There are people who don't think this is the best Batman movie

>there are people who don't think this is the best Batman movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0Btp7IMzSU
youtube.com/watch?v=xYaw5DzXiT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the only barman movie I haven't seen.

And yes I saw the 60's one.

Watch it user. Best depiction of Gotham in Batman's history other than TAS.

Too cartoony for me, the first one had a hint of sillyness but just the right amount, this one took it too far for my liking

>selena being killed, brought back to life by magic cats
>penguin being able to communicate with penguins
>penguins living in the sewer

Attitudes like this are why we had to suffer through Nolan's dogshit

Good Tim Burton movie.
Not a great Batman movie but not the worst.

That's not Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition.

That movie has the best depiction of Batman, but it's not his best movie

Boom.

Oh what could have been.

Oh look, the one guy who doesn't like the critically acclaimed fan favorites

We all wish more movies would be made JUST FOR YOU, just for YOUR enjoyment and not ours! People should spend millions of dollars on movies JUST FOR YOUUUU

Why can't we have a happy medium?
WB acts like comic movies can only be either super dark humorless movies or ridiculous nonsensical silly movies.

batman forever was the best batman movie. Perfectly captures the camp of the 60s without going straight into batman and robin-esque cheezetown

By far my favorite pre-Nolan one.
Yeah it's very Burton-y, but if Batman is so popular its precisely because it can be interpreted in so many different ways.

>batfleck
>good

Dude, Batman COMICS don't even get as cartoony as that movie was....

DESU I was being melodramatic. I really enjoyed Begins. The other two are bad for different reasons other than muh realism

Makes sense to me.

>he's only read Batman starting at Scott Snyder's run

The Red Book version was better.

you're right he's the best.

The 60's one is better honestly.

You're right. He's great.
Don't get me wrong, him killing so easily is a dumb as hell decision. It was Snyder going too far and picking the easy mode because it's so much easier to have AMAZING ACTION when you don't have to care if your characters live or die.

But other than that, it was great. Yeah it's not the typical Batman, but it wasn't supposed to be. He was meant to be at the end of his rope, with Superman giving him the will to come back and do better. The way it was done wasn't the best, but at least it's a solid idea.

Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck have the best depictions of Batman? Similarities? They're both obviously fucking insane

>red book version
Honestly not familiar with it. What was it like?

Carrey and Jones are unbearable in it though.

>>there are people
KEK fucking sheeple kys

>people still don't get this

I understand why people wouldn't like the idea of Batman straight-up killing people and using guns as well, but honestly I don't mind it. I think it fits this version of the character and it makes him stand out more from the previous interpretations.
I don't think he should always murder people though, maybe in JL or in his solo film they could do something about that

All the cut scenes (Opening prologue at Arkham, Bruce reading his father's journal (the "red book"), incidental story beats, and the redemption scene in the lower batcave with the giant bat.) Also some of the more stupid 'jokes' cut. It's closer in tone as what was originally intended, until the studio decided they wanted to sell more toys.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0Btp7IMzSU

It's a fan edit that bleeds out a lot of the colored lighting and reinserts the deleted scene where Two-Face escapes from Arkham.

Agreed.

>dat Christmas inspired soundtrack
>dat Gotham ascetic
>dat Batsuit
>dat Catwoman/Batman and Selina/Bruce romance
>Michael Keaton

Yup, best Batman film by a mile.

I honestly thought they were fine in it. It wasn't a very serious take on the batman mythos and I thought them hamming it up fit with the tone of the movie. Then again I like the 60s batman and other campy as hell interpretations of batman

No. Just Jones. Carey was perfect as a Gorshin style Riddler. Jones' take on Harvey was wrong. The closest he got to being correct was at the very end, When Batman told him to let the coin decide. He went from manic to 'normal'.
Jones was always 'ON' as Two-Face. He should have played with the split personality aspect of Harvey. The 'good side' is normal, the 'bad side' is chaotic. His take made him chaotic all the time.

It's pretty sad that the movie that makes Penguin a literal monster and gives Catwoman superpowers is still the closest to the comics a Batman movie has ever come not counting BvS

>humorless
Did you even watch the Nolan Batman movies? There's humour and levity all over the place.

I actually prefer this Catwoman origin to the comics idk

My problem with him killing, other than being a lazy way to have a big action scene (Mostly the Batmobile chase) is that it wasn't necessary.

Like you said, for that particular version of the character it can make sense since we're dealing with a Batman in crisis. But him branding criminals was already pretty effective at making you understand that he's now much more brutal and on the edge.

Like so many other things, I see that as Snyder going too far when it wasn't necessary, like the 45 seconds of close-up on the piss jar (I don't mind the idea, it shows just how petty Lex can be) or those gigantic explosion at the end. It's excess for no reasons.

Not a single funny moment in those movies other than Joker stuff

WHEW, LAD.

Snarky Alfred, Bruce playing his playboy persona.

Yeah, they aren't jokes or moments that make you laugh out loud, but they don't have to be.

>they don't like falaffel?
>and your plan is to blackmail this person?
>he does that

meme elsewhere

Instead we got Tommy Lee Jones as the Joker....

Cavill is pretty GOAT tbqh

BvS was good

There's minor scenes of comic relief, I'd say it's misleading to say they're full of humor thought

I like Cavill as Superman lookwise.
It's just a shame that in all of BvS, the only times he smiles is when he's about to fuck, to shove a terrorist through 6 walls or to die.

Wasnt a fan of the botch job they did to Penguin. Go read Penguin Pain and Predjudice

The story that they told had Supes in a bad place in his life.
I thought it was interesting and different.

>score influenced by Elfman's Batman works, pre-Inception so no BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH horn bullshit
>covers every point necessary for a good origin story
>multiple villains without coming across as bloated
>no shitty low growl voice aside from one scene where it was kind of justified (pic related)
>still tries to feel like a comic book movie since Batman becomes more and more impractical with each sequel
Aside from the ugly design of the Tumblr I don't see how Batman Begins isn't regarded as the best in the trilogy.

Not only do I not think it is the best batman movie, I don't even think it is a good batman movie.

Nolanfags are a trip lmfao

>A black Two-Face whose evil half is white.

Has this been done yet?

It's easily the best of the Nolan movies. TDK has absolutely horrific pacing that is incredibly evident on rematch. Film slows to a boring crawl whenever the Joker isn't on screen. Absolute worst depiction of Batman in a BATMAN MOVIE.

TDKR is even worse for reasons everyone has talked to death about.

I agree

Batman 89 was a perfect comic book movie, this crap was like a Hot Topic saturday morning cartoon

Campfags are really the worst people on this board

For YOU, maybe.

But it's not white his skin is burned off to the muscle

Because even if Begins is pretty damn good, TDK is objectively better. There's more tension and Ledger and Eckhart knock it out of the park. It sets the table for something great too.

But then Nolan decided to have Batman stop being Batman for 8 years, which doesn't even make sense considering what happened. Ledger's death really made him drop the ball for TDKR.

I like it and appreciate it for what it is but it's worse than its predecessor, as well as at least the first two entries in Nolan's trilogy.

>he doesn't know about sewer penguins

>memes

I've tried to figure out why I think Begins is so much more boring than TDK, and the answer I always come to is Liam Neeson.

I don't hate the guy but he is just not a charismatic villain. Heath Ledger steals every scene he's in, Neeson puts me to sleep.

I understand the movie is about Batman's origins, but the villain is pretty goddamn important.

>I've tried to figure out why I think Begins is so much more boring than TDK

It's because nothing Batman happens until the end

It was a brilliant start for the franchise, but it is boring to watch repeatedly because it takes so damn long explaining WHY he becomes Batman rather than just giving us action as Batman

Of course they don't. That honor belongs to Mask of the Phantasm.

>children's cartoons
>bad children's cartoons

The thing that bugs me about the Nolan films is they way Bale runs around making Batman a mouthbreather.
I mean he looks fucking ridiculous.

I think Joker being in the movie was unnecessary to be honest.

It had this great noir atmosphere up until he appeared, then it became a wackyfest. I don't hate the Joker but he was clearly shoehorned in for the climax.

Kissable lips desu

Begins is like the most generic superhero movie of all time. It's so formulaic in every detail and it's clear many choices were made by executive committee, such as the entire character of Rachel and the pointless inclusion of Scarecrow.

Say what you will about TDK but it bucked so many trends of cape films and opened the genre up for more experimentation. Or at least, as much experimentation as you can have in a big budget Hollywood movie. The "one two punch" of TDK and Iron Man kind of showed that these movies can be a bit more serious in tone without seeming retarded and shying too much away from what their roots like X-Men, in a similar way to what Watchmen and TDKR did for comics in 1986.

And the irony is that TDKR and Iron Man 2/Avengers totally ruined all of that.

The first Iron Man movie is just as boring and formulaic as Batman Begins. There isn't a single unique movie in the MCU.

Hey, I laughed at Bane even before the memes. I just laugh harder now.

>He doesn't like Gotham

Don't forget about the Bat-scratch:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYaw5DzXiT4

I watched all of that wondering why you posted it. The wait was worth it.
Gotham's still bad