I think we can al agree that Marvel has a better street level then DC

I think we can al agree that Marvel has a better street level then DC

>Marvel has a better street
>current year
Heheheh NO

DC's street-level is usually just the Batfamily and a bunch of other guys who typically work alone.

Marvel's street-level feels like a kind of costumed neighbourhood watch where everyone knows each other and they all have a kind of rapport which allows them to work together more effectively.

I have to say, I do prefer the vibe street-level Marvel gives off.It's kind of like a street-level version of the Justice League with looser ties.

If you don't like the batfamily, then you would be right.

This, it really depends on how much you like Batman.

That's only partially the case. Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Punisher are usually removed from the other street-level heroes.

The costumed neighborhood watch thing also raises the question of how there are something like four crime syndicates, multiple low level supervillains, and a ton of powered goons running about without issue. I really want to grab a couple of criminologists, give them a rundown of every street level hero, villain, gangster, and plot goings-on, and have them hash out exactly how crime in Marvel NYC works.

desu it has always bothered me how EVERYTHING in Marvel goes down in New York

what you read theyre never seen together but off page i like to think all the street guys do team ups to stop threats that would be a little out of reach other wise

Gotham > New York

so no

THIS

>I think we can all agree that dog food tastes way better in a meat loaf than cat food
street level is shit to begin with so who cares?

This is like "why do people still bother living in gotham"
Suspense of disbelief

Compared to DC the entire Marvel universe is street level.

Also beyond Daredevil and Moon Knight, Marvel is pretty much shit.

Considering how many heroes it takes to control crime in 616 new york
616NYC>gotham

I suppose the alternative would be moving to Bludhaven or, worse, Hub City

Name 5 non batman street stories from dc as good as born again and kravens last hunt

Or metropolis

Better street level and better cosmic.

And I say this as a massive DCfag.

It's a falldown. People don't move up from Gotham. They fall in Gotham.

Don't enjoy boomtubes?

Couldn't The Flash be considered street level anyway?

Cosmic is dead nigga, it's worthless now.

Let's be honest. When was the last time DC did something worthwile with the New Gods? Final Crisis?

No, Godhead clearly doesn't count.

One of the most frustrating things as a DC reader is how poorly fleshed out some of the corners of the DCU are. Outside Lanterns and New Gods there's nothing regularly. Adam Strange: Planet Heist was a such a good miniseries that makes you wish there was an Adam Strange ongoing in that style.

>Thinking Marvel has a best anything over DC

>omega men was a mini
>planet heist was a mini
>there's no ongoing DC cosmic

>guardians and shithumans are ruined by bennis
>jim starling can't write anyone but adam warlock and thanos
>basically there's no cosmic now at all

Both companies have slashed and burned their cosmic. Adam Strange and Annihilators never. Hope you like Bendis Guardians and Slott Surfer.

Overall you have New Gods and Lantern and Legion vs Guardians and Silver Surfer Jim Starlin stuff. Thor was also very cosmic in the early books and silver Age Superman and Justice League were also very cosmic.

I give the nod slightly to Marvel. Ever so slightly. But its close.

Current DC cosmic is so much better than current Marvel cosmic.

Well nothing but Green Lantern sells so can't do much about that unless they give Snyder 4 cosmic books and let him go ham

At least we're getting an Adam Strange and Hawkman mini in October.

>Two classic DC 'cosmic' characters (and a villain) return in October and are teaming up to prevent an interplanetary war in Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time, a new six-issue limited series by writer Marc Andreyko and interior/cover artist Aaron Lopresti.

>"Residing on Earth and out of the hero game, Adam Strange finds himself trying to live a 'normal' life, until he’s literally pulled back into adventure again as a seemingly normal Zeta beam transmission returns him to the planet Rann, where he hopes to be reunited with his beloved Alanna. But instead, he finds the once great city of Ranagar in ruins with millions dead, and the once peaceful Alanna is now calling for the blood of Rann’s oldest enemy, Thanagar, home of the Hawkmen.

People in gotham can't be that rich,
Like, how could you sell your house and buy a new one if no one outside of gotham is willing to buy your current one in the first place.

Who is that Starlord wannabe?

>DC has Batman

Sorry, Marvel. But hey, at least you're more progressive.

They should use the Lanterns to flesh out cosmic DC.

Throw L.E.G.I.O.N. and the Darkstars against each other in a conflict, have the GLs deal with them. Use Vril Dox, Starfire and/or Blackfire as actual scheming cosmic diplomats. Upgrade Thanagar into an empire to be reconned with on an intergalactic scale. Do not rehash the Rann-Thanagar War without good reason. Use the Spider Guild and the Vega system more. Take the characters who appear in R.E.B.E.L.S., Threshold, Omega Men, Nubo, etc. and fucking do something with them. Stop making the Lanterns fight against the other Corps and actually make them act like the police force they are who are also present during diplomatic negotiations.

Found the guy who doesn't read comics. Adam Strange predates Star-Lord by 16 years.

>It's another company wars episode

Yes. Without a doubt.

>>current year

The current year Netflix shows cement how better and varied Marvel's street characters are

At least it looks like DC is trying to bring it's back with that Adam strange and Hawkman mini

>They should use the Lanterns to flesh out cosmic DC.

They tried that when they put Kyle with the Omega Men

>Also beyond Daredevil and Moon Knight, Marvel is pretty much shit.

What about Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc?

How by having a terrible second season of Daredevil and Jessica walking around with permanent bitch face? It's shit

>Kyle
He meant a good Lantern.

>is how poorly fleshed out some of the corners of the DCU are

This. The DCU is so Batman and Superman centric that it comes at the expense of other DC characters. Like they still haven't ironed out the kinks of Wonder Woman's greek mythology (how do they fit alongside the New Gods and Shazam's mythos?)

You've never read a DC comic so how would you know?

I bet you think Batman is the only street level hero DC has.

>He said while posting Shadowland
Breh

Marvel's got better street level. DC has a better Dark universe

Almost every arc in O'Neil's The Question.

Unlike 616, which is totally developed! Why, they've defined every single street corner of New York!

You should expect it by now. 75% of Marvel is DC ripoffs, and Marveldrones don't have any self awareness.

Subtract dark

Swamp Dino ongoing when!

Well I have high hopes for Luke Cage and Iron Fist to be better

DC seems to think so
Batman and batman accessories

Marvel has better Galaxy than DC. Fucking lanterns are trash. Street level and everything else goes to DC.

Batman and Spiderman don't count.

>I bet you think Batman is the only street level hero DC has.

Only one they use, that's for sure

>le 'company ripoffs" meme
Back to cracked with you

And this point, batfamily shit is.

GA and BoP being the other ones DC does, and even then one of its members is an immediate member of the batfamily.

If Batman doesn't count, then there is no way DC's street level is better than Marvel's.

>75% of Marvel is DC ripoffs

Funny that they always end up better.

Moon Knight > Batman

Spider-Man barely counts as street level. He's a fucking superhero and some of his threats are huge. If we consider him street level I see no reason why we can't also count the Flash

>no see he's better because he's TORTURED and EDGY
Funny how Marvel do dat

>Funny that they always end up better.

KEK. No

pffftttthhhhhhh hahahahahaha

Marveldrones are this delusional

Are you implying Batman isn't tortured?

Are you retarded?

You can't deny Marvel has done a better job at fleshing out their properties in a way not everything feels centered around a few characters.

>taking the bait

Sorry, but i can't.

Green Arrow, Question, Vigilante, Wild Dog, Hitman, Manhunter, Unknown Soldier, Simon Dark... there's more.

Notice that i only cited characters that had long acclaimed runs.

Because they shift focus to whatever they want to make movies about

Those don't count because I don't know them. Based Marble won't make movies about them so idgaf

>not everything feels centered around a few characters.
>Marvel

Really? What other street-level characters there are other than the Punisher, Moon Knight, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Power Man and Iron first? Those are the guys Marvel always use.

Like how EVERYTHING in DC goes down in Gotham? It's just a product of the genre.

No, Marvel sucks it at that, its all about style and flashy colors for them, very very cheap
They ate really not that deep and inteligent

DC's base core is street level in itself its about investigating crimes

>Like how EVERYTHING in DC goes down in Gotham?

It doesn't though. I'd say more of the actual world changing stuff goes on in Metropolis

DC just has too many fucking characters and publish too many fucking weird comic.

I mean, they have 20 something established cowboy characters with long runs, 30 something soldier characters with long runs, 10 or so spy characters with long runs, 15 or so space related characters with long runs, 10 or so magic related characters with long acclaimed runs, and they're always making more.

Detective Chimp is a street-level character,. for fuck's sake. A fucking monkey dressed as Sherlock Holmes, and he has tons of comics. What the fuck is this? Batman even consult with the monkey on cases in serious fucking dense stories.

That's one area where DC has always come up short.

Nothing "street level" about Batman. His antagonists are still mostly super villains and he still has typical silly cape comic adventures. DC street level is basically Wild Dog, Vigilante, The Question, and maybe Richard Dragon if you count martial arts books as "street level". There's a few others, but not much.

They should make the lanterns deal with all the shit they cause and ignore while battling other lanterns, which is like half the reason organisations like L.E.G.I.O.N. exists in the first place. Colu was a totalitarian dictatorship for a very long time, the Dominators have been allowed to do pretty much whatever they want to do and the Psion keep most of their women as sex slaves, and the GLs did nothing or very little about it.

What is Star City? What is Hub City? What is Opal City? What is Suicide Slum?

Spider-Man is not even remotely close to "street level".

>There's a few others, but not much.

More than Marvel, for sure. Take for example Hitman with 100 or something issues.

>Nothing "street level" about Batman. His antagonists are still mostly super villains and he still has typical silly cape comic adventures

Tell the Marvel fans to stop including Spider-Man then

Or Daredevil.

>everything in DC goes down in Gotham

So you're just admitting you've never read a DC comic? 90% of DC heroes operate in their own cities. Green Arrow is in Star City, Superman is in Metropolis, Atom is in Ivy Town, GL is in Coast City, etc.

That's like, one of the company's hallmarks.

Typical Marveldrone.

Even people like Nightwing had his own city.

Hobo-Hal was a good opportunity for that, and then they squandered it on yet more Relic and corps bullshit.

Wild dog is good but it comes nowhere near punishers best arcs

Green Arrow? Black Canary? Black Lighting? Firestorm is street level most of the time, too.

DD actually fights mainly human opponents and mobsters. Miller really only added ninja shit

Because Wild Dog isn't trying to be Punisher, not really. It's all about fucked up and weird stories. It has more in common with the Badger or something.

Nowadays he's fighting mostly super-villains.

>street level is shit to begin with so who cares?

Street level comics are literally the only ones worth reading. Enjoy your manchild fantasies in outer space and pointless crossover events faggot

Nowadays he has Captain America popping over for a visit. The people who want the Netflix heroes to appear in the MCU should be gassed

I think the Batfamily is okay, but I still agree with OP, because that variety and interconnection is better than the entire sub-genre essentially stemming from one guy's proteges and enemies.

>Street Level Marvel is exempt from events

If only, user

t. Mature adult looking for mature comics for mature adults such as myself

*tilts trilby*

But there's more than that. You ignore people like Green Arrow, who was always more street-level that Batman what with having a drug-addicted male side-kick and a HIV infected female partner.

why doesnt DC turn the Legion of Superheroes into their Shi Ar? as in, suddenly their planet is in the same universe as modern DC, in the same way that pre flashpoint Superman found himself in our universe and Earth.
blame it on Brainiac.

It's not even fucking close. Marvel has their monsters from the 70s and Ghost Rider. DC has SO much stuff.

Enjoy Daredevil fighting more magic ninjas while Spiderman fights other dimensions.

>Both companies have slashed and burned their cosmic. Adam Strange and Annihilators never. Hope you like Bendis Guardians and Slott Surfer.
It hurts.