It baffles me how Warner never exploited the Flash's massive cinematic potential for so long...

It baffles me how Warner never exploited the Flash's massive cinematic potential for so long. He's tailor-made for a movie: Fun personality, interesting setting, solid supporting cast, based enemies that rival Batman's and Spider-Man's, the potential for some awesome visuals, a very interesting and sprawling mythology they could develop over several movies. They're literally handling a multi-million dollar franchise on a silver platter.

I mean, they could honestly made a movie out of any of the Flashes. Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, even fucking Bart Allen could result in an interesting movie. It's the ultimate blockbuster recipe, there's action, adventure, comedy, romance, sci-fi, drama, even a bit of horror and suspense. Done right the Flash could've become as big and done as much for them as Iron Man did for Marvel. I mean, a fucking TV show on the CW made on a shoestring budget quickly became the biggest TV show in the network's history and in its best moments can scrape up major network numbers, not to mention it has become popular enough to shape normies' notion of the mythos like Batman TAS did in the 90's.

But Warner continuously dropped the ball, and now the Flash is saddled in the sinking ship that is the Snyderverse, and if the rumors are to be believed, they'll just be redoing the first season of the TV show in movie form with a Millennial-oriented aesthetic. What a blunder.

Other urls found in this thread:

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its because Hollywood writers have zero idea on how to write speedsters given how broken they can be. They cant find the middle ground between Quicksilver from X Men and the retard you posted as pic related

Because Warner Bros was ran by idiots who thought that (a) cape movies were just a brief fad and (b) they could coast off Batman and Harry Potter movies forever but then suddenly Avengers made a billion dollars at the box office and they collectively went "oh fuck!". Now everything's being rushed out without any thought put into it.

/thread

Also OP, there was a Flash movie in development like 7-8 years ago. Goyer was writing and directing, Ryan Reynolds was going to be Wally West. It was going to be structured like The Mask of Zorro with Wally becoming his own hero after Barry dies.

>Millennial-oriented aesthetic

WTF does this even mean?

Easy middle ground is not to make them goes fast out the gate and tie their energy output to their metabolism. Pretty much the limits Wally had pre speed force. Only problem with this is now every expects speedsters to be QS quality or better without being a rip off.

>the retard you posted as pic related
CW Barry is a freaking idiot.

Beats me.

They don't want to disappoint the critics

Hollywood executives are creatively bankrupt. They only know about Superman and Batman so that's all they care about.

Flash is the most criminally underused DC character. He could have had his own animated series in the 90s and be as big as Batman or Superman. Kids would have loved him, he has definitely the appeal. But for some reason DC and Warner were always terrible at marketing their characters not called Batman and Superman. Hell, they even have a bad time marketing Superman.

>based enemies that rival Batman's and Spiderman's
No
The most interesting is/are Zoom/ReverseFlash, and that's it
Bit the biggest problem is indeed how to tone his powers down.

>Wally West will never be the star of anything Flash, movie or comic

New 52 was a cynical atrocity driven solely by movie synergy.

can someone explain this to me?

>suicide squad in arrow
>characters get killed off because suicide squad movie
>even tv captain boomerang get imprisoned forever because he's in the suicide squad movie
yet
>there's a tv flash and a movie flash
why do they care so much about there not being any duplicates of the suicide squad movie characters, but launch an entire show around a character that is getting his own movie?

He could have Rivaled Toby Maguire's Spider-Man probably even surpassed him by the second movie.

HOLY SHIT

double dubs don't lie

DCAU Flash and Superman may have jobbed a lot , but in all honesty I was fine with their power levels. At least they had episodes that proved they could be ridiculously OP but explained why they never go to that level regularly

I'm working on a spec script for a buddy cop type superhero movie with the Flash and Vibe.

Goyer writing a Ryan Reynolds movie about a legacy of a hero most people were never introduced to? That sounds disastrous.

WB has always been afraid of people getting different versions mixed up, for whatever reason. This shit has been going on since at least the DCAU Justice League days.
dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo

Flashfags are absolute cancer.

Speed force was a mistake

I like flash but I agree, Flash currently only has 1 good season, stop acting like your hot shit.

The Flash is being handled by a studio that thinks any superhero besides Batman is for faggots.
What a time to be alive.

I thought it was because the technology wasn't advanced enough to make a speedster go fast without making him look retarded.

They could do a good speedster movie with special effects some time in the 80s.
But it takes some effort, some direction, and a lot of creativity.

When you look at something like Percy Jackson Trilogy, past movie one you wonder why there is even shitty human level CQC when they are literally fighting on a boat, in a ocean, when Percy got this insane super powerful aquakinesis.

Then you have the X-men movies, where they at the least TRY to have all the fight be done with POWERS.

They don't like feeling as if they have to compete with their own product. Once the Flash movie gets close, they may cancel the TV show.

But why it's successful and a lot of people love it why cancel it?

Flash is a fucking stupid character to animate. LITERALLY only another speedster could be a threat to him. That's why the Flash tv show is fucking retarded except for poltergeist important episodes.
>can literally out ran bullets
>sees the world slower than slow motion
>gets punched by non speedsters
Yeah no

>poltergeist
Wew auto correct

Bat embargo is changed up now the Johns is on the DCCU

Only under Barry.

With wally it was speed Judo and used in creative ways/ chessy ways. From everything I've seen of Barry its always used to explain the source of his power, a plot point for X to steal, or some holy thing to worship. At best you may get time travel with it.

Meanwhile Wally was making suits, stealing speed, and sharing his speed.

They can't cancel the Flash, but they can embargo the Suicide Squad off of Arrow.

Quality is irrelevant to this discussion. It's a popular show.

Tbqh I think The Flash should have a out of continuity comic similar to the Legend of Wonder Woman where they could write the charaters from scratch starting with Jay Garrick anx ending with wally or whomever

This.

And now that we're finally getting a Flash movie, watch it fucking suck.

If I remember correctly, the rumor was that Season 1 of CW's The Flash was originally a movie script that was green-lit and then cancelled due to the writer's strike back in '07 or '08. Johns and Berlanti sat on it until Warner green-lit the project as a TV show after a back-door pilot on Arrow.

Once it was green-lit they had added a lot of filler (plastique, queen bee, etc.) to literally produce a villain-of-the-week while the main storyline of Wellsobard Thawne was the remnants of the movie-script.

Did I miss anything? Is this all wrong?

Another thing, Why the fuck isnt grant Gustin in the movies Flash. Fuck Ezra. Essentially the whole cast of the TV show, could be on the big screen.

The script was actually pretty good. Zoom and The Turtle were the villains.

Because multiverse nigga

>, Why the fuck isnt grant Gustin in the movies Flash. Fuck Ezra. Essentially the whole cast of the TV show, could be on the big screen.

The TV show is pure crap and most actors are crap or don't give a fuck. You have shit taste, the flash is Gossip girl with powers

There was more than one Percy Jackson movie?

>Barry I'm on a train and about to die
>Oh shit Patty I'll save you
>JK Flash, no danger
>But are you Barry Allen?
>.......Noooo......

Suicide Squad on arrow was cancelled by the arrow producers, WB didn't ask them, though I suspect they would have given time

It's like in the 2000s, when The Batman, Teen Titans, and Justice League Unlimited were running at the same time. Batman was immune to the embargo since he was a main character in both TB and JLU. Robin, on the other hand, was barred from appearing on The Batman until Teen Titans ended, and JLU wasn't allowed to use nearly all of Batman's supporting cast because The Batman was using them.

And The Batman couldn't use Two-Face, Scarecrow, or Ra's because of the Nolan movies, but Joker was fair game. Meanwhile, JLU was barred from using Joker

Who the fuck knows how the embargo system works?

AND Snyder will make him dark, moody, and fucking tragic. #DCEU

Did you not see anything from the set visits?

That didn't happen.

They were asked, bro. They only killed CW's Waller by their own volition.

>flash enemies are as good as Batman Superman

No. He doesn't have an iconic supervillain like Batman and Superman. He may be a cooler more lighthearted hero made for TV but the villains just aren't there. Batman and Superman have like 3 top 10 villains of all time each.

>Millenial-oriented aesthetic

Something like this?

No you're right. That movie script was shit though. Making Captain Cold an edgy serial killer was the stupidest thing I'd ever read.

>Superman

no

>How do you do my fellow children.webem

>Like most demigods, Percy has ADHD and dyslexia, the former because of his godly battle instincts
Movie version: Throwing fistcuffs and can barely movie left and right or do edge cuts
>Percy is gifted with several semi-divine abilities: the ability to manipulate water and currents; enhanced strength/energy and senses while near the water
Movie version: Will rarely ever use any of his cool OP powers, and will mostly do weird shoulder shoving instead of fighting

So yeah, it got a 2nd movie. Where they did a shit job of ripping off Harry Potter movies. Most likely they could do adopt the entire series and earn some money, but they don't wanna.

>LITERALLY only another speedster could be a threat to him.
This is sorta why we WANT to see a Flash movie or series done properly.
Nothing is really a threat to The Flash, except for the goffy supervillans with a silly power level due their gimmicks.
A Flash movie should embrace how silly it should get, and at the least do 2-3 villans and maybe have the final battle be a gigantic CGI team up with shit loads of fancy effects.

It's going to be "fun" but not because of an earnest attempt at making a movie that actually wants to have a more innocent sense of fun and wonder, but more of a cash-grab and misunderstanding of what makes the Marvel movies fun.

So ironic. A more fun DC movie is exactly what I wanted and now that we're getting one I'm not sure if it's what I want.