So, what's up with all the twitching black bars?

So, what's up with all the twitching black bars?

I realized that too, it's actually the different type of aspect ratio in each of the camera they use for the movie.

Might be the difference of lens/aspect ratio settings of wide angle or telephoto lens between IMAX camera or the 3D camera or the normal camera they used.

but the inconsistencies does bugs me.

I used to wonder why they didn't shoot the entire movie with IMAX cameras but they are so loud you can't record the actors dialogue.

>MOVE BITCH GET OUTTA MY WAY
>MOVE BITCH GET OUTTA MY WAY

So many things is happening in this movie and the graphics was beautiful but each and everyone of the scenes just doesn't feel good.

Also is it just me or the editing for this movie is a bit choppy?

Yes. I've heard that Bay cut about 40 minutes off.

I saw it twice (firstly online) so I could even pay attention to what was happening.

>Paramount expects a successful Transformers Cinemtatic Universe
>after that ending
Now that the movie's bombed in China, the only direcition this series can go is to wait a few years for a very very hard reboot. Especially with how fucked up the whole plot's been.

Previous movie that was backed by Chinese company work well since half of the recording was made to show the country of China and it's people.

So for them it was interesting to see your own country being depicted in a movie where giant robots fight.

But the blatant product placement.. It just seems off

Does the aspect ratio change in regular theatres too? or only in Imax?

regular theater too

Yes. I saw it in a regular theatre and the aspect ratio changed often.

>Bumblebee will be directed by the director of Kubo
There may yet be a future for this franchise critically, but seeing as this bombed in fucking China of all places, it looks like the damage has already been done.

What scenes would you take away from the movie if you're the director?

That's nothing new. In the first movie, the cube thing starts turning regular machines into Transformers, including a Mountain Dew vending machine, and a Xbox 360. IIRC, the 360 even makes the bootup sound when it transforms.

The next transformers needs to be a hard R with gratuitous sex scenes (robo and human)

at the theatre i saw it in the black bars were on the sides for the entire flick

hard to pay attention due to my autism

I think most of the viewers think that's okay since it's brands that we all knew and can relate too.

But a chinese app with chinese words on an american phone is really something. Guest it's investors first for the production house.

it'll change about 20 times in one minute in a conversation scene

>no Quintessa milking a bound Prime's robocock by stimulating his crankcase

Also, why the fuck have there not been more female Transformers, Autobot or Decepticon. They showed the bikes in Tf 2 but then they didn't do shit!

Where's Black Arachnia already..

The next transformers they will have to destroy some parts in China and have a Chinese bombshell as side character just to get their target audiences and investor happy.

Gotta have that PRC money

Oh boy they fucked up good this time didn't they.

Shit movie, shit technology, fastest edits in the business.

If the audience doesnt have a headache by the non-story and clanking of metal parts with split second editing, they will get a headache by the aspect ratio flopping around.

This is gonna be worse in international theatres where the screen is 2.35 and they dont matte for 1.85.

So the imax sequences will have black bars on the side and regular screens will have black bars on all for sides.

pic related

Not shooting the film in full IMAX is pure autism. The same shit happened when I saw TDK and TDKR. it was so fucking annoying

>BUT LE ACTORS CANT TALK :(
There's something called adr you know

>>BUT LE ACTORS CANT TALK :(

Wait, what's this issue?

The IMAX camera is known to be operating with high processing noise, making recording sound and using the sound recorded from the camera is useless.

Never knew that, thanks

I think something about IMAX means there's a runtime limit if you try to film the whole movie that way, the issue is with theaters or something I forget what it is

also ALL dialog is ADR for these big movies. All of it.

or just simply because of cost

Shit. You're right. I think the limit is 85 minutes or something?

I think Interstellar imax footage was that long iirc

Runtime limit is 2hr 30 mins and limit only applies to 70mm films not digital imax.

That whole half a minute 'chaste' conversation
>"duuuuuude"
that blatant budlight ad
>"oh no, you're not leaving me with that 4' mental psychopath. i prefer the word sociopath"

Can't remember anything else

did Edmund need to visit the prime minister at all?

I hope there will be an extended edition.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I'll never watch that movie again now

Unfortunately, that character kinda ruined the movie BUT I thought he was voiced really well and I really love his work on Downton Abbey so hearing him say bitch was pretty fun.