Red pill me on Great Britain, Sup Forums

How did one tiny population of people, on a tiny island off the coast of Europe conquer 1/4 of the Earth and create the modern world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai#Portuguese_and_British_rule
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangier#History
youtube.com/watch?v=sDGWr8kMBk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

European blood, freind.
European blood.
We may have the British Empire, but look at the French, Spanish, German, Portugese, Russian and other such empires..
It's because of our superiority.
We are Europeans.
We have spread our pure blood across the world.
And it was because of our RACIAL FEELING.
We must fight for its presivation.

English genius.

>Mumbai
>On 11 May 1661, the marriage treaty of Charles II of England and Catherine of Braganza, daughter of King John IV of Portugal, placed the islands in possession of the English Empire, as part of Catherine's dowry to Charles.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai#Portuguese_and_British_rule

>Tangier
>The Portuguese rule lasted until 1662, when it was given to Charles II of England as part of the dowry from the Portuguese Infanta Catherine of Braganza, becoming English Tangier.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangier#History

You could start by thanking us.

Well for a time, I guess the genetic impact of fucking the same people on an island for a couple hundred years led to your irrelevent state now.

WE

Being on an Island helps.

>irrelevant

Continentals aren't much higher than niggers compared to us desu.

Where is the Madagascar empire? Where is the Cuba empire? Where is the Indonesian empire?

FPBP, really.
Just add to that the fact that the geography meant that the English could become a decent scale European power (thanks to the agricultural lowland zone of the archipelago in the southeast being of sufficient size to enable use to dominate the other islanders) while enjoying a certain degree of safety from continental invaders thanks to the Channel. The geological diversity of the island of Great Britain helped too - coal and iron ore being plentiful. At a point when others had discovered new worlds to conquer, we had the luxury of not getting too involved in Continental squabbles, while feeling sufficiently threatened to build a decent navy that ultimately gave us the edge in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Oh, and this too:

Because we had the English channel and a more moderate climate than Scotland. We had more Roman influence, more viking and Anglo-Saxon, we're all of the best most incredible conquerers and thinkers all muddled into one superior untermensch.

That's the English when we're at our best.

You have no influence in the world. The Asian nations (you know the ones that did fuck all until the 19 century) have more global impact and contribute more to the world today than you do.

You're not even the most powerful country in Europe anymore. Fucking Germany lost two world wars, is fucking themselves in the ass with foreigners, and they are still the top dog of Europe.

I give it a hundred years before you resort back to your pre-Roman conquered selves, disgusting island dwellers that resemble the fucking Slavs.

They weren't European

WE

Hahaha, Hillary 2016.

No hard feelings between us oldest ally in the world ever.

However, Spaniards can shove a Chorizo up their ass as they dream the impossible of reclaiming Gib clay

That shit stain that is London

Anglican Christianity

>You have no influence in the world.
En que lengua has escrito este mensaje, Chingachgook?

Also love for Portugal for being such a bro

>ITT idiots who haven't learned enough history to know that the centre of power has been moving west all through time.
You get your turn, tell yourself it's because you're superior, humanity learns nothing, then your turn is past.

> "Great" Britain

More like Mediocre Britain, amirite?

Reporting in!

FULL of muslims

xD

High IQ.

Because we are fucking GOAT

fresh supply of sharp knives and cloaks

shapeshifting

Wow that picture is amazing

is it real?

>have island
>can't stop pakis from coming in
>can't stop them roaming the streets and creating rape gangs

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Great""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Britain

WE

WUZ

PURE

Where is the Iceland empire? Where is the Ireland empire? Literally all of the other islands in Europe are either fucking tiny or were entirely subjugated by continental nations.

>How did one tiny population of people, on a tiny island

They DID own a good piece of France bro

Basically Britain is the best of the best, are win/lose ratio for war is spectacular we have literally beaten everyone including the dumb fuck Yanks who were such shameful people they actually had to ask the french for help. America has lost basically 9/10 of all the wars they have been in.

can't be

Iceland to inhospitable, Ireland got fucked by the Brits. What other big enough islands are there?

because you live on a big Island

Im northern Irish and hate Taigs more than mudlslimes, but the Celts fucked your shit up for a long time.

Yeah we were surrounded by the power nations of our time plus fighting of the fucking Romans.

What legacy does your shithole country have?

>because you live on a big Island
For you.

Romans conquered most on your island with value. I'm not saying your empire wasn't impressive for the last 300 years but you have to admit that being on an island has a massive advantage. The powers around you have to get on it first and then still have a logistical nightmare. My shithole is flat, easy, small and in the middle of the great powers with no natural defenses.

We invented time travel and went back to create the future first

We're a very based people lad

it's a fair point, but it also works the opposite way. Being an island might be great for defense (950 years not out), but it also means any invasion force has to be ferried around and is therefore vulnerable to navies.

>Romans conquered most on your island with value.
Aye, cos the English hadn't got there yet.

Yes that's true. I guess I'll have to admit it. Brits are the master race.

Why are we in this photo?

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

I don't know, you potato niggers don't deserve to be so close to our glorious kingdom

British got their empire by enslaving the Irish and taking their ancient advanced technology.

>create the modern world?
how arrogant can you get?

>Britain fits into France slightly more than twice

It's not arrogant when it's true

WE

Best ally

>creates the largest empire ever
>is responsible for the formation of the world's biggest superpower, both indirectly(forcing a revolution) and directly(many bongs involved in making US weren't even colonists, they were straight from britain)

The feeling is mutual brother.

Yaaargh, we ware ta real kengs and queens of Angland!

What is medicine
What is the industrial revolution
What is democracy
What is fucking civilisation senpai

Its an island nation that's big enough to actually have its own resources instead of just a few trees and some dirt. This allows them to hold their own in long wars, and their island nature meant that boating became very important. This combination of resources and boats meant the English navy was ridiculously powerful, which allowed them to conquer distant lands.

>RACIAL FEELING
BOWDENITE DETECTED

ayy lmao white people

NYEEEUUEEEEAAARRRGGHH

SSTREEEENGTH AND GRRIINDING AGONY

AND PPPPPPOWOWWWWERR

AND GGGLLLLLOOOORY

its not about where you are from, rather where you are presently at. :0

>mfw even when though our empire has fallen we still lead the world in soft power only *slightly* behind America despite one of its 50 states being bigger than our entire country

The Enlightenment, mostly. It was the first civilization to adopt a more or less open-ended system of idea creation, where most ideas could be challenged and replaced if found wanting.

The doubling time in technological development that follows from such a cultural shift compresses so quickly that you get a kind of step function in world history, analogous to the step function between foraging and farming tens of thousands of years ago.

The British Empire, armed with Enlightenment technologies, would have been unstoppable with even a tenth of its population and resources.

BASED
A
S
E
D

If you dont know who Jonathan Bowden is you retards need to get to know:

youtube.com/watch?v=sDGWr8kMBk8

He's right you know... "White Man's Burden" and all

>How did one tiny population of people, on a tiny island off the coast of Europe conquer 1/4 of the Earth

The French fucked up, had a revolution, killed of their aristocracy/experienced naval personnel, neutered their own navy, new navy was blockaded, couldn't gain experience, new shipping was destroyed, Trafalgar happened, France and Spain now neutered, Britannia rules the waves uncontested for 120 years, Empire.

Or something like that.

it is because your people used to be the most disgusting, violent, hateful people that have ever lived. go kys

>Medicine civilization democracy
Greek things anglo

>What is medicine
Are you saying GB is the only country that contributed to medicine research?
>what is the industrial revolution
happened in England first yes, but are you saying that if it wasnt England it wouldn't have happened in France or Germany but bit later?
>What is democracy
Greece, also democracy sucks
>What is fucking civilization
???

Now don't get me wrong, im not stating that english culture wasn't relevant or anything, it did contribute to the world ALOT, but saying that it CREATED modern world seems silly.

Educate me if im wrong

>modern world
>implying 'modern world' isnt just satanic degeneracy
once again, fucking kill yourself

it's the home of islandjews

Because its easy to conquer third world countries that dont even had a industrial revolution when you have guns.

Yet you couldn't be bothered to put any real effort into it.

It's the home of the true masterrace.

'Great' Britain means 'Great' in terms of size.

To distinguish us from Brittany in France which was lesser Britain.

>Are you saying GB is the only country that contributed to medicine research?
Medicine would still be shit-tier if not for Darwin

>happened in England first yes, but are you saying that if it wasnt England it wouldn't have happened in France or Germany but bit later?
You just conceded that, they didn't, we did

>What is democracy
>Greece, also democracy sucks
Magna Carta

>>What is fucking civilization
>???

^^

You forget Britain had to fight other world powers to obtain and keep those territories.

You're just butthurt you never had a significant empire.

Why are carswell and clegg in this pic?

Industrial Revolution
English language
Finance

I can't think of one thing Poland has given to the world apart from toilet cleaners.

Viking
Roman
Christianity
Saxon

The British are an example of evolution making the perfect human

I have no idea. I guess Clegg is laughing at his own failure.

>The British are an example of evolution making the perfect human
This desu

I've listened to many of Bowden's speeches and got a good laugh out of this

I'm sorry to say to my fellow continentals who seem to be slightly salty to the idea, but they (and to a slightly lesser extent) did form the world we live in today.

They literally made the framework for modern finance (see The Wealth of Nations), they connected the world with the telephone the steamboat and the train, their morals are what we base our own on now (if it were traditional continental morals, everything would be a lot more autocratic), they made the television, they made the modern democratic structure, they made the fucking world wide web.

Jesus guys, I get the eternal Anglo thing is a meme that people like on here, but up do actually realise the unrivaled impact on the world the UK had, right?

*To a lesser extent the French