So, I was browsing around Youtube and I came across the Nostalgia Crtic's newest review...

So, I was browsing around Youtube and I came across the Nostalgia Crtic's newest review. I haven't watched him in a so long because he got stale as shit and he kept shoehorning his only black friend and random tits in all his videos. But the actual review of Alvin of the Chipmunks was pretty fucking good. It felt like classic Nostalgia Critic. I actually laughed a couple of times but oh my fucking God the skits and that ending is without a doubt, the most cringe-worthy thing I have ever seen in my life. What the fuck is wrong with him?

youtube.com/watch?v=MW8QT5EpH0E

I don't know why he insists on doing skits. Nobody likes those.

The view counts are highest when he does skits or clipless reviews.

Me and my friend have actually been talking about how we should do a thing where we cut out the skits in the new Nostalgia Critic videos, and post them to a different Youtube account to see if they're any better.

I'm waiting on a test video, but he's a slacker faggot so I doubt he'll ever make one. What do you think about this idea?

I don't know why he insists on posting his shit on Sup Forums

copyright IIRC

Sounds interesting. Would it be like keeping the first part of the cutaway skit where he says "It's like X and Y doing Z." and then removing the rest of the skit and going back to the review?

Some would be hard since a few don't have any transitions into the skit, like a interruption that leads directly to it, but I'd be interested in seeing the end result.

That actually sounds like a good idea. That Alvin and the Chipmunk review showed that he can still make funny content but he fucks up so hard with the skits that it makes it unwatchable.

Are there any other recent reviews where the quality is like Alvin and the Chipmunks? It honestly surprised me with how good it was. Just for the love of God please somebody tell him to stop with the skits.

Sup, Doug.

He still does skitless videos once a month or so. They're the only ones I watch.

Hey guys, wanna hear a short story about Doug and Rob Walker?

I was at Connecticon this weekend, and I was going to the signing section (Tom Kenny was there, he was a cool dude), and Doug Walker and his brother walked right in front of me and my two friends.

I said "Hey, aren't you Doug Walker?" But he didn't even look in my direction and walked right past. Same with Rob.

It wasn't me being a quiet fuck, my friends were farther away and were able to hear me, the dudes just completely ignored me and walked to their booth. They didn't even look. For all they knew, I was a fan. Hell, I even just finished a marathon of all of the old Nostalgia Critic reviews to see if they were good (most hold up but it got weak right near the reboot).

Fuck them.

No he's dead to me! Should of stopped after the Scooby-doo review he did.

>tfw got into Nostalgia Critic back in 2008 when I was 17 and a junior in high school
>Look back at his older reviews
>It still holds up and actually entertaining and funny

Man what happened to him? He use to be so great. Fuck he dropped so hard in quality. His Sonic the Hedgehog review is God Tier. How can the man that made fall so hard?

He stopped because he felt he didn't have any new ideas as the Nostalgia Critic, and wanted to end it on a high note while he moved on to other things, like Demo Reel.

Demo Reel failed, and they needed to make money somehow, so they brought the Nostalgia Critic back, but with no limits (No cutoff date = shit like The Force Awakens reviews). He was right, he had no more ideas to keep his material fresh.

I've actually seen a few stories were Rob and Doug are actually real assholes in real life

>reviews are 30 min long because he shoehorns in retarded performances that keep interupting the video and have absolutely nothing to do with the review

So because he's stuck doing the Nostalgia Critic for the rest of his life or he has to go out and get a real job? I almost feel bad for him. Almost

What was Demo Reel anyway?
I remember being passively interested, but at the time I was in a household with a data cap so I didn't bother to check it out.

I used to like most of the TGWTG crew to some extent, but now Brad Jones is the only one who's even remotely tolerable.

I dunno if he's still affiliated, but I've heard he had to get a big pay increase to continue putting up with Doug's bullshit.

>It felt like classic Nostalgia Critic
He was never good.

I would feel sorry for him if it wasn't for the fact that he's fucked up every time he did anything but the Nostalgia Critic.

Seriously, Demo Reel was a flop, moving to Blip was a fuckup, his reboot was a fuckup, his Kickstarter was HORRIBLY fucked up, and he's only in this situation because he didn't just work through writer's block and figured he should end it.

Demo Reel was about a group of filmmakers (Doug, Rob and two hired actors) making films, and the episodes satirized whatever big movies were out at the time.

>What was Demo Reel anyway?

Literally the cringe inducing skits that are shoehorned into the Nostalgia Critic reviews now.

I mean, Linkara is at least better than most people at TGWTG.

He actually fulfills his promises. Like, he made his fucking movie. Doug took a fuckton of money to make a game show and it doesn't even exist, years later.

That... doesn't sound awful.
Nevermind. I forgot we were dealing with Doug Walker here.