Bravo Hollywood

Bravo Hollywood

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy#Ethnicity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This movie's gonna flop

I'll just keep rewatching Deadwood forever desu.

All of those races were in the American west. I don't see a problem.

>Nigger in charge

Like with Ghostbusters. (((Hollywood))) appropriates another old franchise and infects it with multiculturalism. This is a recipe for failure.

I'd have much more respect for them if they came up with an original concept.

original were all white

The Magnificent Seven was a remake though.

>Dead Wood, Rome, many shows that were cancelled
>Walking dead and GoT get unlimited funds
JUST

this.

A remake of a japanese samurai movie.

Rome got cancelled? I thought it ended at that point on purpose wtf?!

Even after the civil war, niggers weren't even allowed to ride horses, same with Asians, most were not even free to own anything.

Also Ethan Hawk looks like a retard.

I know I lied.

This

My man.

Normies are all over them, not surprising people think those shows are actually good.

>he thought that rushed season and ending was intentional from the start

denzel washington pretty good desu

Ethan Hawke always looks like that kid who'd sneak his parents cigarettes to school and smoke them behind the playground while listening to either shitty country music or Linkin Park.

Hey, it's been awhile.

Real cowboys were historically minorities: mexicans, blacks, chinese. White cowboy macho men is a hollywood invention.

Here's the deal man. When people are marketing these movies or marketing television advertisements, they only get one chance to appeal to a maximum audience.

Remember in The Condemned when they desperately needed an Arab competitor? Because if Arabs have no one to cheer for they won't watch.

This shit isn't some conspiracy its the marketing team taking a shotgun blast to hit as many large demographics as they can to maximise sales. The only colour that matters to these people is GREEN.

>ggers weren't even allowed to ride horses, same with Asians, most were not even free to own anything.

Source? Hollywood movies do not count. There were plenty of non-white "cowboys."

>historically 10-15% of the American Population is black
>1/7=.14=14%
There's literally nothing wrong with this unless they spend the whole movie putting in other shit
jesus stop being giant faggots and let a nigger get a job once in a while

57% white

I've been back here for a while, different names lots of times though.

Thats your fucking perogative you fucking toothpaste son of a bitch.

The original were japanese.

>american education

>American cowboys were drawn from multiple sources. By the late 1860s, following the American Civil War and the expansion of the cattle industry, former soldiers from both the Union and Confederacy came west, seeking work, as did large numbers of restless white men in general.[52] A significant number of African-American freedmen also were drawn to cowboy life, in part because there was not quite as much discrimination in the west as in other areas of American society at the time.[53] A significant number of Mexicans and American Indians already living in the region also worked as cowboys.[54] Later, particularly after 1890, when American policy promoted "assimilation" of Indian people, some Indian boarding schools also taught ranching skills.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy#Ethnicity
>inb4 wikipedia
If you don't know how to read a source there then you should kill yourself

I would watch Denzel and Hawke in anything together but I've never liked anything Pratt has been in.

this is incorrect. If they were free they could ride. That doesnt mean people wouldnt give them shit but there was no laws against it.

*prerogative, cocksucker

Other way around, bucko.

Well ill be fucked by a celestial youre right.

Fuck you first season of GoT was definitely not worse than Deadwood

This.

As someone who's family came out west in the early 1800's, and who has lived in the west his whole life, the west has always had a disproportionate number of minorities.

HUGE numbers of Mexicans, Blacks, and even Asians, were what people would stereotypical call "cowboys."

People in the west didn't give a shit as long as you could get the job done.

Hurr durr.

The Magnificent Seven is based off Kurosawa's Seven Samurai

You can't be this stupid.

Just look up old wanted posters from back then. Yes there were some Mexicans and some blacks but most outlaw Cowboys where white.

We

Wuz

Billy da Kidz

N

Sheeeeit

Impressive representation of the degradation of American culture, but then again it was always a way downhill from European culture.

I know we trick people.

Fuck you nigger, if you mess with us you mess with the best.
Fucking heeby kikeberger

We wuz Birry Za Kiddo

JESUS CHRIST, JUST FROM THIS ONE PIC YOU CAN TELL THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT.

>seven men

It could be worse you know.

Oh god don't give (((them))) any ideas Sweden.

Oh God they're remaking this?

Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME KILLMEKILLMEKILLMEKILLMEKILLMEKILLMEKILLMEKILLMEKILLME

lol this is blatantly false

Ben Hur's getting a remake too. You'll spend your hard earned shekels to go see it and by the blu-ray, you're not racist or anything, are you Goy?

Being a cowboy was a shitty job. Thus many minorities ended up doing it. It shouldn't be that hard for you to accept unless you are a fucking moron.

cant wait for the lawrence of arabia remake

>Yul Brynner
>white

meh. I'm really more surprised they're making a Western-themed movie these days. After all, Magnificent Seven was an Americanized version of a Japanese movie, so them trying to reboot it for new audiences is nothing entirely new, and thankfully isn't a token list of disabled and faggots as well.

Seeing this flop will simply be more evidence that the Western as a movie genre has died.

>no women
>no trangenders
i hope there is at least a homossexual

Firefly is the best modern western

>many minorities
They existed. There weren't much. At all.

Plenty of spics, but that was about it.

Found the 13 year old

1/3 of cowboys were nonwhite

>the year is 2050
>hear the news of a new Ghostbusters reboot starring an all trans* cast
>immediately take an estrogen pill because I start having manthoughts about the movie
>too late, my xbox infinity detected my displeasure with its new "Forced On" technology
>the electrodes in my groin are treated to a shock from the wireless power nodes in my house
>smile and thank zooever is monitoring my Xbox today
>decide to go and see a western to get my mind back where it needs to be
>Tombstone reboot is playing, starring an all trans* cast and with all the violence removed
>watch Doc Holiday talk about zir terrible childhood and how zir evil manfather tried to make zir follow gender stereotypes
>eye twitches errantly. strange.
>theater alarms go off, my seat lights up
>oh god no, two male thoughts in one day?
>try to run but the seat restrains me automatically.
>tolerance police wheel me out of the theater, proclaiming "Not to worry folks, we don't let a single male thought go unpunished!"
>crowd cheers as estrogen mist floods the theater
>taken to tolerance camp
>forced to take three times the daily ration of estrogen as a suppository daily
>not allowed to sleep, forced to listen to the trans*archist cookbook on repeat.
>eventually they just lobotomize me once the treatments no longer work
>allowed back into society, no longer forced to take estrogen, no longer intelligent enough to do anything but what I'm told
>The one thought in the back of my mind during all of this is "If only I had voted for Trump."

Bone Tomahawk was pretty good. It even had Kurt Russel.

Doesn't mean 1/3 were niggers, nigger.

Hello Mexican Intellectual. Let me introduce you to history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves

Forget to put the image.

>tfw I will never have a girlfriend like Kaylee

Real cowboys were also ranch hands, movie "cowboys" are usually more accurately called bounty hunters or lawmen.

Nothing wrong here.

Every movie almost is filmed in Georgia now. Actors always look sweaty and miserable in their overdressed clothes, especially in your pic related.

I thought H8ful 8 was kinda meh, and didn't like Django. The only decent western I've seen in recent years was Bone Tomahawk, and they filmed that out west where they used to film old western TV shows.

It wasn't at all PC, or formulaic storytelling like this movie will be. I don't think Fuqua is a shit director, and I'm not entirely against remakes. (Will Smith actually CAN go fuck himself for trying to remake the Wild Bunch though). I just think they could have picked better source material to remake, especially if they are using him as a director.

kek. underrated

"Cowboy" is a catch-all term for any western frontiersman because like 95% of men out west worked on ranches, or worked with the supporting infrastructure for ranches (general stores, brothels, etc.)

True grit was really good, felt like a very realistic depiciton of the west. They really nailed period accents.

The problem with Deadwood was that in a story telling sense, the producers could have technically set it in any historical period and it wouldn't have changed too much. But it was better than GoT because Deadwood was a western and GoT was not, so, by default Deadwood was better. I don't expect non-burgers to have any good sense or basic understanding, but you should have realized this before you ever made that post.

>One nigger

It will flop just like Vagbusters, unfortunately Hollywood in its infinite retardation will blame westerns and not their shallow multicultural pandering. So instead of changing the way they do business they will simply do as they have done for the past decade and find another old property to basterdize, leading to another flop. Hollywood has been creatively dead for years.

Don't bring this up! You are gonna piss off the crybaby white people.

It was 1/4 of all cowboys when I was just a lad.

I'm sure it will be muh POC were 2/3 of all cowboys before I retire. You'll have plenty of sociology (((professors))) to back up the claim of whites not wanting those historical jobs too, I imagine.

Seen a few hollywood movies lately and almost all of them has an asian in them now. Is it some kind of pandering to the chinese audience so they can make that ticket money?

Doesn't current historiography of the old west maintain that Cowboys were roughly made up of 33% each of white, black, and Mexican? Can anyone fact-check me on this?

You're spot on, actually. Movies make more money overseas than they do domestically.

Can't wait for trans refugee Cowboy

>implying this isn't a good thing

Hopefully AMWF couples will replace the tired BMWF couples that hollywood loves pushing on the public.

dubs of truth
also will opening music of the remake become a classic tune like Elmer Bernstein's original score?
I think not.
just like Ghostbusters they will miss the core theme like fingernails on a blackboard.

I thought it was good too. But for a lot of people it was a chore to sit through. The same reason most people didn't like the Assassination of Jesse James, by the Coward Robert Ford.

Modern audiences are kind of ruined and aren't conditioned for good story telling. A movie like the Searchers even would be hard to get a studio to pay for. They want specific story formulas, and marketing research so they can make money.

By the time you retire I'm sure you want be able to tell the difference between sjws and pols because you faggots both sensationalize everything like gigantic babies.

It was about 40 percent. It doesn't mean black people did it all, but they did do it, along with Mexicans. The Chinese did a much harder job that if any of you faggots ever had to to do you would cry your fucking eyes out and blame obama, they weren't usually ranchers.

The problem is that one group of you wants to pretend that everyone was white and anyone who wasn't probably was a shitty person anyway, and they want to cherry pick brown heroes for their cultural lexicon so they can pretend they even have a culture.

I hate you god damn sensationalist faggots so much go die.

Yeah it's a damn shame that
>people are hired based on tokenism, not individual merit.
>films need to make commentary on race relations so damn frequently.
>SJWs actively demonize the featuring of white men as the leads.
>white history and it's use as a thematic basis is racially adjusted for political reasons

>It was about 40 percent

nigger detected

citation needed

God damn, it went from 1/3 to 40% right before my eyes.

Its just obvious patterns. The sensations user, they are telling me now that, in just a few years 3/4 of all cowboys will be non-white. We've got to get history on the right side of history. This will be backed up by lots of (((studies))) and demographic quotas in fictional representations. What a brave new world.

>Western
>Better than fantasy
Please

the Chinese are better than niggers we all know this, don't try to ride the coat tails by pretending this means niggers did anything you filthy faggot.

And they changed the villain from Mexicans to whites!

>The same reason most people didn't like the Assassination of Jesse James, by the Coward Robert Ford.

Was it really that unpopular? It's definitely in my top 3 favorite films.

>Denzel
>that guy from the dinosaur & space movies
>Western
>flop

Nah

how many koreans were there? serious question. i have no idea

Conservative figures place Black cowboys at about 15%
They place Mexican cowboys, Vaqueros, at about 25% conservatively.
Add another 5% for native ranchers, and that's where I got the estimate.

Now polfags, don't be mad, you know that I'm not trying to culturally enrich you. It's obviously white people that created the entire western mythos anyway, that's precisely why you don't see that rancher life for the painful hard life that it is.

No matter what you want to believe, it wasn't majestic white gunslinger badasses, and it wasn't black superhero slave master killing outlaw survivors, it wasn't proud Mexican patricians who got pushed away by the evil white man.

It was people who lived in a time that's not our own with a set of values and ideals that are not our own and some of them we romantisize and relish because they are poetic and give us the idealism of what men should be.

There were just as often faggot poltards like you, shitty criminals of every color, and wageslave cowboys. They just lived in an even tougher time than ours.

Nice shop

Blacks were literally illegal West of the Missisippi

>Even implying fantasy can compete
Gay.

I don't know if I'd say unpopular. It was just more like a chore for some people, unfortunately. And that's why it wasn't crushing it at the box office. The more common audience likes movies like the Fast and Furious franchise and superhero movies. I'm not necessarily trashing those movies, I'm just saying that's what their attention span and interest is catered to. That's the style and pacing they enjoy.

I liked Batman Begins and a few other popular movies that were released about that time. But my favorites by far were There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men. They had a much slower and polarizing pace and story mechanics, for the larger audience. And they were all more in the vein of a western than what modern audiences flock to.

I really loved that movie too, especially Nick Cave's soundtrack. Many of the people I know who are really into movies liked it. But people like us are weird and rare.

Yul Brynner was the shit. Who cares? Fuck off.

Still waiting for a hot source on this inane rant of yours, kid.

Hey, GoT is pretty good.
They could stop trashing the books and the girl power garbage, but in a general view it's really not bad.