Disney movie begins

>Disney movie begins
>First 10 min. shows the main character as a kid.

With Frozen I honestly felt like they did it so they could sell more dolls. You have an Elsa doll, an Anna doll, and then you have a child Elsa doll and a child Anna doll.

>Lady and the Tramp
>Lion King
>Hercules
>Tarzan
>Tangled
>Monsters University
>Frozen
>Inside Out
>Zootopia
>Finding Dory

Shit. It wasn't often at first but they're doing it with literally every movie now.

You forgot Princess and the Frog.

Also Bolt does it, but that's easy to miss. Cinderella kind of does it too, but with still images and a narration.

Like I said, I really do think they do it more often now to maximize toy potential.

>Disney movie begins
>First 10 min. shows the main character in the past because something happened in his life that would explain the events in the movie better
yeah how fucking dare they

I was just watching The Emperor's New Groove earlier today and they cut to baby Kuzco as a joke during the opening narration (i.e. "Let's go back" or something along those lines)

I hate these fucking threads because the idiots bitching about these conventions NEVER explain why it's necessarily bad for a work to do a thing.

I swear, you fuckers would bitch about establishing shots just for the sake of bitching about establishing shots.

>the main character is a kid
What now OP?

what movie released 2015 and 2016?

Zootopia was released in 2016.

Tropes aren't bad OP

Bildungsroman

Also the parents need to removed from the story to drive it fowards and they die a good amount of the time for that purpose.

>Home on the Range
Thank you for reminding me that this exists.

Does Hunback of Notre dame counts?

Updated

Thankyou.

If it does then so does Sleeping Beauty, where the opening scene also involves the titular character as a baby but we never actually see them. I'm certain that if Disney made their Sleeping Beauty animated movie today we would see baby Aurora being cute and there would be a toy of her. Probably the same with Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Pocahontas for scenes where their parents die even though the movies we have kinda prove that it's not necessary in some of these movies.

>Lion King
If that makes the list then Bambi really should too. They both have big chunks of the start of the movie where they're kids until they grow to adulthood in a timeskip later.

It's kinda a trope that's not exclusive to Disney.

Also Treasure Planet iirc.

>OP is yfw that's the only good part of the film

>2003-2005
Wow, three shitty movies in a row? Robinsons and Bolt aren't exactly great either. I wonder what happened in that time period?

It's now coming to be known as "The Experimental Age."

That's a nice way of putting "We're desperately trying to find a way to be relevant again and compete with Dreamworks."

It's usually disney fans naming these things. We also call it the "Package Age" to mean "Hey we took a bunch of shorts and fake documentary clips and just slapped them together and pretended they were movies" for that time from 1943 to 1949.

WW2 was rough on Disney as a business. Even back then, a lot of Disney's market was in Europe. With the outbreak of war, European markets disappeared until 1945 and even after that, no one really had money to spare to go see an animated movie.