Green Lanterns #3 Lettered Preview

Why are they so cute?

Based Lupa variant

Buddy cop is the best premise

God I with they would get rid of the glowing lines on Simons uniform.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks awful and completely inconsistent with every other lantern, human or alien?

Does DC think this is a good design?

the end for now

doesn't bother me but I wouldn't mind them gone too

wish*
not with

Wow the art in this is awful. People get paid for this?

This is the only page with decent art, and it still sucks in the middle.

>GLs turned out to be cute and fun
>HJGLC might be off to a good start

I'm still nervous for some reason

Christ, I haven't seen that many names on a book since World's End.

Art has been the weakest aspect of this run, the dialogue is enjoyable enough that I can get though it though.

WE BIWEEKLY

>tfw no Guy

heh. Hillbilly Red Lantersns

he'll be in HJGLC soon

...What is Jessica on about? Baz seems to be right

What does she think they should do in case the ring doesn't work anymore, kung fu people down? No it's not about what "you" can do, the ring is a weapon and if it fails he has a backup

Although the fact that he made the gun WITH the ring does look kinda stupid. I mean, you could just think up a cannon

I think it's a normal gun but he's protecting it with his ring energy, which is part wasteful and part smart I guess so he doesn't get disarmed?

>HJGLC will be about Hal Jordan travelling through space collecting notorious Lanterns to his party like in na RPG
I'd love it.

Not that I want to rationalize away this epic DC fail BUT...
Be it a handgun, cannon, or giant boxing glove the projected force is whatever powerlevel the ringbearer wills into it.
Or so it has been said in the past...

No I'm pretty sure it's just a normal gun. It's been colored normal before.

>He actually took the stuffed toy
Best uncle or what?

I'm new to this character, is his gun NOT made by the ring? It sure looks like it is, but there is a glowing symbol on his arm.

Bottom left panel: Simon your nose!

>I'm still nervous for some reason
Yeah Berganza It's honestly a bit surprising how good the GL and Superbooks are right now, although Johns probably worked on fixing them the most..

>"Little Human"
Oh my god guys, I don't think Atrocitus knows what children are.

Definitely

>GREEN LANTERNS #8
>(W) Humphries (A) Eduardo Pansica (CA) Robson Rocha, Joe Prado (CA) Emanuela Lupacchino
>“TRICK OR TREAT!” Rookie Green Lanterns Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz face their most daunting mission yet: a night of Halloween trick or treating with Simon’s young nephew and a on-the-run Guardian of the Universe.
>In Shops: Oct 05, 2016
>SRP: $2.99

I'm not really sure what's going on there, but he's always carried a regular, conventional handgun in the past. It's either a coloring error or he's creating a barrier around the gun for some reason.

now that sounds fun

the only way this would be cuter is if they took Hal's niece and nephew too

I want to marry Jessica.

Think they've got enough people working on this book?

Dc really dropped the ball on most costumes with rebirth

Well she's not wrong this is a league job

Looks like more than half a dozen people get paid for art that bad.

Lupa should replace Cho on the Wonder Woman variants

The whole point of the gun is that Baz's ring was originally defective, so he carried the pistol as back up.

Maybe he just made a pistol construct because he lacks imagination?

Jenny Frison replaced him

...... d-does she do any lewds?

Or just force of habbit.

It occurs to me that unlike most lanterns Jessica has expirence with firearms so she can use bazs gun if needed.

>tfw more excited for Dogfucker than King

>Sup Forums despaired about the Superman and Green Lantern offices
>King and Rucka have been shitting the bed

Sup Forums is never right

The ring runs on your fucking belief in it, if you expect it to fail, that will CAUSE it to.

That's the exact fucking way Abin Sur died.

>A petty argument with a variant cover artist, something that has nothing to do with the inside of the book, is "shitting the bed"

It also has a charge though so every Lantern should pack a backup

Wonder Woman is fucking boring mate. I don't give a fuck about Cho and his variants. He's going to Trinity anyway

That sounds awesome.

The present day arc isn't wowing me but I'm liking the origin redo so far.

Bullets ain't gonna do shit to almost anything a Green Lantern fights.

And Abin died because his forcefield couldn't tank a hit. A gun can't save you from that problem either.

>Bullets ain't gonna do shit to almost anything a Green Lantern fights.

And yet Baz saved himself from Sinestro with that gun. You really have no argument here

It saved him from Sinestro.

>believing every word of a story a cocky character tells about himself

While trapped in an afterlife realm, he shot Sinestro's ringless ghost in the face, to which Sinestro immediately got back up and managed to use Baz to escape.

>Bullets ain't gonna do shit to almost anything a Green Lantern fights.
Green lanterns mostly fight semi mundane threats

So, Red Lanterns can make constructions now?

Like poetry.

Since Brightest Day

This needs a Jessica edit

I don't know why people want every lantern to have the exact same costumes

Shit is boring considering the bullshit you could draw for them

Lanterns is probably THE book to get your creative boner moving

White people are fucking disgusting.

Getting rid of Jessica's cool evil ring in favor of being generic Earth GL #6 was stupid, too. Why on earth would you take away such an interesting source of conflict from a character? Also, her old costume was better.

Wait what? Did the colorist fuck up with the gun?

Yeah I wish they would have just slightly tweaked her old outfit when she became a GL.

That is probably just a fuck up born from so many different people working on the same issue's art.

I am kind of confused because Jessica is a gun nut and Humpries already touched base that.

I get why any other character would be confused but I feel like Jessica should be obsessed with it.

Not the teddy bear

I don't know if I would go so far as to say she's a gun nut but certainly more of a firearm user then most heros

After they got a human (surprise, surprise) Red Lantern code-named Rankorr. Dex is able to generate constructs after drinking Rankorr's blood.

Atrocitus was the one who put two and two together. Since Rankorr isn't with Atrocitus' crew, best guess here is that Atrocitus drained him out.

But he had a daughter before all his people were killed.

She should have become an "honorary GL." Guardians should have just let her in as Powerring to keep an eye on her. Her being another GL is pretty boring. I still felt they could have squeezed powerring for a couple more years before finishing up her arc completely.

Wasn't she out hunting with some friends when they all got murdered? And Johns originally described her as a survival nut?

They could probably just say the murder incident that caused her agoraphobia also gave her a gun phobia

Although now that I think about it she had a shotgun in her apartment, so I dunno why Simon's pistol makes her nervous

Simon has shitty trigger discipline. Look at his trigger finger. A gun nut would be nervous of that.

It's a weird feeling, though I am interested in whatever that new project was that King pitched to DC

Jessica needs to be added to this

Rankorr is ded