Ridiculous plots from The Silver Age. Go

Ridiculous plots from The Silver Age. Go.

I shitpost in your thread while superman eats donuts

One time Jimmy Olsen found a hot Nordic woman frozen in a fjord who had apparently been there for hundreds of years, and when he thawed her out she fell in love with him to the chagrin of his girlfriend Lucy.

Except the woman wasn't a frozen Nordic maiden at all. She was a robot sent and controlled by the all-male Jimmy Olsen Fan Club to make Lucy jealous, because they all believed that Jimmy was too good for her.

bump

Quite, this is incredibly on point. And trips!

Based Jimmy fan club. Jimmy should stay pure, even if by force.

Cyclops convinces the Sentinels that killing the X-Men isn't efficient enough. If they really want to eradicate mutants they should fight the source of mutation, so they fly off to destroy the sun

kek- anyone got issue number?

Captain America was actually a Hydra agent all along.

oh wait

>Jimmy should stay pure

user, Superman already used that boipussy a hundred times.

This feels like the kind of idea olicity shippers would come up for stephen amell

This issue was weird.

Then again, isn't weird what this thread is about?

I'd post his best plan, but it was technically Bronze Age

hijacking thread: what's the most ridiculous age of comics? Gold, silver or bronze?

The Gorilla Age

That time when the Trickster used some kind of radiation ray to make the Flash's head gigantic, whereupon it was hopefully to explode.

That time when the Top built a spinning nuke shaped like a giant grenade, and it was supposed to blow up half the planet so he went to the other side to be safe from it.

That time when Mirror Master switched legs with the Flash.

Or how about the time Abra Kadabra turned Flash into a puppet?

Dark? Pouches everywhere!

I'm just gonna post stuff from superdickery.com

>Vashda Nerada

In another dimension, some bald guys have a miniature city that is a perfect replica of Central City right down to little replicas of every citizen walking around living their lives, including the Flash.
The bald alien guys discover the Flash, form a fan club for him, and delight to his doings every day.
One of them transports himself to the real Central City and realizes that the simulation is set an hour ahead of real time. So he starts betting on horse races and playing stock market games and making tons of dosh while disguised as a normal person.
He decides that the Flash is the biggest threat to him and resolves to take care of him first. One of the other bald guys sees the simulated Flash run into the rich guy's house and get shot dead. Instead of just not telling Flash until the hour is passed, they tell him and he goes "welp, better check that out" like an idiot.
So he runs faster than the image of himself in some weird kind of astral projection (speed force, so fuck logic), replaces the bullet in the gun with a blank and runs back to his image, then runs in the room pretends to get shot, and then gets up and apprehends the guy. He then sends him back to his dimension, and the bald guys destroy the only way back to Flash's world but keep the simulation so they can keep jacking it to the Flash.

I guess when they saw the little Flash get shot, everyone collectively shat themselves and panicked instead of watching the simulation for another five seconds.

The bald dude here is just taking the image of Central City for the simulation. This cover is a complete fakeout.

bump

As Self important and moronic as jimmy normally was...Lucy was really a super-bitch even by Silver Age GF standards

Iris West was nicer

Iris was even more of a cunt than Lois is was back in the day.

Any Superman comics where Krypto and Superman switch bodies ??? And then Clark has to go to work and Krypto ends up writing a report not he best tasting dog food and wins a Pulitzer

OH Heck! my reading comprehension was turned off when i read your post, sorry user

I'd forgive Lois simply because she was generally mean to Clark who wasn't her Boyfriend (unlike Iris who was suppose to at least like Barry). She was nice enough to Superman when she wasn't trying to trick him into marriage. She seemed to actually like him

Carol was mean to Hal but she was his boss and they seemed to date only occasionally anyway.

Lucy Lane made Iris West look like Mera

Frustrated by sexism in the workplace, Lois Lane takes up Kent Clark as a male pen name at the same time as a new super-hero who looks just like Superman but with different colored hair arrives in Metropolis. Lois' column is so successful it replaces Clark's, and the public and Daily Planet turn on Superman with the new super-hero showing him up. Clark appears to be severely depressed, but at the end after one young kid refuses to give up on Superman it turns out he orchestrated the whole thing to see how much Metropolis really depends on him.

>This cover is a complete fakeout.
I've heard that Julius Schwartz, a major DC editor in the 60s, would start with the idea for the cover and then the interior story would be based on the cover.
So the cover became the point of departure instead of an existing peak of high concept.
Which often lead to very creative stories that didn't have much to do with the cover.

That time the Fantastic Four hired Matt Murdock to go over some contracting stuff because they were renovating.

Matt Murdock decides to check out the Baxter Building, Electro coincidentally was trying to rob the F4.

Murdock switches to Daredevil, but is knocked out by Electro. Electro ties him up AND SHOOTS HIM INTO SPACE.

DD wakes up, realizing he is on a spaceship and is able to pilot it safely back to NYC because "muh feelin n hearin."

Chases Electro around town. And defeats him. F4 fires Murdock because the Baxter Building is in such disarray.

All in the course of an afternoon.

Superman convinces Bizarro to turn over a new leaf and live a life of peace. Unfortunately, Bizarro becomes a teacher and starts teaching classes in Bizarro speak, Bizarro maths and Bizarro logic. Metropolis has become the stupidest city in the US! Superman has to turn Bizarro into a villain again to save Metropolis' children.

He should've just made him teach Bizzarro political science. Then you'd just end up with Sup Forums.

Remember that time Grodd reincarnated as a bald guy and made Barry become grossly obese and he lost all the weight by sitting in a room full of potatoes to drain the water?

This is pretty hot.

one would think a room full of potatos would have the opposite effect.

Two things about this that ALWAYS crack me up

1. He built a life-size statue of Superman for no real reason
2. He goes about conquering the world by shooting at the United Nations building with some science gun

Imagine the conversations he must have had with his wife about that statue.

>Lex honey, I don't like it
>THATS YOUR FUTURE SON YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!
>but did you have to make it so big... and give it that creepy deadpan stare too? It make me uncomfortable lex...Can we at least put a sheet over it?
>NO LARA. WE CAN'T. I SPENT 6 GODDAMN MONTHS SCULPTING THIS THING. ITS STAYING AS IS.

>lucy made iris look like mera
fucking kek!
yea i love that Hal and Carol's relationship has never worked, even tho its just aping bruce and selina but whatevs

All of them?

I love it.

Have we all forgotten this classic?

It all comes together!

Kanigher's run was closer to the Golden Age, but it was a madhouse.

One adventure was Wonder Woman dreaming about a Gray Goo Scenario monster from a meteorite that ate a Records collection, fell in love with her teenage self and held the entire world hostage via stolen Nuclear WMDs to get her.

This was taken care of by making Wonder Girl into a Human Time Machine and sending him back to prehistoric times, just before the meteor that killed the dinosaurs hit.

Is it weird that part of me would prefer the Fat and Short Wonder Woman than the regular one?

No? Okay then.

.... is that a sex thing?

That's a fucking sweet plot.

I would too, user

The potatoes were actually besides the point. It was a room specifically for dehydrating the potatoes, so Flash simply joined them in their potato anti-sauna for a while

Keked and Checked

What about that one time Jimmy was dating and planning to marry a woman named Princess Ilona, who came from a place called the Sunev galaxy?

This in turn causes her Ex-Husbands to stop by and then as a form of revenge/jealousy, decide to just fuck around with his body.