Where did they go wrong?

They got popular.

Josh Whedon poisoned the well.

Avengers was a peice of shit that was shot uglier than 95% of tv shows.

are you talking about the MCU?

I think they started to walk the wrong path with Iron Man 3. With the exception of the Winter Soldier of course.

Thor was bad and Avengers was bad

They didn't.

Is this one of those "it's popular so we must hate it" things?

Right there in the letter V.

reminder than if you think Star Wars 7 was even passable, your opinion is worthless.
Think long and hard before replying to me.

Bingo.

Holy shit did The Avengers look bad, but it made zillions of dollars so Marvel realised they needn't put any effort into it whatsoever.

reminder that star wars 7 is one of the only two good star wars movies.

I will fight your bait with more bait

meme

They didn't. The main white characters are still white and nobody has been replaced with a woman or a minority yet.

The movies are better than the current comics

No its Sup Forums shitposters. They got tired of spamming BVS IS KINO so now theyre doing WHAT WENT WRONG

But episode 5 is good user.

Yeah, that's the other one.

Thor. Took me right out of their little universe and I've been really disinterested in their movies ever since.

So I see we are in the denial stage, eh?

More and more Marvel films continue to make less profit and less profit, and you think there is nothing wrong with this?

This. I really didn't like the Avengers movies, I have no idea why they are so well liked. And they ruined any chance of their "overarcing universe" because
>no X-Men, Magneto
>no Fantastic Four
>Quicksilver is fast enough to catch bullets... with his body
>no daredevil or punisher (show isn't same universe as movies)

meme

Captain America 3 made 400 million more than Captain America 2.
A movie about fucking Ant-Man made half a billion.

I really doubt they'll make Avengers 1 money ever again because Avengers 1 was the first of it's kind, the first superhero team up, the hype was like nothing i've ever seen even up to this day.
They won't make more than Avengers 1, but we are talking about a movie that made 1.5 billion.

Who cares, only virgins care about cinematography.

>Captain America 3
*Avengers 3

meme

And called Captain America.
If Civil War was called Iron Man or Avengers, it would have made a couple hundred million more.
Hell, in a fuckload of parts of Europe it wasn't even called Captain America, but The First Avenger.

Kill yourself faggot and your company wars bullshit

It's not like superhero movies have ever had decent cinematography.
Apart from Nolan's trilogy, I don't think I can recall anyone.
Maybe Tim Burton's Batman?
But not much.
The last blockbuster franchise with good, consistent cinematography was Pirates of the Caribbean.
I'd like to say James Bond since Skyfall was beautiful, but the franchise is all over the place.

>no daredevil or punisher (show isn't same universe as movies)
Yes it is.

prove it

One of the episodes of the first season of Daredevil, there's a newspaper talking about the Chitauri invasion in Avengers 1.

One inarguable fack is that Zack makes stylish films.

Raimi Man and to a lesser extent Singer Men look pretty good.

Civil War made a billion. I guess in DC terms thats failing.

He had a unique style, as seen in 300, Sucker Punch and Watchmen, but it was completely diluted after MoS.

Plus, both MoS and BvS show how he hasn't still moved on completely from his past as music video director, and you can sometimes see that he thinks first of ''cool'' shots and then writes around them, instead of just letting the film flow organically.
Hell, the entire future sequences in BvS were blatantly made to make cool shots and to put those scenes in the trailer.

Not to mention that, for some reason, there's a huge lack of stablishing shots, which are the best time for cinematography to shine.

????

MoS>BvS>Watchmen

In terms of cinematoghraphy.

You're right that MoS was music video esque, but BvS was pretty restrained shot wise.

Nothing, they discovered what people like in movies: characters.
They managed to build a franchise out of characters that people like, and considering this franchise is 8 years old, there's already a lot of people that grew up with Iron Man, Cap and the others, just like people here grew up reading about them in comics.

If you make characters that people like, you already succeeded, because people won't care that much about the plot, they'll just want to see those characters doing things.
Pirates of the Caribbean was a success because of Jack Sparrow, X-Men in movies has always been popular because of Wolverine, and the MCU itself only exists because people liked Tony Stark, and now because they like Cap.

>movies are technically shit so better play the characterfag card

>movies are technically shit
What do you mean?

Music (with exeptions) cinematography, tone, script etc...

>Music (with exeptions) cinematography, tone
Nobody cares about these.

>script
It's a superhero movie, of course the plot is absolute garbage, they all are.

It's the same universe, but it isn't really important because they're never going to mention them in the movies. It's all a one way street, and the movie people don't give a fuck.

So?
They are still there.
They are just in TV shows.

>Nobody cares about these.
Not actively, but they do matter and can influence whether or not someone enjoys watching a movie.

Who cares about that?

Only the regards at Sup Forums

Believe me, it's all about the characters when talking about blockbusters.
If people don't like the characters, they'll shit on them.
BvS had decent cinematography, they had Hans Zimmer himself doing the soundtrack, and they still shat on it because they didn't like Superman and Batman being pricks.

meme

This board provides some very thoughtful posts.

*because it wasn't "fun"

ftfy

>this pic
good bait, I'm biting

Hulk could beat both.
Thor could beat both.

meme?

That's another one, it's joyless.
Nobody wants to watch a dumb superhero movie and come out of the theatre wanting to kill himself because everyone is a prick and everything is depressive.

I don't think they did? They're making lots of money and I'm going to go see everything they're churning out.

BvS was just wasn't salvageable.

AKA because they don't have likeable characters.

Those people complaining about ''fun'' are complaining they don't get to watch characters they like doing stuff.
The Dark Knight, pretty serious movie, liked, in the end, because of the Joker.

Laser guns are standard SHIELD equipment, any goober can take out those jobbers.

>Thor and Hulk could beat people who can perceive actions taking place over a fraction of a second when they were children, and as adults have enough power to destroy a planet with a finger

This is what capefags actually believe

And then they had to fuse and make Gogeta go Super Saiyan 4 to beat them since their biggest power is jobbing.

meme

Goku can be taken out by a mook with a laser gun. This is a fact.

I'm curious. When did we start hating the Avengers?

Around the time the "capekino" meme became a thing?

>we
wew lad

When people decided to rewatch it and got over the novelty of it being the first super hero team up movie.

When the MCU got popular.

It was good for it's time but after repeated viewings it's flaws start showing

It doesn't hold up to repeat viewings. This is a common problem with many MCU films such as Cap 3, GOTG, Ant-Man, Thor, etc.

When he lets his guard down, sure

but if he's focused there's nothing Hulk or Thor or any capefag hero (save for broken bullshit like Phoenix or something) could do to him

He still gets hurt by been knocked into a cliff and making a small crater in Super. Humans were able to get the drop on Goku black. I think they can manage.

I want to have sex with Chris Evans.

Can't Thor and Hulk just take the fight to space and just let the void kill at least Vegeta who can't teleport out?

pls be in London

I want you to get aids.

Hitting the cliff isn't what really hurt him, it's the blow from whoever he's fighting. The earth breaking against him tickles by comparison

I'm not up to date on Black in super but super's been pretty bullshit anyhow, why should that be any different?

Thor and Hulk would never do that, it's not how they kill. and even if they tried Vegeta would break their hold effortlessly and blast them back

>and even if they tried Vegeta would break their hold effortlessly
lol

> Avengers 3
Iron Man 5

>There's an actual, honest to God power level discussion involving Dragon Ball Z in this thread
How did I end up in 2006 DeviantArt?

>and even if they tried Vegeta would break their hold effortlessly and blast them back
Just like how Raditz broke Goku's hold effortlessly, right?
Powerlevels are such nonsense. Let's end this here.

I'm in a similar boat to you but swap Thor for Iron Man 2 as the film which killed my interest in the MCU.

Not before you :)

>Implying episode 3 us bad
Nice meme

Fuck off Lucas.

no u

ROTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eating deer feces>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TFA

TFA has a clearly defined protagonist.
Just because of that it's already superior to the prequels.

Oh, you're a Plinkettdrone.
Eat my taint.

MCU is 100 times better than MArvel comics

>Oh, you're a Plinkettdrone.
What?

Can't wait for the Plinkett review of TFA just to get cunts like you to shut up

Both Mike and Jim liked TFA.

meme

GotG holds up fine, I've seen it more times than other MCU movie and I enjoy it every time.

Your taste is not objective user.

>he didn't watch the whole review

They didn't.

Nor is yours.

>unironically watching Reddit Letter Media

you're grammer is p bad 2beeH

They're fine for what they are. The problem is the influence they're having in the comics.

Spider-Gwen x Spider-Ben, Spider-when?

>one of the most successful and popular film franchises of all time
>"going wrong"

They've had some decent sized hiccups, but the MCU is still a powerful money printing machine.

I never said it was. But as long as there are people that can enjoy it multiple times (and please don't patronize me, I'm plenty discerning with my taste regardless of how it may differ from yours) you can't claim that the movies don't hold up to repeat viewings. If that was the case these movies wouldn't be nearly as successful in theaters or home releases.