ITT: Characters/things from one piece of media that would make perfect villains for a superhero

Try to justify your choices.

Pic related, for Superman. Think about it. Superman is the possible alien that could come down to Earth. Xenomorphs are everything that Kal-El isn't. It makes perfect sense. Plus there would be a lot of perfect conflict there since Superman cherishes all life. How would you defeat a Xenomorph hive without killing any of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDYyAAdtDfk
youtu.be/9PXdwqlJ19U
youtube.com/watch?v=hQDmKl1HCaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is a Superman vs Alien comic.

>Kryptonian impregnated by facehugger
>Can't break out of his ribs and suffocates
Also I think Superman had a crossover with Alien.
Black Dynamite vs Hal Jordan

The thought crossed my mind as I was typing that up. But they'd be great as a recurring foe for Superman anyway.

>Superman is the possible alien
*best possible

Also pic related for Aquaman. Shit explains itself.

A Robocop-esque character would make a good opponent for Batman. A corporate owned law-enforcement officer that makes no bones about blowing criminals the fuck away, and all of it perfectly legal on paper.

It provides conflict on the streets as Batman tries to save criminals and thugs from the murder-bot whilst also trying to reach the man within the machine, as well as conflict for Bruce Wayne in the boardroom as he deals with the amoral corporate monsters that produced him.

Also room for detective work as Batman tries to piece together who he was and what was done to him and expose it.

And of course, there's always the fun ideology debate about killing versus not killing. Crime drops sharply while this guy is on the streets cause criminals aren't just afraid of getting beat up, they're afraid of getting turned into mulch by an indestructible one man war machine.

Now I'm sad that I can't read any of these.

Don't be sad! There already was a Superman/Aliens comic!

Always thought Armstrong would make a pretty cool villain for Hulk.
>HULK STRONGEST THERE IS!
>You're not stronger than America, son!

On that note, maybe he'd be better for Captain America.

I want this to happen.

>On that note, maybe he'd be better for Captain America.
Fuck, this would be so amazing.

Also as an augmented human he'd be hard to beat, I know the old Robocop would have hardly been a match, and I haven't seen the reboot, but if it's a Deus Ex type cyborg with all sorts of crazy shit then Bats might be outmatched / outgunned /outstealthed

Not only has there already been Superman/Aliens, there's been a whole host of DC/Dark Horse crossovers including Batman versus Predator, Batman/Aliens, Superman vs. Predator, and JLA versus Predator, all culminating in pic related.

>And of course, there's always the fun ideology debate about killing versus not killing.

Sadly that debate has apparently been settled by Snyder.

Were any of these actually good?

Didn't they get Terminators involved at some point too?

Although I suspect Batman and Gordon would agree and take it down together real easily. If Gordon agreed with it's use - for example if it was only allowed lethal force under set circumstances that boiled down to it's actions having the lowest death toll (kill one, save 5 or whatever) - and that ethical issue was presented I'd totally dig it

Any space based heroes running afoul of the Squire of Gothos would be great.

>Although I suspect Batman and Gordon would agree and take it down together real easily.
And then the company reveals that that was just the prototype.

Superman would just build a spaceship and drop them off on an uninhabited planet somewhere.

Thematically I think he'd be best opposing the Silver Surfer, given his love of warfare, his cruel nature and child-like tantrums. He's very much at odds with Surfer's pacifistic, enlightened personality. Him orchestrating galaxy wide war games for his own amusement would be something the Surfer would be keenly against.

Was it shit?

It was surprisingly not terrible. Not great but not all that bad.

Batman/Aliens was actually pretty good, I thought.

Yes! Written by Alan Grant, no less.

Special bonus: Shitty fan Batman vs Terminator animated short

youtube.com/watch?v=gDYyAAdtDfk

The Punisher deserves a crossover with Predator, specially the MAX version.

The predator is what Frank wants to be deep down, a war junkie, a hunter inevitably drawn to the next big target, the most dangerous prey. The predator gets to live without the human morality that binds him to his crusade.

>Superman cherishes all life
I'm pretty sure he'd exterminate a race that literally needs to kill just to live and it's entire purpose is more killing without a second thought. To him they'd be nothing but a colony of weak as fuck Doomsdays.

I actually saw a panel of them fighting. It looked like a legit comic, but i couldn't find it for the love of me.

Of course, our boy Frank fucked his shit up

Supes only kills when it's the absolute last resort, if that even. He sure as hell wouldn't genocide a whole species, regardless of how hostile they are.

It's like that old Doctor Who ep where he had the chance to wipe out the Daleks, who are space Nazi's in all but appearance. In fact, he had a chance to stop them from ever existing in the first place, but he couldn't do it because he thinks no one should have a say about the destiny of an entire species.

>Have I the right?

Absurd. Xenomorphs are more like a virus then an actual species. They kill to breed, and breeding is all they do. He'd have no moral qualms about exterminating something like that. Fuck, even Doomsday straight up turned hero a couple of times. When fucking Doomsday is more redeemable then you, you know you're evil.

Already happened. Actually Kal just crushed it.

The Doctor is such an immoral fucktard that several galaxies got together and put the man in an inescapable box once.

Perfect for Superman since she's the embodiment of death and comes when humanity has lost hope.

Green Arrow archnemesis.

It might be a perfect opposite, but Superman hardcounters that in practice. Fuck, his very PRESENCE inspires hope.

>The Doctor was put in an inescapable box because a race of forgettable Slender Men tricked all of his enemies into believing he would eventually destroy the entire universe, and in fact putting him in said box kickstarted the time apocalypse anyway

ftfy, senpai

Oh don't defend his shit. He's incapable of making decisions without a human hostage in the line of fire, and even then apparently he'll endanger existence for them. He's a manipulative time-traveling liar that's ironically too indecisive to ever help people more than he does harm.

He's a fucking alien dude, from a species quite literally billions of years more advanced than humanity. The whole point of his character is he's not human, and it lets him give an outside looking in perspective on most things. It also highlights aspects of the human condition that he learns about or observes.

It's like if Superman never got his Clark Kent persona was was just the high born alien sun god living amongst the lowly humans

>we still haven't gotten a Doctor Who/Superman crossover yet.

Morality is not relative when dealing with a species who's only goal is the extermination of every other form of life. He had a chance to nip it in the bud and left it because lol guilt complex probably from killing his own people (retconned now). He allowed a group of homicidal/genocidal living hate-machines loose on multiple galaxies to kill billions AND HE KNEW THAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT. Every Time Lord we've seen has been off their fucking rocker and The Doctor is no exception.

That was Tom Baker Doctor back in the seventies, user. Time War was still decades away. He didn't allow the Daleks to exist because of guilt, he did it because he didn't want to be that guy, with the power to end a whole species, with a single gesture. He felt he didn't have the right to do it, even citing how some good things come from the Daleks (planets that would've been at war with each other are allies out of shared fear of the Daleks).

youtu.be/9PXdwqlJ19U

Yes yes I have that on DVD. So what you're saying is he's okay with controlling the galaxies through fear and genocide? Got it.

>So what you're saying is he's okay with controlling the galaxies through fear and genocide?
>only other option is literally genocide

Rock and a hard place, user. Not exactly the easiest of choices, especially for a pacifist like the Doc.

>planets that would've been at war with each other are instead gonna be exterminated as allies
What a swell guy.

It's been done before, I know, but the idea of Dracula as an "Anti-Batman" villain has just always appealed to me, and I never feel like he's fully reached his potential in that context.
>both already have plenty of (arguably superficial) parallels to each other right of the 'bat' - "creatures of the night", richfags with prestigious ancestry, isolated from the normal/humanized side of society, extremely intelligent, ruthlessly driven, wears capes, etc.
>one thrives on the superstition and cowardice of criminals, the other relies on modern society's absence of superstitions to thrive unimpeded
>one's hindered by a duel identity that can't be neglected, physical mortal fallibility, and his own rigid morality / the other's hindered by the sun, having to sleep in dirt, and a who fuckton of other random weaknesses that more-or-less even the playing fields
>Batman would be forced to break his "no killing" rule on a technicality whenever Dracula feels like sharing his un-dead plague with any of his victims, whether they be innocent or otherwise
>The Count would have basically infinite Renfields to exploit with Arkham Asylum alone, not to mention the rest of that forsaken city
>Alfred as a vampire hunter would be a top-tier read with no other context anyways

>I never feel like he's fully reached his potential in that context
Someone hasn't read Red Rain. My favorite Batman comic by far.

>>Alfred as a vampire hunter would be a top-tier read with no other context anyways
Oh FUCK, I really, really want this. You don't even know.

Did anyone here read Red Rain?

This shit right here is EXACTLY the sort of thing I'd want.

Or maybe Lex Luthor taking on the Doctor while Superman takes on another one of the Doctor's foes? Or maybe a General Zod/evil Kryptonians alliance with The Master or better yet, the Sontarans? Or not.

Cyborg Superman, leader of the Cyberman

>Cyborg Superman, leader of the Cyberman
Hhnngg

Perfect.

Also get someone British or formerly British on it, like Grant Morrison, Neil Gaiman, or Alan Moore. Boom, you have yourself an amazing Superman/Doctor Who crossover and likely one of the definitive Superman and Doctor Who stories.

Not directly related, but there was a pretty cool cross-over with Judge Dredd that got storytimed last year. It touched on a few of the things you mentioned.

This guy is a shit villain from a shit show, but I find the concept of him terrifying.
>2 meter tall serial killer cajun who eats his victims and can take their appearance through voodoo
Sounds like a fun Hellblazer villain.

> mfw this is a real MSG villain
I only played the first one and the VR missions, what the heck happened to this franchise

MGR technically isn't an MGS game, it's a spinoff.

Also, it's the goddamned shit. Honestly, not him, but I probably like it more than any real MGS game.

>sequel never

Fuck you, Konami.

As enemy of the DCU as a whole. Imagine this guy turning the Religion of Crime into the Cult of Nod.

>Superman cherishes all life.

I'm sure he'd make an exception.

Oh boy, it went full anime

also bump

>what the heck happened to this franchise

It followed the logical evolution of a series that has a cyborg ninja fighting a robot dinosaur that can fire a nuke.

Superman cherishes all life
>youtube.com/watch?v=hQDmKl1HCaU

bump

Hexxus vs Swamp Thing

The Aliens and Predators have crossed over with just about fucking everything at this point. There's sort of a joke about how, despite them being badass in their own franchises, they're basically the universes biggest jobbers, because they're constantly being beat down by fucking everyone.

>what the heck happened to this franchise

I think T and his crew would work perfectly for a lower level, or still fresh-faced, street level hero like Daredevil or a young Spider-Man.

Or, rather, from the other perspective - Tony losing his shit having to deal with his guys getting knocked off by fanooks in spandex suits.

DC already has Vandal Savage, though.

Now I'm just imagining Snyder Supers taking down a Xenomorph hive the same way he did Metropolis. I think it would work well in the Snyder Grit-o-verse

I feel like if they ever did something like Marvel 1602 but in the apocalypse, The Brother Hood Of Steel would be a cool anti-Mutant Group. Going for the same purity of the human race kinda thing like other groups, but with crazy power armor and flying ships and shit.

I like it

I thank you for reminding me of this

Nope, but I will now

Speaking of, does anyone else think that the Winds of Destruction would make for great Iron Man villains as well?

I honestly think that Armstrong and the Winds of Destruction could work well as both Captain America and Iron Man villains (like AIM is with both of them, or Kingpin is with Spider-Man and Daredevil).

>Aquaman on spooky pirate adventures

I'd read the fuck out of that

Captain America in the Metal Gear Solid universe is a perfect fit.

Shit's so fucking perfect, it's crazy.

Also kind of related; an user on here once had the idea of having SHIELD take on Albert Wesker and bioterrorism in general. That shit basically sells itself.

>Vibranium HF shield

Shocker and Hydra team up to take over the Marvel universe.

I just want a team up between the original Riders and Captain America.

>Fury and Chris Redfield combine special ops forces

And fuck I want Leon and Hawkeye to team up, give Leon SOMEONE that lets him actually do some banter for a partner, Jesus.

Has Davey Jones as a concept ever been touched on in DC?

Fuuuuck.

It'd be the sharpest blade in all existence, probably.

I don't think so.

The more I think about it, the more I think he could be a GREAT freaking Aquaman villain.

Batman will just hit him with a special EMP. Anything with any kind of weakness stands no chance against Batman's writers.

The Ruinous Powers vs. Marvel or DC universe
You could throw Chaos at anything and it'll be awesome.

Chaos in the DCU would be fascinating because of how all the hypercrisis shit works

Could the Endless take them on? Both are fundamentally shaped by the subconscious drives and necessities of all life in the universe.

You're thinking of the Enclave, not BOS.
BOS are a small, very isolationist society. They're only goal is to gather up all the technology so others cant use it. They don't have huge qualms with mutants and ghouls.

The enclave, on the other hand, are all about exterminating the impurities, and they stockpile weapons just to do it.

>The Flying Ducthman and it's ghostly crew can show up anywhere on the sea at any time
>Jones does ghost like things but also uses old pirate voodoo so you can never tell for sure what he is
>has a personal rivalry with Auqaman to show him "who really rules these waters!"
This needs to happen. AM's rouges gallery is one of the things holding him back and this gives him a unique sea-based villain that's not just another atlantian.

This is some WH40k shit right?

God, I kinda want to see this now. What about the New Gods? Would they form a rivalry with the Chaos Gods? Or maybe some of them could work together?

>Darkseid forms an allegiance with the Chaos Gods
>Kalibak becomes a herald of Khorne, granted access to lead some of Khorne's armies and such
>Darkseid schemes with Tzeentch up until he's ruling New Genesis and Earth with the Anti-Life Equation, when Tzeentch then starts directing the New Genesis gods, Earth's superheroes, and various forces from all across the galaxy, universe, or even through time to dethrone Darkseid
>Granny Goodness becomes a follower of Slaanesh

Not sure about Nurgle though. I don't know much about WH40k lore but this could be dope as fuck.

I think Koh would be great in the DC universe. Gives people information, but only if they show no emotion or else get their face stolen.
He'd be a great batman supporting character for his more mystical problems.

>This needs to happen. AM's rouges gallery is one of the things holding him back and this gives him a unique sea-based villain that's not just another atlantian.
My nigga. The hard part is coming up with a good motivation, though I like Davy Jones wanting to show Aquaman who who's boss, essentially.

If I ever become a comic book writer, I'll do this.

Okay, so the Immaterium in the 40k universe is basically the collective unconcious of all living things in the universe. And in the 40k universe everything is so shitty by this point that it's been overwhelemed by negative impulses, emotions, feelings and events, enough to create the main Chaos gods.

>Tzeentch - change, trickery, sorcery
>Khorne - warfare, bloodlust, survival of the fittest
>Slaanesh - sensation, pain and pleasure, lust, aesthetic perfection
>Nurgle - decay, sickness and disease

Now each of these gods ALSO have positive aspects they represent (Tzeentch is hope, Khorne has honor, Slaanesh embodies striving for personal improvement and artistic craft, and Nurgle can represent comfort), but again the 40k universe is such a shithole that they're by and large negative forces.

It's basically what if the Gentry won

That's really cool, user. I don't play the game but that sounds like a really cool universe.

Are my ideas in line with the Chaos Gods at all or no?

>It's basically what if the Gentry won
Nice. Maybe interacting with the Gentry would be more interesting then?

I don't know enough about New Gods shit to comment, really.

Sorry, meant to respond to

Pennywise would be an absolutely fantastic Batman villian.
>Awakens due to a terrible tragedy, like what occur every thursday in Gotham
>A grisly series of murders follows, many involving children
>Batman investigates, but the people he interviews give wildly conflicting accounts of what they saw/tell him they didn't see a thing
>The children are the only ones that give him any meaningful information. They tell him they saw their worst fears.
>Batman naturally thinks it's scarecrow, but since he's back in arkham or whatever, it can't be him
>has to descend into the sewer, fighting off pennywise's attacks
>sees his greatest fears, bats, dead parents, dead jason, etc, and has to overcome them
>finally finds pennywise in his sewer lair, and has to have a psychic battle of will and hope to defeat him
>never sure if he died for real, or if he'll come back

>Maybe interacting with the Gentry would be more interesting then?

No, because they're too similar. Both are corrupting forces that represent the worst desires of humanity.

Dealing with the Endless is what I originally proposed and I think that'd be pretty interesting. Both have elements in common with their origins regarding representing certain ubiquitous universal constants, but are anthropomorphized in completely different ways.

Well the New Gods are essentially cosmic superhero gods for the 20th century(maybe 21st century as well) that embody ideas or ideals.

>Darkseid is essentially the fascist god of tyranny
>Desaad, the god of torture and sadism
>Granny Goodness, the goddess of possessive love
>Glorious Godfrey, the god of propaganda and crowd manipulation
>Mr. Miracle, the god of freedom, opposite of Darkseid

The problem comes down to what level the Warp woukd exist on if it came to the DCU. And a big part of THAT problem is that the DCU already exists on similar principles. So would Chaos simply cease to exist because the DCU is a more optimistic, heroic universe than 40k? Or would it start corrupting the elements of the Multiverse around it?

>So would Chaos simply cease to exist because the DCU is a more optimistic, heroic universe than 40k? Or would it start corrupting the elements of the Multiverse around it?
Oh fuck, this shit is so good. So much shit to think about.

What if they honed into Earth-3 or something and let their influence 'bleed' into that universe? And maybe took the CSA as champions or something?

>target specific worlds and corrupt heroes within them to spread

Fuck they really ARE the Gentry.

I think we're on to something here.