This is truly the best League iteration

This is truly the best League iteration

I always have feeling that outside Sup Forums, JLI isn't loved.

>batman & friends

no Justice League that has Batman in it can be "the best"

Yep

This might be actually the best era for DC in general

Yeah Post Crisis to early 90's is my favorite.

It's depiction of DC heroes is way too human. I think this would work better with Marvel but there's a sense of epic of grand that's missing. For example Justice League are the same heroes that were having adventures across the multiverse, cosmic in scale, high concept stuff. Morrison understood that really well and that's why Justice League took off once he was put in charge after the 90s slog. JLI is good story that's not suitable for these heoes and works as its own entity but should never have stuck around and should never be emulated.

I disagree as someone who can't stand Morrison JLA

I hate the " DC Heroes" as Gods approach and a team of only the popular and heavy hitting heroes is honestly boring. I prefer my team books to be filled with the types of characters who couldn't support their own solo

Read Legion or JSA or TT then if "popular" is your problem. Justice League is a showcase of the best and the bravest taking on the biggest challenges multiverse can offer. It's been that way since Silver Age and it works well. Putting too many flawed human characters and making it a soap opera is not the best use of that platform. That's why it never worked again. Even Giffen didn't know what the fuck to do after a while and that whole era, one change after another, they wrote themselves in a corner. I'm actually glad Berganza refused Morrison's Teen Titans pitch and we got this instead. Otherwise I don't even think if anyone would give a shit about Justice League.

>is not the best use of that platform.
And yet JLI exists.

It's a comic that goes on for nearly 100 issues that's well written and illustrated for most of that run. I don't give two shits if that doesn't follow tradition or continuity bullshit

Part of the reason JLI worked so well was BECAUSE it was DC heroes instead of Marvel. Besides the few like Cap, even by the 80s we were used to Marvel teams being taken down a peg and being "real" people. It was a breath of fresh air for the Justice League to be like you and me.

Batman leaves early on so that's not really an issue

Nah, it was kinda funny in the 4 first issues, but it got old really fast. Keith Giffen always writes superheroes like they're part of some boring sitcom. He tries too hard.

Somebody hasn't read Annihilation.

t. Marveldrone

I doubt you've read much from Giffen at all.

>Part of the reason JLI worked so well was BECAUSE it was DC heroes instead of Marvel.
Well it was literally DC heroes being Marvelized, it was literally Justice League: Marvel edition. I agree it might be breath of fresh air but DC heroes deserve to be in high octane high concept storylines and it's not that. It should be its own thing, looked upon as its own thing. But nobody should ever say this is how DC heroes should always be.
>100 well written issues
Yeah except not, it is fresh when it begins but it quickly becomes an endless slog, humor and gags get stale and plots are forgettable, like most of the post COIE DC in 80s/90s that's not written by Ostrander.

What's funny is I'm betting that at least half of the humor of JLI came from DeMatteis. That MM issue with Booster and Blue was hilarious.
>DC heroes deserve to be in high octane high concept storylines
You realize the version of the Justice League right before this was based in Detroit, right? Nobody has said this is how DC should always be, you're the only one who's said DC heroes should be anything, in fact.

>Marveldrone
You know that Post is actually as anti Marvel as it could get right?

I want a The Office type movie or TV show based on JLI.

>You realize the version of the Justice League right before this was based in Detroit, right?
And they were still having their multiversal adventures pre crisis. Satellite era is the best Justice League era that showed peak creativity, writing soap opera is not creative.

Then why hadn't it been done before? Even Marvel hadn't gone for it in a humorous way.

Fund it.

>Yeah except not
We're clearly looking for different things in a well written story.

JLI is more than a humor book, I hate how that's all it remembered for. It's a fantastic ensemble cast that does great action and drama. It's without a doubt my favorite thing that DC has ever published

Also JLE got dark at times

user there are a lot of things that have never been done before, doesn't mean they have creative merit to them. You think this is creative compared to what Gardner Fox or Grant Morrison did? You can unironicaly like it for what it is, you know.

> writers

That's half the equation in comics. it doesn't matter what Grant Morrison can think up if it has to be rendered by 90's Howard Porter

There's a lot of fiction in this industry that doesn't have that proper balance. Moore's Miracleman had atrocious art in places, Supermen has 90s art. Yet both stand as one of the best deconstruction and reconstruction pieces on the writing alone.
But I see you didn't dispute my argument though so I guess you are somewhat aware and acknowledge the fact.

*Supreme