Not even the biggest Marvel shills on CBR defending Civil War II and Marvel Now

>not even the biggest Marvel shills on CBR defending Civil War II and Marvel Now

What went wrong?

They got overconfident and lazy, and assumed that people would eat up everything they shit out.

Tumblr likes it.

Wait, I thought tumblr!tonyfags DIDN'T want him to suffer? Are they really that masochistic?

>tony mad because carol wants to protect and defence people
Why do people like this

hurt/comfort is Tumblr's bread and butter. why do you thin there's so much art of hot guys all bloody and bruised?

No, you see, seeing characters suffer makes Tumblr girls awwwww

Time to hate it.

This the uwwuuuvvv tumblr fangirls and tonyatans just loving the drama, they don't care about the plot being shit.

A lot of comic readers in tumblr think this is bs

That said Tony crying and saying Bruce is his friend doesn’t sit well with me, he fired him into space and left him gor dead like nah fuck that science bros shit.

>This the uwwuuuvvv tumblr fangirls and tonyatans just loving the drama, they don't care about the plot being shit.
They write fanfiction for this shit.

They became overconfident and relied on their rep and the movies to sellfor them. Additionally they don't learn lessons from their failures. They try to push diversity but very few of their diversity books do well because only a few of them have a creative team that give a fuck

Tumblr is pathetic

They killed banner, fuckin dropped!!! Let's burn it to the fuckin ground!!!!

I think the problem is, the different worlds of Marvel don't actually gel. Iron Man doesn't make any more sense in the X-Men world than he does in the Batman universe. In fact, it probably makes less sense.
In any worthwhile, valuable comic you go in depth with the characters. Kinda hard to do that when you puke every superhero you have into one comic.

Also, when you have a bunch of heroes of comparable power teaming up, it gets overpowered and stupid. We don't need a team of The Punisher, Daredevil, and Moon Knight - they all do the exact same thing.

Dream line up: Magneto, Spider Jerusalem, Hell-Boy, Daredevil. Why? Completely different specialties. Magneto would fight overpowered people. Spider Jerusalem would take down public figures through media. Daredevil would directly address corruption and crime. Hell-Boy would deal with the supernatural. One person per specialization. That would actually be interesting.

...okay, I admit, I don't know anything about Civil War 2.

The only place where the users read less comics than Sup Forums

they let bad writers have too much creative control

I think the shared universe is fine, but the bigger problem is that Marvel stopped taking things seriously. Everything feels so meta and tongue in cheek that it stories have lost their direction. A lot of writers phone their work in and there really are no more goals left at Marvel.

>a character in a capeshit book is killed
Well fuck, they certainly will never be back, that's unheard of.

Disney

I like this Marlel meme.
Good job for once, company wars fags.

>and assumed that people would eat up everything they shit out.
This actually still has to be proven wrong. For all we know Marvel Nowest might still sell well regardless if people don't actually finally put their money where their mouth is.

>bad creative decisions
>Bendis on 6+ books
>3-4 other guys on 4+ books
>relaunching shit when it's unnecessary
>constant events

>Following issues of Iron Man already sold out
Absolutely nothing. Seeing as how it'll top the charts for the following months.

I will defend Ewing and Champions to the death and you can't fucking stop me.

Ah yes accountability for something you didn't do. Bravo Carol you fucking dumbass.

Retards took over since nobody cares enough about the comics to stop them because the movies are what bring in real money.

I don't want to believe that there could be so many people going out of their way to buy comics who not only accept but actually want what Bendis writes. Humans are awful, awful beings.

I could swear hose are paid shills.
I won{t even be reading marvel shit until Bendis is fired or the company goes bankrupt, whichever happens first.

I look at that panel, I don't understand what's going on and honestly cannot bring myself to care.

Marvel was bad before Disney, why do people blame them for anything but synergy?

I still don't know whether Banner died from a head shot or shot to the chest

Because Disney is run by Jews, and Jews are by and large the most creatively bankrupt people on this planet.

the arrow went clean through his chest then turned-around mid-air for the headshot

In CBR they are wondering if it will end up being worse than Age of Ultron.
No one likes this.

....post proof because I refuse to believe this

Marvel didn't go pants on head retarded until a little after Disney bought them out

All comapnies are run by jews, nigga.

>until a little after Disney bought them out
So the bullshit that Quesadilla pulled with banning any character from ever smoking a cigar or cigarette again, or when he told comic shops to send in ripped up covers of blackest night and they would get deadpool alt covers in exchange never happened.

Comics are never EVER going to get a proper ending to their characters so that's why I just gave up on comics in general, anything capeshit related I just play vidya or watch movies/cartoons

This.
The problem with the comics is that they have to go on forever.

You are wrong. Disassembled or Civil War was the turn.

I don't understand this mentality. There's nothing wrong with "the adventure continues".

You get burned out

>I don't understand this mentality. There's nothing wrong with "the adventure continues".
There's nothing wrong either with just ending one story, and then starting a new one, from zero.

If you know it's going to go on forever, you just stop fearing character deaths since they'll always come back in some convoluted way.

How? You don't have to read everything.

Not everyone wants to adventure for 50 years.

Character deaths are not required to tell a good story at all. Nor is the threat of them.

Everyone burns at different rate. I was only reading Indestructible hulk and I still get burned out after 2 years.
Bad stories tends to accelerate the rate

At this point, I feel Original Sin was a better event than Civil War 2

I guess that's kind of what I mean. You can just read one or two arcs and take a break. 2 years is not necessary. You should not be forcing yourself to continue. That's a flaw in your own personal choice not something that should be projected on the continuous publishing format.

The only recent event I can think of that comes to close CW2 in terms of awfulness is AvX, and that was 4 years ago

Marvel is hedging their bets on legacy characters and re-inventing their universe to better match their films/what they own. They're doing a pretty good job attracting new readers, especially women and younger people, but the majority of comic book readers don't like change, especially not this rapidly. What Marvel is doing is probably smart. If comic books as an industry are going to survive, you need new blood and new readers.

DC is hitting it big at the moment because they're doing the opposite by pandering to the increasingly older comic book manchildren crowd. Not that I'm complaining. I love classic DC. It makes sense that Marvel would be more liberal and more concerned with social justice and the like. That's what they've always been about since the silver age. It's the fundamental difference between the two companies.

Personally I'm not too excited about the new Marvel Now because it's launching a bunch of new series I have no interest in and interrupting the stories being told yet again for ANOTHER status quo change. I guess I'm glad they're not starting every book from #1 again but looking at the list of Mavel Now titles, there's only 2-3 books I'm actually interested in.

Marvel: At Least It's Not DC™

Marvel should have just rebooted their entire universe if they are just shitting on the old character and replacing them with ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT! characters.

Problem is they are putting out an event, what?, every year now?
The characters barely have time to grow into their roles before a new status quo comes around.
Remember when solo books went up into the 50+ issues count?
I mean staying fresh is all well and good, but how they go at it is stupid as fuck.

Only if you're a characterfag.

Needs complete reboot

Shitting on the old characters is how the new ones survive.

This, if they didn't shove in everyone's faces how great and perfect the new characters are they'd all fail instantly with the only exceptions being characters that are waifu/shipping bait.

You can just read the good stories and ignore the rest. If you're a stupid mutie lover, Bat, super or spiderfag, reading them serially for years or decades(no matter the quality) offcourse you're going to get burned out.

Rage baiting can only carry them for so long.
Sam got 5 years, and now Rich is finally coming back.

SJW !!! Sup Forumsmblr keeps denying the jewi... SJW INFLUENCE!!!! AND YET HERE WE ARE!!!!

HERE WE ARE !!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

fuck you Sup Forumsmblr, you sjw enabling freaks. you ruined everythings. First my video games, now my comics.... what's next. huh? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO RUIN NEXT HUH???? SWAT KATS? PIZZA?!?! WHAT?!?!

FUCK YOU Sup Forumsmblr!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they should make creative new characters that can stand on their own.

They should, but it's very hard to make them catch on with no connections to existing characters.
That new Inhuman in the "Divided We Stand" poster probably won't be around for long.

wait fo' real?

>Problem is they are putting out an event, what?, every year now?
Six months.

What stands on it's own isn't up to Marvel, it's up to customers, and most customers are characterfags who wouldn't dare touch something not related to their favorite character in some way.

but will Rich returning be worth it without DnA at the helm? Marvel Cosmic has gone to shit since they left

Rich Johnson said he next Nova book was going to be about Richard.
Originally, k was going to disregard everything he said, but since all those Marvel writers freaked out at him, there could be some truth to what he said.

That's why comics used to be for kids where you got a new generation every several years and the older ones grew up.

By the time you got "burned out," you were 13 or 14, discovered you had a dick, and wanted a girl to play with it. What Batman was doing didn't matter as much as it did when you were ten.

I feel like they're going to intentionally sabotage him with someone like Hopeless so they can be like "told you so".

I think the bigger problem is that Marvel wants them to be popular RIGHT NOW instead of investing time so that people actually grow attached to them. It's pretty sad that in this day and age no one's willing to commit a lot of time into a character like years ago when, for example, Cassandra Cain came around and became Batgirl (yeah, legacy I know) but turned that title into her very own role and had and fuck long ongoing.

It's still kind of amazing that really bad new characters like Miles Morales continue to survive.

Miles wasn't bad when he was in Ultimate actually. He was pretty much carrying that whole universe by himself.

>What went wrong?
Nothing, I love how comic books tell me all of my socio-political positions make me literally Hitler and that personal responsibility is racist, as is wishing your favorite comic book characters weren't replaced with women and minorities in a cheap attempt to pander to leftists.

You just pick and ending: ASM 141, FF 102, Thor 179 ect..

We can only keep fingers crossed for the WAY off chance it's any good.

Sam is even worse and has abysmal sale figures, but Marvel refused to do anything about it

The majority has to be shit so gems like The Vision can shine all the brighter.

Even if sucks ass, I'll buy 3 copies of each issue and just not read it.
I've waited too long for this, and I won't let him leave us again.

Marvel letter pages are full of adults all the way back into the 60's

Were not defending it because unlike dc shills we dont just suck down company cum and smile like you guys did with johns shoehorning watchmen into maintstream dc cointinuity. Wed acknowledge how fucking unacceptable that is just like we did when thor lost his name to pure cancer.

See we don't just delude ourselves that it must be genius cos our company makes it. We accept good with bad.

Civ war 2 is shit. Plenty of other unrelated titles are not. Marvel now is another unecessary rebranding or reshuffling or whatever. Its idiotic and a cash grab. When it hits well like what we think is good and hate what we think sucks. Same as we always do.

Unlike you dc fags we don't just bend over for our cereal king and go nuts cos sales are high. We wouldn't make pathetic claims like "rebirth is amazing" when there are some good titles and some mediocre and some shit. Then afterward invade every marvel thread and crow about how everything but one title supposedly sucks.

But nope you guys get an issue of superman punching doomsday for an entire issue with zero substance and act like its the fucking kryptonian renaissance. You just got your company too far up your ass to not be its bitch at this point. But hey at least green arrow, aquaman, and nightwing kick ass.

>That said Tony crying and saying Bruce is his friend doesn’t sit well with me, he fired him into space and left him gor dead like nah fuck that science bros shit.
That is pretty much been ignored in favor of their movie friendship. So now he's his sciencebro and another one of his close friends that has been killed.

Banner is in a bit of a weird place. It's not likey are ever gonna make a solo movie with him in it.

Event fatigue.

Marvel had a thing that really worked for them, and decided to start doing NOTHING BUT THAT. As a rule, fans are stupid. Just not stupid enough that when they keep getting fed shit they don't eventually catch on.

I'm a Marvel guy, always has been, but the amount of actually good titles Marvel has been putting out is depressing, and the amount of attention given to bad titles and soulless crossover events that have no purpose but to convince their readers that they're BIG IMPORTANT THINGS THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTING FOREVER PLEASE BUY ALL BOOKS AND TIE-INS SO YOU DON'T MISS A THING ensured that people just lost the ability to give a fuck.

The casuals will gobble it up as usual, see , because they don't pay close enough attention to anything to realise it's just a big bland holding pattern, but casuals don't buy comics. They just repost "cool" panels on their Tumblrs and Twitters. Marvel's losing core fans fast and it's going to hurt them in the long run, especially if/when the movie money stops rolling in.

I really hope the higher-ups stop drinking their own coolaid, realise what's going on, and take steps to restore some sanity, but I'm afraid it'll take more than bad publicity before that happens. I'm also afraid that when it eventually does happen, they'll sooner go full panic mode instead of just taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

>Jews are by and large the most creatively bankrupt people on this planet
Well, after the Chinese anyway.

There are a lot of differences of opinion, but I'd say that it started back with the collector's market and the abandonment of children as the primary audience, especially for superhero books which were really tailor made for them. Once the industry shifted over to adult readers, the long slow journey into night truly began.

What we have now are a bunch of fans with an average age of 40 years old, still playing with the toys from their youth, and demanding that it all be tailor made to suit their interests. So you go to a place like Spiderman Crawlspace and soon find a bunch of sad sacks who want Peter to be married, with children, and possibly retired, since they desperately want the character to grow old and die with them. That was never the case pre-1990. Kids read Spider-Man, and then gave it up just as a new generation came in. And for them, Peter was completely new. So it was a formula that worked. The fact that you also have middle-aged fanboys who basically took over the industry and are living out every piece of fan fiction that ever passed through the brains ("Let's kill off Bruce Banner!" "Let's make Spider-Man a black kid!" "Let's make Iron Man a black chick! And a 15 year old black chick at MIT! That would be so COOL! And like, PROGRESSIVE!") doesn't help matters either. But at the end of the day, they have been rewarded for every repetitive "event," ("Hey guys, who can we kill now?"), every second rate replacement character, and every mind-numbing, atrocious idea that they've ever thrown out there. Because the current readership, even though it is aging, will never be able to stop their buying habits, since it's roughly akin to addiction to drugs.

To paraphrase Frank Zappa, "Superhero comics are now penned by people who can't write, focusing on characters created for kids, in order to provide stories for adults who can't read."

What went wrong? The readers went wrong. And we are still going wrong to this day.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember GotG? Can you spell "beter off dead"?

I would have no problem with change, if I knew it was going to stick around. If I knew that Tony Stark was gone for good, then every story leading up to that point would be interesting because there would be real stakes for the character. But this? I know Stark will be back in two years, at most 5. Whatever change Marvel makes right now, for good or for ill, will just be reversed when the status quo comes knock-knock-knockin on the door right around the time of the next movie, and everything will be the way it was.

...and I know it seems like I can't, myself, but it's my keyboard going through bad times. Honest.

>Tumblr not just reading one panel and saying they read comics

Alan Moore was right

>getting burned out that early
>not wanting Batman to play with your dick

What are you gay

watch as Marvel sales continue to surpass DC by a mile

"we" just don't matter anymore, we aren't the target demographic

I thought DC was killing Marvel in terms of sales?

Anyone talking about The Vision that just came out? I read it and the feels... I kinda want Vision to burn the world and kill everyone.

dude marvel has over half the marketshare whereas DC is only at about what like 27%?

That was old Tony, realizing that he had become the villain and didn't want to live anymore, but that the world needed an Iron Man, Tony erased his memory and basically killed himself so that his friends could upload his consciousness he saved before extremis happened into his body. Basically he rebooted himself and restored the mind he had when he was only a hero and not a tyrant.

This Tony Stark only remembers the good times before the Illuminati decided to shoot hulk into space.

Comic fans aren't your audience anymore
Comic fans are over
Comic fans are dead

Marvel puts out twice as many titles as DC and only has 10% more market share

wow what a shitty handwave to put his halo back

I'm going to do a series polls for All-New All Different Marvel to sort of get a consensus of where everyone feels on each comic, find the best of them before Marvel NOW comes out

Would you think it a good method to start with a poal.me listing every comic released on ANAD, roughly 70-80 with allowing multiple options to be picked, to create a general view of them all before breaking them up into brackets for comparing two at a time ordered by seed?

Because with how much money they make from the movies, what's the point in trying with the books no one reads anymore?