Why are most Star Wars fans so retarded...

Why are most Star Wars fans so retarded? Fans kicking and screaming when shittiest actor ever Anthony Ingruber wasn't cast as Han Solo because of a passing resemblance to Harrison Ford, actually liking the prequels, thinking Rogue One is good. What is wrong with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/01/25/excluding-rey-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-toys-is-really-dumb/
forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2016/01/12/after-outcry-disney-launches-new-rey-toys-for-star-wars-fans/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Star wars is dead

The guy who owned it did the right thing by not producing any more movies

Now we have Normie's saying omg star wars is so COOL.
No its not
Back in the day YES
Just a new generation of Harry Potter fags

Most Star Wars fans still shit on the prequels what the fuck are you talking about.

Phantom Menace is a better movie than Attack of the Clones.

Nah, if so then the prequel defenders are the vocal minority. I've seen almost nothing but love and people defending the prequels lately. Probably because the kids who grew up with the are now old enough to use the internet and it's their turn to be blinded by nostaliga, the very thing they accuse fans of the originals as being.

The Force Awakens is the best Star Wars movie since Empire though. The Last Jedi is probably going to be even better.

You...must not browse any community that considers themselves a Star Wars community. Which I shouldn't expect you to, but still. There's already backlash against Rogue One and The Force Awakens and the crop of youtube channels about SW that popped up about last year are all filled with comments that take shots at the prequels.

Nah, I don't see that much anymore. Hence, this thread. I've seen overwhelming support for the prequels and hate for The Force Awakens, Youtube comments especially. "Anthony Ingruber should have been cast as Han Solo" is definitely the most frequent (and retarded) comments though.

>Star wars is dead

The guy who owned it did the right thing by not producing any more movies

You SURE???????

>Phantom Menace is a better movie than Attack of the Clones.

No shit sherlock......

You just figured it out???????????

Star Wars has always been a normie franchise, dick.

Lucas made it for kids. It naturally attracts manchildren.

Phantom Menace is a better movie than the other two prequels. AotC is bottom of the barrel, it's ridiculously bad.

>I've seen overwhelming support for the prequels and hate for The Force Awakens,
Well, maybe that's because the force awakens is shit, a worse kind of shit than the prequels. At least the prequels tried to be original and creative, adding new ideas to the franchise. TFA is just a rehashed modern propaganda merchandising movie.

You are retarded. ROTS is definitely better than TPM. The correct ranking is as follows:

4>5>3>6>1>7>2

The hate the prequels got when they were released was a bit extreme. Yes the OT is by far superior, but there are some things the prequel triliogy has going for it. Things that are honestly better than the OT. Things such as the music. It is far better in the Prequels. Williams was fucking killing it. The lightsaber duels were also far better than anything the OT had to offer in that regard. Really just the displays of the force in general are better. Lastly one could argue that the general backstory and premise of the prequels have the potential for a far greater story than the OT. The issue is that Lucas is a fucking hack when it comes to writing, so that potential is wasted.

The issue with TFA is that it has absolutely nothing going for it. It is literally just a shitty rehash of ANH.

The Phantom Menace better than The Force Awakens?? What? 4, 5, 6 and 7 are all superior to the prequels

The lightsaber fights aren't better since they have absolutely nothing going on other than guys swinging lightsabers at each other. Terribly unexiting. The amount of spins and twirls is the least important thing in a movie fight. TFA got it right, and so did the originals.

TFA had nothing going on for it? It was back to being what Star Wars was originally about, a fun adventure movie with fun likable characters. The movie was fun and exciting and so were tha characters.

>Star Wars is propaganda

Uh, right... Lmao.

*I like the prequels because they were entertaining when I was a kid
*I didn't like Rogue One
*I couldn't care less about the Han Solo movie

You are kidding right? They are fucking space wizard. Their fights should be a little bit more flashy than two decrepit old men swinging sticks at each other.

And no. It wasn't about "being what star wars was originally about" it literally just followed the same general premise of ANH

Star Wars is garbage.
Stargate is better.

I said the flashiness is the least important. The characters, their motivation and the audience's emotional investment is the CORE of movie fights. The prequels had NOTHING of that. Boooring.

Star Wars was a fun adventure movie with fun characters. The Force Awakens was a fun adventure movie with fun characters. How is that not Star Wars?

Because m-muh MaRey Sue. It always comes back to that no matter how they try to deny it. TFA wouldn't get nearly as much hate if the protagonist had been male.

You'll get a million responses complaining when you say this but that's the thing that causes the most consistent anger on this board. If Rey was male, more people would wave off TFA as an eh rehash or just alright. She causes the real fury.

RotS is a retarded rape of the original trilogy and painful edgy fanfiction tier of writing drowning in awful drama.

>4 above 5
>3 above anything from the OT
Dear sir, I'm sorry to tell you that you do suffer from a severe case of shit taste.

>2 at the bottom
At least you got that one right.

>The lightsaber duels were also far better than anything the OT had to offer

It only felt that way in TPM though, AotC and RotS had much weaker choregraphy that could be summed up was flailing around very fast.

What are you talking about? How donthe OT fights have more motivation and emotion behind them than the prequels? I definitely don't understand how you can say TFA do.

Also your whole "TFA is a return to star wars form" argument is weak as fuck. Never said TFA wasn't star wars. But guess what. The prequels are Star Wars too.

Seems like you are really grasping for straws here..

Fuck off faggot. Stop implying. I never even mentioned Rey.

Yes TPM is superior to TFA. Not even arguable. TFA is a fucking rip off of ANH. TPM wasn't good but at least it was original.

>rape of the originals

What are you even talking about retard?

>4 above 5

Umm yeah? It's the better fucking movie and what started it all.

>3 above 6

Jesus fucking christ. Take off the nostalgia goggles fuck tard. 6 was bad.

OT had master vs apprentice, boy vs the monster who killed is father who turns out to be his father, boy vs father whom he's trying to turn from darkness.

PT had bland good guys vs flat bad guy who are fighting because one is bad and one is good for the first two movies, nothing at ALL going on except the fact that they were fighting. Boooring. Episode 3 had more going on but it's really diluted considering the excessive lenght over the top cherography and setpieces and the fact that the characters suck.

The prequels tried to be some sort of wanna be edgy polticial whatever, ended up as complete nonsense.

So, TPM is a horrible movie, yet it's a better movie than TFA because it was original? That is retarded reasoning. TFA was well made, fun and exciting. TPM was none of those things. The originality is irrelevant.

Clones is easily better. TPM has no plot. Detective Obiwan is the only thing that makes the prequels worthwhile.

Prequels had the same Master V. Apprentice fight retard. Not to mention them also being best friends was more prevalent.

I think you listed like what? Every single lightsaber duel in the OT? The prequels obviously had way more, so some are bound to not be as "emotionally" invested. But there are easily just as many that do have as much motivation/emotions as the OT.

Regardless you are arguing one single point of my original post. The prequels had stuff going for them. Stuff that TFA did not have.

Oh sorry, forgot the mention the amazing and emotional Obi-Wan vs Grievous fight. Seriously? I brought up the MAIN fights of the saga. Are you even reading what I'm writing? I clearly separated Episode 3 from the other ones, retard. You didn't bring up any other points than that so try again.

>Clones is easily better
With mild to heavy retardation, probably.

>TPM has no plot
This is either retardation or massive ADHD.

>Detective Obiwan is the only thing that makes the prequels worthwhile
Artistic direction and the score are the only good things about the prequel trilogy.

Other than "originality", name one thing the prequels had that TFA didn't.

a discussion on the merits of sand

>It's the better fucking movie and what started it all
>he actually believes that sequels can't top the original
Anyway, it's a known fact that ESB is the peak of the franchise.

>6 was bad
>still having the balls to put the abomination that is 3 above
Just stop embarassing yourself any longer and go to bed already Bizarro.

Obi Wan. Sheev. A good fucking score.

TFA didn't have characters who died decades before it takes place? Shocker.

Exactly, TFA didn't have worthwhile characters at all.

Did TFA have anything at all to begin with?

A fucking bomb ass score better than even the OT.

TFA didn't have the strongest characters, but Daisy and John are both charismatic as hell. Han is awesome. The prequels had characters that were flat and one-dimensional AND bland AND flat AND unlikable AND had zero charisma AND didn't act like humans. Bad combo.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with how good the movies themselves are. Good job proving my point at least.

>Daisy and John are both charismatic as hell
You're mistaking charismatic with mematic.

>Han is awesome
Harrison "kill my character already" Ford was so fucking tired.

> a score has nothing to do with a movie
You really need to tone down the autism.

>You're mistaking charismatic with mematic.

No, charismatic is definitely the word I was looking for.

>Harrison "kill my character already" Ford was so fucking tired.

Seriously? Harrison was more fun than he has been in years. Han hasn't been this good since Empire, either.

>> a score has nothing to do with a movie
>You really need to tone down the autism.

And you need to learn how to quote. That's not what I said, retard.

>Seriously? Harrison was more fun than he has been in years. Han hasn't been this good since Empire, either.

My god, if you're not getting paid by the mouse then you're a literal, honest to god downie. He did nothing but grumble his lines out while giving the least effort possible. He said himself he only did the movie if they killed Han. His entire performance can be summed up as "I'm just here for my paycheck." John's performance was wasted on a shell of a character and godawful script, and Rey beginning to end was irritating.

End yourself.

Compare Harrison in this movie to his performance in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Huge difference. Here, he actually does seem interested. He grumbles because he's old dumbass, listen to him in interviews. Captured the same Han from the originals, just more weary one. And unlike ROTJ, he actually affected the plot.

Finn the runawy Stormtrooper who decides to stand up and fight against the very people who robbed him of his family and childhood is a shell of a character? And you're comparing this to the prequels? Jesus. Good thing you're writing all this down, wouldn't be able to hear what you were saying with George's dick in your mouth.

god he looks dead inside

>it's so dense

How can you be this retarded?

>Obi-Wan v. The person who killed his master
>Yoda v. The guy who brought about the destruction of his order and the death of his associates
>The aforementioned battle between Master and Apprentice

Battles with just as much emotion or motivation as the OT.

Also can you not read? Short term memory? Let me help. Here is the original post:

>The lightsaber fights aren't better since they have absolutely nothing going on other than guys swinging lightsabers at each other
The Maul v Obi wan/Qui Gon fight is absolute kino

Are you retarded? You ignored what I said for the second time. Seriously? I clarified both times that the fights in Episode 3 had more going on, and you just straight up ignored it. Twice.

Either way, those fights aren't even slightly emotional. Overly choregraphed. Their emotions aren't shown through the choreography like it should. No stakes. No tension. When the characters are flat, uninteresting and the movie hasn't given you any reason to care about them, you can't just force emotion into the fight by saying that, "oh, he killed his master, NOW CARE!!!"

Spotted the virgin

You're a special kind of faggot, aren't you?

Holy shit you sound like a full on disneyshill.

Seriously? How?

>the force awakens is good
when will this meme end?

>Daisy and John are both charismatic as hell
Jay is that you?

Oldfag here

I'm glad Millennials hate the Disney version of Star Wars

Now you know how we felt when the fucking Prequels were shat into being and you squeakers were calling it the Greatest

Enjoy your turn in purgatory and remember
Star Wars is for kids, not for you
it's their turn to enjoy it

When will the meme that original = good and unoriginal = bad end?

Star Wars died the moment George sold it. TFA Is pandering unoriginal feminist crap. actually pretty much everything since then star wars related has been diverse feminist garbage.

say what you want about George but he knew when to keep agendas out of star wars. and at least he had an original idea in his head. unlike a new hope 2.0
fuck anyone who defends the soulless product that is modern nu-star wars.

Millennials dont hate disney's films. They love them and think JJ saved Star Wars.

yeah 'cause corporations = baaaad. tfa had an agenda? what was that agenda?

nothing wrong with being unoriginal if inspiration drives you to create something even better.

but it wasn't better, not even close. and it didn't even try to be. it tried to be as safe as possible while adding in some old references. and pandering to as many people as possible to maximize profits. horrible flick and is everything wrong with modern film.

This unfortunately.

crazy to see people celebrating the death of star wars without even realizing it.

It had all the heart and soul modern blockbusters don't have.

how TFA was a death of star wars

it was the fucking prequels almost killed star wars forever

>actually liking the prequels
The prequels were great, unlike the kikery that Disney is producing now.

star wars: no white males allowed

>he knew when to keep agendas out of star wars. and at least he had an original idea in his head

like having the jedis do the exact same things and look the exact same way they did in the original trilogy
or having the "secret WMDs" plot to get more power for the tyrant who totally isn't Dubya

please be bait

You know it's true.

Millennials are oldfags, nigguh

Not falling for that bait.

The only thing the Sequel Trilogy has going for it is Mark, Harrison and Carrie.

Harrison's character was killed off.
Carrie drug overdosed
Mark takes every opportunity to mock the sequels.

The new characters have not taken off: Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Phasma, Hux, and Snoke.

Finn is comic relief who was once a Sanitation Trooper.

Phasma was made to site down like a bitch then thrown into the garbage after being played up as strong female warrior.

Contrast with the new introduced characters of the Prequel Trilogy,. Then contrast Rebels with The Clone Wars animated series.

>TFA = female main character
>Rogue One = female main character
>Battlefront 2 = female main character
>Last Jedi = female main character
>Forces of Destiny = female only focused show
>Episode IX = female main character
>Not one new white male character in a lead role since disney takeover

YAAASS SLAY DISNEY! TAKE MY MONEY! FUCK WHITE MALES

Rey, Finn and Kylo have all been insanely popular. But I guessed you missed that.

>Episode 1 = White male lead
>Episode 2 = White male lead
>Clone Wars = White male lead
>Episode 3 = White male lead
>Episode 4 = White male lead
>Episode 5 = White male lead
>Episode 6 = White male lead
>The Force Unleashed = White male lead

>Disney wants to change it up =

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE WHITE MALES FEMINIST PROPAGANDA REEEEEEEE

(Ezra? Who is she?)

you're joking right? do disneycucks actually believe this?

>change it up
you mean pander to feminists disneyshill?

Have you seen the merchandising sales of toys and shit of them?

??Yeah, how could I possibly believe they were popular when the toys sold waay more than expected resulting in Rey toys being pretty much unavailable, or when Episode 8 was delayed to December so Rian could fix up the script to focus more on the new characters after their unexpected popularity? Must be crazy.

No, you insecure little twat. Is any movie without a white male lead automatically feminist propaganda? If you actually believe that, then you need help.

holy shit disneyshills truly are pathetic

You're not even trying anymore. You are so insecure.

What's wrong with being a virgin?

>Nah, if so then the prequel defenders are the vocal minority

Prequel defenders only exist here, and only exist as a backlash against the "normies" that jumped on the SW bandwagon after TFA. The amount of mental gymnastics required to fool oneself into liking the prequels is quite astonishing, even when taking into account the fact this place is contrarian central.

>implying george lucas isnt lightyears ahead of jew jew abrams

>Rey toys being pretty much unavailable

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/01/25/excluding-rey-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-toys-is-really-dumb/

forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2016/01/12/after-outcry-disney-launches-new-rey-toys-for-star-wars-fans/

In every way possible, yeah.

>The amount of mental gymnastics required to fool oneself into liking the prequels is quite astonishing
Darth Maul and the clones are cooler than anything from the OT. Damn, that was some convoluted reasoning.

i bet people wanted rey toys because she was such an unpopular character

Cool factor doesn't make a movie good, retard

Everywhere is Disneyland. Baudrillard was right about everything!

>those flying goalposts

Ignored fucking what you retard? You trying to create stupid fucking rules on which prequel fights can be included? Fuck off. You claimed that fights in the prequels had no motivation/emotion behind them. I said otherwise. You ignored every other point in the original post.

>no reason to care about them

What the fuck are you on about? Qui-Gon was one of the favorite characters in all the prequels..

no, point was that rey is a popular character. point proven either way.

im actually convinced there are disneyshills here. no one would come here and try this hard to prove nu-wars is good for free.

The fact that they make up their own stories to fill in plot holes in Nu-Star Wars is hilarious

>Ignored fucking what you retard? You trying to create stupid fucking rules on which prequel fights can be included?

Seriously? One movie had fights with """emotional depth""" means that the rest of fights can't be criticized? Genius, mate.

>What the fuck are you on about? Qui-Gon was one of the favorite characters in all the prequels..

Lmao.

>one movie

Literally named 2 movies. When did I say they couldn't? I literally said that there are more fights in the prequels so naturally some won't have the emotional depth to them. You claimed there weren't any.

Also are you implying he wasnt? I don't understand.

I find it funny that static and boring Qui-Gon is your favorite character from the prequels. But then again, there's next to nothing to choose from, so... fair enough I guess.

Star Wars was made for children period.

Yeah, but movies for children can still be good, it's not an excuse to be shitty. The good ones are still enjoyable for the whole family. I don't see how senate meetings, child murdering, spousal abuse and people burning alive have any place in a movie made for children though, but whatever...

I don't think the new ones are great, but they're miles better than the prequels

I liked Maul, I'll give you that. It's just that the story, dialogue, and acting were so terrible that they just can't be redeemed by cool characters or original ideas