HEY WATCHA WATCHING? ME WELL I'M JUST A TV

HEY WATCHA WATCHING? ME WELL I'M JUST A TV.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nC3e1dhiAaI
youtube.com/watch?v=f6ElNZ4wxBM
youtube.com/watch?v=a4Ku6RGlJyk
youtube.com/watch?v=PJNlfVi6rpc
youtu.be/PCIJNiJislo?list=PLFAA57F685F3D62F2
youtu.be/qr8jyzq0uKs
youtube.com/watch?v=Km4f-eRE4Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=paEJPShlA_o
youtube.com/watch?v=zkBkR5jb6u0
youtu.be/TrRFZ1Oq7tY
youtube.com/watch?v=TRLtdqxHO5g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFI_TV_100
youtube.com/watch?v=l3DnoxzorYg
youtube.com/watch?v=SE4Rx8jDfjU
youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ
youtu.be/hxug9yyzOxQ
youtu.be/6PBB2dXbCXA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5JUZ-lYEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ipt5GHWHsw0
youtube.com/watch?v=NYBes8ki3lo
youtube.com/watch?v=TV2ngtkTQaY
youtube.com/watch?v=fwP1ZazcIl0
youtube.com/watch?v=WHPHvfE8wag
youtube.com/watch?v=V0HOz_NAhaw
youtube.com/watch?v=_UtiiXSoA2k
youtube.com/watch?v=nnaiCMvcndo
youtube.com/watch?v=1GRTd-rL5FM
youtube.com/watch?v=UC9Js3RWrlk
youtube.com/watch?v=HhASy4GgCmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tfw no house hippos

youtube.com/watch?v=nC3e1dhiAaI

Do you remember?

I'm not ready for a Canadian feels thread

>tfw Canadian television is dead forever

Why is Canada so based with it's PSA's?
youtube.com/watch?v=f6ElNZ4wxBM

What would it take for it to get better?

PUNISHER, CONTROOOOLLLL!

YOU GOTTA BALANCE FOOD AND ACTIVITY, WORK EM TOGETHER, YOUR BODY ELECTRICITY

a time machine

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I was on UH OH

Ama

Quebec fucking off

DON'T YA PUT IN YOUR MOUTH

Then there goes the only thing that keep you relevant culturally anywhere in the world. Everyone else disappears to the states.

what the fuck?

What is this and is it available to watch on youtube

Dumping a bunch of money into the CBC and creating self-contained, well-written, well-acted short series like the BBC does.

Cable is already dying as a medium and CBC does have a YT channel (a couple, I think) but if we really wanted to save Canadian TV we would need to pour a bunch of ca$$$$h into it and export it as a cultural thing.

Basically, turn the CBC into the BBC

I started singing this with a group of friends outside my house for a laugh.

My mom got really upset and thought we were smoking weed and I felt so fucking bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=a4Ku6RGlJyk

that's disturbing

And yet that's still nothing compared to some of the live-action PSAs from the same group.
youtube.com/watch?v=PJNlfVi6rpc
>that creepy as shit music

>That drug PSA with the brain made of elecrtical wires

Having money.

>this entire thread
Jesus christ, is there a word for the opposite of nostalgia?

Oh man, I forgot how intense that one was.

youtu.be/PCIJNiJislo?list=PLFAA57F685F3D62F2

This used to fuck me up as a kid.

Cringe

This one was intense.

youtu.be/qr8jyzq0uKs

Now if only we made more movies as good as these PSA's.

youtube.com/watch?v=Km4f-eRE4Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=paEJPShlA_o

Poor Lou Reed

youtube.com/watch?v=zkBkR5jb6u0

DO

YOU

EVER

WONDER

Oh my fucking god, I recognize this one!
What's happening!?

I heard we're posting Canadian nostalgia

youtu.be/TrRFZ1Oq7tY

I live how they didn't change it at all for the last episode. Til we meet again big blue house.

But the BBC is an utter croc of shit. What the fuck.

W H Y B E Y O U

H

E

N

Y

O

U

C

A

N

B

E

M

E

youtube.com/watch?v=TRLtdqxHO5g

That girl with the hat was hot (if she was 18 or older at the time)

The black hat

...the memories.....they are coming back....i used to be happy once....WHY WOULD YOU LET ME REMEMBER BEING HAPPY??

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFI_TV_100

It gave us Misfits, Black Adder, Monty Python, Black Mirror, and The Prisoner. That's more than Canada's ever done for well-developed and acclaimed television series worth watching. Pic related: what happens when you do the BBC wrong.

Whoops, I take it back on Misfits and The Prisoner, but let's just add Top Gear and Dr.Who in their place as far as influential shit the BBC has made.

Let's toss E4 in there as a kind of Teletoon/YTV hybrid of "must contain Canadian content" and it's clear that the UK has us beat by a wide margin.

Cartoons, eh, they're not good at making them, but how and why is British original programming so much better than ours?

IF YOU EAT SOME ONE ELSE'S DICK, IT'S OK

I always wondered where cs188 got that source

This is the one that freaked me out the most.

I think part of it is just how far Britain is to the USA compared to Canada. In Canada, if some prodigy film director or something is born, they just flock down to the US where the big boy's club is because why wouldn't they? It's the easiest thing in the world to just move south and the USA's industry is much bigger than Canada's. Hollywood is filled with Canadian people for just that reason, and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, because only the dregs are left behind. It's not so easy to arbitrarily relocate in Britain, so instead talented people are forced to actually stay in their own country, which may have a smaller industry but is built up by their talent not getting siphoned off somewhere else.

youtube.com/watch?v=l3DnoxzorYg

Does anyone remember the PSA were a pair of girls go into a seedy make up store? I remember it had an aesthetic kind of like this, but more "cybernetic" if that makes sense.

THIS IS IT

youtube.com/watch?v=SE4Rx8jDfjU

thx bruv

>talking about how based there PSAs
>not posting the OBVIOUS one

youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ

>Frank Castle shoots the audience with ketchup

Oh fuck not these again

I always liked this one, it had pretty smooth music to it. Too autistic to know what it was talking about, but it sure beat the "Kraft propane" one.

youtu.be/hxug9yyzOxQ
Just remembered this one.

Found it!
youtu.be/6PBB2dXbCXA

I watched this in french class. Also the Cosby Show for some reason

My god, this show!! I almost forgot how fucking hot Holly was.

>tfw you thought the house hippo was real

youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5JUZ-lYEQ

what's your thing, Sup Forums?

Not as much nostalgia from that since they played that for a long time.

I'M A COMPUTER

I really want someone to do an animation of that sounds effects kid.

Fuck, that was kinda horrifying.
Also, they're called slip resistant work shoes, dumbass. Look into them.

So that one kid's thing is doing laundry?

I never liked this message, and it seemed like it got pushed a lot in the 90's. That everybody is born with some kind of special talent or ability, everybody has one particular thing special about them and that's that. It's just not fucking true, it's wishful thinking at best, but weird wishful thinking because it's not even that positive. I'd rather have many 'things' then just one.

I guess the message is supposed to be more like 'however you want to live your life, be proud of it', but why not just say that? Why was everything trying to peddle this 'one thing' bullshit?

He's dancing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ipt5GHWHsw0

This was posted in the last weird canadian shit thread.

That's not the proper canadian short.

youtube.com/watch?v=NYBes8ki3lo

This was shown about sixty times an hour.

What was it like being around the Leather Man?

I always remembered bits and pieces of this show but I didn't remember the name. Thanks user.

can anyone tell me what that show was with all the creepy stories that use to air on ytv? I remember the intro was some kid walking into a movie theater and buying a ticket then eating I think bugs for popcorn? There was one episode where there was a girl obsessed with clothes then lost them all and came to school in a towel for the rest of her life

>There was one episode where there was a girl obsessed with clothes then lost them all and came to school in a towel for the rest of her life

This was aired in latinamerican CN as shorts, with the puppet parts cut out. I didn't know it was canadian or that it even had puppets originally.

All these old PSA's are just making me realize never paid attention to them. They played all the time so much I could probably recite them start-to-finish back in the day, but I don't think I ever noticed most of the "messages" behind them. Except for the "don't you put it in your mouth" song. That shit was catchy as fuck, there's no avoiding that message.

Freaky Stories?
The one that opened with "It happened to a friend of a friend of mine?"

Regret the word your looking for is regret.

meet

youtube.com/watch?v=TV2ngtkTQaY

Grizzly Tales

it was a claymation intro

yeah that's the one, been looking for it for years now thanks man

I love how all of this shit is nostalgic to Canadians but the most fucked up shit ever to anyone else.

not to mention when they brought THIS over here to the 'states on Nickelodeon. (it originally aired on CBC in Canada, right?) I found it both nostalgic AND fucked up at the same time thinking about it today. It was pretty damn good for a puppet show.

I still know all of the words to the theme of Zoobliee Zoo without having to listen to it.

WHEN DID THIS

BECOME MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THIS

Canadian television used to be fucking great because we constantly had spooky shows. It felt like a non-stop Halloween on TV.

This one felt pretty iconic to me but it was played so damn much that I really appreciated the part where this guy says,"Choose not to watch."

youtube.com/watch?v=fwP1ZazcIl0

Also damn that girl at the end is hot, I wonder if she did anything else aside from that commercial.

that dealer is literally me

War flashbacks.

>Everyone else disappears to the states.

And nothing of value would be lost.

Oh god, anyone remember Noddy?

youtube.com/watch?v=WHPHvfE8wag

For some reason I remember there being a Noddy show but made in a stop animation kind of way and mostly in the forest.

Ah wait maybe it was this.

youtube.com/watch?v=V0HOz_NAhaw

Fuck I remember Noddy, I remember a lot of shit in this thread. I also remember the show with some weird green girl puppetthis chick in the image.

>weird green girl puppet

I hate that show so much.
I occasionally watched it when I couldn't find anything on but I could barely get through a whole episode.

Oh man, I found the Noddy show that I remembered.

youtube.com/watch?v=_UtiiXSoA2k

youtube.com/watch?v=nnaiCMvcndo

This fucking show.

youtube.com/watch?v=1GRTd-rL5FM

Is this what you call "aesthetic"?

youtube.com/watch?v=UC9Js3RWrlk

The road is loooooooooong

I used to be really confused as to what this commercial was about. At one point I thought it had to do with homophobia (what was I thinking?), then depression, then a horrible illness.

youtube.com/watch?v=HhASy4GgCmQ

TÉLÉFRANÇAIS C'EST FANTASTIQUE