Clark Kent

How are they going to explain the sudden reappearance of Clark Kent in the DCEU?

Why in the world would he ever become Clark Kent again in the dceu?

Because...that's his identity?

They didnt think that far ahead user. More likely Clark is getting the Fortress and being Supes 24/7 now. Either that, or everyone at the Daily Planet is going to look the other way (If they werent already before his death)

What makes you think they'll have him reappear at all?

He faked his death because his investigation into Batman got him in trouble with Luthor's conspiracy or the mob or aliens.

Or maybe when Darkseid walks the Earth the dead will rise and become living again.

That's what they didn't think before hand. Why is WB full of incompetent retards?

But they showed his body in a casket.

Where's the proof that they didn't think that far ahead? What if they have a plan?

Cause that's who he is.

They killed Superman second movie in, how is that good planning?

Probably a pretty retarded plan.

DCEU Wonder Woman is probably great at forging documents and shit what with her immortality. probably has government connections too.

blah blah Witness protection program blah blah

shit should be easy to hand wave. Snyder could easily botch it though

They won't.

It's pretty obvious in the same way that Snyder didn't give two fucks about Jimmy and had little interest in showing the Planet or any of the other standard supporting characters in the Superbooks, that the DECU doesn't really intend for there to be a "public" face of Clark going forward. They aren't going to be calling him Kal, but the public will call him Superman, and the JL folks, when they are being friendly and inside their version of the watchtower/hall of justice, might call him Clark, certainly Lois will.

But there will be no Clark Kent, investigative reporter, etc.

They already killed Jimmy Olsen without giving a fuck, it's obvious they just don't care about the Clark side.

They won't. Snyder killed off clark so now there will only be superman. Guy really doesn't give a fuck about him or his supporting cast.

Supes needs a civilian identity to be with Lois. He can't have a personal life otherwise. That was a specific plot point in BvS.

Witness Protection. Its pretty damn simple.

wrong. he's superman.

FUCK CLARK, WE NEED MORE CGI AND DRAMATIC DOCUMENTARY ZOOMS

Yeah of all the things I wasn't too crazy about this movie it was them killing Clark off instead of just Superman. I don't understand why they didn't just say that he disappeared after the Gotham situation and is currently missing.

I don't think they showed his face,d id they? Ntot hat I think he faked his death or anything; I just mean that's interesting from a filming perspective. I've been thinking the whole death thing was decided in reshoots and they couldn't get Cavill in at the time, so they filmed it that way. I get the feeling that originally he didn't die, or his death was more of a fakeout.

Bruce Wayne uses money magic to make an ID, social security, etc. for Superman. He's now Jordan Elliot.

by using the dragonballs

>when Superman was flying back from the afterlife, he spotted me and decided to carry me back with him too

>Supes needs a civilian identity to be with Lois. He can't have a personal life otherwise.
Not according to Snyder
>That was a specific plot point in BvS.
And In Man of Steel, there was a plot point where young clark is in a school closet and his mom comes to teach him to listen in on her voice. In batman vs superman, Snyder straight up said that superman couldn't find his mom using his hearing because he learned to shut it off otherwise it would drive him crazy from hearing people calling for help all over the world.

I doubt it. It's supposed to be Clark.

>What if they have a plan?

WB hired Snyder to direct the three biggest movies in the DCEU. They let him kill off Superman in the second movie. They have no plan, they're just desperately trying (and failing) to catch up to the MCU.

His funeral was shot November 2014, one and a half years before the movie came out.

Thanks for reminding me of how much I hate Zack Snyder's retarded creativity

>Not according to Snyder
Yes according to Snyder. Clark and Lois have a conversation about it.

I'm not even going to bother greentexting the other shit you said. Neither of those things has anything to do with the other.

The fact that he is directing JL is an insult.

I don't get it. "They killed Superman!" isn't proof that they don't have a plan to bring back Clark. It's all just speculation.

They killed Clark Kent, it's going to be really hard for them to bring him back. This is all because they couldn't wait until a standalone Superman movie where they could do death of Superman.

A lot of people feel like killing Superman this early into the DCEU is a mistake because Superman's character hasn't been established well enough as a likeable guy, both in and out of universe to the point where killing him has this huge impact, versus if Captain America had been killed at the end of "Civil War". After reading Snyder's logic behind Superman's death, I feel like his reasoning is off, that what he wanted to accomplish with teh formation of the Justice League and Batman's reformation could be done with a still alive Clark. And from a storytelling perspective, the most invulnerable member of the JL was killed off in the second movie by a Doomsday that didn't even look like Doomsday. What could be a bigger "oh shit" moment than that?

You are missing the point.

The issue is not whether or not they have a plan to bring him back to life. That much is obvious.

But the fact that they blew their load on the death of superman in the second movie, as an afterthought to the 'primary' Batman vs Superman plot... in a film where superman himself barely appears? That shows some spectacularly poor planning.

They just took every popular superman thing they could get their hands on and mashed it together in one movie in a concentrated effort to waste as many of their best superman plots as possible at once.

I am honestly shocked we didn't get the dream sequence from 'For the man who has everything' too while we were at it. Not like Snyder to pass up an opportunity for a dream sequence.

> by a Doomsday that didn't even look like Doomsday

By a Doomsday that didn't even matter*

They are obviously setting up for a Darkseid plot. Not saving the death of superman for later, in order to be the biggest 'oh SHIT' move possible to establish Darkseid's threat level, is sort of mind boggling.

Pretty much. I mean sure the risk of Superman dying again is there, but whats the point? The coin has been spent. Having the DoS done this early pretty much kills all tension with Superman conflicts now. Which I know it could be argued "well duh the protagonist will prevail" shit but cmon guys, you have to give us some little nugget of doubt

Exactly. Superman wasn't properly extablished for it to work. They had to develop him even further to make any impact.

Did they actually say what excuse they gave for Clark dying? I saw the movie but it was such a drag I can't remember most of it.

Killed trying to get a scoop on the Trinity fighting Doomsday. Basically a victim of collateral damage.

Perry told him to stick to the sports section. Now Clark is dead and he never finished his article

Especially considering how few people liked him up to this point anyway.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think Cavill did great with what he had to work with, I don't blame him, but he wasn't given much and most of it was emotionless garbage.

I don't see any reason for Clark, it was always retarded anyway how people didn't realize the similarites only because of some glasses, also Clark was a reporter to always be informed about what is happening around the world which isn't necessary anymore because of internet, if anything his secret identity was impeding Superman to get closer to people or else they could find out his secret identity, specially because Superman is mainly around Metropolis, now that Clark is gone and soon forgotten, Superman can be free.

The glasses work since Clark is just some random jackoff as far as society is concerned and Superman appears to not have a secret identity. When people see him walking in the street, the glasses make him look just off enough that nobody makes the connection since nobody thinks Superman is pretending to be a normal human.

Would you think Obama was secretly a mail man if you had a mail man who looked a lot like him?

>What, are you saying all kryptonians look the same?

Whatever they use to bring back superman can be used to explain clark coming back. Honestly, its like you've never read a comic before

How's that going to change the fact that he could have faked his death?

>Missing the point THIS HARD you'd have to be retarded
How he's brought back isn't the issue dumbass

>flashpoint won't only save the VW-verse but also the DCEU

>implying Jimmy Olsen was his real name

How and why?

Say superman comes back because of darkseid or magic or somewhere in between, what stops them saying that it also brought the totally separate guy clark kent

Whatever they use to bring back superman can be used to >EXPLAIN clark coming back

Can you read?

They could say the body was a fake, or clark faking it. Sure it's a dumb explanation but isn't a completely impossible one

I'm waiting to hear a non stupid explanation where no one asks questions

They did. It's called Snyder doesn't give a shit about Clark Kent.

Clark Kent as a persona of Superman makes no sense for modern Superman.

In the origins, his purpose was to be a way for Superman to keep his ear to the ground and learn where to be when he needed to be.
>Clark! There's a robbery at the old bank, go cover it!

Clark goes, changes into his costume in a phoneboth and saves the day.

But now since Superman is omniscient, why does he need to be told where to be?
Someone in Metropolis says "I want to go rob a bank" he can be there to stop it before they step out of their car.
That's the power level of modern Superman.

For every moment Superman is being Clark Kent, he's hearing people die.
>Please why doesn't anyone help me!
>Sorry lady, I'm going to sit at this desk and write a piece about how the Metropolis little league team won against the Smallville one. Maybe I can work a baseball pun in there.
That doesn't make sense?

You could count the life cost for every article Clark writes.

Move on. Retire the persona.
It doesn't make sense.

Fuck it, just don't. Don't explain any of it, don't justify an of it. It's a symbol. It means something. Real fans already understand. If you have to ask, you're too stupid to get it anyway. Just go watch Marvel movies with the rest of the unwashed masses, so the adults can revel in this deep meaningful masterpiece of a film like the truly worthy geniuses that they are.

Perry and everyone at the planet should ask questions, do you know why they don't? Suspension of disbelief

Well de-powering Superman wouldn't be a bad thing. I know people like to joke about how much DCAU jobbed but honestly I think it was for the better

He´ll say he hid in a closet during the fight with Doomsday and was trapped there until someone found him.
It worked once; I don´t see why I can´t work in the movies too.

Even if they said he just disappeared we'd still be having these "HOW ARE THEY GONNA EXPLAIN THIS AWAY?" threads.

Clark Kent, not Superman but Clark Kent, had an *open casket* funeral at the end of the movie.

>Perry: Gee Lois why did Bruce Wayne attend Clark's funeral that's weird as hell

Would you guys be alright if everyone at The Daily Planet just knew like Lois and just treated him like Clark?
>"I don't pay you to save the world Clark, I pay you to write sports!"

Flashpoint isn't even affecting Arrow, Amell said so himself. He could be lying, but why tell a lie that makes people LESS interested?

Without the ridiculousness of the Clark Kent identity Superman is pretty boring. Snyder getting rid of it is just another in a long line of examples of Snyder not getting why people like the character.

Snyder confirmed it was Jimmy.

Nothing about the character makes sense anyway. If you get rid of Clark Kent you might as well get rid of Superman. There's no point of having one without the other.

Could be retconned and the CIA guy took his place/name as a cover. Regardless Snyder is a prick

This still gets to me. Why would Snyder even want to direct a Superman movie if it's clear he's embarrassed by every part of the mythos that doesn't involve Superman's powers?

Witness protection.

Clark Kent reporter got so close to the Doomsday fight that the army has had him in witness protection while they ask him about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Doomsday.

He will probably just reappear without an explanation. Nobody will question it either. There will be a deleted scene in the Justice League: Ultimate Edition (NOW AVAILABLE ON BLURAY PLZ BUY) where someone says they thought he was dead and Clarke will say "I'm a metaphor for Jesus."

DYERCs?

The more absurd the better. He should come in with crutches and bandages around his head like George Costanza and say he was knocked unconscious and got amnesia. He's just been wandering the streets the past couple of months, etc.

Money, why else

>superman wakes up in his grave.
>Walks home to his mom, tells her he's not dead.
>Walks to the police station as clark kent.
>"I'm not dead, i was kidnapped by terrorist similar to those who killed jimmy olsen"
>4-6 months pass.
>Superman makes his return.

They never found clark kents body so something like that works.
I hope they dont do this, I hope clark kent stays dead and only superman returns.

>The government want to find out who is Superman and send a drone
>Superman destroys said drone
>Only Lois Lane knows Superman's identity
>Guy who looks exactly like Superman but with glasses start working on The Planet after the Zod incident and he's hired despite lacking studies and work experience
>No one makes the connection

>you might as well get rid of Superman
Thats fine with desu senpai

they'll just say he's Clark's cousin from Fawcett City, Billy Shazam

you all know that movie ain't gonna happen

well, he's in Justice League, so there's that

that's not what witness protection is for

the idea that an intrepid reporter would simply turn a blind eye to a military which kidnapped him and held him without trial is ridiculous, so he'd never use it as a cover story

Same as in comics. He went off to Africa or something to do a story. Or maybe they'll pull a STAS and have it so that he was in a coma and was nursed to health.

They must've became good friends after Lex's gala!

If Batman's Mad Max apocalypse comes true, I don't think he's identity would no longer be a matter to him or anyone for that matter. Maybe he becomes just Superman or maybe he's openly Clark and Superman at the same time.

That future was averted the minute Flash fucked with the timeline. My worst fear for JL is Clark getting thrown into the 3rd act to save the day via final battle out of nowhere.

And the extended edition has the guy call himself jimmy olsen

How did they know he was dead anyways?

Lois can be known as Superman's girlfriend. She is, to an extent, given the Africa situation, somewhat known as having some sort of relationship. And, if necessary, they can create a different relationship. They'll need to show the farm being sold off (and again, Snyder gives two fucks about that history) and move Martha to the Fortress or Gotham, or some such, and likewise move Lois in there.

The end credits confirmed it was Jimmy, irrespective of the fact that Snyder also said so.

Frank Quitely and the Donner films disagree

Lois probably told them since she knows Superman's identity in these awful movies.

They're not bringing Clark back. Snyder just wants out of the shitty human stuff so he can go full Jesus. He'll no longer have to pretend to be a mortal after he is risen again as a god.

It makes sense fooling the general public, but it's silly to be that no one who Clark works with closely never catches on. It's been going on so long with so many close coincidences. It's just silly for no one at the Planet to put two and two together.

>Hey, that Clark fella looks just like Superman, but with glasses.