You have two minutes to give a logical, economical, and moral reason why I should "tip" extra money for food...

You have two minutes to give a logical, economical, and moral reason why I should "tip" extra money for food, dining accoutrements, and condiments I already paid for.

Normalfags and moralfags shame someone into fitting into the herd for a common narrative that the waiters are "poor wittle angels who deserve extra money". The customer has no obligation to grant a tiny monetary reprieve to a degenerate who refused to get a better paying and more stable job.

Why don't you just start tipping your Walmart cashier next or better yet locksmiths or engineers and people who provide a real service? If you agree to be paid below a base minimum wage and try to make up the rest by being a beggar then you're a fucking loser, even if you're "doing it for college". Nuff said.

holy shit you did it

Because thats what we so in America.

I mean you dont have to tip, but I wouldnt go back to the same restaurant since they will remember you and fuck with your food

The average American visits easily over million restaurant during his lifetime.

Imagine if every time, instead of giving tip, you would put 1$ or more aside and gather yourself a fortune.

Yeah bro! Let's just do ANYTHING that everyone else is doing. NEVER question jewish business practices goy!

You can get higher quality people as waitstaff if you're willing to subsidize their wage.

That is literally it, even if you don't subscribe to that ideal then your restaurant experience rides on those that do.

because the waitress will shit on your meal and your acquaintances will judge you

>The average American visits easily over million restaurant during his lifetime

If you ate at a restaurant 3 times a day every day for 100 years you would only eat at 109,500.

>stiffing some poor waiter working his ass off and literally waiting on you hand and foot out of a $10 or at most $20 tip
How Jewish are you?

"Look mah I dun went to a fancy restaurant and didnt even tip no waiter"

Op is the worst kind of people

Maybe that means you should hang around better people then

it's not jewish if it's going to the common person, dumbshit. you suck at bait threads. tipping is simple: if you don't do it, you are a true poorfag as well as a jew and thereby, according to your last post, a hypocrite, because you are (((stingy))). we've had this thread about one trillion times, maybe it's time you go to bed, hm?

You sound incredibly beta.

>he worked his ass off

So do students, lawyers, engineers, research scientists, locksmiths, construction workers, nuclear physicists...

>going to a restaurant for food
waste of money, and if you have money to waste you can cook a 5 course meal that is higher quality for the same price if not cheaper.

inb4 "buuuht Im too lazy" then you deserve to waste money

>if you don't do it, you are a true poorfag as well as a jew and thereby

Why would my effort to pay the established price instead of inflating the tipping system which victimizes waiters and allows them to be underpaid and possibly exploited if they aren't aware of their rights mean that I'm cheap or a kike?

nice b8 8/10

You're also right, I'm just asking about this ridiculous expectation.

I tipped more than a bill a few times.
I even tipped servers who were waiting on people, who I knew weren't going to tip well.
Your typical subarbanite cunts.
I just find it funny.
People that complain about tipping wither never worked for something.
Or are just poor.
It's really just common courtesy.
Not to mention in the end, it's the service you received that alters the tip outcome.
Or like I said.
You're just fucking poor.

If it's common courtesy, then I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could tip for, but don't because people don't tell you to.

I worked a factory from 16 all the way through college, and paid my own tuition. I work as an IT professional now and I still don't agree with tipping. Especially since the waiters are underpaid anyway and the tips do nothing more than allow the owner to take home more profit from the forgone expenses. You can easily find a job that pays around $9/hr job at a more decent place than say wendys that would payout the same as being a waiter.

You talk about working hard for something, but that also would preclude looking harder for an actually stable job would it not? I don't know about you but I liked to depend on a fixed income when I did my budgets

If you want to be a nigger then just be a nigger. Stop beggin Sup Forums for approval.

>implying a turbonigger like you, who cries about gratuity, could ever afford to pay the menu price for a plate like that

nah

Its an american thing

Tip is for waiters who exceed at job

Nah, in America its for everyone. That's why people think it's silly in the first place.

Your argument that you're "helping those who work for less than minimum wage" is flawed because it's the restaurant's responsibility to pay at least the minimum wage if the person doesn't make it in tips. It's the law.

It's common courtesy. Don't act like a fucking nigger

But why is it a common courtesy in america? When did tips stop being a reward for good service and became a requirement if you dont want to get shit in your food

its because waiters get taxed on what they are expected to be given in tips. After the great depression tipping became a thing, so the government wants a slice of that.

they'll spit in your food the next time they see if you don't.

servers are literally cancer and deserve to all be violently murdered.

No reason to tip, it's a scam but is so ingrained in our society I doubt it will ever go away. Waitresses/waiters like to whine and complain about how they only get paid pennies an hour but are required to at least get minimum wage if they don't make that in tips. Most wait staff make much more than minimum wage, I've seen some bragging about making 20-30 an hour. But remember if you can't tip 20% you are the devil and should never set foot in a restaurant.

Actually it was a habit of wealthy individuals in the roaring 20's to tip to basically show off how much wealth they have, and the custom has stuck ever since and trickled down into the whole economy. There's no real logical reason it's done, it's some retarded habit we have yet to change.

It lets the employer be cheaper and makes the customer have to pay more.

a lot of places are implementing apps for delivery drivers to see all the details about their orders, including whether customer included gratuity in the credit card or if they planned to if a cash order. a driver that sees $0.00 will fuck with your food

It's not about saving the waiters, it's about saving the owners.

The purpose of tipping is to shift the burden of employees' payments to the consumer rather than the employer. That way, small restaurants, bars, and cafes can expand quicker by accumulating more capital in a shorter amount of time, rather than accumulating a smaller amount of capital over a longer amount of time.

Yeah, paying tips sucks, but if you like eating out and having delicious meals in restaurants tipping actually is necessary, otherwise the meals would just cost more anyway or there just wouldn't be as many restaurants.

Any inflation in prices would be temporary per aggregate supply-demand

tip if you feel your waitress/waiter/staff gave you exemplary service, tip for delivery from small businesses not chain places

otherwise don't bother

why is this such a fucking debate

>inflation
>aggregate
>temporary
>supply
>demand

hmm yes, those are words

>Autists can't understand that serving food is actually a rare merit-based job
>Same people usually gripe about wishing they could pay less if given poor product/service and are too retarded to see this is meritocracy in action, if tipping was removed, you'd just find restaurants shoot up prices 15-20%

You can never win in this place, there are always some dipshits who just don't get it no matter how easy it is to understand.

I only started the discussion because people catch shit for not tipping, not because it's an option.

That's not how it works. Very few people refuse to eat at restaurants because of tipping, since the tipping rate is adjustable or can even be ignored. However, a mandatory and board-wide rise in prices would very much shift the equilibrium of the supply-demand curves, reducing the number of people who actually eat out.

In other words, you can whine about tipping all you want, but at the end of the day you don't HAVE to pay a tip and you'll certainly live without having done so. But if you ban tipping or make it culturally unacceptable all you will have done is shift the supply-demand curve towards a higher price, meaning that you will pay more for your food AND have no control over that fact.

What he's saying is that it would be the same deal as raising the minimum wage altogether. In other words, wages go up, the price of the good goes up, and the currency inflates as a result leading to (since buying power is always conserved) the exact same scenario as before minimum wage was raised.

Of course, this is retarded because it's not the same. Minimum wages are enforced price floors for the purchase of labor-hours, not optional additions. It's like saying that if you ban bonuses or raises you'll cause inflation. All you'll do is make it so that employers just automatically have to pay more to account for the workers' desire for bonuses and raises, but rather than such bonuses and raises being merit-based (the best employees get the largest raises and bonuses) they'll be mandatory, meaning that merit is no longer rewarded and reducing incentive to work hard.

In other words, tipping is capitalism at its finest: merit is rewarded by higher compensation, lack thereof is not. Paying no tip is frowned upon for the same reason that piracy or theft is: you're basically stealing labor.

THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT.

if enough people stop tipping, business owners will have to pay staff enough to not walk the fuck out on them, theres a dozen other entry level jobs that pay far better for more enjoyable work than food service

WHERE DO YOU THINK THE MONEY TO KEEP THE STAFF FROM LEAVING WILL COME FROM?!?

Hint: it'll be you, every time you dine out and pay more

Don't be stupid, this is basic stuff.

>Paying no tip is frowned upon for the same reason that piracy or theft is: you're basically stealing labor.

You're going to have to defend that very hard to make even the least bit of sense.

If they dont make the required minimum wage that month, then they'll be covered. You aren't stealing any labor, but merely refusing their incentive pay.

You're not stealing labor from the employee, you're stealing it from the employer.

Until this cultural practice dies (either via law or by a movement) we are obligated to tip. As it is now, these people are dependant upon tips in order to make money. I agree that its retarded that the customer should be burdened even further with the payment of the employees, but that's just how it is currently. If we ever move away from obligatory tipping then that price will probably be represented in the price of the meals we purchase, which is how it should be.

Tips should only be for extraordinary service, and that should be determined by the person dining not the society. I'm sorry, but average service does not in any way deserve 15% of the bill on top. Average service doesn't deserve shit

I completely disagree with that, as whatever I pay could be stratified within their minimum wage pay anyway. It should not reflect poorly on me for paying the established price of a good. I entered no contract to do any more than that, so I haven't stolen anything.

>Average service doesn't deserve shit

Couldn't agree more. That would basically just be them doing the job.

>merit based

And what if I think their service has no merit to where I want to pay extra?

If you're dumb enough to pay $30 for a meal for one, you should be dumb enough to spend an additional $5 out of social pressure.

Its funny how in america this is common sense

At the same time you admit its stupid but keep doing it lol

>tfw the closest I ever paid to a $30 was at a 5-star restaurant with award winning chefs featured in magazines
>tfw I had braised duck with leek, couscous, and quinoa
>tasted like god

It was at that moment that I realized if anyone should be getting tips, it's the chefs

That's how normalfags are.

>it's not jewish if it's going to the common person, dumbshit.
>Mr Goldbergsteinowitz pays his waiting staff $2 an hour then expects the customer to finish paying their wages
Sure

Responses like his make me wonder what happened to this place.

So if tipping is about rewarding merit, why does EVERYONE in the jewSA have to pay fuckhuge tips?
Pay the staff a normal wage, if they're shit they'll be fired, and if they're very good they'll still get tips, even when it's not expected to tip in many place here.

Are you on the spectrum?

Your insult isn't making much sense boyo. You're just being obnoxious. If you want to sound less retarded, try actually arguing if you don't like what I'm saying

I tip at restaurants where I feel like the bill is below what the meal was worth, so pretty much any white owned business never gets a tip.

There's my answer, thanks. Bye now.

>my learned traditionalist behavior

You think white people can't cook? I think they can, but whites are better at providing restaurant food only at four or five star. Anything below owned by one is usually trash and tastes better when a minority does it like with those taco stands

>bye now

You won't be missed.

I think white restaurateurs tend to charge higher prices for similar products

Then you shouldnt pay extra. That's how it should be, but until we remove the laws that allow restaurant owners to Jew their employees, it's the responsibility of the customer to pay up.

Let's not fuck over the kids with service jobs just because their situation is shit. Fight for legislation change, but until it happens just deal with how things currently are

>Only 3 times a day
Dirty immigrant spotted

I've worked in a restaurant before and what they do is not hard. The owners are just Jews that won't pay their staff more, and meanwhile the people that are doing actually difficult work in the service industry rarely get payed anything extra from customers

If it's part of the culture, you tip.

>but until we remove the laws that allow restaurant owners to Jew their employees
Which laws? They still have to make at least minimum wage after tips.
Are you just saying minimum wage isn't enough?

I do tip most people I deal with. Gave a 5 dollar tip to the guy that changed my oil yesterday

What are u talking about i never tio, is it normal? Last time i was eating at a restaurant the manager? I think asked if wed like to leave a tip for the waiters, i told him "isnt it your job to pay them?" And took off. Fucking idiots

It's what incentives waiters to provide good service. If there was no potential monetary reward, the quality of service from waiters in general would be much lessened. Always tip something proporational to the quality of service you received.

to be honest ive got nothing against people who dont tip but here in the UK its a little different, we have a minimum wage, its shit, but full time you can live on it, I know because i did for 2 years. In america the hospitality industry gets to woefully underpay its waiting staff because of what you call the gratuity system (i think) Its this that needs to change, not the feeling of obligation to tip. A tip should be there for those staff members that go the extra mile, not just for someone who is doing there job only.