading man. He needs films where he doesn't do an American accent because he's garbage at that. Choosing lost city over pacific rim 2 was a step in the right direction.

Didn't even realize he was tapped for PacRim 2. For what it's worth I thought he was believable in that role.

>song to song
>oscarbait
You're a special kind of retard aren't you?

Title reminds me of Ass to Ass, except artsie-fartsier

Really? his accent was all over the place. He was tapped but said no early to film the lost city.

He has bad moments. I agree the American accent is a problem for him. I guess I was just used to it because of Sons of Anarchy. Opening with his narration reminded me of so many episodes of SOA, so it was comforting to me.

song to song was visually spectacular but had no story whatsoever. i don't know why people are still sucking malick's dick. at least he used to be able to mix his more experimental ideas with a somewhat traditional narrative.

most everything has been incredibly weak this year. logan, guardians, and alien are the best things so far and those are all 7/10s and a 6/10

>shit, shit, and more shit
Watch more movies you fuckistani..

Lost City of Z was great, I really enjoyed it.

Theater was dead empty when I saw it though, and I saw it with a ditzy pleb girl who hated it.

>muh plot
This is film board, go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

why would you watch this movie with anybody? it's clearly meant for solo viewing.

I doubt u can name something better that's come out. it's a shit year

Song to Song, imbecile.

garbage
try again fag

literally in the OP pal. Three right there. Also Personal Shopper, T2 Trainspotting, even that Edgar Wright trash.

Stupid namefaggot, I already knew you'd spout retarded opinions like that.
Keep rating movies pretending your opinion is worth a shit, capeshiter.

Saw it with a history buff buddy, you just need to know which kind of people you can bring to certain movies.

Fav of the year so far by a fair margin, but also liked Blackcoat's Daughter, After the Storm, and Baby Driver despite some flaws, the immersive sound design was just exceptional.

is it a sequel to World War Z?

my favorite film of the year is pic related
The best is lost city of z

I thought early contenders never won

Weiner Dog was early.

You're correct, we're just bored as fuck, some suffering from cannes withdrawal. I dont even know why OP uses Sup Forums parlance like X of teh Yer

everything you and op listed is trash.
have yet to see baby driver

>admitting you want to see the worst movie in that list
EWWWWW FILTHY PLEB GET AWAY

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore

Nobody has seen it because it got dumped straight to Netflix with no promotion but it won Sundance and it's a pretty fun flick. Nothing truly great has been released this year yet though.

>crying about capeshit
>recommends knight of cups 2 electric boogaloo
sad hypocrisy
same goes for trainspotting 2: dawn of justice

I had a blast with it but the opening scene with neymar is cringy as fuck and then he shows up at the end too. ruins the flick. the guy can't act and it's painful to watch.

It was alright but I much preferred Embrace of the Serpent

Can't find a version with subtitles. Tried to watch it first.