Media: LOTSA NEW JOBS!

Reality: Look at wages as percent of economy chart and wages (inflation adjusted) versus productivity chart.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/shirtless-justin-trudeau-accidentally-photo-bombs-b-c-beach-wedding-1.3710479
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So what's the solution? Voting republican so (((job creators))) can pay even less taxes and the paltry social safety net we have is dismantled even further?

Yeah jobs mean shit when income inequality and minimum wage increases are still a priority for Democrats.

>import millions of 3rd world consumers
>companies hire more service workers in order to cope with the increased demand
>this somehow counts as growth

money shot

Don't you realize once we get the government off our backs the wealth will trickle down?

Note, also, that the Carter admin was the first one to funnel today's equivalent of a trillion dollars into funding jihadists in the Middle East

All of these things are connected intimately. Guess who was the first president to get us to 1 trillion of debt? Reagan, continuing the process.

And, both parties conspired to blow up housing, the one investment regular people put everything into (unlike the elites who have financial wealth)

do your research
this election, the Democrats are the party of crony capitalism
The fact that Trump's own party hates his guts should be setting off alarm bells in your head by now, over 1 year into this election campaign

Trump is lowering taxes on the top bracket, and eliminating other brackets entirely. What he's doing to offset it is increasing the capital gains tax.

The dude will wreak havoc on the stock market and income inequality in general, when companies are forced to bring their factories and R&D centers back to the US, and the wall is erected to block people from undercutting pressure on wage increases.

The thing to remember is that, these companies have shifted jobs overseas, but they haven't passed on the savings to the consumer, they've passed them on to the shareholder in the form of greater profits.

Your economics textbook will show you that the consumer gains from free trade, this may be true, but the economy is destroyed by outsourcing which =/= trade. Often times people will use free trade arguments to support outsourcing, when that's like talking about apples vs. oranges.

>the wealth will trickle down even more elsewhere?
You mean like all the tax havens that already have been a thing for a long time now?

>And, both parties conspired to blow up housing, the one investment regular people put everything into (unlike the elites who have financial wealth)

Define "blow up." Everyone benefits from increased housing prices. Well, everyone except poorfags that is.

>pay even less taxes

Do you really want your taxes going to welfare and war?

yeah totally dude lmao

>So what's the solution?

There is none.

"Business" leaders want to raise the retirement age to 70 so ordinary people are worked to death.

Meanwhile, their companies give them golden parachutes for failing, they get bailed out by the government (thanks to BOTH parties), they stash their money in tax havens, and so do their corporations

If they're really smart their corporations get money back from the government instead of paying taxes.

Lotsa new jobs for Pedro and friends.

This is infuriating. Why didn't the government just buy all of the toxic loans and give them back to the homeowners instead of the banks? Why do the wealthy always win?

Haha good one. We tried it and it failed.
We need wealth to trickle up, or else the only people with wealth will be the owner/investor class and our society will be nothing but mulatto porch monkeys and semitic-looking executives.

>raise the retirement age to 70
65 as retirement age was when people lived a decade shorter so it's only logical to get it raised.

Is that James Franco?

>Define "blow up."

Pass Gramm-Leach-Bliley that eliminates the Glass-Steagal protections that were put in after the banksters/financial crooks blew up the economy in the Great Depression.

Housing bubble inflates (with insiders knowing all about it) — thanks to nutty financial practices (since they know they'll be bailed out). The rich make a tidy profit. One guy even made a toxic derivatives package so regular people could be duped into putting their money into it.

Housing bubble blows up.

"Too big to fail" (too elite to have losses)

Now, after they thoroughly fucked over all ordinary people they're going to try to do it all over again. They want to put Glass-Steagal back in place then remove it in the future and have a brand new housing bubble.

This is what they already did by removing it after the Great Depression had happened.

Well since job creators send the jobs to Mexico and then bribe congress not to do their jobs about illegals so they can cut their grass for half price I really don't want them saving money at all.

Tax them 80% and I wouldnt give two shits.

>yes goyim yes work an extra five years instead of increasing taxes on people who are worth billions such as myself

top cuck

>65 as retirement age was when people lived a decade shorter so it's only logical to get it raised.

No. It's not logical.

Go find a job when you're 65. I dare you.

All it shows is that the 65 retirement age is bullshit in the first place.

Productivity keeps going up but wages don't. Why the fuck should anyone need to retire LATER

>I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR MY MONEY
>TAKE THEIR MONEY INSTEAD
People live longer, retirement age should be raised.

Nigger what
If I have to pay an extra $5k in taxes which meant the rich would have to pay an extra million in taxes I'd gladly support it because it wold result in a stronger social safety net, more money for infrastructure, better state universities, a better funded military the list goes on.

You're a cuck for being a bootlicker for the rich.

>fire white people
>hire niggers
>niggers are shit workers so they constantly fire and hire new niggers every week or two
>LOOK AT ALL THESE NEW JOBS!

>>yes goyim yes work an extra five years instead of increasing taxes on people who are worth billions such as myself

I want to work until I die so the rich can have a bigger pool boy to put their yachts into.

Maybe if we keep taxing everybody retirement age can be set at 20.

There should be a societal cost benefit analysis performed to see which scenario offers the most utility to the greatest number of people - the employment of one 70 year old executive investing in the stock market with his pay checks, or 5 entry level noobs who spend everything they make.

Or just not pay taxes and work under the table.

ok, but we will also raise the age people can earn social security, or subtract social security payments for every additional dollar they earn beyond the social security age.

In fact, I would propose that social security payments increase exponentially with age such that at a certain age, equilibrium is reached and it no longer makes sense for old people to keep working.

You mean the rich folk with the tax shelters or their corporations with the tax shelters?

Nigger we have F-35's to pay for
Stop encouraging this shit
Under the table jobs are for teenagers. Period.

>Want to keep working at old age?
>Better prepare to pay for it.

Just lay me off already.

lmao @ Americans complaining about their economy

Will it really make a difference at this point to tax the rich when they already have untaxable millions and billions?

Thanks Trudeau for deficit spending and saving the job market.

>Now, after they thoroughly fucked over all ordinary people they're going to try to do it all over again. They want to put Glass-Steagal back in place then remove it in the future and have a brand new housing bubble.
>This is what they already did by removing it after the Great Depression had happened.

You shouldn't rely on oil faggot. This is why we didn't let you build that shitty pipeline.

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/shirtless-justin-trudeau-accidentally-photo-bombs-b-c-beach-wedding-1.3710479

le weed man going for a surf

hang 10 braah

oil industry in 2000: 6% of economy
oil industry in 2016: 6% of economy

nice meme, just another thing people say to distract them from the fact our ENTIRE economy is fucked

You believe tax dollars go where they are supposed to go? HAHAHA

We aid foreign countries who pay Hillary for "speeches."

That's where your tax dollars go, as one example

More tax = more funny money for the fucking pieces of shit running this shithole of a country

If oil price was higher it could have been more.

exactly
why would we pay social security to people who are earning money and don't want to retire?
can't have a cake and eat it too

Social Security as Reagan introduced it has been one big scam anyway.

Hell, his whole tax revamp shit has been a scam.
Took decades to figure out that bullshit.

Trudeua is the true meme politician.

I think that underestimates the interconnectedness of oil to other industries tho.

Like the tsx lost 15-20% during the last oil crash a few years ago, gdp growth went negative, etc etc

I was here on Sup Forums during the recession
Canadafags and Ausfags were laughing at the USA. I believe at some points both the Canadian and Australian dollars were worth more than USD.

You guys had your commodities to keep your economy buoyant. Falling oil prices murdered your economy. Deal with it.

I live in Alberta and in the 80's the oil industry was 25% of the provincial economy and now it's only like 18% or something, even in Alberta itself we have diversified, but everyone is acting like all the investment of the past 10 years went into oil and people seem to think Stephen Harper is a dictator controlling a centrally planned economy to invest in oil, instead of realizing the logging industry is fucked, the fishing industry is fucked, Ontario is corrupt piece of shit and the manufacturing industry is fucked, aerospace industry in Quebec is fucked and corrupt, everyone just goes "huuuur oil" instead of fixing their own shit

>More tax = more funny money for the fucking pieces of shit running this shithole of a country

Explain where the new infrastructure is going to come from?

Is it going to crawl out of Ayn Rand's shriveled vag?

>Explain where the new infrastructure is going to come from?

Literally all the sewers and shit are from the 1950s and crumbling because people would rather pay for actors pretending to be politicians

>Explain where the new infrastructure is going to come from?

We had $100 billion just for infrastructure and that did nothing.

Some say each job cost $4 million.

It already is if you were born to one of those billionaires who get away with with being barely taxed

Canada's cycle is natural though, that's how your figures should look.

Ours is a fucking mess, littered with the corpses of and ever expanding "job" market propped up by a million church's chickens and even more healthy businesses founded on retarded amounts of derivatives.

This is a good point.

Harper didn't really do anything to encourage oil except stopping environmental reviews right? and those dont have much to do with the underlying economics.

There were no huge subsidies or tax breaks for oil afaik.

He tried to pimp the pipelines but got cucked by obongo anyway.

>Larger social safety net
Yeah, I wouldn't pay for you to live a life without consequences.

consequences

like having ridiculous amounts of money so you can have millions entrusted to the dusting of your mausoleum, donate millions to your dog, and have a face like this?

>yfw math 300k starting and don't have the problems of everyday plebs

>doesn't have 8 years of Hillary to look forward to?

Social Safety net merely delays the inevitable. The lower classes are becoming redundant simply because they're too stupid to survive in the information age. I don't want to pay for you and your 6 children with IQs below 100.

memeing isn't interesting

Nice rebuttal.

still waiting on a response to "muh consequences"

If you think you're worth more, QUIT your job and find a better one!
It's supply and demand.

get ready for a massive chimpout then.

once people start starving they're going to get very uppity. they'll break into your house in the middle of the night and eat you, your wife, and your children.

all because you didn't want to pay a little bit of tax. huh really makes you think doesn't it??

>he doesn't have security guards

lmao

>once people start starving

The 1% is too smart for that.

You give the little people just enough scraps to keep them pacified.

>It's supply and demand.
Just like Wildenstein's face.

Give toxic loans back to the home owners? Are you fucking retarded?