STG vs AR

Hey Sup Forums, the Sturmgewehr is being produced once again in the US, selling for $1,799. I want a rifle, and was originally planning on grabbing an AR to add to my collection, but with this news I think I'm getting me a STG. Thoughts? Comparisons?

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/furniture-sets/ar-15-m16-wood-rifle-furniture-sets-prod38906.aspx
smgguns.com/?page_id=99
hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr-standard-length-223/
auto-ordnance.com/firearms/thompson-t1.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=rtFX3JBYsIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>SCAR tier expensive
>snowflake caliber
its your money m8, but its all a bit too much for me

>inb4 Bumping for interest.

you could get 2 AKs and a few accessories for that money

That you're a prick and your wife should be kicked down the stairs.

2nd Amendment, bruh. These threads and discussions will be US History if Hillary takes the throne.

This is 100% a /k/ thread, sorry.

You didn't even ask which was better for shooting niggers or anything.

Get out.

Also the wooden parts look to bright/cheap. If I was in America I would way to get a Tommy gun with the foregrip and drum magazine and a lever action rifle of some sort. And an M60. And a 1911.

And a Enfield. but also a Monsin. perhaps a Spas 12 too because they are big and give me hard ons.

That's so fucking cool.

Just get an AR. The Nazi LARPing isn't worth the money and lack of ammo availability. Choosing the STG over the AR is like buying a private jet and insisting on the Wright Brothers model.

The only reason to get this over an AR or AK is the novelty, that finish and wood on it looks atrocious btw

Are these 99,99% close to original StGs?

Fairly new to this site (using it at least, not browsing it), so thanks for the help

get a fal, you queer

But German weapons have something that an AR doesn't have. Wood.

Get AR, it is better and cheaper. Sturmgewehr is nice, but it's a range toy.

I think they are also making it in 7.62x39mm and 5.56x45mm.

STG is a meme-tier collector gun. AR has uses.

Come again?

brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/furniture-sets/ar-15-m16-wood-rifle-furniture-sets-prod38906.aspx

You know you can get wood furniture for an AR15 right? Shit looks sex.

One day m80, well bring the 2nd amendment to britain

any word of an FG42 reproduction?

Oh. I still think the MP44 or whatever it is would be a h00t. AR 15s are better but its like driving I guess when someone says "why not drive auto instead of manuel?" You just do.

>1800 for a semiauto meme rifle
>should I do this
God bless capitalism
Do it user

>wanting an unaesthetic meme gun

The new STG is sweet but if you have to choose between the two, AR no contest. Loads more parts/options and its common for when SHTF.
You can get walnut furniture for the AR

Oh I agree, I think it would be great fun to have one of those things.

>7.62x39mm and 5.56x45mm
Not much consolation if you still have to buy the correct mags, but at least you don't have to look for 7.92 kurz

>any word of an FG42 reproduction?

Available here from a German manufacturer. Blame your freedom hating republicans for banning imports of evil ass-salt weapons.

They take AR mags, so it won't be too much trouble to find 7.62x39 ar mags

yup
enjoy your .22 GAYr's

That is one of the strangest looking things I have seen all week. Looks like it could have originally been produced like that. idk though.

>Just get an AR. The Nazi LARPing isn't worth the money and lack of ammo availability

Google the actual fucking thing before spouting bullshit.

You can get this repro in 7.62x39.

That being said, if OP doesn't have a regular rifle like an AR yet then he should get the AR for better aftermarket support, optic mounting, magazine availability..etc.

user's on /k/ often give me shit for using an AK (as a NatSoc) but they fail to realize that
1. Hugo Schmeisser worked in Izhevsk while Kalashnikov was designing the AK, and most certainly helped in the design (of course the Soviets vehemently deny this), but then why was Schmeisser brought there? You add it up. I'm not saying Kalashnikov didn't design the AK, I'm just saying that Schmeisser and the STG44 did influence the rifle. While the internals are different, the box magazine, the intermediate cartridge, the sights, are clearly from the STG44. Those might seem obvious or miniscule things to do today, but back then just the idea of the STG44 was revolutionary.
2. The Germans used captured Soviet small arms all the time, and often preferred them to their own.

Guns don't have politics user, just get what works, and for me, it's the Kalashnikov.

Antiquated shit in weird caliber

Do you have $5,000?

smgguns.com/?page_id=99

not an arugment

you have objectively bad taste

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

if its in 7.62x39 &5.56 then why not just get a top of the line AK or AR probably for less or equal and not have to worry about snowflake parts

Your dad. Tell him not too splash next time.

I agree it's weird. But cool at the same time. It reminds me of New Vegas.

Also the first M16s were brown IIRC (not sure if they had wood or just the color though).

and again and again

unf

>weird caliber

Spend five seconds on google god damn retards.

Caliber:

5.56/.223
7.62×39
.300 BLK
7.92 x 33

hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr-standard-length-223/

You're me. I imagine myself living in the US buying all the guns I like. Even though I'd never have the money or the place to store them

how available is that ammunition? good thing to look into when buying a rifle, especially one that fires an obscure round? Or are these reproductions made for modern military rounds?

>tfw you ordered your STG from HMG 8 months ago and they still haven't started shipping yet

>objective taste

Found the marxist

super cool gun that can;t compete with modern guns

Hugo schmeisser helped develope the stamping/folding dies that were used for the later ak-m.

or an AR and AK

I'd have my Muller, Mc donalds, my pick up truck and my rifle.

>nogunz salt

This is objectively the best answer

Why's that? If you live out in the country you can save up for cool guns, even with a crap job. Well, except for Tommy Guns and m60s. kek

8mm Kurz ammo is easily ordered online, made by Privi Partisan for around 75 cents/round. But HMG is making the gun in 3 other calibers with conversion kits available.
I ordered mine in 8mm Kurz and I plan to get a 7.62x39 conversion kit one day. They also make it in .223/5.56 and .300 Blackout.

Get 4-5 SKS's.

If you're fine with semi-auto and don't want to give the child murderers at the ATF $200 you can get this rifle length semi-auto thompson.

auto-ordnance.com/firearms/thompson-t1.asp

damn nice. i'd do everything to get one STG in my hands (not a terrorist tho)

>ACH/MICH cover
>dat nice new nylon

Nice set up, but if SHTF I'd put some non-gloss black or loam spray paint to dampen the nylon. The color is dependent entirely on environment.

Either way I'd operate with you, even with the try hard Wehrmacht patch.

if you like the history its a nice little replica. is it viable for defense and such? of course. is it on par with proven record platforms like an ar15 or ak47? no. youre going to spend a lot of money or proprietary mags and have no way to mount optics. but if you are a ww2 nerd you will love it.

If you want to rely on it for SHTF scenario, get that conversion kit. you can't beat the mass availability of nato and warsaw ammo.

>Proprietary mags

It takes STANAGs

I really like that.

>If you want to rely on it for SHTF scenario

I've got an AR, AK, SKS and VZ58 for that.
But thanks for the advice.

>know someone who owned a genuine MP44
>was completely intact, all matching, working
>shot it and felt like it was "evil"
>destroys it
>yes, literally physically destroys the thing

I wish I was making this up.

>destroys a real StG44

Full auto? Legal NFA papers?

Yes.

this was many many years ago though.

And to think, he could have done this to it and had fun with it.
(filename used to troll /k/. they get angry when you misidentify a gun.)

>these rare ww2 artifacts are all over that continent
>literally impossible to get anywhere else

At that point the thing is a fuckin historical artifact. I hope the ghost of the german who made that gun fucks with him for destroying that poor innocent gun.

If you want an modern Sturmgewehr 44, just buy the Hk416 shit.

Yeah, wasn't a massive cache of them found over there somewhere recently? Like 5000 or more of them in a shipping container or something.

In Iran or one of those shitholes. We'll never see those in the west, unfortunately.

and you can mount a sight on it.

No don't get it
It was amazing for it'd time but it still had 3 or 4 more redesigns to go before it would have been perfect for buying

You could build a fucking godly AR for that price tag, unless you really just want a range toy to fingerfuck from time to time.

AK is for commies and faggots
Which are you?

Reminds me of this: youtube.com/watch?v=rtFX3JBYsIg

Get ready to rage.

If he wanted an actual good weapon, he would get a better AR.

>Not using waffle mags or bakelite

I hope your rifle jams when you most need it faggot and get you killed.

Communists did this

carbon fiber > wood every day

Syria.

Assad still has massive caches of Wehrmacht arty, tanks and light weapons.

I actually just got 8 Circle 10 waffles the other day. finally bit the bullet, they cost around $45 each here, but I think they're worth it to cut down on weight.
Thanks Bulgaria.

Bless that beautiful man
Its sad he has to rely on Russiastan to continue to exist

It was Syria and they were captured by snackbars (Free Syrian Army). After WWII, East Germany still used mostly ex-Nazi WWII arms and equipment until about the mid-1950s. In the 1960s, the USSR sold a bunch of WWII surplus to Syria, this included the ex-Nazi stuff. This is why there are Panzer IVs and T-34s fighting in Syria.
Since 7.92 Kurz is neither cheap nor plentiful, these will probably never be used in the current conflict. And because they were captured by snackbars, they won't be sold to the west either. More than likely, they will just end up being destroyed by the UN when this conflict ends.

45$ for 1 mag? Who do the import? Drug cartels? They cost 1/3 in Bulgaria.

No to the stg, I love em too but it should not be your rifle that you are going to go to for combat, build an ar then later on buy an stg in 556 or 762 when they are cheaper.

I actually live less than an hour from the guy who makes these.

Cool dude. He does good work.

you just know that smelly goatfucker has no idea what he's actually holding

don't be a retard.

for that amount you could get a nice FAL. or an AR and a SKS

also, you should be spending more on ammunition than your rifle.

>muh StG revolution
>muh AK
>standard service rifle of Red Army - Mosin-Nagant M1891/30 using 7.62×54mmR
>AK-47 uses 7.62x39mm
>standard service rifle of Wehrmacht - Kar98k using 7.92×57mm Mauser
>StG-44 uses 7.92x33mm kurz
Corners were cut, m8. You want a properly updated AR, like an AK-74

Arsenal does the import I think. They used to be $35 a few years ago, but ever since the Newtown shooting they went up to $55, and now seem to have been hovering around $45 for awhile. I was going to wait for them to go back down in price, but with the election around the corner, it seems they aren't coming down so I went ahead and paid the price.

Just get yourself an ar, ammo is widely available.
takes STANAG mags etc..
But if you want the STG out of historical interest then get it if you think it is worth it.

He probably spent 20 minutes trying to stick an AK mag in.

>You want a properly updated AR, like an AK-74
I prefer the 7.62 to 5.45. I live in the woods and it holds up better shooting through brush.

Then get a proper battle rifle. That uses a proper rifle round. Like a SCAR-H or FAL.

The round is not very impressive and near impossible to get