It's weird that the most recent one is the best

It's weird that the most recent one is the best

How bad are the middle two? I've only seen some of the original, and it was pretty bad itself. Sendak had a pretty great 80s mullet though.

>the one where they changed a white lady to a brown one is the best
yeah no

Why does Voltron Force look like a mid 90s DIC cartoon?

Pretty bad. Not in the 'so bad it can be funny sometimes' kind of way, just in the painful way.

They spread the kickstarterbucks too thin.

I didn't know Princess Alura was descended from Europeans.

That's fantasy brown, not POC brown

>Force
>2011
>looks like 2000

seriously. That 5 year jump to now looks like a 20 year difference

Is it weird that I kinda like the lion helmets in two?

>He doesn't know about delicious brown elves

to be fair the 2011 series was a Nicktoon exclusive. It must have had less than a shoestring budget

What went right?

Lust.

Third Dimension doesn't look bad if you like the late 90s Beast Wars/Reboot style of CGI.

And it was kickstartered or something like that

Everything.

No but Kickstart was the name of the production company behind it.

>Shiro's supposed to be the same age as the rest of the team

I don't fucking buy it. I don't care how long you got raped by space bats.

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor.

I knew that fucking Titanic movie the gypsy prince reminded me of something

They literally copied his character design

He's definitely not the same age, but I could still believe he's 19 considering how young he looked before becoming a Galran cumbucket.

>His smile and optimism gone

Did you make this chart?
I'm glad that it exists.
Would be nice if there was 2 versions.
One each with all the helmets off and on.

Are you joking? Every single one of those is worse. Even Voltron Force is more creative and varied.

Shiro was going on missions into space before the rest were even a part of the academy. He's clearly meant to be older.

So Pidge was always male in the old ones?

yes

He may have just been a young prodigy though.

He's probably about the same age as Pidge's brother

I think he's supposed to be an upperclassman. Or whatever the non weeb term would be.
Maybe even graduated, but recently enough that he still has a friendly connection to the academy.
The other guys were still in the middle of training, but he was out on an important mission to the edge of (at the time) known space.

meant. Duh.

Why didn't you save him, Sup Forums?

>Pidge not a delicious effeminate boy
>Hunk is Bolin in Space
>no Lotor
>no Cova
>shitty robeasts
>Allura is a magical Mihoshi
>best

Why are the prison outfits basically painted on?

Space spandex.

The same reason Galra armor is basically painted on. They clearly don't have the weak hangups about their bodies the way we do.

>I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend
>you're my mission

Allura and Pidge are both vast improvements, you homosexual.

Or maybe they're all just perverts who want to show off and appreciate human/Galran bodies 24/7.

>Brown elves
worst kind of elves
>elves
worst kinda of fantasy race.
good job you got a double dose of shit

There's nothing perverted about appreciating the beauty of a well-formed human/Galran.

I just marathoned the first episode of the new series, and it seems decent. pidge is best boy

Are you goading us into posting this cutie?
Well it worked

(you)

And we have ourselves another case of "Everything I don't like is shit and you're shit for liking it."

>pidge is best boy
>boy

user...

what. don't tell me he is some kind of tranny. or worse a disgusting reverse trap?

I actually think that just 'totally not human' is the worst at least she has some distinctly inhuman characteristics other than it being totally an informed trait.

Does it hurt to have such bad taste?

>All this talk of the old shows
>Not one mention of bestgirl
I present you with a collage to educate yourselves.

It is unusual, isn't it? For something to get two terrible remakes followed by a good one. I can't think of another time that has happened. It's hard enough to think of something with four distinct almost evenly-spaced versions (alvin and the chipmunks comes to mind)

i'll admit it's weird having a bolin and a sokka in the same show, but it... works somehow.

to be fair this bolin is a lot better than lok bolin, and this sokka is not as good as atla sokka(he's got time to grow into it). maybe it balances out.

All I see is R63 Coran

Scooby Doo.

>You can change every single feature on a person and it's okay
>except skin tone

yeah basically what they did was they took sokka's legitimate capability and what maturity it had, gave it to bolin, leaving the sokka just a lobotomized party boy and the bolin surprisingly well-rounded. It's a very unusual balance, since we also have two "serious normal capable guys", essentially a zuko and a mako. but... i'm sick of the usual balance in casts.

>that incredibly embarrassed Shiro

M-moe~

But there's been like 7 of those.
If scooby-doo had ended at Mystery Inc, you could say that was the 'legendary defender' equivalent, but they kept going.
if we got a shitty seth mcfarlane voltron after this, then...

>that fantastic otgw reference
i heard it in his voice.

I adore that Pidge and Lance are just rockin it and having a good time. I feel like Hunk should be sharing the good vibes with them, he doesn't seem like he'd give a shit.

Allura's problem isn't even her skintone, it's that she's more of the show's magical McGuffin than Voltron itself.
>"This planet-creature is fucked, we need to get out of here!"
>"No wait, Allura has mystical powers and even though restoring the Balmera was a gradual process in the past, she can heal THE WHOLE THING and suffer no consequences!"
>"Holy shit, this dumb cunt believes a hologram is her father, OH WAIT SHE WAKES UP JUST BEFORE THE TEAM IS HURLED INTO THE SUN."
>"Guys whoever built this mystical castle ship decided it'd be a good fucking idea if it could only create wormholes through the mystic blood-powers of the royal lineage. Seriously guys I am not making this up, so we need to get her back like right now."
>"How are we supposed to sneak aboard the ship? Oh, of fucking course, Altaens can change their size and color of their skin to blend in, that's why they're SUCH GREAT DIPLOMATS OF COURSE. Haha, what a great power we've never fucking seen you use before, your highness."
>"DO YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE FUCKING SUPER STRENGTH ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU FUCKING BROWN ELDAR-LOOKING BITCH"

i think her problem is her attitude, voice, hair... she's not pretty at all, she's not remotely what a lost alien princess should be like.

>she's not pretty at all

>doesn't think brown alien elves are pretty
I'm sorry you have to live with having such shit taste.

>Pidge having a good time
Well duh, the girl would enjoy having to see dudes rock the Maid Costume

how bad is this cgi... how was thos acceptable
im glad we dont use cgi anymore

>she's not pretty at all
It's okay to be gay, user.

i find most other brown alien elves pretty. that's what's so weird, this allura looks like they forgot to make her anything but a drag.

but then i'd love her. she seems mannish to me
pidge is perfect girl

oh in fact, i think i know now.. Tenchi example jogged it loose.
She reminds me of Seiryo

Wtf happened to Shiro?

The gay agenda

let go for more grrl power!

why do the white people draw anime

>The one who actually passes for a boy is perfect girl
>The one who sweats an unusual amount.
Don't get me wrong, Pidge is cute. but she's less girlish than Allura.

>passes for a boy
to nobody.
You probably have a backwards idea of how sexuality works. It's okay, you're not alone.

Isn't this by Studio Mir? They're in South Korea.

>to nobody.
When I found out she was female I was shocked but it was too late I was already writing fics about her feminine penis

Whoever made The Third Dimension obviously has no taste.

3D - don't know
Force - It started off a little cliché, but it started to get progressively better in the middle with interesting plot points. However it started becoming routine and the story devolved into a monster of the week type deal, and most of the plot points were left unresolved or were just unsatisfying. The animation in my opinion was meh at best and it usually wasn't at its best. Part of that being it was made in the bundle of Nicktoons in 2011 none of which I recall having good animation. It was the best of the bundle, and you can tell that the creative team cared, but it just wasn't in the stars.

Larmina would've been the best thing about Force if it wasn't for her existence being so contrived.

When will Allura take Shiro's virginity?

Oh and I should mention the voice acting was terrible (the traditional Canadian-American mix from Johnny Test and MLP). It was also a toy and video game tie in, though nobody wanted the toys, and THQ shutdown before the game was complete.

>Shiro
>a virgin

>the voice acting was terrible

>Its the hymen of the heart that matters.

Dude's already serviced the entire Galra empire. That ship has long sailed.